Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

It's the future and everybody can have what they like, so people who like to gently caress can have gently caress planet and Worf can have holocaust center planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Bringing Worf to Risa was an awful idea

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

Couldn't it be used for other, better things? Like putting the Bajorans back in concentration camps??

Gul Dukat did nothing wrong.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

TheScott2K posted:

That's, like, the one Enterprise episode I watched live and didn't regret it. An actual good episode of Star Trek from Enterprise, imagine that.

Enterprise is so goddamn frustrating because it had a ridiculous amount of potential, and so much of it was a giant swing and a miss. The first two seasons feel like leftover Voyager episodes that just had a find-replace done on the character names, the third season is almost completely half-baked (culminating with OMG SPACE NAZIS), and the fourth is just so, so much fanwank.

The worst part is that the cast was ridiculously strong and pretty much everyone was giving it their all (unlike Voyager, where everyone was pretty blatantly showing up for a paycheck, outside of Mulgrew, Ryan and Picardo), but they were hamstrung by truly awful writing. There's only so much you can make from a poo poo sandwich.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
I just want another good trek. I hope against hope discovery won't be DOA.

Also, K(C?)urzon Dax literally died from loving on Risa?! I wonder what that planet's death totals are...

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

At least it's not Dr. Who.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Bohemian Nights posted:

On Risa, those extremely viscous waves upon waves washing in over the shore, let's just say they're not water

The Great Bird of the Galaxy posted:

As for pleasure, my idea of pleasure is waves and waves and waves of cum exploding out of me.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Tbh there's a threshold for too much cum and it's a pretty low number

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

plz tell me he puts it on

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Worf is a loving idiot.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm still pretty sure that resistance group was there just for Worf.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
There are plenty of shittier DS9 episodes than that one, but it still might be my least favorite. It isn't funny, and it just makes Worf look like a gigantic rear end in a top hat for no reason.

On the bright side, it helped produce one of my favorite Trek fan videos

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

It's not that I think it's lovely, I honestly can't call any DS9 episode lovely after I've watched Stargate, but I do agree it does Worf's character any good. But hey, negative character development is still character development!

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
On a sidenote, I just finished binging Hannibal, and I kept thinking that Caroline Dhavernas would make a great Jadzia in some alternate universe

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Wow Voyager makes it clear that Risa is a tiki bar with white drywall and... and...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

plz tell me he puts it on

Bad news, honey. :sigh:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The planetary weather modification grid has a "waves of cum" setting

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

It's not that I think it's lovely, I honestly can't call any DS9 episode lovely after I've watched Stargate, but I do agree it does Worf's character any good. But hey, negative character development is still character development!

It's totally in keeping with Worf's character, though. He's a giant idiot who ignores the fun-loving fratbro aspects of his own culture and idealizes it as this super serious bushido cult that really only exists in ancient history. Of course he'd go to Risa, get mad at all the opulence, and try to teach everyone a lesson about taking things seriously.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It's totally in keeping with Worf's character, though. He's a giant idiot who ignores the fun-loving fratbro aspects of his own culture and idealizes it as this super serious bushido cult that really only exists in ancient history. Of course he'd go to Risa, get mad at all the opulence, and try to teach everyone a lesson about taking things seriously.

It's the part where he joins a terrorist cell that takes it too far. It'd be one thing if he was just handing out flyers or something.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

WampaLord posted:

It's the part where he joins a terrorist cell that takes it too far. It'd be one thing if he was just handing out flyers or something.

Ehh, I think you can handwave enough of that to make it work. Worf's an emotional dude and he's both fighting with Jadzia and angry at Quark/Bashir/Leeta for loving around. He finds an outlet in the anti-Risa group and probably rationalizes it with "they're not actually hurting anyone, just making a statement". And he doesn't side with that group for the entire episode. Once he finds out their ultimate goal, he's pretty pissed and ends things.

It's not a great episode but it makes sense given Worf's character at that point :shrug:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I love the fact that vacation/sex planet Risa was originally a rainy, jungle-covered planet that had gently caress-you earthquakes before they developed the weather control stuff.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

He's a giant idiot who ignores the fun-loving fratbro aspects of his own culture and idealizes it as this super serious bushido cult that really only exists in ancient history.

This is why I love and hate Worf. He's a total worfaboo. Dude's so insecure about his non-klingon upbringing he ratchets hard to pre-sparefaring klingon ideals but ignores the violent decadence allowed by any space-faring capable species.

e: tho he is right about being disgusted by the bajoran seperation ritual

MLKQUOTEMACHINE fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jul 4, 2017

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
"Wrongs Darker than Death or Night" rules. The inciting incident is Dukat sliding into Kira's DMs just to be like "haha I hosed your mom, anyway, later."

Also:

Kira: "Trust me Sisko, I won't do anything to alter the timeline." *tries to blow up own mother*

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Chexoid posted:

"Wrongs Darker than Death or Night" rules. The inciting incident is Dukat sliding into Kira's DMs just to be like "haha I hosed your mom, anyway, later."

Also:

Kira: "Trust me Sisko, I won't do anything to alter the timeline." *tries to blow up own mother*

never 👏 trust 👏 bajorans 👏

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Chexoid posted:

Also:

It's a good episode about the self - loathing of victims.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

never 👏 trust 👏 bajorans 👏

But Ro is so beautiful. :(

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Vintersorg posted:

Yeah, but she betrayed Picard to join the folks who didn't agree to move.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

The child version who bitches non-stop for 90% of Rascals is less of a pain in the rear end than regular Ro Laren.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

MisterBibs posted:

Yeah, but she betrayed Picard to join the folks who didn't agree to move.

I'm usually first to poo poo on the Maquis, but Picard's response at the bar really shouldn't have been "if you're having second thoughts i need to know now. oh also if you don't go through with this you're just a huge fuckup and everyone in Starfleet will hate you forever, including me."

Orv
May 4, 2011
Fellow enormous nerds, Chain of Command is on, which brings us to a time of dishonor and perfidy in our fine thread;

Best Trek two-parter, show your work

Fight.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

How the hell is odo suddenly bajoran hitler for killing 3 innocent guys??? Is this dumbshit childrace that mentally undeveloped they turn into gibbering babies at the thought of fallibility?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

How the hell is odo suddenly bajoran hitler for killing 3 innocent guys??? Is this dumbshit childrace that mentally undeveloped they turn into gibbering babies at the thought of fallibility?

Would you say he was just following orders?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

WampaLord posted:

Would you say he was just following orders?

I'd be the Sisko off camera shaking his head and thinking, "of course odo isn't infallible, :wtc:"

Do love the next episode revealing odo's actually reading erotica all those times he looks ponderously at his padd.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Orv posted:

Fellow enormous nerds, Chain of Command is on, which brings us to a time of dishonor and perfidy in our fine thread;

Fight.

All Good Things and no.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

In Star Trek Online there's a mission where you put out fires on Bajor.

While you do that, bajoran citizens will pull out military-grade phasers and shoot you in the back.

So yes that's their consistent characterization.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Orv posted:

Fight.

TNG: Best of Both Worlds Part 1/Family
DS9: Favor the Bold/Sacrifice of Angels

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Space Seed/Wrath of Khan

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Arglebargle III posted:

Space Seed/Wrath of Khan

That's cheating.

Drunk Trek is best Trek. Watching Worf meet Kurn for the first time. Hell yeah.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Q Who/Endgame

Move Along Home/In the Pale Moonlight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Booby Trap/Galaxy's Child

:v: