Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Arr! Arrrrr! Hehe... What? It's fun to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Gustav posted:

Super edgy opinion: Blackheart isn't actually very cool, he's just a generic ghost pirate dude. I don't get why everyone is all gaga over him.

I'm givin' ya 10 seconds to get the hell out of this thread

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Semper Fudge posted:

Blizzard's true talent as a video game developer has always been finding voice actors that give their lovely underwritten characters a ton of life and personality.

Obligatory.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Hearthstone has ruined pirates for me forever and I hate them now. I'd like something fresh... like a janitor themed brawl maybe.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Kai Tave posted:

He's one of the characters in the game whose VA gives him an entertaining personality. See all the discussion about how most of the announcers you can buy are actually pretty boring aside from a few exceptions like Gazlowe.

He is an oasis in the desert of character

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Blackheart pays out the gold, then collects the gold he paid out. Sounds like slavery with extra steps.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

He's making investments to get you started. The profit is from the mercs you pillage

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

No Wave posted:

Hearthstone has ruined pirates for me forever and I hate them now. I'd like something fresh... like a janitor themed brawl maybe.

This is why you don't play Hearthstone and instead play a good card game like Gwent. :eng101:

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Alpha Mayo posted:

Blackheart pays out the gold, then collects the gold he paid out. Sounds like slavery with extra steps.

He's a job creator.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Like there are other decent map announcers, they aren't all terrible, but man Dragon Shire lady is completely forgettable in every way. I couldn't even quote any of her lines off the top of my head if you paid me.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Alpha Mayo posted:

:capitalism:

Kai Tave posted:

Like there are other decent map announcers, they aren't all terrible, but man Dragon Shire lady is completely forgettable in every way. I couldn't even quote any of her lines off the top of my head if you paid me.
Same. The dragon should be the announcer bc I LIVE AGAIN

T. Bombastus fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 6, 2017

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Kai Tave posted:

She has a pretty nice "Haha, glorious!" when you kill a red team hero sometimes but that's about it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

wellp now I need to listen to this whole thing through again

garrosh hellscream for hots when

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

GenericOverusedName posted:

She has a pretty nice "Haha, glorious!" when you kill a red team hero sometimes but that's about it.

Excited kill lines is what all the announcers need. KABLAMO

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Gustav posted:

Super edgy opinion: Blackheart isn't actually very cool, he's just a generic ghost pirate dude. I don't get why everyone is all gaga over him.

I'm just curious why are you always so negative about everything?

Edit: Garden of Terror lady is my favourite voice over. She gets so into it during the night phase.

Spudd fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jul 6, 2017

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Spudd posted:

I'm just curious why are you always so negative about everything?

Edit: Garden of Terror lady is my favourite voice over. She gets so into it during the night phase.

Agreed, even some of her calmer lines are pretty good. "You really should unleash your Terror. It's a LOT of fun."

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Excited kill lines is what all the announcers need. KABLAMO
I thought that one was going to get away, but nooooooooo.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
No love for the ultra bored and disinterested desert announcer ?

"Go and do, whatever it is you do"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

He loving sucks

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

He loving sucks

You should try dodging

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

He loving sucks

Sky Temple Announcer is actually great, though the best one is the Raven Lord.

Talent? That seems... generous. :smug:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

SirSamVimes posted:

That's why I want an Alarak one, because it would be so smug.

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?
I played a game last night against the biggest idiots. They thought they were the BLUE team, but clearly they were on the red team and I was on the blue team. Morons.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Airspace posted:

I dunno, a map where you push around boats which then shoots structures as they pass might work.

Emphasis on might.

If you're not aware, that's very similar to Blackheart's Revenge, a Brawl map.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8gVqn98gN4

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Gravekeeper is also good, especially on Towers when the tunnels open and he acts as if he knew all along that he could do that.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Onean posted:

If you're not aware, that's very similar to Blackheart's Revenge, a Brawl map.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8gVqn98gN4

The best part about that map was reconnecting after getting afk kicked only to have your core try and kill you.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

Gravekeeper is also good, especially on Towers when the tunnels open and he acts as if he knew all along that he could do that.

Both of them are better on that map. They should do more maps like that. I guess they did with the diablo ones but eh

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Blackheart versus Queen Nightshade. Make it happen, Blizzard.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Both of them are better on that map. They should do more maps like that. I guess they did with the diablo ones but eh
The problem is both are just generic, serious angel/devil guys. Announcers seem to work best when they're super hammy.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Pants Donkey posted:

The problem is both are just generic, serious angel/devil guys. Announcers seem to work best when they're super hammy.

I dunno, the demon guy on the Diablo maps gets pretty hammy at times. "Punisher! Freeze the angel's forces...aaand SHATTER THEM!"

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

:yeah: Raven Lord has some fun smug lines on his own map, but Gravekeeper is utterly generic on his own, it wasn't until they pitted the two against each other that there was anything fun/notable coming from the formerly homeless announcer.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

https://youtu.be/5JrUQOWBrxc?t=233

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

the best thing about the d.va announcer

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Does Valeera have any weakness other than CC? It seems like if you're not positioning like an idiot or getting stunned/blinded she's virtually unkillable.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

PantsBandit posted:

Does Valeera have any weakness other than CC? It seems like if you're not positioning like an idiot or getting stunned/blinded she's virtually unkillable.

Her burst got nerfed to oblivion. So it is impossible for her to kill you with one combo. If you aren't overextended and close to full health, then you can just walk away from her and live.

Just don't keep overextending in lane after she combos you and runs away.

Or just look for the obvious stealth shimmer and hit her.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

If you're playing a character with projectiles like guldan or jaina watch where she stealths and fire at where she was going. Killed a fleeing valeera the other day that way.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Also if you're playing safe she's probably just going to not join the team fight. It tends to pay off but I know I shouldn't be skulking for picks as much as I do.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Valeera is the textbook example of a bad character that will never be allowed to be good, because they punish very common mistakes that most people don't think of as mistakes. Punishing mistakes is "not fun."

That's why they had to make Living Bomb's normal function require a level 13 and 20 talent despite not being especially strong.

90% of people see an open lane and think the correct move is to run up to the enemy towers and auto attack until all 5 of the enemy team comes over to gank. Then when you respawn, you go back to the same spot and do the same thing. But the rest of the team is dragging you down because you got a keep!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Valeera is still plenty good at blowing mages up or putting a death sentence on someone.

In qm I like the sinister strike talents. It's more vulnerable to getting zoned out but has the damage while not being dependant on ambush so you can still cc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Valeera isn't a stealther, she's a melee assassin who gets to choose between stun, silence and damage every 8s, and also happens to be able to scout or escape fights.