Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

I ain't mad. Its the game.

My basic rules are simple. You can be a snake in Big Brother if you're fine being a snake in Big Brother. Just own that poo poo and don't play high and mighty.

I'm looking at you, Nicole.

As gross as Paul was last year I was rooting for him to win over her.

I'm hoping everyone will press Cody's buttons, maybe get a Willie Hantz situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Man Ramses is super hosed unless Kevin comes clean

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

mallratcal posted:

As gross as Paul was last year I was rooting for him to win over her.

I'm hoping everyone will press Cody's buttons, maybe get a Willie Hantz situation.

I was pulling for Nicole. She may suck for not owning that she was a snake most of the game, but she did to the Jury and Paul deserved to lose for treating the Jury bad.

I think it would really funny if Paul could finish his BB Russell Hantz journey and make F2 this year and lose again.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

What if Kevin is a superfan and knows exactly what he is doing.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
BB: "Christmas, please come to the diary room."

Jessica: "Please choke on your own saliva."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cody asked Kevin to send Alex into his new safe space and it looks Alex doesn't want to. Alex warning Jason and Kevin to chill out so they're not the next to go.

Cody: Why couldn't it have been a loving endurance competition?
Because Jessica would have been the favorite?

Jessica saying this game brings out the worst in people without a hint of irony, right after watching Cody berate Josh. Everyone has a head start on being bastards over Jody, apparently. These two are the most self absorbed assholes I've seen on BB in a long time. Cody can't wait to see everyone else's games fall apart. Cody says he's gonna take a shower before Have Nots. Dumbass doesn't know that's probably tomorrow.

Paul tells a bunch of people that Cody volunteered for Have Nots but told him not to put him with Josh or he'll "loving kill him." Dom tells Paul about Cody coming at him just now. Paul says that kind of aggression is stupid and makes people uncomfortable. Paul says if this stuff keeps up they'll cut feeds and send people in. They're worried about Cody losing it.

Jess whining that she feels stupid and has gotten blindsided at every turn and playing clean up. She doesn't want to be in the house without Cody.

Ramses called Kevin a snake and people don't like it. Ramses is right.

Paul's saying he wants 3 people playing with him in POV so he's planning to put up 2 pawns and ask Ramses to go up. He's telling Raven she'd be safe to go up as a pawn and Cody puts her on a pedestal so she might calm him and be able to talk to him. Paul says Jason and Cody are the only two they don't want playing and he likes the odds of them not getting picked with 2 spots. And Ramses is the safety net. "Checkmate."

Cody says his biggest regret is Jessica taking the heat for his risks. "But on the other hand I wouldn't want us to be pussies." Jessica says her mom will be disappointed and facing her will be the hardest part of leaving the game. I think Jess may be having a glimmer of revelation about her actions. She's always seemed to sort of realize she was the bad guy more than Cody did.

Cody: If we stay calm there's always a chance these idiots will gently caress up their games.

Alex finally goes to see the fallen king and queen. Jess swears she didn't keep Christmas (duh). Cody babbling about his awesome deals people broke. Alex cuts it short. She's clearly not interested in this poo poo.

Alex: Christmas is lame!

Mark's done with Jody. "The line's drawn, gently caress it." Duh, Mark.

Dom checks Have Nots looking for Christmas and then goes to find her. Cody, "They don't even give a poo poo about you crying." Cody's not hanging out with any of them after the show. Jess agrees. I'm sure they're disappointed.

Paul boasts that he's the one who told Christmas to call out Jess on the live show and it completely rattled her. Matt says "for a girl like Jess" being called out on TV is devastating. Paul gloats about Cody saying he wanted to go to war with him.

Cody: I promise I'm pretty cool on the outside of this game. I do have close friends. Really close friends. Unfortunatelly most of them are on the other side of the United States.

BB: CHRISTMAS, PLEASE COME TO THE DIARY ROOM.
Jessica: Christmas, please choke on your own saliva.

All class, that Jess. Jess hopes they put her out of her misery and don't leave her in for a "slow painful death" now that they've "cut everything off."

