Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

My cousin-in-law's boyfriend had a build similar to Mike Glennon's and played in some amateur football league. He ended up with a broken bone ripping through the skin on his ankle.

I am convinced that the more Mike Glennon plays in the NFL, the sooner we will see him break in a way we have not yet seen a human being break on live TV. I'm imagining his spine bursting through the flesh of his neck or something nuts like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LabyaMynora posted:

I am convinced that the more Mike Glennon plays in the NFL, the sooner we will see him break in a way we have not yet seen a human being break on live TV. I'm imagining his spine bursting through the flesh of his neck or something nuts like that.

Johnny Knox wasn't too far from that.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

LabyaMynora posted:

My cousin-in-law's boyfriend had a build similar to Mike Glennon's and played in some amateur football league. He ended up with a broken bone ripping through the skin on his ankle.

Even worse is how they'll put him back together:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Filthy Casual posted:

Even worse is how they'll put him back together:

I should never have done that Photoshop.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Timby posted:

The photoshop we both need and deserve, my friend.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Timby posted:

You are doing the Lord's work. In testimony to it's greatness, all my fantasy teams are named The Glennophant Man with that picture.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Guys if you hate the packers but don't care about the other teams in the NFC north what are you

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Amy Pole Her posted:

Guys if you hate the packers but don't care about the other teams in the NFC north what are you

Perpetually disappointed.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Amy Pole Her posted:

a bad person

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

:yeah:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Same as when someone asks me which one of my kids is my favorite, I can pretend they're all equally loved but we both know lil' Evalyn is more smart and fun than the others.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
What if you hate both the Packers and the Bears?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
What if you love the Packers but were drafted by the Bears?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Dexo posted:

What if you hate both the Packers and the Bears?

You become a Lions fan, my condolences and welcome to the club.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

BGrifter posted:

What if you love the Packers but were drafted by the Bears?

Clearly you are the future of the franchise.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Q_res posted:

You become a Lions fan, my condolences and welcome to the club.

Do the Lions really hate any teams in the division? They've always been the little brother that's just kind of there.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Really, the Packers should not exist and the Browns should be in the division instead. It's not balanced having three teams in the wrong time zone.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah I'm indifferent towards the Vikings and Lions.

Just really really hate the Bears and Packers

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

IcePhoenix posted:

Do the Lions really hate any teams in the division? They've always been the little brother that's just kind of there.

I am personally willing, given the opportunity, to lead an expedition north, over the Mackinac Bridge, across the UP, and into the cursed land of Wisconsin, so that we may sack the city of Green Bay, destroy Lambeau Field, and salt the earth so that nothing may grow again.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I am personally willing, given the opportunity, to lead an expedition north, over the Mackinac Bridge, across the UP, and into the cursed land of Wisconsin, so that we may sack the city of Green Bay, destroy Lambeau Field, and salt the earth so that nothing may grow again.

That's more than messecary. If you jettison the team that city will destroy itself. The Packers are the only thing keeping northern Wisconsin from dying off.

They are gonna be forced to burn their "ownership" stake to keep warm.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jul 5, 2017

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

IcePhoenix posted:

Well, putting aside the setup that I just couldn't resist...

There's actually only one team in the North that I genuinely hate. The Vikings.

Though, if the Lions could manage to be competitive for more than a year at a time it'd probably be easy to develop a deep and visceral hatred for the Packers.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Dexo posted:

That's more than messecary. If you jettison the team that city will destroy itself. The Packers are the only thing keeping northern Wisconsin from dying off.

They are gonna be forced to burn their "ownership" stake to keep warm.

That's certainly true. At the same time, however, it's not about what's necessary.

It's about what's right.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

IcePhoenix posted:

When did you update your avatar btw? :allears: It's perfect.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

you could just take the ferry from Muskegon, idiot

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 53 minutes!
It's going to be weird when Wisconsin annexes Chicago after Illinois shuts down from lack of funding.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's going to be weird when Wisconsin annexes Chicago after Illinois shuts down from lack of funding.

Have you seen our budget? It's not much better.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Wisconsin literally can't get its budget out of the Joint Finance Committee because Scott Walker wants to borrow $850 million to cover the shortfall from his proposed tax cuts and meaningless spending increases to public education, and insists he'll veto any budget that has new taxes or fee hikes without offsetting tax cuts, and Assembly Republicans have grown a pair and said, "Wait, what the gently caress is wrong with you?" (Specifically, the Assembly wants to raise fees on large truck registrations, and wants to implement highway tolling.)

The budget was due by last Saturday, by the way.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

You'd think after what happened with Kansas, going scorched earth on taxes would be a poison pill.

Also, tolls on federal roads* (which makes up a vast majority of the major roads going into the state, especially in the west where the Mississippi makes up the border) require federal approval first, except with bridges! Chicago and IL DOT figured out that with bridges, you can have an effectively infinite length approach to it, as long as there's no exits on the approach.

And thus they exploited the loophole to give us the Chicago Skyway. But I digress.

*I could be wrong and this only applies to the Interstates

iospace fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 5, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Yeah Wisconsin is what would happen to Illinois if the Dems weren't obstructing Rauner's bullshit

And dont get me wrong. Large parts of the Illinois Dems are also garbage in their own special way.

Flimflam Man
Apr 18, 2007

My strategy is so simple an idiot could have devised it.

IcePhoenix posted:

Do the Lions really hate any teams in the division?

Themselves.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

iospace posted:

*I could be wrong and this only applies to the Interstates

Interstates are under the purview of the federal DOT. So states are free to implement tolling on state highways, but they couldn't throw any on the I-94 between Madison and Milwaukee (which would probably generate an obscene amount of money) without getting approval ... which would likely never happen because of the OMG TAXES ARE BAD lunatics running Washington at the moment.

Just to illustrate how much Walker has cost the state since taking office: If his budget ever gets approved by the Legislature, his overall tax reductions for the state would total $8 billion, with literally no offsetting revenue increases (which is why basically every state department is operating on shoestring budgets and relying upon LTEs).

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I'm up for this. Lambeau delenda est.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Anything Walker and cronies have done pales in comparison to the Illinois shitshow

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Psh, wake me up when they literally start poisoning children.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 53 minutes!

Timby posted:

Wisconsin literally can't get its budget out of the Joint Finance Committee because Scott Walker wants to borrow $850 million to cover the shortfall from his proposed tax cuts and meaningless spending increases to public education, and insists he'll veto any budget that has new taxes or fee hikes without offsetting tax cuts, and Assembly Republicans have grown a pair and said, "Wait, what the gently caress is wrong with you?" (Specifically, the Assembly wants to raise fees on large truck registrations, and wants to implement highway tolling.)

The budget was due by last Saturday, by the way.

Ugh I didn't know things had gotten that bad, I've been completely out of the loop on local politics thanks to the past half year.

Still angry about Walker cancelling that rail line years and years ago.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Friendly reminder that the CEO of WSOR (who would likely have to have the trains on their line) got in trouble for illegal donations in 2010.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the most bears thing in the world is that robbie gould did the seventh inning stretch at wrigley and ron coomer spent the whole time in the booth the next inning complaining that the bears cut him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Still angry about Walker cancelling that rail line years and years ago.

That was one of the most ridiculous things, because contracts had already been signed. Instead of them being honored, Walker and Kleefisch basically said "lol no" to the rail fleet manufacturers.

Timby fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jul 6, 2017

• Locked thread