Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
How, in tyool 2017, does a company have such a bad matchmaker? No, I don't want to be on a server with 300 ping. Any time I feel too lazy to find a good server and rely on the matchmaker, it lets me down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Elysiume posted:

How, in tyool 2017, does a company have such a bad matchmaker? No, I don't want to be on a server with 300 ping. Any time I feel too lazy to find a good server and rely on the matchmaker, it lets me down.

The best matchmaker is yourself.

Also the new weekly is out. Giant head mode, and the zeds seem to have increased head health to balance it. You get a neat-o golden security helmet head, and it's been confirmed that the full-body suit will be a reward for later.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Elysiume posted:

Battlefield One has a 50% chance of putting me on an empty server or a server with 300+ ping every single time. To me it's crazier that there are matchmaking systems that actually work.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
How essential is Rack 'Em Up for Sharp? I know the wisdom is to take all the left perks for the boss but tac reload is one of those skills I take on every class that has it. I already take Sniper and Stability despite how much I end up scrambling anyway.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Propaganda Hour posted:

Battlefield One has a 50% chance of putting me on an empty server or a server with 300+ ping every single time. To me it's crazier that there are matchmaking systems that actually work.

Is it still faster to close the game and restart it to get to the main menu in BF1 than it is to quit after a round is over?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Theta Zero posted:

The best matchmaker is yourself.
I usually use the browser, but sometimes I open KF2 and just want to hop into a game and then I'm swamped with regret as I realize that the MM has proven itself worthless yet again.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Alkydere posted:

Is it still faster to close the game and restart it to get to the main menu in BF1 than it is to quit after a round is over?

No, but only because they made the quit/restart process slower. :dice:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Shumagorath posted:

How essential is Rack 'Em Up for Sharp? I know the wisdom is to take all the left perks for the boss but tac reload is one of those skills I take on every class that has it. I already take Sniper and Stability despite how much I end up scrambling anyway.

Sniper and Stability makes it so .500/Centerfire oneshots every zed except Scrakes/Fleshpounds and assures the railgun kills Scrakes/Fleshpounds in 1/2 shots. Fast reloads it the best unless you're using the M14EBR, and even then I'm not sure if you wouldn't just want fast reloads anyways.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Thanks, standing still is already hard enough without having to worry about streak bonuses. It's why I took Bonebreaker on Gunslinger since with my aim the average damage is actually higher.

Propaganda Hour posted:

No, but only because they made the quit/restart process slower. :dice:
And it probably still runs Punkbuster too. For all the shade I've thrown on KF2, it never kicked me from every server after ten seconds nor forced me to buy the unlock packs to catch up to my friends when the problem finally went away.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
First successful try at berserker: An eight minute slog against the patriarch, but a fun one, with the Bone Crusher.

Second try: Eviscerator. 20 seconds. Jesus Christ. :swoon:

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I did the bighead thing last night, Support REALLY shines in this one. Those heads are the perfect size to absorb all the pellets you can shoot in their direction.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Shumagorath posted:

And it probably still runs Punkbuster too. For all the shade I've thrown on KF2, it never kicked me from every server after ten seconds nor forced me to buy the unlock packs to catch up to my friends when the problem finally went away.

On the other hand, when BF1 ran well, it loving ran well. Something about the screams of player rage when an entire team of goon defenders on Operations use their infinite lives to do nothing but bayonet charge into the attackers (rendering them un-revivable because the bayonet counts as a melee kill) and win that was utterly *sublime*. The Scrakes sadly don't ragetell and ragequit the same way when clowned by the double-barrel as real players do in similar situations.

Unfortunately my computer went from "runs the game perfectly fine despite the game SCREAMING about my hardware being out of date" to "simply doesn't even start" when the first additional map was released. I really do need to upgrade my machine.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Yeah I felt like an idiot using it as a crutch for my beginner Sharp skills. Support runs this week.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dewgy posted:

First successful try at berserker: An eight minute slog against the patriarch, but a fun one, with the Bone Crusher.

Second try: Eviscerator. 20 seconds. Jesus Christ. :swoon:

Yea the evis is stupid against patty, it just destroys his health.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Shumagorath posted:

And it probably still runs Punkbuster too.

I'll raise you "No client side cheat detection at all"

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Do weeklies/rewards repeat? For reasons I don't entirely understand I didn't have interest in the game last week.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Alteisen posted:

Yea the evis is stupid against patty, it just destroys his health.

It does it to Hans, too. The first few hits aren't all that impressive, but I've taken him down from "yellow with shield" to dead in two or three shots. I think the bouncing projectiles do something crazy to enemies that don't just instantly die from it.

If anyone feels like watching it, I made a supercut of most of the clips I've taken since I got this on PS4, because I simply cannot stop saving the drat things. Came out to a half hour of footage, most of it's ten second clips. :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk7OYhoX13s

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Do weeklies/rewards repeat? For reasons I don't entirely understand I didn't have interest in the game last week.

Far as I know, nope. Once you miss it, it's gone. Last weeks was a dumb hat anyway so you didn't really miss anything.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I believe the weeklies will actually be on rotation for the foreseeable lifetime of the game.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I think it would be cool if weeklies weren't an event only thing, but I see them running out of ideas for it fast.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Skoll posted:

Far as I know, nope. Once you miss it, it's gone. Last weeks was a dumb hat anyway so you didn't really miss anything.