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Should I feel bad for wanting Cody to win Ring of Replacement and him using it to win veto so one of Paul's pawns has to go home? The drama would be amazing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Thinking about it, I think its safe to say that Paul's plan to pawn Matt and Raven is so he can go to the outsiders and say "see, I'm putting the showmances up and I'm with you." If everything goes wrong and one of them go home he gains cred with the outsiders.

The hardest part is avoiding blame from the showmance side if that happens. But Ramses is probably a pretty safe bet as a safety net if he can get him to go up and then tell the outsiders he has no control of the votes

And Ramses is getting buried hard by Kevin so it might end up unanimous if he's next to Maven.

Its not a TERRIBLE plan if he can make Matt and Raven ok with going up. And they seem weirdly ok with that because they're dumb, bad players.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Turbl posted:

Should I feel bad for wanting Cody to win Ring of Replacement and him using it to win veto so one of Paul's pawns has to go home? The drama would be amazing.

Yes. Yes you should. This is okay pre-jury popcorn, but there's no reason to root for Cody winning anything ever.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Cody's like quintessential pre-jury boot material. Dumb hothead who gets to blow up and then go home with no one forced to live in Jury with him.

And like I argued, Paul would be totally fine if that happens and he'd just say "Ok, we gotta get Cody and Jess next week."

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/den-of-temptation-vote/

Not weird at all that Paul's kinda silly "master plan" he's been talking about for days ties in perfectly with the twist he's not supposed to know. Hell, it's normal

Fat Lowtax fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jul 7, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Paul tells Kevin he's going to try and get him as far as he can in the game, but he's gotta listen to him. Paul tells him to play dumb more. Kevin's talking jury and Paul tells him he's thinking too far ahead. Kevin admits to Paul that he voted out Jillian and says if he knew Josh was going to he would have voted Christmas to make it 7-5 so it was just the one vote to throw off.

Kevin: You and me all the way. We're going to go all the way to heaven.
Paul: Or all the way down to hell.

Cody and Jess are taking refuge in the parlor now. Jess isn't ready to go back to reality. Cody's whining about his truck.

Mark saying it went so good. Paul says Jess is going to start crying to the girls and throw Cody under the bus.

Kevin denies voting out Jillian to Alex. Ramses is a dead man walking. Alex says Ramses has some kind of special token with BB on it but she doesn't know what it is. Could Ramses have maybe found a Temptation in the HOH Comp? There's been a Temptation in each previous comp.

Matt is definitely the loud, gross eater of the house.

Mark laughing with Matt, Raven, and Elena about how Cody must have felt watching them all give each other tokens and working as a team. Matt points out that Cody going over Josh is just him picking on the "weakest" person. Elena says Cody went to him before the HOH and said he'd make sure he was the target this week. They criticize Cody being mad at Josh when he didn't give a poo poo about him for 2 weeks. Elena points out that they didn't either and Matt says they don't pretend to. Cool kids looking real good here.

Elena: Not to be a bitch, but if you want to stay then vote with us.

I sorta hope one of them goes home this week.

Cody's telling a war story about someone pulling something out of his skull so we get fish.

Fat Lowtax posted:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/den-of-temptation-vote/

Not weird at all that Paul's vague, not very good "master plan" he's been talking about for days ties in perfectly with the twist he's not supposed to know. Hell, it's normal

Backdooring plans aren't rare and literally happened last week. And if Paul had inside knowledge about the Temptation why would he come up with a plan that plays directly into the Temptation possibly screwing it?

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 8, 2017

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Jess: I don't want to go back to the real world.

lol.

Also, Paul and Mark talking about the macros on nutrition labels on house food. They seem to have a newfound respect for veggie burgers.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jason and Alex are salty about Josh and Ramses. Jason calls Ramses a "piece of poo poo." Alex wants them gone. Jason says he'll volunteer to be a pawn for Paul as long as one of them is up next to him.

The cool kids are being cocky and lovely about the outsiders. Elena relays a story about Jason saying "I guess I sealed my own fate" and she responded with "yeah, you did." Paul tries to clean up a little saying he and Alex let him cut them in the HOH. Probably set up to protect them from the block. Elena being lovely again saying "Jason isn't the target the next two weeks, but after that..."

Kevin burying Ramses more with Alex and Jason. Alex says Josh is a disgrace to his family. Everyone being kind of lovely right now. Josh comes up to them and Alex tells him to go away. Jason scolds her and says she can't do that.

