Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

new phone who dis posted:

It also uses traveler's pledge and some of the same cube items and gems. It took me like 15 min to switch over.

All of my gear is gem'd with Caldesann's Despair. So I'm scared to move on. Give me a day or two to farm more despair enchants to gear. Gosh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Katamari Democracy posted:

All of my gear is gem'd with Caldesann's Despair. So I'm scared to move on. Give me a day or two to farm more despair enchants to gear. Gosh.

It shouldn't be too bad to get a new augment, farm low level grifts that you can finish in two to three minutes for as high as it gives 100% and just move incrementally up from there

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

PathAsc posted:

I can't fathom why there's not any passive essence regen on the Necro. What the poo poo.

I imagine it is because you can trivially gain resources out the rear end. By combining bone spike with devouring aura(so you can control how much you eat), Reaper wraps and maybe that passive that has a chance to spawn health globes on devouring, you get a ton of resources.'

...that wouldn't help you while leveling your first char during seasons of course. :shobon:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think it's probably some combination of "what else can we possibly do with a class resource that we haven't done already" with the Necro actually having three possible resources between Essence, Life, and Corpses. Having no passive regen means you kind of need to commit to a builder or develop some other means of acquiring Essence, which is what at least one set and several items + passives are built around. I don't know how I feel about it yet. As it stands I already think the Necro is the spammiest class in the game next to Wizard, but unlike wiz builds your killing speed grinds to an absolute halt when there are no corpses + essence to recover. I do like there being a whole bunch of resources that can theoretically be built around, however.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

veedubfreak posted:

I'm almost afraid they're going to nerf the inarius set before season. It's good, and by being good, it is ni the line of site for nerfs.

I mean, it's laughably, stupidly OP for how easy it is to gear

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

RecoomesSexyRear posted:

There is no controller support on PC, and Blizzard has said they won't be adding it. You can get 3rd party software to do it, but it won't play the same as the console version.

if you set it up right, the Steam Controller works very well for D3.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

MMAgCh posted:

I'm not sure how anyone could've realistically expected the necromancer to run around with the better part of two dozen minions at all times. There's no way that having God knows how many skeletons active at the same time wouldn't be a complete clusterfuck in a game that already gets pretty busy visually in combat, too much so at times. At least the WD's fetishes are comparatively tiny.

you do know that your pets are drat near invisible for other players now and visual clusterfucks of skeletons were all part of the Necro's charm in D2

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Inarius is good but it's nowhere near even Hammerdin, Manald Wiz, or Bellmonk, which have only gotten stronger for several patches in a row.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Malgrin posted:

There's an item that spawns a goblin who picks them up, gives rares and rarely a legendary.

if you use a puzzle ring for anything other than a vault run, you need to quit playing D3

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

exquisite tea posted:

Inarius is good but it's nowhere near even Hammerdin, Manald Wiz, or Bellmonk, which have only gotten stronger for several patches in a row.

while that is true, it's easily the best Necro set in terms of how easy it is to gear up and play. I wanted pestilence to be great but maybe i just suck at playing it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The playstyle of Pestilence is really solid and you can clear T13 with it no problem, it just needs to do more damage at the top end. According to Travis Day on the Necro livestream a couple days ago the 6pc is going to be reworked to also boost Corpse Lance damage and possibly all corpse-based skills along with Bonespear.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

exquisite tea posted:

The playstyle of Pestilence is really solid and you can clear T13 with it no problem, it just needs to do more damage at the top end. According to Travis Day on the Necro livestream a couple days ago the 6pc is going to be reworked to also boost Corpse Lance damage and possibly all corpse-based skills along with Bonespear.

At least Travis is doing something productive now, instead of being shackled to SC still.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+

exquisite tea posted:

Really? I was blitzing GR 80 about one week into the Necro release with Boneado Inarius.

