Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Made the mistake of pulling right after I got my 50th mythril.

Dupe Javelin/11

Man this game needs a one time only reset button on a pull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
4/11 - Cloud USB, Zack CSB, Barret pentabreak SSB, Sephiroth BSB.

Since I already have Clouds BSB2 and Zack's imperil wind BSB, I think this means I can melt things.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Armitage posted:

Made the mistake of pulling right after I got my 50th mythril.

Dupe Javelin/11

Man this game needs a one time only reset button on a pull.

Or maybe just a permanent undo button where you lose everything you pulled but get half your mythril back (only works for 50 myth purchases).

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Attestant posted:

I'm not sure how applicable it is for you, but here's what I did, roughly:

1) At the very start of the match, Luneth and Refia were strictly trying to stay alive, by using their drain attacks. No real DPS before I had everything set up.
2) Arc was applying Protectga, Shellga via Renewing Rains, and then just healing duty, nothing else.
3) Ramza opened with Shout -> Chant -> then cycling Full Break and Breakdown, until I need a second Chant to survive.
4) Actual key to my strat was Zidane, who went BSB -> BSB -> BSB starting from turn 1, to apply three stacks of Imperil Wind, the following that with the BSB commands and Mug Bloodlust being cycled.
5) As soon as I saw that Imperil 3, both Luneth and Refia start to queue up Cloud USB in quick succession. Refia just went Cloud USB -> BSB -> BSB -> BSB -> command spam, while Luneth went Cloud USB -> BSB -> Swordshower -> Swordshower -> Sky High -> Sky High.

Basically the whole thing hinged on the Imperil, and getting Luneth to do insane damage before the 40% mark. Refia was there just for the ride, doing some additional damage. At the very end I also had to stop all actions that weren't Sky High's, because of the counter Curajas were effectively negating all damage that wasn't from Luneth.

Thanks for the explanation. I have Fang's wind imperil BSB and I can try a similar strat.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

pichupal posted:

Cloud USB is Auto Crit (+50% damage) and PHY +30%, so it will do x1.95 more damage on top of whatever you do normally. Stacking with other multipliers like En-Elements is what makes removing the damage cap so powerful.

It's more that I currently have absolutely nothing else for Cloud so I'd be limited to whatever I can hone, and no Imperil Wind besides Zidane's burst. Which is maybe enough?

I dunno, I'll probably draw on it once because I have no self-control anyway.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Went with your advice because I had more FFXII characters due to the Reks event than any other game. Pulled Reks' Diamond Shield as my 5 star relic.

I have no idea if it's good or not, but a party-wide heal seems decent!

Also do I have access to both his bursts now or do I have to choose one? Is this something I can learn forever or do I need to keep the shield equipped?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Prism posted:

It's more that I currently have absolutely nothing else for Cloud so I'd be limited to whatever I can hone, and no Imperil Wind besides Zidane's burst. Which is maybe enough?

Yeah, that's why people say it's better as a RW. On its own, it's only "great", not "meta-defining", unless you have like five other pieces of a puzzle. (Cloud BSB2, Ramza SSB2 or Zack CSB, an imperil you can spam...)

It's basically the final piece to absurd power, but it's still only a piece. Even that piece alone can do some solid work if allowed, though, especially as a RW. Even Vaan BSB's commands were doing 15-20k on Jenova with nothing more than Shout and Mug Bloodlust.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Gave Cloud USB meta a whirl. I won't use this all the time but it's fun to play with. You need some other tools(many of which I have) and MAN is this thing potent when it's working. Glad I pulled for Vaan's stuff and got his USB. Cause with Shout and VoF running, plus his USB and BSB up, and RWing cloud's USB, my Thief's Revenge was doing 65k! His BSB did 100. Once I get him fully legend dove maybe he'll come close to equaling that out of FT and XII.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Did a pull on FF7.

At least it's not a gun arm.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Finally got him! Not only did the full three-person CM but also got mastery.

Luneth (SSB)
Cid Raines (BSB)
OK (BSB)
Alphinaud (BSB)
Arc (Both SSB's)

A stray Flare took out Cid a couple of turns before the end, but otherwise that run went pretty well. He was weirdly Megaflare happy this time, so surprised this was the winning run. Luneth didn't even run out of Sky High juice (and got to watch the victory from the clouds as a result).