Then Kevin goes and gets some thanks from the cool kids and Christmas for keeping his word. Then Kevin back with Alex and Jason to say they gotta stick together and play smart. Kevin's living dangerous. He manages to convince Alex and Jason that he's going to lie to the cool kids that he voted out Jillian to cover his rear end. They buy it. Kevin's pretty good but Alex and Jason are real dumb.

Elena keeps sucking and says she told one of the outsiders they were "irrelevant." Its easy to forget that before Cody and Jessica went mega heel the cool kids were already elitist dicks.

Paul tells Jason and Alex to chill the gently caress out and let Cody and Jessica be the targets the next two weeks. He drops Josh's name as a target the next week.
Paul: When your stupid rear end isn't on the block will you believe me?
Jason: I feel like I am!

Cool kids discussing Jessica's live show blowup at Christmas. Elena rambles about how you can't have a rational conversation with an irrational person. Christmas says "sociopaths." Christmas saying Jessica is jealous of her relationship with Elena. This group needs to get their heads out of their asses and play the game. I'm now officially pulling for an Alex HOH next week to put a scare in them.

Ramses emerges to sit uncomfortably with the outsiders and make some comments about how they should have been ok, which Alex and Jason will think is him being a snake.

Christmas babbling about them solidifying their loyalty. Dom bullshitting that she didn't "sense" anything wrong and there wasn't. Elena says she's gonna call out Jason. I sorta hate Elena.

#ChristmasBreakNews
Christmas tells Dom and Paul that she need surgery on Monday. She tells them she needs major surgery, pins and screws, a 4 month cast, and 6 month recovery. She says the injury is usually associated with horseback riding. She apologizes for not telling them and they say she didn't have to at all and promise to keep it between them. Christmas says she plans to come back on Monday night, say its a checkup, and play this out and at least she's a number for them. She doesn't plan to tell the rest of the cool kids.

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002
What's this about Jess possibly being pregnant?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I can only imagine that's some twitter yelling, but I assume its unsubstantiated nonsense.

She's saying she's sick to her stomach but she's been crying for a couple of hours and is basically having an anxiety attack over this stuff. I'm neither a doctor, woman, nor smart person but I think it takes longer than 2 weeks to start having morning sickness.

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

STAC Goat posted:

I can only imagine that's some twitter yelling, but I assume its unsubstantiated nonsense.

She's saying she's sick to her stomach but she's been crying for a couple of hours and is basically having an anxiety attack over this stuff. I'm neither a doctor, woman, nor smart person but I think it takes longer than 2 weeks to start having morning sickness.

It's in the chat for the feeds. I guess she said her period was late? Some quick Google searching showed that it takes longer, although apparently they had sex without a condom. What if your parents were those two dumb dumbs?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

STAC Goat posted:

It can take over a month even to identify pregnancy.

lol if that happens, though.

ninja: doesn't BB have loving condoms? If Survivor does, there's no excuse here.

BB: JESSICA AND CODY! STOP HAVING UNPROTECTED SEX.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jessica is a loving scumbag. Details to follow.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jess and Cody are already moving into the Have Not room. You could see this as defeatist but really I think its them further ostracizing themselves so they can avoid the consequences of their actions and pretend their victims. They'll spend all week in here and give anyone who comes in poo poo. Jess is kind of tossing Josh's stuff around since he's been living in there this whole time.

Elena's still babbling about Jason.

Paul, Kevin, Christmas, and Dom discuss whatever happened off feeds. Cody came at Josh and called him a "loving loser." Kevin saying he almost lost it. Sounds ugly.

Josh telling Jess that she never talked to him or socialized with him, he tried and she wouldn't. She's being an rear end in a top hat and ignoring him and saying she has no respect for him or interest in pretending she cares. Jess ripping into Josh and saying he's proven everything everyone says about him right and will be held accountable for his actions outside the house. She has "zero pity" for him outside the house. Josh is being perfectly fine and Jess is being horrible and a bully. Jess claiming that if he had looked her in her eyes and told the truth she'd respect him. Tell that to Elena and Raven. Josh saying Christmas dug him out of his hole but Jess won't listen. Josh says they didn't even talk to him until the day before. Jess claims that Josh told the DR that "the girl with the pacemaker is the fakest in the house." How would anyone know that? She says she hates both Josh and Raven so she doesn't care and storms out yelling "JESUS CHRIST!"

