Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Teek posted:

Looking great guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sYF1SXcWqQ

Hahah, not really. It looks like a TV show, filmed in Hawaii and set in Hawaii. Not really stretching the genre much there. Wonder if the pilot resembles what they planned for the movie in any way.

Yeah guys let's leave The Moon where we're alone and to an Earth where we'll be hunted....

This trailer doesn't exactly fill me with hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

kayakyakr posted:

Except he's actually post x-men. since he was dropped off with his adoptive parents by Professor X himself. I don't remember if Prof-x is confirmed as his father, but that's how it is in the comics.

Yeah, it was confirmed. David even did a bad impression of Patrick Stewart trying to imagine what he'd sound like.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Teek posted:

Looking great guys!

Hahah, not really. It looks like a TV show, filmed in Hawaii and set in Hawaii. Not really stretching the genre much there. Wonder if the pilot resembles what they planned for the movie in any way.

I was like "Well, this looks like it has real poo poo production values but it's TV and.." then I saw they filmed in IMAX for theaters and just started thinking "hahahahahha."

Oh well, I'll still check it out if only for Ramsey Bolton with powers

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Blazing Ownager posted:

I was like "Well, this looks like it has real poo poo production values but it's TV and.." then I saw they filmed in IMAX for theaters and just started thinking "hahahahahha."

Oh well, I'll still check it out if only for Ramsey Bolton with powers

He makes a good point though. Why live on the moon when you can have a thing like "going outside" and "not suffocating and burning to death".

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It looks fine to me, although nothing to yell. Although Lockjaw looks good. The lack of Medusa hair is disappointing but also not super surprising since I have no idea how you make that work. I assume they'll do something because she's gotta be an Inhuman but apparently it either isn't done or doesn't look good enough to put in the trailer. And there's no Crystal action either. Who knows if that stuff's unfinished or just lackluster?

I'm still in wait and see mode, but it strikes me as neither laughable nor exciting.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Teek posted:

Looking great guys!

The teleport effect looks kinda neat.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I'm glad that Black Bolt has the same power as Quake. Really stretching that CGI budget.

I don't blame Ramsey Bolton for wanting to escape his concrete moon prison either.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I never read a lot of Inhumans but I feel like the story was always "people feel bad for Maximus that he's locked up and start to listen to him... they immediately regret it and remember why he's 'Maximus the Mad'".

And sometimes Crystal was being given poo poo for not having a politically beneficial relationship while Quicksilver was drunk or something.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
edit: in a new evolution of butt-dialing, my phone has managed to butt-post while it was in my back pocket- nothing to see here

Militant Lesbian fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 30, 2017

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

HotCanadianChick posted:

edit: in a new evolution of butt-dialing, my phone has managed to butt-post while it was in my back pocket- nothing to see here

Content from the butt is how marvel makes new tv shows so you're on point

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

I'm still in wait and see mode, but it strikes me as neither laughable nor exciting.

The reviews are in! The STAC Goat raves, "Neither laughable nor exciting!"

" It looks like a TV show" says TEAC, and Captain Capslock boasts, "...really stretching that CGI budget..."

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Teek posted:

Looking great guys!

Anyone happen to notice the markings on the throne Ramsay Bolton was sitting on? It was only for a split second but I'd swear it was the same Kree engravings the first half of season 2 was about.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Anyone happen to notice the markings on the throne Ramsay Bolton was sitting on? It was only for a split second but I'd swear it was the same Kree engravings the first half of season 2 was about.

Good eye! It does look like the engravings from Coulton's manic art phase.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Green Tea Erotica posted:

Only if they bring back Wesley Snipes and say the original Blade trilogy was the true start of the MCU.
I still want them to just declare that the 1986 Howard the Duck movie was the actual start of the canon MCU. That would instantly get fans the Howard movie they've been asking for, like some kind of twisted monkey's-paw granted wish. Bonus, they can say George Lucas directed an MCU movie... back when that would have been largely considered a good thing.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

flosofl posted:

#itsallconnected

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Robot Hobo posted:

I still want them to just declare that the 1986 Howard the Duck movie was the actual start of the canon MCU. That would instantly get fans the Howard movie they've been asking for, like some kind of twisted monkey's-paw granted wish. Bonus, they can say George Lucas directed an MCU movie... back when that would have been largely considered a good thing.

Lucas produced Howard the Duck, but did not direct it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah Willard Huyck directed Howard the Duck and co-wrote it with his wife Gloria Katz. He'd previously co-written several films (usually with his wife, sometime also with George Lucas) including American Graffiti and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and had directed a few small movies but HtD killed his directing career.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah Willard Huyck directed Howard the Duck and co-wrote it with his wife Gloria Katz. He'd previously co-written several films (usually with his wife, sometime also with George Lucas) including American Graffiti and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and had directed a few small movies but HtD killed his directing career.

what's absolutely insane is that his name is a barely disguised "Mallard Duck." like., c'mon dude we know you're a bird directing human movies

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Someone made a joke about how the trailer looks like agents of shield.

In that case, bring it on, it sounds great!