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

ceaselessfuture posted:

Went with your advice because I had more FFXII characters due to the Reks event than any other game. Pulled Reks' Diamond Shield as my 5 star relic.

I have no idea if it's good or not, but a party-wide heal seems decent!

Also do I have access to both his bursts now or do I have to choose one? Is this something I can learn forever or do I need to keep the shield equipped?

Ah, so you went 1/11? That's too bad, but a party-wide heal is good. Look into making the combat skill "lifesiphon" when you can, as that generates SB gauge quickly. It's nice to be able to put that on your healer and have him use the heal SB pretty often if needed.

And yes, you have access to both his default burst and his SSB now (although you probably won't ever want to use a default SB once you pull a relic one). You need to keep the shield equipped until you learn the SB permanently- that can take a while with normal dungeons, so make sure to take Reks through the Experience daily dungeons on Sunday and Tuesday to learn it faster.

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.

HPanda posted:

Finally got him! Not only did the full three-person CM but also got mastery.

Luneth (SSB)
Cid Raines (BSB)
OK (BSB)
Alphinaud (BSB)
Arc (Both SSB's)

A stray Flare took out Cid a couple of turns before the end, but otherwise that run went pretty well. He was weirdly Megaflare happy this time, so surprised this was the winning run. Luneth didn't even run out of Sky High juice (and got to watch the victory from the clouds as a result).
Would you mind posting your setup and strategy? I'm haven't had much luck with other party setups but I do have everything you have. This fight is pretty frustrating!

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Finished Torment 300 (& CM) with the following crew:

Ramza - Magic/Armor Breakdown - Shout/Chant
Luneth - Tornado Strike/Dark Bargain - SSB/BSB (RM to significantly increase wind damage)
Arc - Curaja/Ultra Cure - Renewing Rain/Word of Kindness
Onion Knight - Protectga/Power Breakdown - Onion Slice
Faris - Mind Breakdown/Full Break - Serpent's Gale (Wind Imperil SSB)

RW: Cloud USB

Started out with Shout and mitigation abilities while Luneth tossed out negligible damage. After Full Break on Faris I started stacking Imperil Wind with her SSB. At one stack I used Chant and I hit Cloud's USB on Onion Knight and started spamming Onion Slice with him. Once 2 stacks were up I hit Cloud USB on Luneth then followed with his bsb > Cmd 2 > SSB

Onion Knight was doing around 6k with Onion Slice but Luneth hit for over 40k per hit with his SSB. I still had a soul break charge left on him when Bahamut died.

Faris did get one-shot by a stray flare at around 40-50%, but the rest was pretty smooth.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Daraken posted:

Would you mind posting your setup and strategy? I'm haven't had much luck with other party setups but I do have everything you have. This fight is pretty frustrating!

Sure. I've got the soul breaks listed above, so abilities were:
Luneth Death Throes R1/Sky High R1
Cid Raines Faith R3/Meltdown R2
Onion Knight Full Break R2/Mental Breakdown R3
Alphinaud Protectga R2/Tiamat R3
Arc Curaja R4/Maduin R5 (don't bring Maduin. I was trying something and it was not effective)

Starting strategy was to use OK BSB, Protectga, Renewing Rains, and Faith on Alph first turn. Luneth attacks as filler. Next, Arc heals whoever was attacked, Cid casts faith on himself, OK full breaks, Alph casts his BSB. After that, Arc heals only as needed, Alph starts in on his wind attacks, OK Mental breakdowns, and Cid uses his BSB.

From there, follow the pattern of OK refreshing full break and mental breakdown before refreshing Vessel whenever it falls off, but otherwise using swiftspell. Cid uses his BSB, followed by command 2 and then spam command 1 until it falls off, then repeat. Alphinaud just keeps on keeping on with command 1, refreshing BSBas necessary. Arc heals when needed.