Hammerdin must be crazy good

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Has there been an official word on whether there will be any Necro tweaks before season 11 starts? I haven't seen anything beyond folks calling this preseason gap a paid beta.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Samara posted:

Really? I was blitzing GR 80 about one week into the Necro release with Boneado Inarius.

2nd or 3rd most powerful build in the game right now

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Potential BFF posted:

Has there been an official word on whether there will be any Necro tweaks before season 11 starts? I haven't seen anything beyond folks calling this preseason gap a paid beta.

Yup, from last page

DrSeRRoD posted:

So Travis Day popped into the chat of Bluddshed's stream yesterday and I watched the VOD. A few notes I gathered from it:

-Inarius proccing gem damage is INTENDED, however the proc rate seems too high, so it will likely be adjusted.
-Pestilence set was meant to be the speedfarm set, and they're working on it so that it gets to that point. They are likely going to buff corpse lance, and have the 6pc affect it and possibly all of the corpse skills, because they didn't hit the mark on the 6pc. The intention is for someone to run devour as they blast through a rift and have tons of free lances flying around killing everything on the screen.
-Skeletons getting killed after getting hit 22-24 times is intended. It seems to be causing issues for high-end pushes so they'll likely remove it.
-They will discuss and consider moving Dayntee's to work with all curses (we asked for this poo poo in beta for months).
- Fueled By Death bug to be fixed.
-Stuart's Greaves (50% movement speed for 2 seconds after blood rush) seems to have undershot as the goal was not to have perma blood rush, but to give you enough of a boost of speed where you're moving very fast. They'll likely tweak them to be faster and/or for longer. Blood was trying to push to make it 100% as lack of speed seems to be a huge issue with the necro. They're meant to be speedfarm boots so you aren't forced to use Ingeom.
-Travis said they didn't want to nerf a lot of the necromancer skills and abilities after people bought the pack and upset them so they undershot on the tuning of some things so they can tune them to be better/stronger instead of the reverse. They were being cautious.
-The goal for the golems were more utility than damage, unlike the gargantuans.

E: Kryspin's being used by other classes will also be fixed.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I know you can reforge a legendary into becoming an ancient, but if you reforge an ancient, can it turn into a normal legendary? I assume yes, but I'm afraid to find out.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Gharbad the Weak posted:

I know you can reforge a legendary into becoming an ancient, but if you reforge an ancient, can it turn into a normal legendary? I assume yes, but I'm afraid to find out.

As Kadala says, "anything can happen."

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Reforge is essentially the same as finding the same legendary again.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Samara posted:

Weird that high paragon and gem levels would accelerate your character's power.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Carebearz posted:

while that is true, it's easily the best Necro set in terms of how easy it is to gear up and play. I wanted pestilence to be great but maybe i just suck at playing it.

It's no easier to gear for than any other build though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Assembling the final pieces for CE Inarius is actually kind of a pain because Wisdom of Kalan always rolls aspd and the Johnstone has a huge degree of variance to its legendary text, not to mention it's a rare tier amulet that can also roll like crap. Black Death scythe and Krysbie's also have a high degree of legendary variance. The build doesn't absolutely need all those pieces to come together but you will end up rolling a lot of dud items, unlike say Shadow DH which comes online almost immediately.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

I've been having the most trouble getting a tasker and theo, once I'm on a class that needs it I never see it, but on my seasonal DH I got like 3 guess I should have kept one.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

exquisite tea posted:

Assembling the final pieces for CE Inarius is actually kind of a pain because Wisdom of Kalan always rolls aspd and the Johnstone has a huge degree of variance to its legendary text, not to mention it's a rare tier amulet that can also roll like crap. Black Death scythe and Krysbie's also have a high degree of legendary variance. The build doesn't absolutely need all those pieces to come together but you will end up rolling a lot of dud items, unlike say Shadow DH which comes online almost immediately.

