Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Alhazred posted:

How could you possible write a history of the United States without making it about white europeans oppressing people of color? Does Horsey really believe that America wasn't settled before the white man arrived?

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifest_Destiny

Europeans have a track record of ignoring the fact that there were people in the places they settled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Well, someone had to post it

https://youtu.be/UTduy7Qkvk8

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
I'm a child.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Vib Rib posted:

Ha ha ha well you know what they say!! Darwin awards! Play stupid games win stupid prizes! Darwinism at its finest! Remove from the gene pool! Poors are lazy.

You left out the bit where you're supposed to lament that Idiocracy was real after all.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

duz posted:

You left out the bit where you're supposed to lament that Idiocracy was real after all.

Can I just skip forward to Planet of the Apes instead?

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
4chan is losing its collective poo poo over this supposed trump CNN meme guy and the RWM is running with it. I'll be interested to see what Goatfucker Garrison comes up with.

e:

That's the Horsey I know. Bomb rear end tittays.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Iron Crowned posted:

Can I just skip forward to Planet of the Apes instead?

Why should all of humanity be enslaved just because of USA idiocy? What did future generations ever do to you?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Farking Bastage posted:

4chan is losing its collective poo poo over this supposed trump CNN meme guy and the RWM is running with it. I'll be interested to see what Goatfucker Garrison comes up with.

How so? The fact that the guy who made it is very loose with the n-word? I don't think 4chan cares much about that...

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Crabtree posted:

Why should all of humanity be enslaved just because of USA idiocy? What did future generations ever do to you?

You make it sound like humanity isn't already enslaved.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

seiferguy posted:

How so? The fact that the guy who made it is very loose with the n-word? I don't think 4chan cares much about that...

Probably the fact that CNN discovered his identity and is reserving the right to publish it should he go back to his racist trolling ways.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Still loving every Gatis Sluka cartoon I see. It's an obvious metaphor, but very well-executed and I haven't seen a cartoon like it. The juxtaposition of the EU flag and the snail drives home that Brexit is an international issue, not just "those clowns in congress parliament are at it again, what a bunch of clowns" or some force of nature beyond human control like most cartoons just showing the EU flag. Plus the perspective and the snail's apathetic expression add a lot of visual interest to a very simple composition.

Psst Stiglich, Marvin the Martian had technology that actually worked. Technology that he used to kick Daffy Duck's rear end. Bugs Bunny was able to thwart him by exploiting his terrible opsec, which, uh, very much isn't a problem North Korea has to worry about.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

4chan is convinced based off its own belief that CNN is blackmailing a 15 year old into betraying Trump under threat of destroying his dreams of college and career by accusing him of being a nazi when he was just a humble memelord.

In reality, a middle aged man got caught ranting and raving about minorities and grand Jewish conspiracies, and curled into a ball whimpering begging for forgiveness the instant that it looked like his veil of anonymity was to be lifted.

CNN's great error was withholding his name in the first place, creating the perception that they're holding this over him; they should've just named him as part of their coverage of the story and how Trump gets his social media content.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

seiferguy posted:

They're all saying that CNN is blackmailing him, which would probably be the dumbest thing I've heard all week if this wasn't 2017.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

On my country doxxing a minor is a crime. Journalist hide the names of kids and that sort of thing.

Anyway, If you are making gifs about beating some person or group of people, that some consequences are going to in your direction is only fair. Is only the scale of it.

If the CNN wanted to be funny and proportionate, they should have sent the guy a group of gay firefighters to give him a note while they dance half naked. Not even mention it, only do it. If other news services want to report it, is fine.
The note should say "gently caress you, hanssolesolo".

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Wrong finger.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

USA could always change the election system to make it more friendly to a 3th party. 3th parties are by themselves loving useless, but they do insert some uncertainly in the system.
Maybe the USA system is too simple, so the dataminers can figure it out.