Luneth's job in the early fight is to attack and apply Wall when needed. To make sure the two wall casts lasted long enough, I would wait to apply the first one until after Bahamut Megaflared away that first Renewing Rains MBlink. This happened earlier than usual in my winning fight, but still only had to eat one real wall-less attack. With better timing, might have avoided that.

At about the 50% point, the strategy shifts. Just before he enters his countering phase, re-up on full break and mental breakdown, even if applied recently. Have Luneth use Death Throes and Cid use CMD 2. It's fine to miss some of these before the countering phase, but since they don't damage as much as other skills, it ends up just healing him a bit.

Once the countering starts, switch to using only big attacks. Luneth uses his whole gauge on sword showers and goes into Sky High after running out of charges. Cid re-ups faith if needed and sticks to using Meltdown and any charges of soul gauge left. OK Re-ups Vessel and really nothing else unless you're managing to hit over 9000 with it. Alphinaud keeps on keeping on. Once he's out of BSB, switch to Tiamat. Arc continues to heal as needed. I do recommend saving one Renewing Rains for near the end, though. If wall falls off, that's pretty much the last line of defense.

At one point, I was experimenting with using Death Throes as a timer for wall, but the risk of losing Luneth's end DPS was too annoying (same with Cid). If you get the timing down, though, there is some switching around that could happen with giving Arc Faith, and Cid something like Memento Mori just to squeeze out more damage.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Got you, ya bastard.
Been playing from the start, finally Cloud has some loving relics. Special swords for all my spiky-haired animemen. And a couple of javelins and a gun for Moperatu.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

McDragon posted:

Got you, ya bastard.
Been playing from the start, finally Cloud has some loving relics. Special swords for all my spiky-haired animemen. And a couple of javelins and a gun for Moperatu.

Nice! USB, BSB2, and Zack's wind CSB! That's a sweet combo

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

McDragon posted:

Got you, ya bastard.

You won the banner.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

McDragon posted:

Got you, ya bastard.

I will trade you my Vincent shotgun and my two gun-arms for any one of those four relics. Nice pull.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Thanks again! I'm currently working on getting my stamina up and memory crystals unlocked for my FFXII team. Anything else you recommend for newbies?

I've been trying to maximize my stamina in between stamina shard gains from realm dungeons and I want to know good areas to focus on when I'm not doing a story mission.

Edit - what does difficulty refer to? I have a team of 30-50 leveled guys and got smashed with a 99 difficulty boss (the Turks), but I've been completely smashing things at 40-50 difficulty

ceaselessfuture fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jul 6, 2017

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

ceaselessfuture posted:

Edit - what does difficulty refer to? I have a team of 30-50 leveled guys and got smashed with a 99 difficulty boss (the Turks), but I've been completely smashing things at 40-50 difficulty

Technically the difficulty is the level of the boss, but in practice it's just a very, very, very vague generalization of the difficulty level of the fight relative to other fights. It's definitely not linear -- d180 is more than twice as hard as d90, for example.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Okay, tried it out a bit. Ultra Cross Slash is obscene and has reinvigorated my waning enthusiasm for the game.

:yayclod: just went from spare prick at the wedding to king poo poo of gently caress mountain and he is not coming down any time soon.

Thanks for the congrats, been a while since I blew the doors off on a banner and I forgot how nice it was.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Zurai posted:

Technically the difficulty is the level of the boss, but in practice it's just a very, very, very vague generalization of the difficulty level of the fight relative to other fights. It's definitely not linear -- d180 is more than twice as hard as d90, for example.

it's not a super hard or fast metric, but my own personal perspective is as long as you've got a decent stockpile of 5* equipment that's been topped off, you can basically auto battle through anything but bosses up to 90 difficulty. above 90, you need to pay attention but generally there's no trash waves unless you're doing realm or torment dungeons, so it's all about abilities/soul breaks versus bosses. above 180, you need leveled characters, honed abilities, and good soul breaks. beyond 240 or so battles take like 10 minutes plus to complete so I generally don't do them and someone else will have to weigh in but suffice to say you need a plan, a man, a canal, and some luck.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Upcoming Mythril budgeting if you're drained of Mythril. Keep in mind we should be getting a DU soon (either next week or the week after).

