Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Mr. Mambold posted:

It's humid as heck, I'll give you that. I may just get off my rear end and mow likewise, and maybe dynamat some car doors.

Aw hell, he's dynamatting the doors again.

Paul Zuvella posted:

In terms of fit, I'd probably rank the 3 dudes George-Butler-Hayward. However, Hayward was the easiest for them to get so here we are.

I hear the George argument but I don't agree that Butler would fit in as well. It's a great thing to have any of them though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Nick Young is also a top 5 worst assists x possessions guy amongst guards (1.8 per 100) so I'm not sure how that fits on GSW

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 5, 2017

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

dokmo posted:

Two seasons of 34% shooting versus a recent season of 40% shooting. Sounds like a good opportunity for a bet!

My proposal: if Nick Young shoots below 38% during the 17-18 regular season, I win the bet; if he shoots 38% or better I lose the bet; if he doesn't attempt more than 100 threes the bet is off (regular season only for all this). The bet winnings goes to charity, the winner of the bet gets to name the charity.

Who wants to take me up on a 100% chance to help a charity and a smaller chance to make me look foolish?

Done, :20bux: sound good?

:toxx:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He has people to pass too now

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

euphronius posted:

He has people to pass too now

or perhaps better players to not-pass to

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Cool Buff Man posted:

That's rich coming from you, you've side swiped me about 30 times in the last month even though I don't acknowledge it

I think you're perceiving hostility where there is none

EvanTH posted:

Nick Young is also a top 5 worst assists x possessions guy amongst guards (1.4 per 100) so I'm not sure how that fits on GSW

The Barbosa third pg who just shoots role is wide open. They recognize the need for guys who get their own shots and the value of presenting multiple looks. Livingston is an integral component, and he plays the hated Mark Jackson matchup basketball. They're like a borg, assimilating useful things into the collective.

The Steph supermax is going to ruin everything, though.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Butler also is decent off ball when he wants to be.

He actually played pretty well and efficiently, from my recollection of Bulls games, when he let Rondo or Wade(hopefully all 3 weren't on the court at the same time) just run point and he did anything other than stand in a spot and wait for the opportunity to ISO.

Just nobody respected Hoiberg at all.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

ewww
https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/882674491117060096

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

I think you're perceiving hostility where there is none

Perhaps, I have been known to do that, so it's a possibility and I'm not interested in engaging in tribal warfare with an old friend so let's forget it

EvanTH posted:

or perhaps better players to not-pass to

If they're smart they'll plan his time on the court around not passing at all. Give him the J.R. "Green Light" although any sort of car analogy for J.R. Smith is distasteful

Hahaha

Try to make Olynyk look as much like Hayward as possible

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

The Glumslinger posted:

Done, :20bux: sound good?

:toxx:

Done!

If anyone's on the fence about this, this is not like my Otto Porter bet where I calculated that I had a 80% chance of winning. I have not done any calculations, I figure the chance of Nick hitting 38%+ to be right around 50%, maybe a shade over. It's a good bet for you!

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

MourningView posted:

Dion and Swaggy are both much more fun in theory than they are in reality

Wrong !!!!! Is lie!!

dokmo posted:

Two seasons of 34% shooting versus a recent season of 40% shooting. Sounds like a good opportunity for a bet!

My proposal: if Nick Young shoots below 38% during the 17-18 regular season, I win the bet; if he shoots 38% or better I lose the bet; if he doesn't attempt more than 100 threes the bet is off (regular season only for all this). The bet winnings goes to charity, the winner of the bet gets to name the charity.

Who wants to take me up on a 100% chance to help a charity and a smaller chance to make me look foolish?

$25 I'm in.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Cool Buff Man posted:

I hear the George argument but I don't agree that Butler would fit in as well. It's a great thing to have any of them though

It's mostly because of Butler's Defense.

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
wowo congratualitons to the golden state warrios 2017/18 champs!! 2peat! 2 peat!!!!

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

It's mostly because of Butler's Defense.

Oh yeah he's definitely better there on all fronts but I was just talking about offense cuz it's better to tip the argument in your favor any way that you can

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/TrillestAC/status/882673047714615297

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dad Joke Lebron owns.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Just getting back to civilization and see the Thunder got Paul George. And dumped Oladipo and his dumb contract. And paid 0 draft picks. I certainly did not anticipate any of these things to ever happen. Cool.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

wandler20 posted:

Just getting back to civilization and see the Thunder got Paul George. And dumped Oladipo and his dumb contract. And paid 0 draft picks. I certainly did not anticipate any of these things to ever happen. Cool.

