Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

if you're a person of interest they have always been able to nail you.

How do you know a person is a person of interest if they're not connecting from home and not signing into something tied to their real identity?

For the typical "pissed off dissident sending dox to rapey australians" scenario Tor touts, it's still pretty secure.

It's also useful as a day to day browser if you want to shove all the stuff you don't sign into onto Tor so you're not constantly monitored by marketers. (Or if you register for some sites via Tor [exploding brain] )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

maskenfreiheit posted:

How do you know a person is a person of interest if they're not connecting from home and not signing into something tied to their real identity?

For the typical "pissed off dissident sending dox to rapey australians" scenario Tor touts, it's still pretty secure.

It's also useful as a day to day browser if you want to shove all the stuff you don't sign into onto Tor so you're not constantly monitored by marketers. (Or if you register for some sites via Tor [exploding brain] )

:pedo:

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

maskenfreiheit posted:

or instead you can just use ublock origin & noscript like a sane person

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Is tor still slow as dog poo poo? Because the last time I fiddled with it, speeds were so bad only unabombers and pedos would bother with that nonsense once they completed their drug purchases.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

oh poo poo someone is actually using the dark theme?

Tap here to fill entire screen

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
I use the dark them, it's much more comfortable to use than the oled theme.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

im both of the back arrows

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Dodoman posted:

I use the dark them, it's much more comfortable to use than the oled theme.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

thinkin about thos peens

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

maskenfreiheit posted:

like im not the only one here who is 100% sure this posters a pedophile right? you guys are picking up on this poo poo too?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i have my old razr m just sitting in a box and i wanted to update it to whatever the latest android it could handle and use it solely as a mp3 player and i guess you can't root it without a $500 dongle. whats even the point anymore

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Dodoman posted:

i went to the stylish site to find an updated theme for google news and wtf happened to stylish it's impossible to sort things on the site anymore, who designed this garbage?

did you style away the search bar?

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden

Last Chance posted:

im both of the back arrows

They do different things

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

zokie posted:

They do different things

lmao

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

it looks like poo poo but one is a page back arrow, the other the system-wide back arrow which would go back through the app. it makes sense when you use it

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

LastInLine posted:

like im not the only one here who is 100% sure this posters a pedophile right? you guys are picking up on this poo poo too?

whoever smelt it delt it

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Blue Train posted:

it looks like poo poo but one is a page back arrow, the other the system-wide back arrow which would go back through the app. it makes sense when you use it

except when it doesn't

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/5/15921340/perfect-smartphone-innovation-stagnation

quote:

What I love about smartphones — and I think this is a passion that most of us share but are unaware of — is that constant jumping around between devices and priorities. It’s because we are never allowed to have everything in one single device that we treasure and appreciate it when any phone comes close. But the truth is that what we enjoy is the chase, and we wouldn’t really know what to do if we ever achieved the goal of perfection.

memoirs of a broken man

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

android user has a sick obsession with switching phones all the time, I'm shocked

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

kinda sad when everyone else has jumped ship from the verge for something else (topolsky has gone on to crater multiple jobs so far) but vlad savov keeps punching that clock and reviewing android phones.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Scott Forstall posted:

kinda sad when everyone else has jumped ship from the verge for something else (topolsky has gone on to crater multiple jobs so far) but vlad savov keeps punching that clock and reviewing android phones.
vlads writing is some kind of long-con performance art thing

it has to be

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
was the verge the site that originally launched with some overly pretentious name ona different domain as a preview/hype building thing, and then picked their current name

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

fishmech posted:

was the verge the site that originally launched with some overly pretentious name ona different domain as a preview/hype building thing, and then picked their current name

yeah it started as thisismynext dot com

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

seriously that article suggests some sort of profound neurosis on his part. imagine drinking the neoliberal technocratic kool aid so hard that you believe you actually enjoy the prospect of buying a new and slightly improved expensive gizmo every year forever

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

I have no retirement savings and I don't know the names of any of my neighbors but did you see the Nexus 27 will let you seamlessly take augmented reality airborne selfies from the surveillance DroneNet whirring above our heads

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

a soylent scented tear rolled down his cheek. he had won the war against himself. he loved standing up and shouting McDonald's

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Linguica posted:

a soylent scented tear rolled down his cheek. he had won the war against himself. he loved standing up and shouting McDonald's

worthy of the ad thread

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Linguica posted:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Linguica posted:

amazing

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Linguica posted:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
honestly if there was a magical soy drink that I could drink 3x a day and not be a fat gently caress i'd seriously consider

soylent is not that drink

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Linguica posted:

lol

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Shaggar posted:

the EU penalizing US companies for being better than EU companies is so transparent. they know we cant retaliate in kind cause there are no good European companies.

I am 100% ok with our government suing Siemens in the ground over frivolous bullshit

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

I am 100% ok with our government suing Siemens in the ground over frivolous bullshit

how about Volkswagen for massive loving fraud?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Linguica posted:

seriously that article suggests some sort of profound neurosis on his part. imagine drinking the neoliberal technocratic kool aid so hard that you believe you actually enjoy the prospect of buying a new and slightly improved expensive gizmo every year forever

Linguica posted:

I have no retirement savings and I don't know the names of any of my neighbors but did you see the Nexus 27 will let you seamlessly take augmented reality airborne selfies from the surveillance DroneNet whirring above our heads

Linguica posted:

:wow:

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

The Management posted:

how about Volkswagen for massive loving fraud?

god yes, along with pretty much every other manufacturer while they are at it

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

maskenfreiheit posted:

honestly if there was a magical soy drink that I could drink 3x a day and not be a fat gently caress i'd seriously consider

soylent is not that drink

https://abbottnutrition.com/ensure-original-therapeutic-nutrition

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

god yes, along with pretty much every other manufacturer while they are at it

agreed

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

i like that they mention it's for oral use only or i would have butt chugged that bad boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

somebody's going to buy soylent for their name and mailing list full of extremely gullible failsons

• Locked thread