Josh: That's hosed up.
Yep.

Cody, Jason, and Alex laugh at Jess yelling at Josh. They call Josh a retard. Cody whining that he was "so close" and Josh couldn't even respect his deal. Jess storms in to rant. Josh passes through with his stuff and Jess is screaming at him. She calls him pathological. A twat. A girl. A victim. Cody jumps in to berate him and say he isn't a man and has been a victim the whole time. Kevin and Dom are trying to defuse this and get Josh to walk away. As Cody screams at him that they don't want to talk to him every again he walks away.

Josh is emotional and trying to contain himself. He tries to get into DR but someone's in there. He's crying in the bathroom and Raven hugs and consoles him. Dom tries to calm him and say its about them being terrible people. She tells them to avoid them and not entertain their stuff. She says they don't have anyone else to pounce on so they'll take advantage of him. Elena says he doesn't deserve to feel that way. Mark says he can't control what other people say. Josh says he's been abused and he's pretty right. Dom does a good job calming him. Mark says Jody can't talk to anyone and Josh can talk to them. Dom says they're looking for someone to attack because they can't deal with their own stuff. Dom says they're manipulating him. Josh regrets coming to BB.

Jessica announces that she's going to tell the DR if they don't tell Christmas to shut up she's going to snap. I don't even know where Christmas is. They're ranting about Christmas being a poison and just because she says things with a smile doesn't mean its nice.

Cody: Where do they loving find these people.

This was ugly and gently caress Jessica and Cody. They're no longer amusing villains, they're abusive bullies.

Propaganda Machine posted:

ninja: doesn't BB have loving condoms? If Survivor does, there's no excuse here.

BB: JESSICA AND CODY! STOP HAVING UNPROTECTED SEX.

BB has them in the storage room. Every year someone plays with the dental dam in there. I think its just safe to say that if you have the bad judgment to have sex with someone you just met on live internet feeds you also have the bad judgement to have unprotected sex with a stranger.

After Z went out last year Paulie boasted that he had unprotected sex with her five times. Fans were doing the same "she's pregnant!" every time she expressed some weird feeling.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jul 7, 2017

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002
Cody: "Do you really think this show will be the end of us?"

Oh yeah, because you met a week ago you're clearly the love story to end all love stories. gently caress these two and his loud kissing noises and... just ugh.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Josh says he feels like a "weak rear end little punk." Mark says people who behave like Jody don't last because no one wants to be around him. Elena says he's not weak, he's smart. Dom says a wise man know when to express himself or not and tries to make it sound like a parable. Dom, Mark, and Elena just keep calming him and letting him vent. Dom tells him to stay away from Cody because if he provokes a physical altercation they both go home.

Cody and Jessica are fantasizing about Cody coming back in a BattleBack and them having an epic story comeback. They genuinely believe they're the heroes of the story. They say Josh just wants air time and Jess won't play into it anymore. Cody says they should just stare at him. They're big on staring at people. Jess says she wants to throw something at him and Cody says she can't say that. Jess says she wants no more attention this week (I give her an hour). Jess thinks they have a chance of pulling this out and Cody laughs. She says she's a hopeless romantic and thinks this can't be happening to them. She says she wishes they could leave together and "be exposed to everything" at the same time. I repeat that I think Jess is lowkey aware that she's been horrible and has embarrassed herself.

Josh talks to the feeds and says where he hosed up was coming in with a strategy of lying and manipulating. I don't think he has but he's kind of rambling. Its the first time away from home. He's grown so much in 15 days. He's grown to care about his HGs. Says he's played honest to the people who have showed him loyalty and respect, but he doesn't owe Jody anything after they treated him like crap for 2 weeks. Agreed, Josh. He says he's not going to act out of character anymore, speak his mind, and not take disrespect. Josh is just kind of emotion and letting it out. Kevin checks in on him and when he leaves Josh says he's a great guy.

Matt and Elena are sketchy about Paul's pawn plan.