Please don't speak ill of my tiny, golden hat.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Are these weeklies available on PS4? I couldn't find them? Or pc only?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Ape Agitator posted:

Are these weeklies available on PS4? I couldn't find them? Or pc only?

They haven't been added to PS4 yet since we haven't gotten the summer update there yet

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Tripwire has been tweeting that they're coming with the Summer Sideshow "sometime this summer" and that there would be an announcement "soon" since the Sideshow launched last week or so.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dewgy posted:

It does it to Hans, too. The first few hits aren't all that impressive, but I've taken him down from "yellow with shield" to dead in two or three shots. I think the bouncing projectiles do something crazy to enemies that don't just instantly die from it.

If anyone feels like watching it, I made a supercut of most of the clips I've taken since I got this on PS4, because I simply cannot stop saving the drat things. Came out to a half hour of footage, most of it's ten second clips. :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk7OYhoX13s

Its hard as hell to hits Hans with it but it hurts pretty him good, it also eats his shield alive.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Alteisen posted:

Its hard as hell to hits Hans with it but it hurts pretty him good, it also eats his shield alive.

Even more fun's the microwave gun. If Hans dies from that his body part physics just go absolutely insane.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Dewgy posted:

Even more fun's the microwave gun. If Hans dies from that his body part physics just go absolutely insane.

Even better, if you hit him with an RPG just as he ragdolls from having his shield knocked off, it has a chance to send him flying. Like, flying enough that there is a very real chance he will be knocked out of the map, either upwards or at such high velocity he clips through the floor and dies instantly.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Yeah buddy

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Dewgy posted:

[The Eviscerator] does it to Hans, too. The first few hits aren't all that impressive, but I've taken him down from "yellow with shield" to dead in two or three shots. I think the bouncing projectiles do something crazy to enemies that don't just instantly die from it.

I tried to solo the current weekly and Hans wrecked me as Demo and I only got him to half health (I'm poo poo, obviously). Retried as zerker with the Evis and yeah, he lasted 30 seconds tops. Like you said, the first few hits look pretty lacklustre but suddenly he's dead.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lurIqU8j0c

This week's event got a promotional video! For some reason.

Oh wait a second, they all have. They just didn't post them on Steam for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJnn8ozuFXo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyS3suWdA2w

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jul 6, 2017

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Is there a consensus on which weapons are a waste of money? The AK-12 kicks so hard and doesn't even seem to fire the full 30 bullets in the mag. The crossbow also seems to be one of them unless it has penetration power I'm missing.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Shumagorath posted:

Is there a consensus on which weapons are a waste of money? The AK-12 kicks so hard and doesn't even seem to fire the full 30 bullets in the mag. The crossbow also seems to be one of them unless it has penetration power I'm missing.

The AK is pound for pound the best Commando weapon. I don't want to say git gud, but maybe practice more with it?

And iirc there was a bug with AK ammo count but it got fixed.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Shumagorath posted:

AK is good for trading up for the final tier Commando weapons later on.

Uh...the nailgun is horrible for Berserker, but it works okay on Support when you're trading up. Not so much as a primary. The M14 is only really good if you're doing a gimmicky, unoptimal Sharpshooter, and the crossbow is pretty much worthless. Also there's never a reason to ever use the flamethrower unless you want to screw around with it.

Other than that, there isn't anything that's a particularly big waste of money.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Theta Zero posted:

Also there's never a reason to ever use the flamethrower unless you want to screw around with it.

I love it too much to give up. I'll switch to the microwave gun for the boss round though.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
lol gently caress your heresy on flamethrowers.

Literally no point to playing FB without loving around with that thing.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
The crossbow can stun on headshots but that's about it. I do love the M14 as a run and gun sharpshooter with rack em up though.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Do I want Fallback or Impact Rounds for Commando? I've only played the class on Hard recently but it seems like everything is dead too quickly from headshots during extended Zed Time to make use of stumbling. I also went with Tenacious over Prepared since my main issue seems to be cost of ammo not supply, so I figure Fallback fits better into that?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Shumagorath posted:

Do I want Fallback or Impact Rounds for Commando? I've only played the class on Hard recently but it seems like everything is dead too quickly from headshots during extended Zed Time to make use of stumbling. I also went with Tenacious over Prepared since my main issue seems to be cost of ammo not supply, so I figure Fallback fits better into that?

My regular loadout is Tactical Reload, Impact Rounds, Prepared, Hollow Point Rounds, and Machine Gunner.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Shumagorath posted:

Fallback kicks rear end, much more than Impact Rounds. You're aiming to kill your enemies, not make them fall over after they should be dead. Your pistol will kill all weaker zeds in one headshot, as will the knife, making it a great way to save money. Tenacious is also the correct pick as the difficulties get harder, you will really need that extra armor/HP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Shumagorath posted:

Impact Rounds make it easy to solo Scrakes if you can't aim for their head as easily when they charge. Same for Fleshpounds. You can also knock Sirens and Husks out of their attacks with it. Fallback is good if you can aim or aren't going to bother with large zeds, and the extra swap speed is very nice.