Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

And even the beatup was fake.

Fakeception.

TheBigAristotle posted:

Now this is the sort of surface-level pop culture reference I can get into.

Still waiting for the Senate to say "Don't come around here no more."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I thought I remembered that George III actually did have some trouble accepting that American independence was happening.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

David Rowe:

I guess CNN Logo Head Guy is now part of the political cartoon lexicon.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Johnny Walker posted:

I just can't help but see that Garrison as a bunch of people are really trying hard to stop Trump from destroying himself.

Trump is flying America into the goddamn sun.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Benny, you're slipping. Where is the shoe? Did you forgot the shoe? I'm starting to think it's not important to you. Clinton lost a shoe once. How can you ignore that? Maybe you were the swamp all along!
Compared to his usual overcrowded pictures, this one seems really boring.

I was going to say that industrialized cattle farming actually reduces green house gasses, since it is based on food which is slightly easier to digest than grass and because it allows to slaughter cows faster.
But I wanted to source that. But while I found studies who said exactly that, there were also some which claimed the exact opposite. Now I realize that I have no real clue about this.

Both seem kinda plausible. But I don't even know how you would make a scientific comparison there. Do you put both sets of cows into a giant tent and regularly suck out all the the excess gas?

Don't be silly, there's only one thing to do:

http://blogfiles.wfmu.org/KF/2006/07/head/17_-_Head_and_Leg_-_Put_The_Cow_Into_The_Machine.mp3

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Internet Webguy posted:

Yes, single payer means taxes pay for healthcare and not just taxes from schlubby white political cartoonists, contrary to the beliefs of schlubby white political cartoonists.

:psyduck:

Who does he think pays for health insurance right now? Does he think unicorns just poo poo out rainbows and healthcare to everyone?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Thanks, Obama.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

VitalSigns posted:

:psyduck:

Who does he think pays for health insurance right now? Does he think unicorns just poo poo out rainbows and healthcare to everyone?

People who are sick pay their own medical bills. If they're rich, they're fine, if they're poor, they die. Gorrell isn't rich, but he also isn't sick right this second, so its not his problem and so he shouldn't have to help in any way.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
You see if you take care of poor people instead of letting them die then their poor genes persist and holds our species back...

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Ularg posted:

You see if you take care of poor people instead of letting them die then their poor genes persist and holds our species back...
Ha ha ha well you know what they say!! Darwin awards! Play stupid games win stupid prizes! Darwinism at its finest! Remove from the gene pool! Poors are lazy.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

At KFC?

(I am Uncle Sam's glorious iconic moustache)

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Yeah. He'll probably handwave it as a reference to some oil tycoon who does have one, but for now let's all appreciate that Branco genuinely forgot Uncle Sam doesn't have a mustache.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Vib Rib posted:

Yeah. He'll probably handwave it as a reference to some oil tycoon who does have one, but for now let's all appreciate that Branco genuinely forgot Uncle Sam doesn't have a mustache.

Presumably he added it later to cover the obligatory snaggletooth.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
For once I like the punchline but I think it would have been ok as a two panel comic at most.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When I read Zelda I realize that Norwegian or Swedish can obviously can convey a lot more information with a lot less words.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I like Zelda because she's so incredibly unlikeable. Send help

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Turtlicious posted:

When I read Zelda I realize that Norwegian or Swedish can obviously can convey a lot more information with a lot less words.
Words are a questionable measuring standard for languages anyway.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
What's a shofag

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
Not much, what's a shofag with you?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Angepain posted:

What's a shofag
The SDA or Shop, Distributive and Allied Employees Association are colloquially known as the "shoppies" and have a reputation for selling out their members pay and conditions in return for fighting for bigger issues like stopping same-sex marriage.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Bit late to the party, but I only just realised that the eagle's leg joint is backwards-facing like an ankle on its left leg, but forwards-facing like a knee on its right leg. For all the obsessive detail he keeps pouring into these, Garrison is a pretty garbage artist.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Perestroika posted:

For all the obsessive detail he keeps pouring into these, Garrison is a pretty garbage artist.

Garbage artists like to put lots of small details into their works, hoping it will serve as a distraction.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Trump keeps pointing at campaign slogans instead of actually maneuvering the nation towards greatness, agc.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

With that expression it looks like Trump is sheepishly trying to hail a cab because he can't start his eagle.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ularg posted:

On the other hand, stupid people who don't contribute anything to society were cared for anyway, stopped from dying, and then went on to overwhelmingly vote for Trump. SO maybe there's some wisdom in the idea we should have let them die.

Turtlicious posted:

I can buy that the Norwegians do have a word for the kind of relationship Zelda is in.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Just look up the author on the internet and its pretty easy to find out.

"America gonna squeal like a piggy!"

Nice try, ted but trump rarely uses hashtags and you can't change the color of text on Twitter.

Queasy from what? Meeting with a black president? Obama only met with him three times and the third was when he was leaving office.

Not as relived to see Mad Whitey this time. Seems like we've been hearing from him too much lately.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Internet Webguy posted:

Nice try, ted but trump rarely uses hashtags and you can't change the color of text on Twitter.
If only medium like Twitter around in WW2 stop would make better joke stop please stop Ted Rall just stop

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

How could you possible write a history of the United States without making it about white europeans oppressing people of color? Does Horsey really believe that America wasn't settled before the white man arrived?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

"Out of many not so one" :pseudo:

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Alhazred posted:

How could you possible write a history of the United States without making it about white europeans oppressing people of color? Does Horsey really believe that America wasn't settled before the white man arrived?

Depends on the writer, hence the question.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

How old is Zelda supposed to be?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

I can buy that the Norwegians do have a word for the kind of relationship Zelda is in.

We use the same word for married and poison, so...

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

How old is Zelda supposed to be?

Mental age or physical age?

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Everyone's always trying to unload those drat tiny bibles.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Alhazred posted:

How could you possible write a history of the United States without making it about white europeans oppressing people of color?

American historians before ca. 1980 managed to do that very well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

If Frick was able to ascend from whatever Hell he went to (and if his last words to Carnegie are to believed he knew he was damned) he would be happy to know that a lot of people in this region hate unions and make fun of people in unions.

Also interesting is that Pittsburgh has probably had 4 times when people have brought up that it has remade itself from a rust belt city when it reality its mostly that a bunch of rich people cleaned up the city and brought tech jobs while kicking the poor out and leaving the rest in the surrounding region to die from opoids and lack of available jobs
https://jacobinmag.com/2017/06/pittsburgh-tech-new-economy-manufacturing-inequality

• Locked thread