Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

SpazmasterX posted:

When will video game companies learn that XL is never the biggest size they'll need for Americans.

Especially for a JRPG.

It's subtle social programming. :ssh:

Edit: Page snipe wallpaper!

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jul 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

SpazmasterX posted:

When will video game companies learn that XL is never the biggest size they'll need for Americans.

Especially for a JRPG.

They have XXL in the bottom right corner with added fatty tax.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

They have XXL in the bottom right corner with added fatty tax.

This is the odd part since IDK larger sized clothes cost more like for shirts...

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Alder posted:

So anyone stopping by AX? Atlus finally brought over some decent merch but ofc it's too far way for me :sigh:

The keychains in #17 are great and I need some. I'm still waiting for the these keychains to become more available / not $50 on ebay

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

I'm pretty far into this game - end of August - and it's really good. Even things that I think should annoy me, the game has managed to thread the needle of telling a fairly constrained story with a bunch of optional stuff that consumes time and resources without me getting incredibly bored by it. I like hanging out with my friends and I want to find out who that jerk in the black mask is it's probably the government guy.

It helps that this is the most stylish game I've ever played. Everything is so loving cool! Even the scene transitions with the little detail of a fluttering black curtain when you jump are just satisfying to watch. Not to mention the outfits and the area designs.

I'm mad at that drat fortune teller for charging me 100k for rock salt though.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Fortune is weird, because the only abilities you're likely to make use of are the rank 1 and rank 7 bonuses. Those two are worth the money, however. Also (minor spoiler for that confidant) she refunds you the money if you reach rank 10.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Edit: poo poo, wrong thread.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Is there any consequence to having your team push on in a palace once they're tired? I seem to remember that being a thing in the other games but it's been awhile since I've played them and this game never explicitly says I need to give people a rest or anything.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Tiredness in 5 is just how much SP they have left

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

"What?! I'm not tangled up like this for fun, you know!"

J-Spot posted:

Is there any consequence to having your team push on in a palace once they're tired? I seem to remember that being a thing in the other games but it's been awhile since I've played them and this game never explicitly says I need to give people a rest or anything.

If I'm reading you right, they complain about being tired when they're low on HP/SP, otherwise there's no proper "fatigue" like what was in Persona 3.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Arist posted:

Tiredness in 5 is just how much SP they have left

Goodguy3 posted:

If I'm reading you right, they complain about being tired when they're low on HP/SP, otherwise there's no proper "fatigue" like what was in Persona 3.

Yup, that's what I needed to know. Thanks!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Does pressing square to heal all party members in the palaces take up SP? I forgot.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

punk rebel ecks posted:

Does pressing square to heal all party members in the palaces take up SP? I forgot.

Yes but it prioritizes inactive party members.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

punk rebel ecks posted:

It uses the most mana efficient way to heal your whole team. It is basically free late game since it can also pull from your back-benchers.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Has there been any rumbling about Persona 5 Arena?

I have been getting into fighting games this year and would actually want to check that out

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have been getting into fighting games this year and would actually want to check that out

The game's not even half a year old yet. I wouldn't expect anything even close to a P5 Arena for several years, since they'll probably push for an updated version of P5 before doing any spin-offs.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

I expect persona 5 arena to happen, what with all the focus Atlus has been putting on spinoffs. I'd put good money on at least three or four spinoffs before they even consider an updated version of the game, if ever.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The PS Vita version will let you redeem/save Akechi and it'll include Marie for some reason.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I was driving today and it suddenly occurred to me that hiimdaisy will never do Persona 5 comics.

It hurts. :smith:

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
quick question: in demon negotiation, sometimes I can say "no I don't want to talk" and I get the persona instantly. I assume that's when I've got them once before, so I don't need to do the negotiations again for that particular persona? Or is it a level-related thing?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Atlus trademarked several titles which seemed like potential spin-offs including a P5A but even if they've already got plans to make it I doubt development has really started or that the game will be announced for a year or two.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

redreader posted:

quick question: in demon negotiation, sometimes I can say "no I don't want to talk" and I get the persona instantly. I assume that's when I've got them once before, so I don't need to do the negotiations again for that particular persona? Or is it a level-related thing?