Jason's consoling Josh now. Jason says he's just taking the hits because Jody could see he was on the fence because he can't lie, and that's a good trait. Jason says he did the same thing telling Christmas he was keeping her. That's the most maturity shown tonight, good for Jason. Jason says they'll regroup. Josh doesn't want to work with Jody but Jason says no one does. Jason says he didn't want to vote Christmas out, it just played that way. Josh says the showmance alliance fell apart in 1 week so they'll fall apart again. Josh gets all "I'm with you again" and all and really its just that Josh is desperate for approval and to make people happy so he over does it when someone is good to him.

Alex is rehashing Panda Gate. I'm not really listening but there doesn't seem to be anything new.

Elena and Mark STILL whining about Jason. The best I can figure is this is just them trying to make themselves feel relevant. THEY worked (threatened) Jason and Jason deceived THEM. So clearly Jason is a target. Jason ain't going nowhere soon.

They're talking Jessica's live show outburst. Christmas says Jess was in her face all week. Dom says if it was her she'd either hit her or laugh in her face. Alex says she'd just smash them in the head with something.

Jessica saying she's ready to pack her bags and "throw down." Cody's trying to calm her down.

Has it been an hour?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jessica's having a meltdown. BB has to tell her to put on her microphone. She heard the talk in the next room between Alex, Dom, and Christmas and is disgusted by all the "personal attacks" (them criticizing her coming at Christmas). Jess says she "can't do this" and BB has to yell at her for her microphone again. Jess says she's not going to stay in the house from "a bunch of cunts." This isn't what she signed up for.

"WHO WANTS TO SEE MY HOH ROOM?!"

Nice timing.

Jess skips it and goes to DR but Cody surprisingly goes. He tells her "see ya,"

Paul asks where Jess is and Cody says DR. That confuses Paul and Christmas since Paul just left the DR. They wait awkwardly for her for awhile but then Paul gives up and goes in.

Jessica might be self evicting.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
It's always shocking to me how delusional people can get when they're locked in a house. Especially this early on. Like, I almost wish there was a third party, objective referee who could come in and tell Jessica she had a chance to get a grip on reality when Cody blindsided his alliance but she decided to dig deeper. Of course, that would suck and we wouldn't be getting the meltdown we're getting now.

A question about Kevin's vote: have we figured it out yet? Did he see which way the majority was swinging and change or was he really that tight-lipped about where he was truly throwing his vote? Because he's done a pretty good job of not only covering but burying someone else, so I'd like to think some of it is purposeful.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

No idea. We'll probably need a DR. He was getting antsy this afternoon and looked like he might be flipping or something but no idea if was genuinely nervous or just playing it up.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Paul's hoh letter from his mom had the first half entirely devoted to talking about all of his pets growing old and being near death and he stared at it for a solid 20 minutes looking genuinely freaked out

I'd wager there's 50/50 odds that Jessica physically assaults someone in the next 24 hours too

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

HOH music is Drake. Cody stands awkwardly at the door. Reads a letter from his mom. Dos Equis. Paul's got no use for the "Last One To Stay" game and invites people to leave twice in five minutes and Josh rushes out to go to head. Jess wanders in and Cody asks how she is. "I'm fine." I didn't think drugs worked that fast. Cody and Jess bail after a few minutes and everyone in the HOH gives a look and notes how awkward they are.

Cody: Now I can breath.

Cody takes a piss and silently passes Josh in the bathroom. Then Josh gets some water and he and Jess silently pass.

Jessica: I'm gonna snap.
Gonna?

Alex gets called to the DR and Jess says they have to get out of there before people come down or she'll lose it. She has some term for them but I can't catch it. They go to Have Nots and Cody complains about how bad the rear end kissing and fake laughs were in HOH. "its alllllll fake." The funny thing is, people actually like Paul. Jess is complaining about the Alex, Dom, Christmas thing. She says that them saying they would have hit her is a "threat" (I don't think that's how it works). She says if she hears it again she's going after them. Jess and Cody go to bed.

Cody: Don't quit on me.
Jess: I don't make promises I can't keep.

She doesn't have the patience for "something like that again." She's going to go after them next time and she doesn't want to look like a psychopath (too late!). Cody calls her bluff and suggests confronting them together and she says "why, so they an all gang up on me?"

