Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think the Republican party has a political vision, as horrible and hosed up as it is, and that the Democrats have insisted on being the party of status quo, and this is why the Democrats have become the party of forever compromise as this Republican vision doesn't threaten their submission to capital

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dems are a gently caress imo

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/Jon4Vermont/status/883001993429737472
https://twitter.com/SpectacOptical/status/883067783180951552

also, check the replies to the first tweet for more laffs

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
out of all the people to primary, i mean, go ahead and waste your time lol

he's like, the third most popular politician within his own district/state, isnt he?

go for it tho. primary everyone. keep 'em honest. even bernoman.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lmao seeing woke twitter asking for donation links to a guy not even msnbc will mention

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Frijolero posted:

Dems are a gently caress imo

aw come on no dont say that

what makes you say that :(

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

I'm pretty confident that guy's not gonna win a primary against Bernie.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

remember when kamala harris advocated for slavery? specifically when she argued the california penal system should hang on to a ton of non-violent offenders whose release had been ordered by a court, cause they needed cafeteria workers, janitors, etc for their supermax prisons?

:lol:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

loquacius posted:

you see what I'm loving talking about with the Nader thing

people can instantly make Trump Bernie's fault by putting him in the same sentence as Nader, poof, because of course Bush was Nader's fault, we just kind of accept this unconsciously
Nader and Ross Perot did nothing wrong.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Condiv posted:

remember when kamala harris advocated for slavery? specifically when she argued the california penal system should hang on to a ton of non-violent offenders whose release had been ordered by a court, cause they needed cafeteria workers, janitors, etc for their supermax prisons?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Condiv posted:

I remember that this didn't happen

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nonsense posted:

lmao seeing woke twitter asking for donation links to a guy not even msnbc will mention

hahahah who is this

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Has anyone made a joke about centrists wanting to make a compromise with the left where we can cover medicare for 3/5 of all americans ? :shobon:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Condiv posted:

oh man that's right lmao do you have the quote for that handy

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Does this mean he's a Democrat now? Yes

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

the bitcoin of weed posted:

I remember that this didn't happen

GalacticAcid posted:

oh man that's right lmao do you have the quote for that handy

http://www.latimes.com/local/political/la-me-ff-federal-judges-order-state-to-release-more-prisoners-20141114-story.html

quote:

But the federal judicial panel did not take action on other steps it had ordered California to take last February. Those include increasing the sentence reductions minimum-custody inmates can earn for good behavior and participation in rehabilitation and education programs.

Most of those prisoners now work as groundskeepers, janitors and in prison kitchens, with wages that range from 8 cents to 37 cents per hour. Lawyers for Attorney General Kamala Harris had argued in court that if forced to release these inmates early, prisons would lose an important labor pool.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

"Lawyers for Attorney General Kamala Harris had argued in court that if forced to release these inmates early, prisons would lose an important labor pool."

amazing

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/ShawnOsterhus/status/883060413767790592

lmao

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I always thought Kama Harris is the definition of career Democrat politician. Like the things she actually does besides being a half black half Indian woman.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Lol if the bad dems end up funding his campaign

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

and then when someone asked her about this three days later,

quote:

California Attorney General Kamala Harris told ThinkProgress Wednesday she is concerned her department created a perception that the state’s prisons have a goal of “indentured servitude.” Harris was responding to revelations that lawyers in her office argued in court without her knowledge that a program to parole more prisoners would drain the state’s source of cheap labor.

“The way that argument played out in court does not reflect my priorities,” she said, adding that she fears state lawyers taking that position will create more distrust in the criminal justice system. Harris worried that heavily policed communities may suspect the state has an “ulterior motive,” especially when it seems “the penalty may not be proportionate to the crime.”

“The idea that we incarcerate people to have indentured servitude is one of the worst possible perceptions,” said Harris. “I feel very strongly about that. It evokes images of chain gangs. I take it very seriously and I’m looking into exactly what needs to be done to correct it.”

though to be fair it sounds like she's just mad her underlings can't maintain the illusion of prison labor not being slavery instead of wanting to do anything to change this

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah I'm not sure that being shocked, SHOCKED to find slavery in this establishment is the best defense she could have mustered.

She's still reasonably non horrible but I hope that's not the best we can do.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

though to be fair it sounds like she's just mad her underlings can't maintain the illusion of prison labor not being slavery instead of wanting to do anything to change this

lol if you think harris had no idea what her subordinate was gonna argue in this case. i can imagine she was blindsided by how little he sugarcoated the reason, but no i think she was totally fine with preventing the release of these inmates for labor reasons. i mean, she was resisting their release for some reason right?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i think if dems want to keep blaming nader for giving the 2000 election to bush (rather than the true culprits: jeb!, katherine harris, and the supreme court), they should also be eternally grateful to ross perot for giving the 1992 election to bill

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

did she actually do anything

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Shear Modulus posted:

i think if dems want to keep blaming nader for giving the 2000 election to bush (rather than the true culprits: jeb!, katherine harris, and the supreme court), they should also be eternally grateful to ross perot for giving the 1992 election to bill

boomer dems become enraged when you suggest that ross perot handed bill the election

(he did)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Terror Sweat posted:

her office did something bad and people got angry at her and her response was ":shrug: them's the breaks"

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

*In extremely liberal voice*

Political capital is a precious resource. We can't waste it on something insignificant like single payer.

*Sees Jon4Vermont*

But this.... this is good.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Terror Sweat posted:

all I can figure out is that she started a couple technocratic data-driven programs that moderately reduced recidivism but that's about it

lol I remembered her quote about being Shocked, Just Shocked being a lot less spineless than that looks like I'm owned

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Ruzihm posted:

*In extremely liberal voice*

Political capital is a precious resource. We can't waste it on something insignificant like single payer.

*Sees Jon4Vermont*

But this.... this is good.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

perspective

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I hate the idea of political capital, the most centrist status-quo concept ever

"well we can only do one thing at a time half-assedly or else we will RUN OUT OF POLITICAL POINTS"

I mean its literal video game logic from EU4 for Christ's sake

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/Mondoweiss/status/882972998432686080

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

anime was right posted:

there's a chance people are looking up the answer too but lol who cares

lmao theres like 0 chance somebody looks up the fukin answer for a good survey

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Did Obama earn interest on his political capital? :thunk:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

GalacticAcid posted:

boomer dems become enraged when you suggest that ross perot handed bill the election

(he did)

this but our children saying this about us and bernie sanders

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
i think kamala harris might be ok, but countless years of being represented by feinstein/boxer may have broken me

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
~a step in the right (left) direction~

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKnCeeAW48

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Terror Sweat posted:

*gestures wildly at the democratic party* that's the beauty of it! it doesn't do anything!

• Locked thread