Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

Sounds like a steak dinner!

Edit:

GUYS THIS HOUSE HAS A REAR GARAGE DOOR FOR BACKYARD ACCESS

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3717-Hazelhurst-Dr-Fort-Wayne-IN-46804/73102143_zpid/

That house looks like it has had several separate add-ons. Some of which were poorly done (that lovely bay window is a give away). This means that you'll have fun in the crappy construction thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Houses here range from free to $70k in the "up and coming" neighbourhoods to $500k in the nice neighbourhoods

I got an older(1978) house in an older sub in the city with the best schools for $200k, put some work into it and now it's worth around $269k.

I don't plan on leaving any time soon since everything is in walking distance or five minutes via car

1978 is 'older' there? Jesus, a good bit of the housing stock out here was built in the 1910's.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Gotta love mid week late night maintenance at work. At least there's a keg while I watch a command line. Too bad it's the most Portland-style double hopped to hell and back IPA.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Liquid Communism posted:

1978 is 'older' there? Jesus, a good bit of the housing stock out here was built in the 1910's.

Yeah in my part of the suburbs it is. They tore down most of the beautiful old farm houses from 1900-1940 to build big rear end houses :shrug:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Liquid Communism posted:

I'm very much in a first ring suburb, and my place is considered "older" (built sometime between 82-84). A brand new apartment complex just opened a couple of months ago down the street from me.

There's a tiny neighborhood down the road with houses that date back to the 1930s, a bigger neighborhood that dates to the early 70s, but everything else around here (aside from that one new apt complex) was built by one guy in the late 70s/early 80s. The apartment I'm living in now was originally condos, named after that guy of course.

But the part of town I'm in wasn't even annexed into this city until the late 1960s - this city wasn't even thinking of being a suburb back then, it was just another industrial/farm town.

Now if you go into Dallas, you'll find some housing that dates back to the 1910s-1920s, but like FAT32 mentioned for his area, a lot of the really nice stuff was torn down. About 20 years ago, I lived in a duplex that I believe was built in the 1910s or 20s (based on stuff I found in the attic, plus the [no longer live] knob & tube wiring); it was razed probably a decade ago, there's an 8 plex sitting there now. :smith: I liked living there, damnit! You're not going to find much that dates back past about the late 20s or early 30s in even the oldest parts of Dallas anymore; everyone just wants to buy the lot and slap together a McMansion.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jul 6, 2017

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Guess Des Moines got lucky, it was easier to buy up a mile or so of farmland off the west side to stick all the McMansions in rather than tear down the surviving hundred year old houses on small city lots and redevelop them.

Of course, 10 years later those McMansions are aging like poo poo while the older houses generally seem to get an internal remodel and rewire then go back on the market.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

It's all about perspective but for me living in the Northeast it still blows my mind when people call houses from the 30s "old." My best friend grew up in an house from 1793. I believe we celebrated the houses 200th birthday too. Dad's house growing up was from 1800. Mom's childhood home was from the 18th century too. Some friends of friends in Salem live in a house where part of it is from the 1600s. The upstairs was modernized, but the downstairs original part wasn't, so I got to go to a Christmas party in an almost 400 year old great room (with a gently caress-off big fireplace) My current place was built in '48 and it's a little too new for my wife and I.

But then everyone in Europe looks over and chuckles to themselves from their 1000 year old houses.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
It varies wildly where you live. Most of the construction in the part of NC I'm in didn't get going until the 90s/2000s.

In Miami no suburbs were built until AC rolled out, so an older place there is from the 50s/60s, most of which are still standing. A good amount of the Miami Beach and Coral Gables stuff from the 20s/30s is still around too. The really bad stuff in terms of construction was from the 80s, when people forgot that regular hurricanes were a thing.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Housing in England generally isn't that old. Lots of Victorian period onward housing but the old stuff was torn down and replaced with brick built homes over the last 200 years. House I grew up in was 1920s along with an entire estate of the same houses built for the staff of an aircraft factory.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Antique radio chat -- I've got a mid-'60s solid state Magnavox console radio that my grandparents bought new. It's been dead reliable, playing digital stuffs through its Aux input for years.

However, it developed a steady 60Hz hum through all inputs. I'm assuming it's capacitors, since everything is 50 years old. I took the chassis out and there is a "regular" circuit board with about 8 capacitors on it that I assume is the processing board. There are also about 8 larger capacitors in an absolute rats nest of wiring, where each component is soldered in a mass to 2-5 other components.