HOH is down to Paul, Dom, Elena, Mark, and Christmas and I'm realizing I didn't even notice Christmas getting upstairs. I guess its not that hard. A flashback reveals she hopped up on her rear end. Not bad.

Matt and Raven have joined and Paul lays out his plan to the whole crew. He wants to pawn Matt/Raven so he can control the POV as best as he can, and then backdoor Cody. Matt has problems with this and suggests just putting up Jess and Cody but its shot down with the whole "we always have to backdoor" nonsense. Mark pushes back hard. They're all raising some obvious problems and suggesting Alex and Jason and Paul is shooting them down. Christmas has some bad idea that she withdraws when its pointed out why its bad. They argue about what Ramses Curse actually is.

Kevin: gently caress me, what the gently caress am I doing?

Kevin complains a little to Jason about the fact that they're sitting down there while everyone talks so he goes up to HOH. Good for him. More and more pushing back and forth. Mark is getting fired up and he leaves with Elena. Josh joins and it keeps going. Lots of back and forth until Ramses shows up and brekas up the talk.

Jess is whining that she didn't "do well socially" in high school. All the girls are followers. Raven's jealous of Jess/Cody. Elena has no friends. D is bipolar and thinks she deserves everything on a silver plate. Alex acts like a bad rear end but "sucks dick" when the tables turn. "And then there's Christmas. I am not a beta female, I am an alpha female." See? Its everyone else.

Alex asks Jason why Josh made "the stupidest move ever". Jason doesn't care anymore. Alex wants to know what they promised him. They don't seem to notice that Josh is sitting in HOH strategizing. Alex is going to claw their eyes out if they keep Jess around to Jury. Jason thinks they're going to never put her up just to torture her. Alex says Kevin is destroyed by Ramses' betrayal. Ramses joins and tries to convince them that he didn't flip.

Alex: When the show airs, it will all be figured out.
Ramses: But I'm screwed.
Alex: Yeah. We all are.

Mark is really pushing back on Paul and he's bringing up the Temptations as a wildcard. Paul's also found a decent argument that the "Housemate's Choice" chips are in their control if they have pawns up. Christmas doesn't understand POV rules and causes brief confusion.

Elena pulls Mark into the parlor because she thinks he's pushing too hard and angry. Mark's not happy with... Christmas? Christmas had a dumb idea and Elena points out she admitted it was dumb and stopped. Mark always seems to blame the girl. He's fuming at Christmas. Elena's trying to defuse it. Mark thinks Christmas was condescending and dismissive. Elena didn't see it but she wasn't looking for it.

Elena: Is there some deep seeded issue with Christmas?

Mark: God, I miss my emotions when I was just sad and confused. Now I'm angry.
Elena: Yeah, I need you somewhere in the middle.

Ramses comes up to HOH and finally breaks up the endless talk.

Paul goes down to Mark still furious at Christmas and Paul tries to defuse it. Paul says Christmas has "the worst ideas in the house" but says the point of the talk is just to get all the ideas out. He suggests Kevin and Ramses as pawns. Then Raven and one outsider. He's all over the place

Kevin fills Jason and Alex in on the HOH mess. Jessica comes by and they fill her in. Jessica lasts 1 minute before she starts ranting about Josh and everyone betraying her and how sick to her stomach she is. They're all disillusioned. Jason wants out before jury so he can go home and work. Alex and Jason tell Jessica to take Ramses' blankets for Have Nots. Kevin tries to stop them saying it will just start a fight (maybe he feels guilty?). They complain about everyone giving Paul their tickets. They think Paul had an edge because he did the Candy Crush TV show. Paul comes by and pretends he doesn't know.

Jason: They think jury is some great thing. gently caress jury!
Jason: gently caress, what have I done! What have I done!

Paul talks to Alex. He tells her Jason's really loving up. He's seemingly given up on Maven and is trying to talk Alex into going up as a pawn. He's trying to sell the idea of Alex/Josh pawns, Cody backdoor, and the Ramses backup. Alex randomly brings up Dom as a problem (dumb) And Paul says "later." Blah blah blah. He promises to use the POV on Alex. Paul says Jessica is going to try and kiss the outsiders' asses.