The Pacers left several better deals on the table, Boston or not, to do it in a hurry. It's a very strange development and Presti deserves an award

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

I think the Jazz can still be a solid team without Hayward and might surprise some people, but the conference thing is too much to overcome.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Nick Young is gonna have to play what, 5-10 significant minutes a game in the Finals? Everything else is gravy. He is a warm body to put on the floor and not blow a lead after the starters put them up 20-30 points in the first half of regular season games.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

dokmo posted:

Booked for $69

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Space Camp fuckup posted:

That Player's Tribune piece was garbage.

"Salt Lake City is an amazing place full of wonderful people and the Jazz helped mold me into the man I am today. Well, bye"

LOL. Hey guys sorry I'm leaving even though I also tried to when I was a restricted free agent. Byeeee

Can anyone explain to me why Hayward's free agency signing was considered messy? There was a few hour delay for a massive life decision on the 4th of July. The fact that he didn't wait a day is nice enough. If someone got too into waiting to find out on twitter, that's on them.

Tales of Woe posted:

I think the Jazz can still be a solid team without Hayward and might surprise some people, but the conference thing is too much to overcome.

They also replaced their starting point guard with a guy that can't finish at the rim or shoot 3s. They'd be a solid team in the East but I think they will be a lotto team that doesn't get that great of a pick and can randomly beat better teams when they sleep on the Jazz.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Spacebump posted:

LOL. Hey guys sorry I'm leaving even though I also tried to when I was a restricted free agent. Byeeee

Can anyone explain to me why Hayward's free agency signing was considered messy? There was a few hour delay for a massive life decision on the 4th of July. The fact that he didn't wait a day is nice enough. If someone got too into waiting to find out on twitter, that's on them.

They also replaced their starting point guard with a guy that can't finish at the rim or shoot 3s. They'd be a solid team in the East but I think they will be a lotto team that doesn't get that great of a pick and can randomly beat better teams when they sleep on the Jazz.

He decided were he was going but instead of owning it when it leaked he pretended he was undecided which was needlessly cruel

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I thought I remembered that Hayward wanted to sign a long term deal with the Jazz, but they balked and he had to find an offer in free agency back when he was a RFA.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Cool Buff Man posted:

The Pacers left several better deals on the table, Boston or not, to do it in a hurry. It's a very strange development and Presti deserves an award

It's not that strange if you consider that Kevin Pritchard is very bad at his job.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Boredumb posted:

Wrong !!!!! Is lie!!

$25 I'm in.

:cool:

Diddie posted:

Booked for $69

My brother.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Tae posted:

I thought I remembered that Hayward wanted to sign a long term deal with the Jazz, but they balked and he had to find an offer in free agency back when he was a RFA.

Yeah they told him to go find his worth or something and Charlotte signed him to an offer sheet iirc

Eltoasto posted:

It's not that strange if you consider that Kevin Pritchard is very bad at his job.

Well I had hoped maybe that wasn't the case but the news isn't very friendly to him. Do you think he will tank or try for one of the last few spots in the east

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Sweet! I'm ready for the Nick Young off the bench experience.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
It seems the Wizards will have a core of Wall/Beal/Porter for the next couple of years, which is not really that inspiring especially considering how terrible their frontcourt and bench is, looks like the Cavs/Celtics are the clear ECF favorites

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

CharlestheHammer posted:

He decided were he was going but instead of owning it when it leaked he pretended he was undecided which was needlessly cruel

who cares

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
"needlessly cruel" my man it's a guy who throws a ball around for millions of dollars

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Sports fans, weirdly enough

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

dokmo posted:

$50 who am I probably donating to this time?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I've never really watched Waiters play. Do I want the Knicks to sign him?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

RCarr posted:

No

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

RCarr posted:

well, do you hate the Knicks?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
He'd be an extremely Knicks player

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

RCarr posted:

Looks like someone is going on a vacation to Waiters island.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/882690134784831489

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Oh my god what are you doing Pritchard?????

Please Nets, please fall on this grenade!!

• Locked thread