I am not a soldering pro, nor can I read much from an electrical schematic. I have no problem replacing caps on a board like I see on the regular board, but I really don't want to deal with the mess of spaghetti. What are the chances of replacing the caps on the regular board taking the hum away? I have a quote from a well-known antique repair place for $200, but that seems a bit steep for $25 of caps...

Here's what I'm looking at:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

beep-beep car is go posted:

It's all about perspective but for me living in the Northeast it still blows my mind when people call houses from the 30s "old." My best friend grew up in an house from 1793. I believe we celebrated the houses 200th birthday too. Dad's house growing up was from 1800. Mom's childhood home was from the 18th century too. Some friends of friends in Salem live in a house where part of it is from the 1600s. The upstairs was modernized, but the downstairs original part wasn't, so I got to go to a Christmas party in an almost 400 year old great room (with a gently caress-off big fireplace) My current place was built in '48 and it's a little too new for my wife and I.

But then everyone in Europe looks over and chuckles to themselves from their 1000 year old houses.

In the 19th century, most people in alberta were still living in sod houses.

There are only maybe 30 or 40 buildings here still standing from before 1900, and even then the population of the entire province in 1901 was around 73 thousand and didn't top 1 million until 1956.

Beyond that, the population growth followed the boom and bust cycle of oil, so you have distinct eras of housing. mid 50s, then early 70s, then mid 80s, then early 00s.In the cities, a lot of the oldest houses sit on prime real-estate, so they get torn down, dug up, and have mansions built in their place leading to hilarious situations with little 600 square foot crap shacks beside 3 story 3 million dollar homes.

2007: https://goo.gl/maps/cETgiWazKzA2
2015: https://goo.gl/maps/Rs1QeLbDgMx

e: another good one,

2007: busted rear end minivan and busted rear end mini house: https://goo.gl/maps/9KfQXMDjiXr
2015: busted rear end porsche and busted rear end mcmansion: https://goo.gl/maps/ESb6M8nvHey

Powershift fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jul 6, 2017

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
SoCal AI krew needs to know I am around from today until Sunday with no plans. Lets do something fun!

text me

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

More fool him

For your daily dose of rear end in a top hat cats....

http://imgur.com/gallery/RG41L#4jWu8fn

He (I assume that's not you, just from the lack of RX-7s or Subarus in the other pictures) just nearly killed me with "illiterate grundle-vultures."

fake edit: and "off-key dick trumpets."

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Here's my regular griping about my school's stupid-rear end wifi system coupled with windows 10 dumbfuckery. Do they just allow you to permanently register your devices like my community college did? Nope! Your wifi credentials are the same as accessing your school account, which has a periodic forced password change (which is its own stupidity but i digress). I have to go through this poo poo every couple months, just often enough it's a pain in my rear end without getting into muscle memory so i have to google how to do it every time:

-Settle into class, open laptop, discover wifi is not connecting
-Connect to guest wifi if it's up
-if not, sigh, pull out phone and pray for signal inside steel and concrete buildings
-go to school page to do password reset
-45 minutes of waiting for confirmation emails later, quickly and easily update password in phone
-try to just right-click -> update credentials on laptop
-remember they got rid of that after 7
-swear, google how to "forget" the entire network because of course it's not a button on the network/sharing page
-wait for it to get flushed out and rediscovered before finally re-entering wi-fi credentials for the "new" network

What the gently caress was so bad about just right-click -> "Change saved password"? Why the gently caress can't the biggest school in the country do device registration when the community college that feeds it can figure it out?

/rant

E: Also I've been having waves of dizziness for like the last 10 days. It's not sleep deprivation, not malnutrition, not lack of sleep (although my schedules all out of whack as usual), drinking/smoking don't make it go away (yes i caved and bought cigarettes after 6 years clean idgaf). I feel like death, there's a loving club general meeting tonight, my co-project lead had a sudden surgery so I'm carrying all the prep work for this semester's competition which starts next week, I can barely find time to drive over and see my sister, aaweroihaposgpandsglkhsad;lifpaowiejfpoiawjfoijaspoidiajspjpoawijbvpoijeav

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jul 6, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nm posted:

That house looks like it has had several separate add-ons. Some of which were poorly done (that lovely bay window is a give away). This means that you'll have fun in the crappy construction thread!

