Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Nice Guys is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Ive been off work for a couple of weeks and ive been sifting through the horror movies available. As you know there is a ton of terrible horror poo poo available for streaming but i have to say that i think i found a hidden gem that surprised me.

Amazon prime has a movie called Savageland and it is a fake documentary with a cool twist on "found footage" movies. I wouldnt call it scary, but it was definitely unnerving. It has its problems (the acting can be weak and the ending was typical), but watch it without reading anything about it and you might enjoy it.

And yes Nice Guys was great.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Alright which one of you works for HBO? After the discussion yesterday they just released a trailer for Vice Principals season 2.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I just heard an interview on Larry Wilmore's podcast with Bassem Youssef, touting his new documentary Tickling Giants, anybody know where to see it online? Netflix is only offering it on DVD right now.

XenJ
Aug 1, 2014
On no Hells Kitchen make me thinking every Restaurant or Bar with food sell will poisoning me :cheeky: for sure.
It' s horrible how much people want make money with selling crap...

But I like the Jamie 30minutes cooking show. Mostly it is realy cool and easy to do it at home too. And often I get nice inspirations from it.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Michael Corleone posted:

So, is this show like SuperMarket Sweep with cooking? I would watch that!

I mean, if you can put up with Guy Fieri

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

GonSmithe posted:

Alright which one of you works for HBO? After the discussion yesterday they just released a trailer for Vice Principals season 2.

Double great.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Been watching Bosch lately. Not sure why I decided to start it, but it's pretty decent. About halfway through the second season and I like that the stakes are getting higher. What's the general concensus on it? Because I don't ever remember anyone talking about it.

Also, mini The Wire reunion is cool.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

I had about the same takeaway about Bosch. Reasonably competent show that's more or less consistent, but never threatens to be more interesting than the basic premise.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Bosch is solid. Season 1 felt a little weak but it just keeps improving from there.

If you like Bosch, I feel like Chance on Hulu is a strong recommend. Similar dark noir vibe but with Hugh Laurie and Randy from My Name Is Earl as a psycho zen Robin to Laurie's Batman.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol No Escape is dumb and probably xenophobic but it's pretty drat entertaining.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I'm watching Heavyweights and there's a kid in it that looks and sounds exactly like a kid version of Andy Milonakis. Like I can't focus on anything else if he's on screen.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

veni veni veni posted:

Lol No Escape is dumb and probably xenophobic but it's pretty drat entertaining.

Do you feel, as I do, that it was obviously meant to be a found footage movie and at some point they nixed the idea?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

drunken officeparty posted:

I'm watching Heavyweights and there's a kid in it that looks and sounds exactly like a kid version of Andy Milonakis. Like I can't focus on anything else if he's on screen.

I love that movie. Must have watched it a thousand times. Ben Stiller plays such a good psycho in it.

Attention campers, lunch has been cancelled due to a lack of hustle... deal with it.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Ugly In The Morning posted:

If you have HBO, The Nice Guys is on their streaming and it's loving great

Can confirm that this movie rules. If you liked Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang, then you'll like The Nice Guys.

Also, The Green Inferno which is also on HBO wasn't entertaining at all. Eli Roth swung and missed, bad. Acting was good but the story and writing sucked. The gore was done very well though.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Grotbags died today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRy97GjDxzY&t=406s
Its a shame that her stuff is just on Youtube but man I would have traded Captain Kangaroo for this in the 80s

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Do you feel, as I do, that it was obviously meant to be a found footage movie and at some point they nixed the idea?

Yeah. I also feel like it was supposed to take place in the middle east but they felt like some nondescript southeast asian country was safer.

XenJ
Aug 1, 2014
Just start with Preacher. Not really sure if it is good atm it looks like a wired mix of From Dusk Till Dawn and The Exorcist....

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

drunken officeparty posted:

I waffle between thinking Heavyweights makes a perfect accidental prequel to Dodgeball and thinking Ben Stiller is maybe just not super creative and Evil Exercise Man is a character that probably showed up on his tv show.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

That Castlevania thing ain't great.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Sarchasm posted:

Was there really any doubt?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Sarchasm posted:

drat I had held out hope that it would be.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

enigmahfc posted:

Was there really any doubt?

Not really, but I had to know for myself.

It's not an abject failure or anything, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it. It's a hair shy of mediocre.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah. I also feel like it was supposed to take place in the middle east but they felt like some nondescript southeast asian country was safer.

That I didn't feel, a lot of the stuff in the movie is awfully specific, like the hilarious part with the torch singer in the hotel bar. Pierce Brosnan's character would make a lot less sense in the Middle East, too, the lush, whoring ex-pat is a tropical stereotype.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Since Good Eats was mentioned just recently, these should be appropriate.

https://twitter.com/altonbrown/status/788154688055177217

https://twitter.com/altonbrown/status/883128322506407936

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Well Castlevania is the stupidest thing ever. 4 episodes and I can't remember a loving thing about it except for the beginning few minutes and the end.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Sarchasm posted:

It's kind of dumb but in a way that really appeals to me. The over-the-top brutality, the silly talking demons, the blatantly evil and murderous Catholic church. Plus, Richard Armitage.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I've only seen the first episode, but I thought it owned. Dracula did nothing wrong.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I just watched all 13 episodes of Riverdale. It is a show with tons of issues, yet I couldn't stop watching. Also let me mention I am in my 40's, and this is a show for teens. What is wrong with me? Could it be my nostalgia for characters since I use to read the comic? Plus people I grew up with like Luke Perry, Molly Ringwald, and the guy that is not only the killer in Scream, but Satan and Sadam have his picture over their bed. Or have I just lost my mind?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
The Void was just added to Netflix.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

Detective No. 27 posted:

I've only seen the first episode, but I thought it owned. Dracula did nothing wrong.

The first episode does indeed own, I'll give it that.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

nate fisher posted:

I just watched all 13 episodes of Riverdale. It is a show with tons of issues, yet I couldn't stop watching. Also let me mention I am in my 40's, and this is a show for teens. What is wrong with me? Could it be my nostalgia for characters since I use to read the comic? Plus people I grew up with like Luke Perry, Molly Ringwald, and the guy that is not only the killer in Scream, but Satan and Sadam have his picture over their bed. Or have I just lost my mind?

It's very stylized and pretty to look at and also I have a huge crush on Camila Mendes so yeah, I liked it too. It's kinda twin peaks for teens so that's cool.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Castlevania is extremely loving ownage

It's not perfect but it's pretty much exactly what a Castlevania show should be

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Also making Trevor Belmont pretty much Action BoJack was a surprisingly good call.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Its "Escape from Castlevania" needs kurt russell

martinlutherbling
Mar 27, 2010

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

The Void was just added to Netflix.

Can't wait to watch this again.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
To all of those who recommended Okja, thank you. It was the first Bong Joon-ho movie I thoroughly enjoyed.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Yo british folks, watching The Great British Baking Show and I have one question. Why are yall so obsessed with putting citrus in *everything*? Did the threat of scurvy make that big an impact on your culture?

XenJ
Aug 1, 2014
I have never seen befor such a shabby Vampire like the one in the "Preacher".

But hell this show becoming better and better from Episode to Episode.

If you like tv series like From Dusk till Dawn, Supernatural or Justified, try Preacher. All others It will be better with every further episode of the series and makes lot of fun for know Episode 5 from Season 1.
Realy different as what I was thinking about the show yesterday as I start with watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Preacher should not be compared to Justified in any way other than "is in the South"