Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

angryrobots posted:

Something something, if you take one Baptist fishing, he'll drink all your beer. Take two Baptists fishing and they won't drink any.
Why are Baptists so scared of sex? Might lead to dancing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Nevada's starting RB, James Butler is grad transferring to Iowa. He's coming off a couple 1,300 yard seasons. Looking at tape of him he actually kinda reminds me of Wadley a bit. That's gonna be a super fun RB duo, and Iowa returns basically its entire offensive line. gently caress passing

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

MourningView posted:

Nevada's starting RB, James Butler is grad transferring to Iowa. He's coming off a couple 1,300 yard seasons. Looking at tape of him he actually kinda reminds me of Wadley a bit. That's gonna be a super fun RB duo, and Iowa returns basically its entire offensive line. gently caress passing

i am also of the opinion that if you can literally run the other team down, you should indeed run the dang ball every play

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/dannyboycane13/status/882415387941404672

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Fake U's.

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .

Never change dannyboy. :allears:

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

For those that haven't seen the greatest video ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-wwFlba8xc

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KKKLIP ART posted:

i am also of the opinion that if you can literally run the other team down, you should indeed run the dang ball every play

Kirk Ferentz is a man of deep flaws, but a steadfast commitment to Running The Dang Ball is not among them

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Jon Bois is some kind of terrifying wizard.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Jon Bois is without a doubt the greatest sports journalist who's ever lived.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
On the shutdown fullcast a few weeks ago they joked about sending Bois to SEC media day to confuse everyone with a bunch of random questions and I have never wanted anything more.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pakled posted:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

On the shutdown fullcast a few weeks ago they joked about sending Bois to SEC media day to confuse everyone with a bunch of random questions and I have never wanted anything more.

I liked the idea of just saying "hi I'm Jon" and not giving a publication name

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Henchman of Santa posted:

Hi I'm Jon. What do you think of Pepsi Cinnamon, will it light a fire under players. I am not sure how I feel about cinnamon in cola, so if you could let know if its worth trying that would be nice. Thanks from your pal Jon!

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Florida is calling the extra home game against LSU this year their homecoming.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

gently caress it, make him president

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
https://twitter.com/SC_Beaux/status/882772168983146496

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Henchman of Santa posted:

"Jon from A Huge Dog" is even funnier

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Pakled posted:

The best SBNation article ever written by Jon or anyone was his article about eating sad meals in vehicles.

A Teaser:

Duckaerobics posted:

Florida is calling the extra home game against LSU this year their homecoming.

lol

They'd better honor the 2017 NCAA Baseball National Champion Florida Gators during that halftime too.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jul 7, 2017

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

lol

They'd better honor the 2017 NCAA Baseball National Champion Florida Gators during that halftime too.

They'll go so far as to be the first football game to ever have someone throw out the first pitch...

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

LeeMajors posted:

The best SBNation article ever written by Jon or anyone was his article about eating sad meals in vehicles.

Every few months, when I'm feeling down, I look up Jon's analysis of the NFL Draft and laugh and laugh. Don't forget the game he plays in the comments too.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

This is the pro-est of clicks

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

MourningView posted:

This would be so good

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Pakled posted:

Every few months, when I'm feeling down, I look up Jon's analysis of the NFL Draft and laugh and laugh. Don't forget the game he plays in the comments too.

Thank you for that. One of the quotes has immediately become part of my permanent vocabulary:

quote:

In a sense, if the Lions knew nothing, they would have tied with the dart board. They did worse. They knew a negative amount of things.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

PS Vue is raising their prices (Sports package is going from $35 to 45).

What's the cheapest way now of getting BTN and the major ESPN channels? Sling doesn't seem to have BTN.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

USA Today has updated their database of collegiate expenses/revenues and it's pretty neat to scroll through.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

1. Hell yeah we're the top MWC team

2. What the hell Wazzu and Cal?

3. Where is USC?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

a neat cape posted:

3. Where is USC?

Private schools aren't required to open their books.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

a neat cape posted:

2. What the hell Wazzu and Cal?

Isn't Cal in a budget nightmare these days?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I don't know about their over all budget, but I know their stadium deal is super screwed and a huge drain on their operating cash flow

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa trying to claim that they're losing money on athletics is hilarious

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MourningView posted:

Any school trying to claim that they're losing money on athletics is hilarious

Fixed that for you.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

iospace posted:

Fixed that for you.

I'm sure some smaller ones are but in major conferences its usually the result of creative accounting.

Iowa has like tripled its revenue over the last several years due to all the TV money they're getting now. But they're a non-profit that has to pretend it can't afford to compensate labor so new multimillion dollar buildings for everyone!!! That football stadium that we just did extensive renovations on like a decade ago? It definitely needs another facelift. Oh shoot all the money is gone, huh that's crazy

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MourningView posted:

I'm sure some smaller ones are but in major conferences its usually the result of creative accounting.

Iowa has like tripled its revenue over the last several years due to all the TV money they're getting now. But they're a non-profit that has to pretend it can't afford to compensate labor so new multimillion dollar buildings for everyone!!! That football stadium that we just did extensive renovations on like a decade ago? It definitely needs another facelift. Oh shoot all the money is gone, huh that's crazy

Yeah, or "Oh look, we need to get this big name coach, let's pay them LOADS OF MONEY. Where did all the money go?"

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

wa27 posted:

PS Vue is raising their prices (Sports package is going from $35 to 45).

What's the cheapest way now of getting BTN and the major ESPN channels? Sling doesn't seem to have BTN.

The only OTT streaming service that carries BTN is PlayStation Vue, so it's either that or your local provider.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I feel like I'm trying to read Homestuck or some poo poo

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

all-Rush mixtape posted:

The only OTT streaming service that carries BTN is PlayStation Vue, so it's either that or your local provider.

I wanted to join in with the cool kids and cut the cord this year but then the Internet+DirecTV bundle wound up being cheaper than internet+PSVue so I have regular TV like some kind of lame old.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
DirecTV Now is pretty good and has the BTN

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

all-Rush mixtape posted:

DirectTV now has it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

and if you somehow have one of the newer unlimited data plans from AT&T, you can get $$25 off DirecTV Now

• Locked thread