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Mover posted:

what's absolutely insane is that his name is a barely disguised "Mallard Duck." like., c'mon dude we know you're a bird directing human movies

Why else do you think he directed Howard the Duck? Duh.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Proteus Jones posted:

It's Kree script, the Inhumans were made by the Kree. It'd be weirder if there wasn't Kree text around

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Maxwell Lord posted:

Oh, right, I forgot. Still, Lucas-produced counted for something in the days before... well, Howard the Duck.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Azhais posted:

It's Kree script, the Inhumans were made by the Kree. It'd be weirder if there wasn't Kree text around

You're not wrong, I'd just kinda figured that AoS would continue being the bastard step child of the MCU and go totally unacknowledged. So since that writing or whatever is being used here not only are they taking directly from AoS I'd think they would also have to address the fact that there are now Inhumas on earth because fish oil. Don't get me wrong I think this show is fantastic especially after a really rocky start but it does come with a lot of Inhuman related baggage. All that said I'm totally fine with all of this.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

You're not wrong, I'd just kinda figured that AoS would continue being the bastard step child of the MCU and go totally unacknowledged. So since that writing or whatever is being used here not only are they taking directly from AoS I'd think they would also have to address the fact that there are now Inhumas on earth because fish oil. Don't get me wrong I think this show is fantastic especially after a really rocky start but it does come with a lot of Inhuman related baggage. All that said I'm totally fine with all of this.

Inhumans and AoS are both by the same part of Marvel, so it's not that surprising. It just means the movies will probably barely acknowledge Inhumans the same way they do AoS.

I think the Kree writing is the same in the comics too.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I just started season 4 of Agents of shield. The first season was......rough. I powered through and around the half way point it's like they found there footing and the show took off. Since then I've been enjoying binge watching the show and avoiding spoilers
It's a good show. Really like fitz and Simmons. The inhuman angle was cool and i see a ghost rider now. Bad rear end

Season 5 confirmed?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I see no reason to think Inhumans will distance itself from Agents of Shield. Its in the same basic place Agent Carter was, but happening at the same time. I don't necessarily expect any crossovers but I think there's every reason to expect that there will at least be mention of SHIELD and the events of the show relating to Inhumans.

And I'm still working the theory that the entire motivation for the series is that they fled Earth after the whole Hive/Kree conflict centuries ago and they learn of Hive's return and the rise of Inhumans which prompts Maximus to raise a rebellion to return to Earth to rule/save their new "citizens."

I think it won't go much further than that. A backstory and premise in the pilot episode. But I expect some kind of connection like that.

And then maybe some season ending teaser where a recognizable SHIELD agent meets with the Inhuman royal family or something.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Medusa's hair shouldn't be that hard. It's supposed to look unearthly and weird. I'm fine with it behaving like wisps of smoke or just deliberately looking animated, I don't need to see every individual strand in high quality.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I just started season 4 of Agents of shield. The first season was......rough. I powered through and around the half way point it's like they found there footing and the show took off. Since then I've been enjoying binge watching the show and avoiding spoilers
It's a good show. Really like fitz and Simmons. The inhuman angle was cool and i see a ghost rider now. Bad rear end

Season 5 confirmed?
Yes it's been renewed for Season 5. And yeah, the first half of Season 1 was rough but the show gets a lot better. Season 4 was incredibly good. You're in for a very good time. :)

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Interesting bit on NPR yesterday about the accuracy of science in movies and TV shows. They talk with the physicist that was a consultant for Agent Carter. Starts at 26:33.
http://www.npr.org/podcasts/381443461/the-pulse

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Season 5 confirmed?

I know I'm one of the few but I still love the first half of Season 1 and just finished a re-watch of it since I am watching through all of it to get up to Season 4. It's just campy and fun and takes it time establishing all the characters. By the time the turn happens you feel as betrayed as the characters.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

I know I'm one of the few but I still love the first half of Season 1 and just finished a re-watch of it since I am watching through all of it to get up to Season 4. It's just campy and fun and takes it time establishing all the characters. By the time the turn happens you feel as betrayed as the characters.

I'm also in agreement here. Personally, I think the first season is best watched as a Netflix binge; a huge part of the problem in first run was the erratic scheduling of multi-week breaks, which made the buildup of characters and story elements feel like it took forever. I still feel a twinge of irritation for Captain America: The Winter Soldier after AoS's schedule was jerked around to accommodate it (even though I'm beyond pleased with how it all turned out).

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
Probably why I have a more favorable view of the first season because I didn't get to see it week to week and watched it on said Netflix binge.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I think I watched the first 7 or 8 episodes weekly, then kind of gave up on it. After Winter Solider came out, I heard that it got reflected in the show immediately and was curious (plus I'd heard that it had improved), so I caught up in a binge.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah, I got to watch AOS as a binge so I didn't really mind the 1st season. It's not like they were cagey about powers or anything. And it was nice to see some idea of day-to-day operations before THE BIG SEASON-WIDE THREAT made itself known.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I gave up at the Sif episode, otherwise known as "the one right before it gets awesome holy poo poo you gotta watch this show"

At least getting caught up from there to early S2 was a blast.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

There were some horrible episodes in Season 1 though like the ice dude at SHIELD U or whatever. That one particularly stands out in my memory. Also the Centipede stuff felt like it meandered a little bit.

I actually want to do a rewatch of S1 but it's on hold while I try to rewatch GoT before S7 starts. :v:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
The low-budget "enhanced humans" recruited by Kyle MacLachlan were the funniest poo poo ever.

Girl with razor blade nails for gently caress's sake.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

I appreciate that episode for making Angar the Screamer canon in the MCU.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

biracial bear for uncut posted:

The low-budget "enhanced humans" recruited by Kyle MacLachlan were the funniest poo poo ever.

Girl with razor blade nails for gently caress's sake.

Excuse me, please call her by her villain name, Dime Store Wolverine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
More like Dime Bag Wolverine.

• Locked thread