Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

You only have to listen to teenagers scream the n word in the plane every match forever to access those sweet tears

That's why I keep the game muted until my parachute deploys :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.
the best parts of voice chat are humming the jaws theme when you have someone cornered and yelling "I'm gonna gnaw your knees off!!!" whenever you're knocked down.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I can't stomach the playstyle of perpetual hiding. It is incredibly boring. I'm gonna drop school and I'm gonna kill a few fighting my way out or die trying. Usually what happens afterwards is that the blue catches up to me and I get sniped in the back. I pretty much loathe the part of the game where you just desperately outrun the blue only to die tired soon after.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

Boosted my dick size by 2 in. Thanks.

oh poo poo you're back, someone was just talking about how there needs to be a practice mode about 3 pages ago. shocked it took you this long to show up

Carebearz fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 5, 2017

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Broose posted:

I can't stomach the playstyle of perpetual hiding. It is incredibly boring. I'm gonna drop school and I'm gonna kill a few fighting my way out or die trying. Usually what happens afterwards is that the blue catches up to me and I get sniped in the back. I pretty much loathe the part of the game where you just desperately outrun the blue only to die tired soon after.

Plan ahead. I'm not trying to be rude, but you have a long time between dropping and that first circle if you are outside of it. Say to yourself,

"I am way outside a circle, I did not spot a car while parachuting in town. I need to leave town at 2 min on the timer and run down this road that I know spawns cars along"

If that means you loot for 2 minutes and all you are running out with is a shotgun and a pistol, that's all you have. find that car and find a new place to loot.

If you only have a shotty, crash a complex in the circle and either hope you can shotgun a guy and take his stuff, or it's unlooted and you can loot that.

If you have an AR and a 4x but are low on bullets, park on the edge and wait for people on foot from heavy concentrated areas and shoot them in the blue.

Learn to disengage from stalemates in order to not get hosed by the circle. Don't fight with a guy for 2 minutes if it means you both are going to be 2k from the circle with 0 left on the timer.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I needed to read your post TheFonz. Thank you friend.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

also land in pochinki until there is no more blood to spill no more bodies to pile up

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

also land in pochinki until there is no more blood to spill no more bodies to pile up

I love pochinki but after I get looted up I get bored and don't wanna go house to house to get ambushed. I try to run to the gunfire and get kills that way but eventually that's a bust. What are good ambush points on the outskirts of that town?

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
lol just lol if you dont play on the AS server

Captain Gordon fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 5, 2017

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Tomie knows me posted:

the best parts of voice chat are humming the jaws theme when you have someone cornered and yelling "I'm gonna gnaw your knees off!!!" whenever you're knocked down.

people get really upset if you start hysterically begging for your life once they've downed you

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?
I won the first game I ever played.

I don't think I should play anymore.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Gooses and Geeses posted:

thingsthatneverhappened.txt

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?

Viva Miriya posted:

thingsthatneverhappened.txt

I'm as surprised as you are. Never had that ridiculous luck before.

It was, however, a two kill win. Shameful, I know.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I'm as surprised as you are. Never had that ridiculous luck before.

It was, however, a two kill win. Shameful, I know.

Fair enough I guess.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
My friend got a no-kill win his first or second game.

I've heard a lot of people saying that the loot tables are all hosed up, but only now did I have a match where this seemed to be the case. Could not find any primaries for so long, and only 9mm. When I finally did get geared, all 5 of the people I killed had pretty strange and lower tier loot, too. I managed to mash together a decent loadout from the Frankenstein of 5 loot crates though.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Overbite posted:

I was shot in the helmet with a crossbow and this happened

I took the helmet off and the bolt remained. There needs to be a "remove bolt" button. Make it take off a little health or something.

Counterpoint: this is always funny, and makes a great badge of shame for people headshot with crossbows

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDSug5adfws

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.

I won the second match I ever played. Similar level of disbelief.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

succ posted:

really love never getting x4 so the midgame is a complete poo poo show.

reddit seems to agree that they reduced them this patch

Everything better than 2X should be crates only imo

HppyCmpr
May 8, 2011

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

no, if you really think about it. twitch is super weird

I know this was a page or two ago but I pretty much look at Twitch in a similar way that I view buskers; my city is quite prevalent for them.

