Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Devlan Mud posted:

This discussion of Brobots lately has got me thinking of slapping Intensity on them to get Focus + Evade when you boost with IG88-C, that's either a lot of modifiers with a FCS, or boosting constantly with Advanced Sensors.

Sadly, Intensity is Small Ship Only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

ConfusedUs posted:

Sadly, Intensity is Small Ship Only.

Whoops. Shows how much I pay attention to this crap, after shooting myself down earlier with Selflessness being Rebel Only to keep Tomax Bren from being Imperial Biggs.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Something like this maybe

Captain Nym (Scum) (30)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Fire-Control System (2)
"Genius" (0)
Havoc (0)

Contracted Scout (25)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Intelligence Agent (1)
R4 Agromech (2)
Anti-Pursuit Lasers (2)

Contracted Scout (25)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Tactician (2)
R4 Agromech (2)
Black Market Slicer Tools (1)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

I really like that. However I am betting that there will be a new FAQ next week when the new wave comes out that is going to screw over jumps. If not I'll give it a try.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
What is a Brobot?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Scum Aggressor/IG-2000/IG88 ship. You can load two of them up fully in a 2 ship list, and they share pilot abilities with the title. They're robots but also bros. Brobots.

This is the classic build.

IG-88B (36)
Crack Shot (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Glitterstim (2)
Autothrusters (2)
IG-2000 (0)

IG-88C (36)
Crack Shot (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Glitterstim (2)
Autothrusters (2)
IG-2000 (0)

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Protectorate Star.: •Fenn Rau (32)
Autothrusters (2)
Concord Dawn Protector (1)
Attanni Mindlink (1)

Y-Wing: •Kavil (34)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Unhinged Astromech (1)

G-1A Starfighter: •Zuckuss (34)
•Mist Hunter (0)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Outlaw Tech (2)
Fire-Control System (2)
Tractor Beam (1)

Total: 100/100

I think someone has been running something similar to this in the thread. Outlaw Tech is for those turns when I have to do a red move and no one else can focus or something.

Is there a better crew or other options to throw in?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
That's pretty much the list I posted earlier, but I have Dengar on Zuckuss in place of FCS and Outlaw tech. I thought of Outlaw Tech at first too, but Dengar is so much more useful, and I rarely if ever have to take red maneuvers with Zuckuss.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

enigmahfc posted:

That's pretty much the list I posted earlier, but I have Dengar on Zuckuss in place of FCS and Outlaw tech. I thought of Outlaw Tech at first too, but Dengar is so much more useful, and I rarely if ever have to take red maneuvers with Zuckuss.

How do you feel about Intelligence Agent or Tactician? With as many dice as Zuckuss tosses, I feel like a TL would do better than 1-2 rerolls. Assuming they let me fire at that ship.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

You really never need more than one or two re rolls. Average roll on four dice is hit hit blank focus.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Intel Agent would be really no that useful I would think, And tactician kind of goes against the whole 'get in range 1 and throw 5 dice into a mother fucker' think I always did with Zuckuss.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I had to bench Zuckuss since way too many people still run stress poo poo in this area.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

banned from Starbucks posted:

I had to bench Zuckuss since way too many people still run stress poo poo in this area.

4-LOM with a Zuckuss copilot

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

canyoneer posted:

Scum Aggressor/IG-2000/IG88 ship. You can load two of them up fully in a 2 ship list, and they share pilot abilities with the title. They're robots but also bros. Brobots.

This is the classic build.

IG-88B (36)
Crack Shot (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Glitterstim (2)
Autothrusters (2)
IG-2000 (0)

IG-88C (36)
Crack Shot (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Glitterstim (2)
Autothrusters (2)
IG-2000 (0)

The mental image of a droid attempting to inject space drugs into his metallic arm and breaking the needle makes me giggle.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
I am looking forward to putting wookie commandos on the ghost:

Wookies in the Mist:
Lothal Rebel (50)
-Engine Upgrade
-Accuracy Corrector
-Autoblaster Turret
-Plasma Torpedoes
-Extra Munitions
-Wookiee Commandos

Lothal Rebel (50)
-Engine Upgrade
-Accuracy Corrector
-Autoblaster Turret
-Plasma Torpedoes
-Extra Munitions
-Wookiee Commandos

Total 100

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

:lol: that TIE aggressor dial. It's pretty much a TIE advanced dial without a 5 speed maneuver and with the 2 speed banks now green. That ship with native barrel roll is going to be the most obnoxious TLT carrier in the game.

Also, the PS3 generic wookie pilot is 26 points, with an EPT.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

That dial is objectively worse than the unhinged y-wing dial. As it should be.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

ConfusedUs posted:

That dial is objectively worse than the unhinged y-wing dial. As it should be.

With barrel roll I think I prefer the aggressor.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

What's the cheapest Imp ship you can slap a missile on? Might be some alpha strike jank with cruise missile, dormitz, and hyperwave comm scan.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

What's the cheapest Imp ship you can slap a missile on? Might be some alpha strike jank with cruise missile, dormitz, and hyperwave comm scan.

TIE Advanced Prototype
Self quoting here:

canyoneer posted:

Double post for this one.