FFXIV: Banner 1 is famously bad because of Y'shtola's extremely lackluster USB. Garlond's stuff isn't incredibly exciting unless you need an Imperil Earth, and there are better sources of that in the future. Still, it's the last reliable source of Wall for a while, and Minfilia's USB is pretty decent (ATK/MAG/RES+30% and Hastega). It's almost immediately usurped by Rikku's USB though, but at least it stacks with everything.

Banner 2 is chock full of Fire, and if you like Yda/Papalymo this is your one stop shop. Thancred's BSB2 also debuts, but while it's decent, it's pretty much inferior to Squall's (which recurs soon) and doesn't have an Enelement. Poison is a stable element, but that's it.

FFX: Banner 1 has Rikku's fantastic USB to headline it (ATK/MAG+30%, Protect/Shell/Haste). Lulu's USB is decent (although if you're hunting for Ice, wait til Squall/Rinoa 2), and Rikku's Imperil Water returns. Most of the rest of the banner isn't really noteworthy unless you're really hurting for synergy.

Banner 2 debuts Auron (ATK/DEF/RES break, Sentinel, Magic Blink) and Wakka (Random Imperil Water + Hyper Break)'s USBs. You also have Braska's decent BSB2, Auron's BSB2 which won't really be good til the new Samurai abilities are released down the road, and the recurrence of Tidus BSB. A fairly decent banner actually if you're hurting for synergybut nothing that's really gamechanging other than maybe Auron's USB, which is a nice package of effects.

Type-0: Ace's USB is the only really noteworthy thing here. Deuce's SSB is an arguable upgrade to Arc's Renewing Rains, and Nine's SSB is a physically slanted version of Strago's SSB, but that's about it. At least you'll definitely have no dupes going in.

FFVIII: Squall's BSB2 returns, which is a pretty big prize in and of itself. Squall/Seifer USBs debut, neither of which are that exciting. You also have recurrence of Quistis BSB, as well as Quistis/Selphie SSBs if you're hurting for a native Hastega/Medica.

Banner 2 is the Ice/Wind banner. On the Ice side, you have Rinoa's CSB, BSB2, and Edea's BSB. On the Wind side, Fujin's OSB, BSB, and SSB/LMR. Raijin's SSB is a +Lightning armour and a great support tool. The only real dud here is Edea's SSB, but they can't all be perfect.

FFVII: Banner 1's big prizes are Red XIII's USB (Minfilia's USB, swap MAG for DEF, and add Astra) and Shelke's support-style BSB. Noteworthy recurrences are Sephiroth's BSB2 and Cid's Shout clone. Shelke's worth considering hunting for since her Legend Dive is really solid.

Banner 2 sees the return of Zack's CSB, Cloud's BSB2 and Tifa's USB. Unfortunately, Rufus' SSB also returns. Barret's BSB debuts, but it's not really anything fancy.

FFIV: Banner 1 is pretty stacked. Edge and Rosa's USBs are both gamechangers here. You also see the return of Edge's SSB2 and Edward's SSB, both of which have some pretty good use. The rest of the relics aren't that special, but it's honestly a pretty nice banner.

Banner 2 isn't anything that special. Kain's BSB/OSB combo returns, as does Ceodore's BSB, but that's about it. Rosa's solid SSB is here, but you're better off aiming for her USB unless you really like Kain/Ceodore.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

it's not a super hard or fast metric, but my own personal perspective is as long as you've got a decent stockpile of 5* equipment that's been topped off, you can basically auto battle through anything but bosses up to 90 difficulty. above 90, you need to pay attention but generally there's no trash waves unless you're doing realm or torment dungeons, so it's all about abilities/soul breaks versus bosses. above 180, you need leveled characters, honed abilities, and good soul breaks. beyond 240 or so battles take like 10 minutes plus to complete so I generally don't do them and someone else will have to weigh in but suffice to say you need a plan, a man, a canal, and some luck.
I put in all these qualifications and generalizations because there's always one doofus who's like "well with my team of all level 1 heroes with a full 15 slots of synergized 8* equipment and fully honed 6* abilities I killed the christian form of God so really anyone could do it"

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jul 6, 2017

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.