(image is not related)

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

StantisAllie would be less obnoxious if they had Carmen rather than the ostensibly liberal Winslow laying down the sick burns on Manchester

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

They're all saying that CNN is blackmailing him, which would probably be the dumbest thing I've heard all week if this wasn't 2017.

The way the story is written basically does give the impression they're blackmailing him. Probably not their intention, but that's how it comes across.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Trump is president BTW

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Tei posted:

USA could always change the election system to make it more friendly to a 3th party. 3th parties are by themselves loving useless, but they do insert some uncertainly in the system.
Maybe the USA system is too simple, so the dataminers can figure it out.

The cartoon isn't about the two party system, it's about how Trump's recent "electoral fraud commission" (the first 2) is likely to try and disenfranchise minority voters by lazily matching first and last names and pretending it's fraud (the second 2). The burning cross in the middle is racism.

Boy that last sentence sounds like parody.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
NB: a bill creating a 25th amendment panel has to go to the president for approval just like any other bill.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gazpacho posted:

NB: a bill creating a 25th amendment panel has to go to the president for approval just like any other bill.

I never really understood the idea that Trump tweeting something offensive for the 17,389th time was supposed to be the thing that created a veto-proof majority in favor of doing this

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Man, I don't know what's going on in Attack on Titan anymore.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

TGLT posted:

The cartoon isn't about the two party system, it's about how Trump's recent "electoral fraud commission" (the first 2) is likely to try and disenfranchise minority voters by lazily matching first and last names and pretending it's fraud (the second 2). The burning cross in the middle is racism.

Boy that last sentence sounds like parody.

No, it sounds like a Mr Fish cartoon. Though the cartoon is a little more succinct than an authentic Mr. Fish and tries to use some symbolism to supplement the wall of text. Speaking of which... here's another Mr. Fish I haven't seen yet, staying true to the 'would be more effective without the labels'

MutantBlue
Jun 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/thenib/status/881905383010254848

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

D.N. Nation posted:

Trump is president BTW

If I could summon the :effort: I'd replace the bunnies from the last few strips by skunks. The daughter character would be renamed to something like Iskunka. It'd make a lot more sense.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Cat Mattress posted:

If I could summon the :effort: I'd replace the bunnies from the last few strips by skunks. The daughter character would be renamed to something like Iskunka. It'd make a lot more sense.

But... but... then it would be about actual bad Republicans rather than invoking conspiracy theories about out-of-power Democrats, and we just can't have that!

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Cat Mattress posted:

That would make his audience uncomfortable.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
Sorry if I'm not the first one to post this idea, but does anyone else think that maybe Stantis just took a vacation a while ago and let Allie write the storyline while he was away?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I am so tempted to touch the poop and just tweet Stantis "FYI Trump is the President, not Chelsea Clinton and her parents."

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Ularg posted:

I am so tempted to touch the poop and just tweet Stantis "FYI Trump is the President, not Chelsea Clinton and her parents."

But then they'd have to throw away all those pre-prepared comics. What a waste!

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

D.N. Nation posted:

Trump is president BTW

They're trying almost as hard now to forget who the 45th president is, as they were the 43rd.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Maxine Waters is blackity black black BLACK. Yes, this is my entire argument. - AF Branco

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNRqJHzPA2c

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Tei posted:

On my country doxxing a minor is a crime. Journalist hide the names of kids and that sort of thing.

He's not a minor, he's 37, and also he made an image doxxing every employee of CNN that he believes is Jewish. So they're being way more charitable to him than he deserves.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Zemyla posted:

He's not a minor, he's 37, and also he made an image doxxing every employee of CNN that he believes is Jewish. So they're being way more charitable to him than he deserves.

you see those kinds of posts every so often (I've seen at least one on this website)

"I made a list of every single person at this huge media company whose face or name seems kinda Jewy to me. Look how many there are, there's gotta be like 100 of them! :wth: Still think Jews don't run the media? :smug:" (the company in question employs thousands and thousands of people)

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Guys I don't think Branco likes Maxine Waters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
I see they're already preemptively loathing the next Pelosi.

• Locked thread