A guy made top 4 with this list:
Major Stridan (32)
Collision Detector (0)
Systems Officer (2)
General Hux (5)
Hyperwave Comm Scanner (1)

Sienar Test Pilot (16)
Proton Rockets (3)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE/v1 (1)

Sienar Test Pilot (16)
Proton Rockets (3)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE/v1 (1)

Sienar Test Pilot (16)
Proton Rockets (3)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE/v1 (1)

It was gnarly. He was mulching Fenns all day. Really creative and well executed list. He'd just rip right in, with 3 TAPs focus/evade/sometimes target locked on turn 1. Get something in front of them at R1, they get fully modded prockets. It was a real treat to watch.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

You're probably gonna need Deadeye or LRS to get the target locks to stick for first turn cruise missile action.

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.
Cruise missiles seem crazy good. Up to 5 dice without spending target lock for 3 points? Time to break out N'dru.

I'm looking forward to the jousting mindgames of trying to bluff 4 straights to force slow rolls.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
>2 years from now in the Grim Future of "X-Wing 2.0: Bombs n' Missiles"<

:clint: You know, sonny, I remember back when X-Wing games used the maneuver templates and the dials. Heck, I can remember back when your firing arc might matter once or twice a game and people used their primary weapon!

:downs: Shhh the world championship is starting, let's see if the apprentice starfighter's homing proton drone squad can roll high enough to fly through the novice smuggler's rotating pulse-bomb field.

>2 handfuls of dice are rolled<

:downs: Wow, that was a great game, did you see the one guy roll fifteen hits and the other guy only roll nine evades? He's a great pilot. That was exciting! 6 more evades and we'd have seen a maneuver dial used!

:clint: gently caress this poo poo I'm getting drunk.

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.
Binayre Pirate (12)
XX-23 S-Thread Tracers (1)
Feedback Array (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Binayre Pirate (12) x5
Cruise Missiles (3)
Feedback Array (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Bugzapper swarm that can throw up to 25 fully modified dice on the first engagement before cleaning up the rest with feedback array. This wave is gonna be so much fun to play around with.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

JonathonSpectre posted:

>2 years from now in the Grim Future of "X-Wing 2.0: Bombs n' Missiles"<

:clint: You know, sonny, I remember back when X-Wing games used the maneuver templates and the dials. Heck, I can remember back when your firing arc might matter once or twice a game and people used their primary weapon!

:downs: Shhh the world championship is starting, let's see if the apprentice starfighter's homing proton drone squad can roll high enough to fly through the novice smuggler's rotating pulse-bomb field.

>2 handfuls of dice are rolled<

:downs: Wow, that was a great game, did you see the one guy roll fifteen hits and the other guy only roll nine evades? He's a great pilot. That was exciting! 6 more evades and we'd have seen a maneuver dial used!

:clint: gently caress this poo poo I'm getting drunk.

wow you seem like a real badass

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Could Cruise Missiles make A-wings decent? No longer having to be at range 1 plus having an extra EPT so Deadeye isn't all you have doesn't sound terrible. That's 21 points (23 with Autothrusters). Take PTL and Juke instead maybe? I don't think rebels have a ship that can use them effectively besides As.

Edit: ugh, gently caress Chardaan Refit sometimes. :(

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Tycho with them instead of Prockets could be fun.

Jake keeps prockets? I dunno?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Did you mean Jake or does your Awing have three EPTs?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Zigmoose posted:

Binayre Pirate (12)
XX-23 S-Thread Tracers (1)
Feedback Array (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Binayre Pirate (12) x5
Cruise Missiles (3)
Feedback Array (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Bugzapper swarm that can throw up to 25 fully modified dice on the first engagement before cleaning up the rest with feedback array. This wave is gonna be so much fun to play around with.

I know that nobody plays Epic but this sounds like a lovely squad to cripple an epic ship in one round of firing.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Some Numbers posted:

Did you mean Jake or does your Awing have three EPTs?

Instead of Deadeye. While nice, with a 2-3 range on the best dial in the game I wouldn't call it vital.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Too bad I can't stick Cruise Missiles on Nera Dantels. She'd be a beast with Deadeye.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Would a torpedo upgrade that gives a Missile slot (and one that does the opposite) be a problem?

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Would a torpedo upgrade that gives a Missile slot (and one that does the opposite) be a problem?

Probably, since that also allows for Extra Munitions to be equipped.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Admiral Joeslop posted:

It would open up Long Range Scanners to more ships!
It would also allow ships with bombs/missiles (or just a crew slot + missiles for Rebel Sabine/Scum Cad Bane) to equip extra munitions, because very few of them have torpedo and missile slots.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

When I say Torpedo/Missile upgrade, I mean it takes up the slot and you gain the other. How many missile/bomb or double missile ships are in the game without torpedo slots, one or two?

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

I wonder how well 4 of the Scurrg Pirates would hold up. Primary 3 weapons with a pretty mobile dial and 10 health per small base. Seems sturdy.

Competitive play has had me down for a bit, but this and the new Staeviper fixes sure are making this game appealing again.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
jfc a 5 dice range 3 attack. Was that really necessary Wizkids ffg

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

GeordanR's X-Wing Squad Builder has been updated to include Cruise Missiles.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I have a feeling X-Wing 2.0 won't be for a long time now - which stinks because there's a crapload of unused ships that further and further sink into irrelevance along with a bunch of unique but decidedly useless cards when compared to others.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Well they are trying to make a missile that someone might consider taking on a ship with a random missile slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

so the new TIE has a sick dial with barrel roll for TLT and the missiles are silly

that's 2017 X-Wing for ya

• Locked thread