Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Looks back on it I prolly should put more budget for lamp oil in that, unless I get really efficient lamps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm pretty out of the loop on Hamilton. I know it's about Alexander Hamilton, but what exactly is its cultural cache?

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Somebody get this guy the post-election article about why everybody at Vice or Buzzfeed or whatever was reading Hamilton.

Found it:

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2016/07/you-should-be-terrified-that-people-who-like-hamilton-run-our-country

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

The Nastier Nate posted:

the tony awards

https://twitter.com/nycguidovoice/status/742159063866347520

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Frijolero posted:

Middle class white people can listen to "hip hop" while receiving milquetoast liberal messaging about capitalism and meritocracy. The media loves it because media folks are boring urbanites who think Miranda invented Broadway hip-hop.

Thank you kindly. I learned something today.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e63e_RgvDvY

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm pretty out of the loop on Hamilton. I know it's about Alexander Hamilton, but what exactly is its cultural cache?

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/800443518284136448

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

is this what bad dems are raving about

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

comedyblissoption posted:

is this what bad dems are raving about

yep lol

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Only thing I remember about Hamilton:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45cvqnJW1UY

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thanks to Hamilton, 1776 is no longer the worst Founding Fathers-themed musical.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Rand alPaul posted:

Thanks to Hamilton, 1776 is no longer the worst Founding Fathers-themed musical.

What's the best?

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
The thing I remember the most about that incident is bad dem defenders in the bad dem thread defended it because the joke itself was scripted and thus the actor's reaction must have also been scripted.

:psyduck:

Thank god for toxx cleanse and them having to eat crow for months after the election itself.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

FuriousxGeorge posted:

What's the best?

Probably some rough draft sitting in Mel Brooks's office right now.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
It's the shittiest rapping possible, and I don't know how any self-respecting person can claim to have it stuck in their head.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

deadgoon posted:

there should be a permanent rift between liberals and the left

let the liberals go take over the republican party to make it respectable and let the left get on with actually caring about justice and equality

Do you know who else ran 3rd Party and won?

Thats right.

Emmanuel Macron

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Rand alPaul posted:

1776 owns just for having a song about the triangle trade and hypocritical liberals.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
my only memory of that movie is my 7th grade history class making GBS threads themselves when we saw mr. feeny

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

I don't understand this article. What is its argument?

If the ACA is repealed, Single Payer advocates suddenly have very strong ground to stand on for implementation. But, instead of saying "go ahead, we didn't like Obamacare anyway," almost all of them are rallying to throw as many wrenches into the process because they think the human cost is too great. It contrasts this with republicans, who even though they say the ACA is the biggest most shameful act of history, are willing to sabotage and destroy bills because they don't like them.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Probably Magic posted:

It's the shittiest rapping possible, and I don't know how any self-respecting person can claim to have it stuck in their head.

you're talking about a group of people whose appreciation for rap ends at the super bowl shuffle

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I kinda liked the brief window of reality that happened after the election. Reading D&D and watching people double down on the same poo poo has me meditating on the suk zone of my heart.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the lanyards have convinced themselves that the status quo is a good platform to campaign on and that they just need to fix the marketing

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Modus Pwnens posted:

1776 owns just for having a song about the triangle trade and hypocritical liberals.

There's a scene where Benjamin Franklin is in a deep sleep and they tell him they're going to New Brunswick for booze and whores and he immediately leaps up.

That historical accuracy :perfect:

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

the lanyards have convinced themselves that the status quo is a good platform to campaign on and that they just need to fix the marketing

Haven't the people noticed the big rebound in their retirement and investment portfolios?!? Things are fine.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
This needs more love.

UHD posted:

is penis washing an actual term or is someone trying really hard to be clever

Joementum posted:

an unsurprising question from a goon

:pusheen:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i didnt know that corporations invented racism

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

loquacius posted:

I'm going to ask a question that a whole lot of Clintonites have asked before, because apparently I don't know the answer either

what does "progressive" even loving mean anymore jesus

socially progressive

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

i want to die

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Kurtofan posted:

socially progressive

i.e. slave owner

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

punk rebel ecks posted:

Macron's worse than Hillary.

at least hillary represented the status quo, macron is going to destroy the french welfare state

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Kurtofan posted:

at least hillary represented the status quo, macron is going to destroy the french welfare state

are people at least turning against him?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

HOW POWER DAMAGES THE BRAIN

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

UHD posted:

aren't most award shows basically insider circlejerks anyway

The Oscars had to change their rules because they were tanking rating because it was too apparently an actor circle jerk

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nurse owns bad dems:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CHy2tLuEFE

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

It's a lot easier psychologically to ignore reality than it is to accept that your view of the world and the place you have in it is completely wrong. Particularly if you belong to a caste of society that will be well off regardless of who's in power and political affiliation is little more than a brand choice.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
I mean, Bernie was advocating for at least a public option if not full single payer for years even during Obama's first term when Dems were busy destroying any meaningful healthcare legislation and Hillary was off starting new wars with Obama. Hillfolk act like he just suddenly appeared in 2016 and wasn't harping on about making Obama care stronger for literally all of obama's terms. And what the gently caress is the deal with still trying to bash him when Hilldawg wont even show her face in this fight? If she was really loving bucking the system she'd ignore the DNC and stick her face outhere to say something besides "Russia stole my election." Like how are people still this invested in someone who doesn't even want to be seen.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

A democratic realignment leaves centrists in the political wilderness. Hillary is just the totem for digging your heels in.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

steinrokkan posted:

are people at least turning against him?

people are on vacation right now, nobody cares about politics

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

we were saying this about the GOP after 2012!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/882570037051240448

• Locked thread