Why would I care about the window when it has a second garage door?

Not that it matters, we're not gonna buy a house til after the wedding. But hey, my fiance's probably getting offered the in town promotion on monday! So we can start sacking away $500 a month towards the house down payment!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

Why would I care about the window when it has a second garage door?

Not that it matters, we're not gonna buy a house til after the wedding. But hey, my fiance's probably getting offered the in town promotion on monday! So we can start sacking away $500 a month towards the house down payment!

Would her promotion still let you keep the rent-free apartment? I'd ride that poo poo into the ground, putting away all the rent/mortgage money you would be paying into a fund to eventually just pay cash for a house. Mortgage-free house would be primo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seminal Flu posted:

Would her promotion still let you keep the rent-free apartment? I'd ride that poo poo into the ground, putting away all the rent/mortgage money you would be paying into a fund to eventually just pay cash for a house. Mortgage-free house would be primo.

I've kind of muddied the details but basically she was the community manager here. That came with a free apartment. Then her father got cancer and she needed to be there for him so she stepped down to the leasing agent position. This meant our rent was $800 a month but that's fine, it's roughly what we paid for a place half this size and here we get a garage and driveway.
The promotion will put her in charge of the community on the other side of town but drops our rent back to sub $100 a month. So yeah, we could stay here forever if we wanted. But the community rules have been tightened quite a bit. I'm now not allowed to work on cars with the garage door open and they don't even want people washing their cars in their driveways. There's a few other things that are starting to be annoying so I'm all for getting gone. We have no timetable on house buying but since we're probably gonna stay here we both are leaning in that direction.

Realistically, starting April 1st I am pretty much debt free and could sack away $500 a month towards a house.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Rhyno posted:

I've kind of muddied the details but basically she was the community manager here. That came with a free apartment. Then her father got cancer and she needed to be there for him so she stepped down to the leasing agent position. This meant our rent was $800 a month but that's fine, it's roughly what we paid for a place half this size and here we get a garage and driveway.
The promotion will put her in charge of the community on the other side of town but drops our rent back to sub $100 a month. So yeah, we could stay here forever if we wanted. But the community rules have been tightened quite a bit. I'm now not allowed to work on cars with the garage door open and they don't even want people washing their cars in their driveways. There's a few other things that are starting to be annoying so I'm all for getting gone. We have no timetable on house buying but since we're probably gonna stay here we both are leaning in that direction.

Realistically, starting April 1st I am pretty much debt free and could sack away $500 a month towards a house.

I love how certain people seem to feel that the details and necessities of getting poo poo done are somehow vulgar and need to be hidden away from polite company. I guess working on and washing your own car are for plebeians, whom they definitely don't want living in their apartments. I bet they don't know how sausage is made, either.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Darchangel posted:

I love how certain people seem to feel that the details and necessities of getting poo poo done are somehow vulgar and need to be hidden away from polite company. I guess working on and washing your own car are for plebeians, whom they definitely don't want living in their apartments. I bet they don't know how sausage is made, either.

AT my mother's HOA they tried to vote in a set of rules that were very similar to my apartment community rules. One of them was no parking in your own driveway! If you didn't park in your garage you got fined! Thankfully that was almost unanimously voted down. It was an elderly dude who just hates all his neighbors.

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

Darchangel posted:

Yeah, homeowner's associations have gotten out of hand. We're buying a beach house near Folly Beach in SC and while looking around we've seen mild to wild on covenants and restrictions (and dues!). Some of my favorites were 'no vehicles taller than 75" in an open driveway', 'no motorcycles', 'no furniture on front porch', etc... Then the dues, holy poo poo - there was one that was like $600/mo and it was basically a glorified zero-lot-line that you had to maintain the exterior on.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

Gotcha. In that case, what about keeping your free housing position, then rent a section of a garage or pole barn somewhere to do car stuff? Should be way cheaper than a mortgage and still let you pocket some good, long-term gravy.

Comedy option, since you're in Fort Wayne, would be to buy this place:
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/5501-W-Hamilton-Rd-S_Fort-Wayne_IN_46814_M42479-19209

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

Yeah, homeowner's associations have gotten out of hand. We're buying a beach house near Folly Beach in SC and while looking around we've seen mild to wild on covenants and restrictions (and dues!). Some of my favorites were 'no vehicles taller than 75" in an open driveway', 'no motorcycles', 'no furniture on front porch', etc... Then the dues, holy poo poo - there was one that was like $600/mo and it was basically a glorified zero-lot-line that you had to maintain the exterior on.