Dom is checking on Mark now and Mark's still fuming while saying he's got past it. Dom is having the same drat talk she's had with him half a dozen times about controlling his emotions. Dom hints on what we all know and asks if he'd feel the same if it was Matt and not Christmas. Mark hesitates and says it would be the same. Blah blah blah. Dom says he's "sticking out" and people are taking note about his emotions being out of control.

Paul pissed off Kevin in that talk and Kevin's trying to rally the outsiders a little and suggesting working with Jody. Little late on that, Kevin. He's trying to get them past the witch hunt for the votes and just unite against the cool kids. Kevin ends up going to Christmas to complain. Christmas says Paul's trying to figure out the best approach. Kevin asks why not just put Jody up so one goes home (duh) but Christmas doesn't understand the POV rules. Kevin's fired up now but he's convinced Christmas that Cody/Jessica noms are the right idea.

Kevin: He's upstairs making more scenarios!

This is exhausting. Paul's making a mess of an easy HOH because he's trying to play too cute.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jul 7, 2017

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I'm watching the fallout since Paul's HOH win and I an absolutely delighted watching Jessica and Cody's fall from grace. I don't particularly like the fact Paul won but with his immunity what better way to burn a week than with an HOH win. He's only safe next week then he is back down in the streets.

Cody and Jessica did everything wrong the very first HOH week (the loooong week). They hooked up, they hosed and continued to ostracize themselves from the rest of the house. It's a big uphill climb to get out from under and neither have any inclination to right their sinking ship and change or at the least behave and cohabitate with "the rubes".

Cody and Jessica's crew abandoned them rightfully so but yet they are pity partying and claiming victim. gently caress those two self-righteous pricks. They reap what they have sewn.

And Paul's possible hair-brained ideas are only gonna leave them stewing. Dare I say Friendship Week could be the best week? I say this not as the biggest Paul fan too.

edit: *** FOR THE RECORD: I'm like 4 hours behind STAC Goat's recaps ***

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jul 7, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Paul's out of his mind and is basically manic playing like Vanessa, if Vanessa was kind of stupid.

Alex has agreed to being a pawn with Josh. Dumb, Alex. Paul sold it as some kind of double swerve against the cool kids or some nonsense. Paul sells it with the Cody angle saying he won't do it if she isn't comfortable but everyone else were scared and stupid but he knows she's a gamer. Somehow he also convinces Alex into apologizing to Josh. Paul basically proposes a F2 to Alex and wants to eventually find a 3rd who is "not stupid". Alex identifies Jason as in fact "stupid." Paul says they might be able to train them. Paul talks about how he can just play Josh's ego and call him "the secret weapon" and make him feel like part of the team to get him to be a pawn. He says something about live feeders not voting a Temptation that would gently caress Paul. Now I kinda want Cody to get the RIng of Replacement. See what you did to me, Paul?

Christmas is telling Josh to gently caress Jody and he doesn't owe Cody anything. "Shithead."

Christmas joins Mark and Elena not knowing the peril. Christmas asks if she's crazy for thinking the best idea is just putting Jessica and Cody up together and sending whoever is left home. Mark says he just doesn't want any of "us" to go up. Christmas says if they keep talking about "us" they're going to lose people and make it seem like "they're the outsiders and we're the cool kids." Christmas is stealing my lingo. Elena pushes back just kind of out of instinct. She says Paul really doesn't want Cody to have a chance to win POV and get at HOH, but Christmas points out Paul is safe next week. Mark keeps interrupting to say "I just got passionate but I'm not mad!" really awkwardly because Christmas doesn't know he was mad at her. Christmas doesn't get why they were talking game with Kevin and Josh and Mark agrees.

Christmas heads up to HOH just as Alex and Josh have named their new alliance the "AMFs" - "Asian Mother Fucker and Armenian Mother Fucker". I think that's the first official named of the season. Too bad Paul is playing Alex.

Josh and Mark are bonding over being a pair of big emotional basketcases.