Oh well see, there's your problem. You're using corpse assplosion instead of lance.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
it is the beginning of act 2, I get ~900 HP back on hit out of 4500 health, i can have four zombie dogs, a gargantuan that gets huge when it sees a rare enemy or boss, an army of fetishes, and infinite piercing toads to throw out. i am indestructible and diablo is a whore

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Explosion and Lance both loving rule but Lance is the superior skill.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Ok, Inarius is awesome. But I can't for the life of me Kill rift guardians like I was doing before. Getting to them is a lot easier and it's hilarious having 500m toughness and 100m Recovery.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Katamari Democracy posted:

Ok, Inarius is awesome. But I can't for the life of me Kill rift guardians like I was doing before. Getting to them is a lot easier and it's hilarious having 500m toughness and 100m Recovery.

What's when you hit Land of The Dead and hold down Corpse Lance until the loot pops out.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
What is a 'speedfarm' set? Isn't the point of getting better gear to increase you farm/kill speed in all cases?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Speed farm is targeting a specific task & difficulty and doing it as efficiently as possible. Such builds usually don't scale very well.

mewse
May 2, 2006

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

What is a 'speedfarm' set? Isn't the point of getting better gear to increase you farm/kill speed in all cases?

There are items like in-geom that help speed clear T10/T13 but are a liability if you are trying to clear GRs. Similarly, there are items like goldwrap that make you indestructible but flat out don't work in GRs because gold doesn't drop in GRs.

Taken to the logical conclusion some classes have "cosmetic farming" sets that stack resource cost reduction / cooldown reduction so that you can run a game on normal and move as fast as possible, because drop rates on cosmetics like cosmic wings aren't dependent on difficulty.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Speedfarming means you aren't pushing for progression and can comfortably sit at a lower level and work your way through quickly and with minimal effort/button presses.

For a Jade Harvester set they will replace the slotted furnace with a wormwood to automatically afflict with the locusts rebuff. You're not trying to kill anything big so you don't need to worry as much about managing the debuffs.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
What's the best way to get crafting mats for working the cube and retooling legendary poo poo?

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

What's the best way to get crafting mats for working the cube and retooling legendary poo poo?

For the act-specific mats, you'll want to run bounties on as high a difficulty as you can comfortably and quickly pull off.

For death's breaths and forgotten souls (from salved legendaries), join a T13 group doing rifts and gobble them up from elite packs.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

There's a craftable set that incrases breath drops, usefull if you can slot that in and still kill stuff.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

According to the forums, consoles received a patch to fix some bugs, but not noted was a proc-coefficient change with Bonenado as people are reporting mirinae is now proccing much less than before (about 1/s vs 5-6/s). If this is not another "Onyxia Deep Breathes more often" then we may see the change on PC once they finally patch out the current exploit with DH/Necro, thought hopefully with some compensation later with the pre-season/post-open beta balance patch to kick off Season 11 (Probably between July 18th and 20th).

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

Terrorist is Prohibited!!!
What’s going to be a good solo season character for a dirty casual like me?

Ideally I’d like the cosmetic and stash rewards. I’m going to be starting a bit late too (August 1st, current on vacation).

I have decent paragon but never did a season before.

WW barb? Wiz?

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Neep posted:

What’s going to be a good solo season character for a dirty casual like me?

Ideally I’d like the cosmetic and stash rewards. I’m going to be starting a bit late too (August 1st, current on vacation).

I have decent paragon but never did a season before.

WW barb? Wiz?

Demon Hunter, Crusader, Monk

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Wizard is still probably the best class. You can easily complete the journey and GR 70 with sub-optimal stats, no ancients, no augments, and just the bare gem/paragon levels you gain on your way there. You're also starting with Tal'Rasha's this season, which is insanely good. All of the classes will get your journey done, even casually, but none will do it as fast or easy as the wizard IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Brain In A Jar posted:

For the act-specific mats, you'll want to run bounties on as high a difficulty as you can comfortably and quickly pull off.

For death's breaths and forgotten souls (from salved legendaries), join a T13 group doing rifts and gobble them up from elite packs.

I need the poo poo from yellow gear being dismantled.