I despise the very concept of HOA's as they exist today. Just awful little people trying to control other's lives. The best house I've posted (the one with the enormous yard and basement) existed for years and got annexed into a neighborhood that was built right across the street from it. If we were in buying position today we'd avoid it just because of the HOA.

Seminal Flu posted:

Gotcha. In that case, what about keeping your free housing position, then rent a section of a garage or pole barn somewhere to do car stuff? Should be way cheaper than a mortgage and still let you pocket some good, long-term gravy.

Comedy option, since you're in Fort Wayne, would be to buy this place:
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/5501-W-Hamilton-Rd-S_Fort-Wayne_IN_46814_M42479-19209

My father's garage is where I plan to do most projects for now. Only problem is it's 40 minutes away so quick jobs won't be so quick anymore. There's another bonkers property about half an hour southwest, large house, 3 acres, two heated and cooled out buildings! But it needs so many updates it's probably a money pit.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

Seminal Flu posted:

Seriously, if my rent was that far below market I would be subletting a shop bay or corner of a warehouse.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

monsterzero posted:

Seriously, if my rent was that far below market I would be subletting a shop bay or corner of a warehouse.

I just don't trust anyone enough to rent a communal space.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Enourmo posted:

E: Also I've been having waves of dizziness for like the last 10 days. It's not sleep deprivation, not malnutrition, not lack of sleep (although my schedules all out of whack as usual), drinking/smoking don't make it go away (yes i caved and bought cigarettes after 6 years clean idgaf). I feel like death, there's a loving club general meeting tonight, my co-project lead had a sudden surgery so I'm carrying all the prep work for this semester's competition which starts next week, I can barely find time to drive over and see my sister, aaweroihaposgpandsglkhsad;lifpaowiejfpoiawjfoijaspoidiajspjpoawijbvpoijeav

There's some hellish version of norovirus going around (at least I'm assuming norovirus since it's obscenely contagious and results in massive gastric distress) that manages to make you feel like poo poo off and on, so maybe you've got that.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
https://www.olx.ua/obyavlenie/prodam-vaz-21099-turbo-200l-s-IDsr02i.html#706d209f2e

200hp homebrew turbo vaz. Help I need an adult.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Firing customers is sometimes easy. Other times it is hard when they are completely volatile. I have been drafting an email to a customer off and on all morning making sure the words are chosen tactfully so that it ends the business relationship but leaves him little to no recourse for bitching and moaning on social media about it.

Life advice: if you somehow find a problem with every single thing you ever get from a company and find yourself to be the only one experiencing problems :siren:you are the problem.:siren: Accept defeat, move on. You have taken enough time and resources.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy
Good luck. I always had a lovely time firing customers because they were unreasonable, entitled and volatile/rude as hell. If they were understanding or occupied the same reality as I did I wouldn't have had to fire them. ¯\_ツ)_/¯

It does feel good when it's finally over and I knew my employees appreciated it.

I like look of that, especially the c-pillars windows.
Does the front license plate flip down to expose the IC?

monsterzero fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 6, 2017

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

More like "Help, I need a shipping container."

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

poo poo like this is why, if you have to live in an HOA community (and sometimes it can be very difficult to avoid in some areas), then you should take the few hours per month needed to be actively involved in the HOA or even get on the board, so that the HOA doesn't turn into a group of old grouchy retired people who love to have power over everyone's lives.

If the majority of a community is middle-aged working class, then the board should represent that, and not be the 7 old retired guys out of a community of 500 homes.

Sadly, 95% of people are too apathetic and lazy to bother.

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

The Locator posted:

poo poo like this is why, if you have to live in an HOA community (and sometimes it can be very difficult to avoid in some areas), then you should take the few hours per month needed to be actively involved in the HOA or even get on the board, so that the HOA doesn't turn into a group of old grouchy retired people who love to have power over everyone's lives.

If the majority of a community is middle-aged working class, then the board should represent that, and not be the 7 old retired guys out of a community of 500 homes.