HPanda posted:

Sure. I've got the soul breaks listed above, so abilities were:
Luneth Death Throes R1/Sky High R1
Cid Raines Faith R3/Meltdown R2
Onion Knight Full Break R2/Mental Breakdown R3
Alphinaud Protectga R2/Tiamat R3
Arc Curaja R4/Maduin R5 (don't bring Maduin. I was trying something and it was not effective)
Just want to say thanks for this! Had some bad luck with Bahamut spamming Curaja at the last minute, leading to wall falling off and losing two of my guys to the next Megaflare, but I CM cleared it at least. Just have to try again later for that mastery.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Now I don't know if I want to pull for Rikku's USB or not. The rest of that banner does not look so hot.

IV Banner 1 looks great, and I'm definitely socking away some mythril for the V banner so I can hopefully get some Bartz relics, and aside from that I'll probably just throw pulls at lucky draws to tide me over.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Type-0: Ace's USB is the only really noteworthy thing here. Deuce's SSB is an arguable upgrade to Arc's Renewing Rains, and Nine's SSB is a physically slanted version of Strago's SSB, but that's about it. At least you'll definitely have no dupes going in.

All of Deuce's relics have their place - her USB is an instant AoE curaise + bubble, which may not be quite as good for MP as Yuna's USB, but is better than trying to pack revival spells. Her BSB has the now-standard ATK/MAG buff in case you need a place to put that, plus it's on a healer burst with the equally standard Instant Curaja/Medica commands.

We probably won't be getting the Legends 2 banner (making those characters the first ones we skip pernamently because of Collab Reasons) but if by some freak of chance we actually get it, Morrow and Aemo's USBs are pretty solid (ATK/DEF breakdown and an EX Mode that gives Quickcast Support on the former, an instant curaga medica + HP Stock and Astra on the latter) but even if we did get it, it's just an "okay" banner with synergy that never matters for anything.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jul 6, 2017

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I finally got to throw RW Cloud USB against a challenge to see the hype for myself combined with Leon's BSB. So after buffing...CMD 1 hit for ~50K damage and then a recast put down Apocalypse Cloud for ~170K.

:stare:

I imagine this would be even sillier with imperils, but in my case I deemed it better to include Barret. Still, I can see that the hype was totally justified. Now I just need to get around to combining it with a Torment setup (and for that matter getting over my timidity and finishing a Torment dungeon).

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Now I don't know if I want to pull for Rikku's USB or not. The rest of that banner does not look so hot.

IT IS I, DEFENDER OF BAD BANNERS (Specifically X Banners)

Let's talk about some of the trap options and how they're not that bad:

-Auron SSB is a pretty standard ATK/DEF Breakdown that might come in handy if you need another break in X
-Jecht's Jorts SSB is a lovely shout +50% ATK but no haste, which I could see using in a CM. You have better options available now (Cid Shout) if you actually need the +50% ATK effect.
-Rikku LMR basically synergizes with her BSB (which has machinist commands), otherwise it's not as great (but machinist abilities are getting good now!)
-Paine BSB is a Water/Earth/Wind AOE entry that also packs a Dispel. There are better options out there but if you're hurting for elemental coverage at all this can cover several. She's also got pretty good skill access (Spellblade/Knight/Combat 5) if you don't already have the King and Queen of Spellblade/Knight/Combat (Orlandeau and Agrias)

Also, Lulu with her USB (and legend dive becoming unlocked) has the potential to be the best of the ice mages. Access to a doublecast LM in a relatively uncommon element is pretty big.

I both love X, and need more synergy in the realm, and ice (the only two banners I'm set on pulling on for a while are this and the Rinoa/Edea/Fujin banner). It's not as much of a tire fire as the previous X banners, but you shouldn't get scared off.

