Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
if you can't fit your nintendo switch in your pockets... you're wearing the wrong kind of pants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Evil Fluffy posted:

Alright Nintendo, you don't want to give us info about Stardew Valley that's fine, whatever.

Where's my goddamn Octopath Traveler info?

Don't worry she actually is a creepy uncanny valley mannequin because everyone is in stasis and mind controlling robot versions of themselves. Also despite being highly advanced enough to do something like this, they aren't advanced enough to trace signals from their robot bodies back to their actual bodies in a timely fashion, when that's something modern humans can do pretty goddamn easily even without using law enforcement technology like Stingrays.

XCX gets points for trying to do a lot of neat stuff (Skell combat could be cool if it wasn't so hilariously imbalanced and if combat didn't have layer upon layer of bullshit) but holy poo poo their story is bad even by anime-as-hell jRPG standards. It doesn't help that the faces for characters in the game are just unbelievably bad.

:perfect:

I could forgive a lot if XC2 involves a cameo of Riki and Tatsu and Riki is just shaming Tatsu endlessly for being such an awful character.

Humanity has actually been extinct for however long it took for the ship to escape earth, its not big enough to house the physical bodies, but instead uses a gigantic alien DNA databank.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

bloodysabbath posted:

I hesitate to call them SJWs because why let them hijack a good thing when they're just outrage bloggers, but lol if you don't think there's a very strange brand of very selectively prudish bullshit in the games press. Game creators changing poo poo because they're afraid Kotaku or Polygon or Vice or any of the other lovely blogs masquerading as actual games media might cry about it is a thing, and what's more, these sites actually pat themselves on the back for this poo poo. Point being, if Nintendo stripped the religious iconography from Castlevania today, half the loving mooks in the game blogs would be writing about how it's actually cool and good because it makes the game more inclusive to atheists and people who might be triggered by Christian symbols.

Keep posting, you're making yourself look cooler with every post

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

bloodysabbath posted:

lol my world is fine and my life is pretty great actually? That's probably why I can't imagine policing the content of bleep bloops or feeling awkward about cheesecake in same.

I'm also not mad and actually laughing

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Rexroom posted:

Oh no.

Not another debate about pants.

Technically the switch fits in my jeans pockets if I remove the joycons

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Fancy a bit of fisticuffs???

ARMS Tournament Thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3825922

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Policenaut posted:

Do you think the Xenoblade 2 kid could fit the Switch in his pants?

only if he could find one in stores

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Policenaut posted:

Do you think the Xenoblade 2 kid could fit the Switch in his pants?

I'm sure he has a variety of pouches and sacks attached to his back that we don't see.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

EVERY MORNING I OPEN PALM SLAM A SWITCH INTO MY JNCOS

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Pants pockets are perfect for the switch

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The vest closes up, the helmet's on a hinge at the back of the neck to flip over onto the collar so it locks in place like a diving helmet. The pants aren't even weird, they're just lightweight armor allowing freedom of movement. It's not exactly what you'd call street-wear, but it's clearly functional for a job of some kind :shrug:.

I hope we can replace his perfect aerodynamic pants & inner shorts combo with something else. I hope we at least see him use the helmet past maybe the intro point of the game.

Side note: It worth getting a power bank for the switch?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

The White Dragon posted:

if you can't fit your nintendo switch in your pockets... you're wearing the wrong kind of pants

Or you're female. Lady pockets suck or don't exist. Just bitching.

Golden Goat posted:

Side note: It worth getting a power bank for the switch?

Yes.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Any particular recommended power banks for the switch?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I will murder you in your sleep, they aren't shorts!

The gold piping and striped texture continues from the top down to the legs. That is a single piece of clothing. Call it a romper, call it a singlet, he's not wearing shorts.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I will murder you in your sleep, they aren't shorts!

You're right actually. They're connected to his vest shirt so it's like a singlet.

And his half-pants are connected to his boots and belt.

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jul 5, 2017

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Lobster posted:

Or you're female. Lady pockets suck or don't exist. Just bitching.

just get fat, man jeans are unisex above a certain bmi

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Takoluka posted:

Shantae should be in every game.

Well, that's one way to get a good Shantae game

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

bloodysabbath posted:

Game creators changing poo poo because they're afraid Kotaku or Polygon or Vice or any of the other lovely blogs masquerading as actual games media might cry about it is a thing

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol source your quotes.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Love that little two note whistle the switch makes when you go to someone's user page on the main menu: I want that on my phone

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

If the Xenoblade protag is breaking your brains, I'd be afraid to see this thread if they ever announced rereleases for the FFTA games.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Mega64 posted:

If the Xenoblade protag is breaking your brains, I'd be afraid to see this thread if they ever announced rereleases for the FFTA games.

Haha nice parody image that someone made as a joke :newlol:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

He's got a pizza in his bag it makes perfect sense

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

He's gotta have a giant pizza in there.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
Well he has a giant pizza cutter on his shoulder...

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

That's one of the worst character designs I've ever seen, what a loving mess.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Golden Goat posted:

Any particular recommended power banks for the switch?

I got the Anker Powercore 26800 for a 3 week overseas trip and it was great for the Switch, Vita, and an iPhone.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Man Inticreates is just s loving great developer. Their games are $10, their rates of output is incredible, and their post release support is top notch. Why can't there be more Inticreates? How do they put out such high quality games so fast?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

*stares at smouldering corpse of MN9* They make... sacrifices.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

They the crew that made GalGun?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Minecraft: Story Mode has shown up in the coming soon section for the EU eShop. Hopefully this means we'll be getting some other Telltale games on the Switch.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Frankston posted:

Minecraft: Story Mode has shown up in the coming soon section for the EU eShop. Hopefully this means we'll be getting some other Telltale games on the Switch.

eww

Valen
Oct 1, 2009

Frankston posted:

Legitimately curious how the games that chug and leak memory on a PS4 Pro will handle on the Switch.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I'm ready to play a game or two on my Nintendo Switch, feels perfect for games. But... games... when?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The Milkman posted:

Well, that's one way to get a good Shantae game

All Shantae games are good, and all games that Shantae is in are good. Even Runbow.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The original GBC game is not good

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I'm ready to play a game or two on my Nintendo Switch, feels perfect for games. But... games... when?

I’m playing a game on my Nintendo Switch right now.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Man Inticreates is just s loving great developer. Their games are $10, their rates of output is incredible, and their post release support is top notch. Why can't there be more Inticreates? How do they put out such high quality games so fast?

Gunvolt is so good that making MN9 just seems silly in retrospect. Why bother sinking all this money and effort into a sinkhole when they were already doing a great Mega Man homage, and without the aid of a Kickstarter?

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Sakurazuka posted:

The original GBC game is not good

I liked the original game well enough. Transformations were slow and hitboxes were pretty weird, and Castlevania 2 night time never needs to be a thing. Otherwise it was quirky, funny, super well animated for a GB game, not too long but still a good amount of things to collect, and a cool final boss.

The later games are much better, but as a GB game it's definitely one of my favorites the system had.

edit: to be clear, I last played through it this year before HGH, not trying to confuse with a game I have vague memories for

Ventana fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jul 5, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

DLC Inc posted:

Gunvolt is so good that making MN9 just seems silly in retrospect. Why bother sinking all this money and effort into a sinkhole when they were already doing a great Mega Man homage, and without the aid of a Kickstarter?

Because MN9 is Comcept's IP and they contracted IntiCreates. Inti didn't make it themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Will Stardew come out on the Switch before that guys app comes out that lets me play PC Stardew on my Switch?

• Locked thread