They're just an alternate form of entertainment and some of them end up being quite popular; not all of them will appeal to everybody.

Good on them for being able to make a living out of it though.

Dyz posted:

One problem with Lipovka, Zharki, and Severny is they are all close to much better loot spots. Meanwhile Stalber and Gatka continue to poo poo up their sides of the map with terrible loot.

Umm Zharki, Severny, Stalber, and Gatka are both great got loot and for cars in solo. For some reason no one goes to any of those four and I can normally safely drop in and get fully looted. You just need to know where a range of car spawns are; comes with experience. There's at least five car spawns around the observatory for example.

HppyCmpr fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jul 6, 2017

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

After about eight games, I have a grand total of one kill and a best standing of #16. I am the greatest :downs:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Ok there's definitely a bug where players will be invisible when they parachute down. Several times now I've had people just appear out of nowhere on the same roof as me when I'd been scanning all directions the whole way down and seeing no one.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Rex-Goliath posted:

Ok there's definitely a bug where players will be invisible when they parachute down. Several times now I've had people just appear out of nowhere on the same roof as me when I'd been scanning all directions the whole way down and seeing no one.

they could be directly above you, in which case you can't see them even if you pan around

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Rex-Goliath posted:

Or they jumped late and went gliding in a full minute after you?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
this game is 10x more fun if you play it aggressively

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I like to get into a fight early to get the blood up

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

WirelessPillow posted:

Or they jumped late and went gliding in a full minute after you?

No they're on the roof at the same time I am.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I'm incredibly annoyed that the game has to load in completely or something at the end of every match. There has to be a better way.

Viva Miriya posted:

I love pochinki but after I get looted up I get bored and don't wanna go house to house to get ambushed. I try to run to the gunfire and get kills that way but eventually that's a bust. What are good ambush points on the outskirts of that town?

The fields are always nice for some reverse whac-a-mole, or there's hills. Hills are nice.

I do die a lot.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

My friend got a no-kill win his first or second game.

I've heard a lot of people saying that the loot tables are all hosed up, but only now did I have a match where this seemed to be the case. Could not find any primaries for so long, and only 9mm. When I finally did get geared, all 5 of the people I killed had pretty strange and lower tier loot, too. I managed to mash together a decent loadout from the Frankenstein of 5 loot crates though.

I've played 280 hours so far and have not noticed any loot changes this week since the patch. Reddit is a huge circlejerk of people complaining because they keep getting shot by people with scopes, which obviously means the scope drop rate is hosed. That's not a paradox at all I guess in reddit land.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Is there bullet travel time and drop in this game?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Is the dropped crate a physics prop? I got killed by someone ramming the other side of it with a buggy.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Just died because the terrain didn't load in for me and I was running around a blurry warehouse. Also had deaths earlier today because my parachute freaked out and teleported me 200 feet away in front of a guy with a gun and another one where my buggy did 40 flips after a 2 foot drop and exploded. Starting to notice a pattern here but can't quite put my finger on it.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Yeah

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Is the dropped crate a physics prop? I got killed by someone ramming the other side of it with a buggy.

Yes, it is. You can even carry it away with a car or flip it using a grenade.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Big time.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

abigserve posted:

Well that's a learning experience. I knew I should've waited in the bush longer.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

How do I eyeball when those things come into play?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

abigserve posted:

Sadly it won't kill you if it lands on you. It just bounces off harmlessly. :(

HppyCmpr
May 8, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Do you mean the crate dropping?

It gets kicked out by the plane that flies over a few minutes after you jump out. Multiple planes go across the map during the course of the game dropping anywhere from 1 - 3 crates; I'm sure someone here will give you the exact timings.

The plane seems to normally drop across the current circle.

You can get scopes, level 3 vests and/or helmets as well as high tier snipers such as the AWW or the M24. It also drops the Grosa and the M249 machine gun.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

One square on the minimap is 100m, zero your scope as close as you can. Otherwise just shoot 'em and see where your bullets are landing and adjust.

HppyCmpr
May 8, 2011

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

One square on the minimap is 100m, zero your scope as close as you can. Otherwise just shoot 'em and see where your bullets are landing and adjust.

This is good advice and I'm dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Ah thanks

• Locked thread