Definitely. Before we bought the house we live in now, we almost bought a mountain-top DelTec a few miles west. They had some sort of kludged together HOA that disallowed chickens and goats, even though the HOA 'president' had horses, llamas, and cows. If we had pulled the trigger, the first thing I would have done would be infiltrate their ranks with my nearly unlimited free time.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Seminal Flu posted:

More like "Help, I need a shipping container."

He's in the same city I am ;)
Actually about 6km south of me.

I saw nothing about a flip-plate in the ad, but it does have an intercooler.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 6, 2017

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Firing customers is sometimes easy. Other times it is hard when they are completely volatile. I have been drafting an email to a customer off and on all morning making sure the words are chosen tactfully so that it ends the business relationship but leaves him little to no recourse for bitching and moaning on social media about it.

Life advice: if you somehow find a problem with every single thing you ever get from a company and find yourself to be the only one experiencing problems :siren:you are the problem.:siren: Accept defeat, move on. You have taken enough time and resources.

I am known as being kind, patient, good and inexpensive but when some rear end in a top hat is being an idiot and upsets me I love that I can fire that customer and tell them never to return. Love it.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Seminal Flu posted:

Antique radio chat -- I've got a mid-'60s solid state Magnavox console radio that my grandparents bought new. It's been dead reliable, playing digital stuffs through its Aux input for years.

However, it developed a steady 60Hz hum through all inputs. I'm assuming it's capacitors, since everything is 50 years old. I took the chassis out and there is a "regular" circuit board with about 8 capacitors on it that I assume is the processing board. There are also about 8 larger capacitors in an absolute rats nest of wiring, where each component is soldered in a mass to 2-5 other components.

I am not a soldering pro, nor can I read much from an electrical schematic. I have no problem replacing caps on a board like I see on the regular board, but I really don't want to deal with the mess of spaghetti. What are the chances of replacing the caps on the regular board taking the hum away? I have a quote from a well-known antique repair place for $200, but that seems a bit steep for $25 of caps...

Here's what I'm looking at:

You sure it's not a ground loop?
IMO, you should just pitch the guts and replace it with a Sonos or something. If you're really sentimentally attached to it then... RIP your freetime and enjoy your new retirement project.

Also, ask these guys:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2734977

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I fire customers all the time, it's my job :)

I love evicting assholes that think once they are checked in they own the place, the look of disbelief on their faces when the police tell them we literally don't need a reason to evict them is priceless.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I miss that from 2 jobs ago. We were really laid back and easy going, so I only ever had to fire about 3 customers in 3-4 years, but I loved it. Because if they had gotten to that point, they were awful.
So I'd draft up a very nice polite letter apologizing for us not being able to meet their standards and wishing them the best in finding a company that will cater to their specific needs. So cathartic.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

BigPaddy posted:

Housing in England generally isn't that old. Lots of Victorian period onward housing but the old stuff was torn down and replaced with brick built homes over the last 200 years. House I grew up in was 1920s along with an entire estate of the same houses built for the staff of an aircraft factory.
Mmm, a lot of stuff is post-WW2, thanks partly to :hitler:.

American house construction is still very strange to me in many places, timber framing is very uncommon here. It seems very cheap and lacking durability, though I appreciate a lot of it isn't necessarily the cheapest-possible method used in the average a McMansion.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Siochain posted:

I miss that from 2 jobs ago. We were really laid back and easy going, so I only ever had to fire about 3 customers in 3-4 years, but I loved it. Because if they had gotten to that point, they were awful.
So I'd draft up a very nice polite letter apologizing for us not being able to meet their standards and wishing them the best in finding a company that will cater to their specific needs. So cathartic.

This is exactly the situation I am in. For reference, I am in the large scale radio controlled hobby industry; so toy cars, fun things. My preface was essentially our purpose is helping people enjoy their hobby and we have failed to do so on multiple occasions. Therefore we are not serving him well and we need to discontinue our business relationship. I offered to get these last couple small parts back from him and give him a full refund (for used/now ruined parts) and wished him well.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

My parents bought a house in Folly last fall. I believe there are no HOAs in Folly, but the town itself has a few things, largely focused on property expansion/additions.

Folly Beach is great. Prices keep going up though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I don't think I've ever seen an HOA in Canada.

Instead our housing market is so horrendously hosed up that it will need to pop several times before I can even consider maybe thinking about buying a house before I die.

• Locked thread