Paul tells Christmas that people are looking at them together so they have to be careful about her sleeping in HOH with him and being too linked. Christmas tells Paul that Kevin got sketched out by that HOH talk. Christmas doesn't get why they're talking with people outside their alliance, including Alex. Paul says he was talking her into being a pawn. Dom, Raven, and Matt join. Paul says they were all right about his Maven nom and he doesn't want to risk them because he loves them. He tells them of his Alex/Josh pawn plans. Now Kevin's here. Kevin's done a good job forcing his way into game talk tonight. Christmas and Kevin suggest Cody/Jess noms but Paul says Cody is his target, not Jessica. Christmas asks what happens if Cody gets pulled for POV and they're left with Alex/Josh. Raven, Matt, and Dom are confused. Christmas tries to talk Josh off the block and it gets lost in the combination of Paul's manic gaming and the alliance's mass game ignorance.

Elena is telling Ramses to put his rear end on the block so he's up there against Cody. Elena doesn't think Ramses is a threat, just as Paul is telling HOH crew that Ramses is Option #3 if Cody gets picked for POV and wins. Ramses is still trying to convince her that he didn't vote out Jillian and thinks Jason and Alex are screwing him.

Mark joins HOH. Paul sells them on Ramses being the third nominee as the solution to Cody possibly winning POV. No one asks what happens if Ramses wins POV. Mark tosses out the Jess/Cody thing again and somehow Paul's convinced the geniuses that Ramses is a better second target than Jess. Paul finally brings up the idea of Ramses winning POV and he says then they can decide who to vote out but he'd like to get rid of the headache of Josh. Dirty, Paul. Dirty. Christmas was talking to Kevin so I'm not sure if she caught it or not.

Paul's done a good job cleaning up his mess as everyone, including Kevin, seem appeased and on board after him really pissing everyone off earlier.

Paul sells Josh pretty easily largely on the idea that it will piss Cody off so much for Josh to be the one to win POV and do him in. The entire time Dom is listening to Drake and randomly yelling out. Josh gets Paul to promise to pull him off the block if he wins the POV (just like Alex).

So its Alex/Josh noms, Cody backdoor, Ramses as the third nominee and backup target. Jessica safe. Alex and Josh in a position where if Ramses wins POV Paul hosed them. Never agree to be a pawn.

Kevin: The only thing that shoots straight here is the stars at night.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Watching last night's feeds. Paul's hard sell to Alex is...actually really good. It's stupid of her to agree, but Paul might actually be good at this. He's kind of overplaying (why not just actually nominate both Cody and Jess?) but he'd probably be able to sell me a used car.

Cameras 3/4, 1am 7/7.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Around 1:45am Josh finally gets upstairs for Paul to work him.

At the same time, Christmas and Elena are in the pantry. Apparently Elena has severe dietary restrictions. Christmas recommends that the hide her breakfast yogurts at the back of one of the produce drawers in the fridge, since "nobody ever looks there."

I got all access to watch old Survivor and Star Trek, and this is quickly coming to feel like a poor life choice.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Or the best.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm watching Josh say mouth words for my own personal entertainment.

Poor life choice.

Also Paul got Kettle Chips and Cheetos for his HoH luxury food and the crunching eating noises make me want to shed this mortal coil.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Wow, Christmas loving hates the rodeo clown. He broke her foot and then voted for her eviction, I guess.

She's getting goodwill and agreement for this opinion.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jason broke her foot and Kevin is doing an amazing job making everyone think he voted for Christmas (he didn't.)

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Max posted:

Jason broke her foot and Kevin is doing an amazing job making everyone think he voted for Christmas (he didn't.)

Yeah I ninja'ed, I meant Jason.

There are too many people in this house and I'm already bad with names.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I know they are worried about the Cody Veto, but not putting Cody and Jessie up together to guarantee one goes home is a misplay. Relying on the backdoor is a pointless risk. Cody can still get a veto if he is not nominated.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
2:55, Mark and Elena are being hilarious with Paul in HoH.

I take back what I said about production. These asshats don't give a gently caress about sound. The mixer could cut the crunching bullshit, but they don't because I guess somebody could say something irrelevant between chomps. loving hell. This poo poo is gross.

Toasty: Paul is selling the line that Cody getting to play veto is a 1/16 chance (two player's choice chips are in the bag.) It's not aggressively bad, but it's also not good.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

As much as I dislike Cody and Jess I'm hoping Paul's plan blows up in his face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I really don't get what Paul's play is here but whatever.

Gonna laugh when Ramses wins POV and he fucks himself.

• Locked thread