Cinnamon Bear fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jul 6, 2017

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

IT IS I, DEFENDER OF BAD BANNERS (Specifically X Banners)

Let's talk about some of the trap options and how they're not that bad:

-Auron SSB is a pretty standard ATK/DEF Breakdown that might come in handy if you need another break in X
-Jecht's Jorts SSB is a lovely shout +50% ATK but no haste, which I could see using in a CM. You have better options available now (Cid Shout) if you actually need the +50% ATK effect.
-Rikku LMR basically synergizes with her BSB (which has machinist commands), otherwise it's not as great (but machinist abilities are getting good now!)
-Paine BSB is a Water/Earth/Wind AOE entry that also packs a Dispel. There are better options out there but if you're hurting for elemental coverage at all this can cover several. She's also got pretty good skill access (Spellblade/Knight/Combat 5) if you don't already have the King and Queen of Spellblade/Knight/Combat (Orlandeau and Agrias)

Also, Lulu with her USB (and legend dive becoming unlocked) has the potential to be the best of the ice mages. Access to a doublecast LM in a relatively uncommon element is pretty big.

I both love X, and need more synergy in the realm, and ice (the only two banners I'm set on pulling on for a while are this and the Rinoa/Edea/Fujin banner). It's not as much of a tire fire as the previous X banners, but you shouldn't get scared off.

I am 100% rolling the dice for a single item on that banner.

No ragerts.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Jesus christ this Daedalus fight is terrible.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I need those delicious Wisdom motes, so I'm not looking forward to the MP. I've been putting it off.

Also secretly hoping I can get Lulu ready for that fight by drawing any of her relics. Daedalus is up until the 18th, yeah?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Jesus christ this Daedalus fight is terrible.

i appreciated that he was vulnerable to an element that actually exists, unlike tyrant.

but then i've managed to get my hands on a ridiculous array of paladin bursts so of course i'd say that. i'm sure there's someone with five ice bursts out there saying the opposite. probably. maybe.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I got to Orlandeau OSB and 4-hit Guardbringer Daedalus. It was a very enjoyable fight.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Seriously what the gently caress, why do they keep designing bosses like this for MP that just chain absurdly damaging AoE attacks together. Goes from a fully healed party with Wall and debuffs up to everyone dead through last stand because he hastes and does a quadruple AoE attack out of nowhere.

And somehow even though I've been playing for like a year I have zero resist petrify accessories. They really need to add some of those to the greens exchange or something, it's ridiculous how I have like 10 goddamn major resist for some debuffs and 0-1 for others.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Help me figure out my Dark Team, thread. I've got BSBs for Marach, Exdeath, and Shadow, plus Jecht's 5-hit +%50 Str SSB. Assuming the first two slots are taken up by VoF Onion Knight and a Eiko with Prayer of the Lost, should I focus on the physical/crit boost with the Shadow/Exdeath/Jecht or do I go Shadow/Exdeath/Marach to take advantage of his Mag/Res debuff? Or does it just depend on the boss? Phys team tore Cloud up, but he had no spells to bother me with.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Dang it Cloud, stop being so rude. My Dark team keeps failing mastery because it's too slow, my other teams have trouble slotting in dark.

Also enough with the t1 Braver already. :argh:

(edit) wait I got it now

Attestant fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jul 6, 2017

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
That Cloud USB RW is crazy. Just used it against Cloud with Orlandeau BSB and Sephiroth BSB2 (plus Shout). Popped it as soon as they had their gauges ready, and the fight was over within 2 rounds. Dude had at least 75% health left before the storm.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Cloud event mastered (barely) XII event Mastered, Omega Drive Nightmare finally mastered (barely). All that's left is the Torment dungeon.

I was able to hone Omega drive once, which is nice, I have 8 uses of full charge, but that takes too long to fire off so I think I'll prefer Omega drive on Cloud now..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Boy, Cloud's a real jerk. I was using Edge RW and a Dark team. Seifer did a whole lot of work, but without wall it was tough to stay on top of heals. I feel like I need to either run two healers, or RW wall instead. Or try to go faster by using Cloud RW with Leon or somebody.

Actually Seifer has been consistently impressing me lately, almost to the point I want to record dive him for his "you're going to have to kill me three times before it sticks" bonus. His USB is suddenly looking a lot better also since with his BSB and the Lionheart RM he had a completely full SB gauge almost every turn. He can dip to low health every turn without fear of death and then land a hefty attack that heals him right back up.

Ugh, I wish I had more mythril to pull on both the Seifer and Rinoa banners. I need ice more but I like Seifer's gimmick.

• Locked thread