If your dialogue choice is something like "I didn't ask for this," then it's because that Persona's in your Compendium so you can save yourself the trouble of negotiations.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

This is legitimately the single longest game I think I have ever played. It just never ends

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Did they make more anime then that one shot? I actually enjoyed watching it.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

redreader posted:

Yeah it's from being already registered. Just say Get In and skip the talky bit

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Finished it over the weekend and it was amazing. Only gripe was having the level cap on being able to fuse personas higher than your level which really killed my vibe on playing around with combinations. Especially when I could hit the Network feature and pop a level 70 Siegfried at level 45.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

^burtle posted:

Finished it over the weekend and it was amazing. Only gripe was having the level cap on being able to fuse personas higher than your level which really killed my vibe on playing around with combinations. Especially when I could hit the Network feature and pop a level 70 Siegfried at level 45.

If you max out the twins confidant you can fuse personas above your level.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Zore posted:

The Strength confidant?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Zore posted:

Ah poo poo, too late now I guess.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

^burtle posted:

Ah poo poo, too late now I guess.

It costs a lot of cash every time you do it but it's pretty sweet

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Cavelcade posted:

The Strength confidant?

Yeah.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Just beat The palace 7 boss, Shido.

Overall, I was impressed with how much damage my party could throw out. With a constant Debilitate on him and various buffs applied as the party rotated around, the boss was never all that threatening. I didn't even particularly have all the super-broken Personas either- I just rotated between my Trumpeter with Debilitate, Inferno, and fire boost/amp, Thor for Mind Charge, and Yamata-no Orochi with a gun build for physical damage. Maybe it's just that I've gotten better at Persona games, but it didn't feel like a huge threat the way Persona 4's endgame bosses did.

Still mad, mad fun, though. If I never play another game on the PS4, it would have been a worthwhile purchase.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
I'm in the middle of October and wanted to check something re: Mementos. I'm sure this comes up here a lot but is my access to Mementos affected by the drop in polls? I hope not because I banged out the last dungeon in a day and I haven't saved since I beat the boss, and was saving up Mementos until after the poll bump (lol whoops).

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Golashes posted:

I'm in the middle of October and wanted to check something re: Mementos. I'm sure this comes up here a lot but is my access to Mementos affected by the drop in polls? I hope not because I banged out the last dungeon in a day and I haven't saved since I beat the boss, and was saving up Mementos until after the poll bump (lol whoops).

Poll is entirely cosmetic.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Poll is entirely cosmetic.

Oh thought they mentioned otherwise somewhere, awesome. Thanks.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Golashes posted:

Oh thought they mentioned otherwise somewhere, awesome. Thanks.

They say that your access goes deeper the more well known the Phantom Thieves are in society. So even when the polls drop, you can play that like you're become more infamous, rather than famous.

Like he said, cosmetic.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Just got to the very final boss, only to realise that my party just doesn't have the max SP to win this thing. There's no way I'm losing 20 hours of progress to go grind either. What a terrible way to end an okay game. There's no way I could have known I was significantly under-levelled either, all other challenges in the game have been fairly easy up until this point. I really wish you didn't have to do the last part all in one go. I'd have been fine if I'd had a few coffees.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Gunder posted:

Just got to the very final boss, only to realise that my party just doesn't have the max SP to win this thing. There's no way I'm losing 20 hours of progress to go grind either. What a terrible way to end an okay game. There's no way I could have known I was significantly under-levelled either, all other challenges in the game have been fairly easy up until this point. I really wish you didn't have to do the last part all in one go. I'd have been fine if I'd had a few coffees.

... how underlevelled are you?

And are you using the free full heals from the Velvet room people?

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
You can grind very quickly in the last area. Or another option is to take the time to max strength and make a single high level persona and it will be nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunder
May 22, 2003

My party is lvl 72. I'm going into the last fight with full SP/health on everyone, I just don't have the SP capacity to last through the boss fight.