Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

EorayMel posted:

If you don't use the kunai with a joker build to orally purge the evil from your disciple's soul before turning him over to the righteous side of crime, you're doing it wrong :colbert:
I get them on my side with a liberal application of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

tweet my meat posted:

What are the quickest and easiest heists to solo stealth? I enjoy playing with friends but am wanting to grind out some cash to start unlocking things. unfortunately playing solo is a dreadful slog that takes 90% of the fun out of the game so I just want to get the grind over with so I can get to a decent level to flesh out my skill tree and unlock guns.
You can do Diamond Store solo stealth in ~12 minutes if you get it down to a science. Gives tons of XP and has a decent payout, too, I believe.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

You can do Diamond Store solo stealth in ~12 minutes if you get it down to a science. Gives tons of XP and has a decent payout, too, I believe.

Diamond store has become much less reliable on higher difficulties once they fixed a bug: the side door into the security room isn't always supposed to spawn.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Diamond store has become much less reliable on higher difficulties once they fixed a bug: the side door into the security room isn't always supposed to spawn.
This is where a saw, Stockholm Syndrome, ECMs that don't block pagers and some good cover game come into play.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

maswastaken posted:

This is where a saw, Stockholm Syndrome, ECMs that don't block pagers and some good cover game come into play.

Then one of the security guards somehow squeezes off a shot and breaks one of the display cases. :doh:

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
What are the new rewards for crime spree?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

clockworkjoe posted:

What are the new rewards for crime spree?

~9 new armors (bicolor patterns) is all so far.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

tweet my meat posted:

What are the quickest and easiest heists to solo stealth? I enjoy playing with friends but am wanting to grind out some cash to start unlocking things. unfortunately playing solo is a dreadful slog that takes 90% of the fun out of the game so I just want to get the grind over with so I can get to a decent level to flesh out my skill tree and unlock guns.

For raw speed (quick completions means more card flips for mods/mask materials), Mallcrasher is the way to go. Bring grenades and you can trigger the helicopter within a minute and be out in under five.

For easy solo cash? I'd go with Ukrainian Job. Jewelry Store isn't good since in that most of the bags are worth gently caress-all. Bank: Gold is probably a decent alternative - more cash, but takes a bit longer.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Discendo Vox posted:

~9 new armors (bicolor patterns) is all so far.

is there a list and what spree levels you get them from?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

clockworkjoe posted:

is there a list and what spree levels you get them from?

I can't compile a list atm, but ther 's no order. The patterns drop one at a time every ~120 spree levels. Which you get is random but you get no duplicates. The fastest route is thus just to get to 1 armor from zero, end the spree to cash it in, and repeat.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

I can't wait for the week lock to pass so I can give you guys the weapons skins I'll never use that I've accumulated on my quest to get a Nitro skin for my CAR 4.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

juliuspringle posted:

I can't wait for the week lock to pass so I can give you guys the weapons skins I'll never use that I've accumulated on my quest to get a Nitro skin for my CAR 4.

sell them, buy the skin you want.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Tempest_56 posted:

For raw speed (quick completions means more card flips for mods/mask materials), Mallcrasher is the way to go. Bring grenades and you can trigger the helicopter within a minute and be out in under five.

For easy solo cash? I'd go with Ukrainian Job. Jewelry Store isn't good since in that most of the bags are worth gently caress-all. Bank: Gold is probably a decent alternative - more cash, but takes a bit longer.
I agree with this. Mallcrasher isnt stealth but you can get it done so fast it doesnt matter, just let the bots and jokers distract the cops till the heli arrives. Ukrainian Job can be done in about 5 minutes once you optimize your steps; the majority of that time is waiting for the drills to drill. Then you drop an ECM, grab a bag or two of loot from the front of the store, and leave through a window (the metal detectors work if you go through the door). Back Heist: Gold also gives a +10% XP bonus if you complete it in Stealth.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The metal detectors in Ukrainian aren't actually hardwired to alert the police- they just make an "alarm" sound that makes everyone in a wide radius uncool.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
it's hysterical to lock down the map and then intentionally trigger the metal detector to flip people out

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Solo Stealth For Fun & Profit

Jewelry Store/Ukrainian Job OD
Diamond Store OD
Election Day OD (the payoff's meh but the +20% stealth bonus to a Diamond Store or subsequent loud heist is worthwhile)
Firestarter is a loud day and two solo-stealthable ones.
Murky Station OD
Shadow Raid OD (reward's poo poo for the time investment)
Harvest & Trustee bank heists OD
Car Shop :v: (no, don't actually do this)

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I agree with this. Mallcrasher isnt stealth but you can get it done so fast it doesnt matter, just let the bots and jokers distract the cops till the heli arrives.

Key for surviving Mallcrasher: take Armorer, buy one can of gas and light up the fitness center. Once it's ablaze, duck behind the L-shaped counter and wait. The fire doesn't entirely reach there and cops can't/won't path to you because of the fire. You're basically 100% safe as long as you stay behind there. When the heli arrives, sprint for the exit that's about twenty yards away. Armorer gives you 2s of invulnerability, which is more than enough to get in the zone and trigger the escape even if you get downed immediately once you're there. (Of course since you're doing Mallcrasher for cards/Gage packages there's no real need to do it on high difficulty, but still this is drat near risk-free.)

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Tempest_56 posted:

Mallcrashers has the best XP/Time/Cash/Fun ratio - you should be able to reach 50K on your own within 30 seconds.

Just walk right in, mask up, throw a Grenade into the shoe store, up the escalators and throw a second into the boltto (liquor store), then dash over to the pear store to throw your last grendade before getting your LMG rock and roll on at the skylights then any other assorted glass. A rocket launcher can speed up this process, my record is about 25 seconds solo from the start.

Then you cower in the bag store until the chopper spawns, or just sprint around mowing down cops-

Tempest_56 posted:

Key for surviving Mallcrasher: take Armorer, buy one can of gas and light up the fitness center. Once it's ablaze, duck behind the L-shaped counter and wait. The fire doesn't entirely reach there and cops can't/won't path to you because of the fire. You're basically 100% safe as long as you stay behind there.

Huh, neat.

It's like when you could set one of the clothing stores on fire then stand on the counters and not be impacted by the fire.

Rougey fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 3, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

chairface posted:

Solo Stealth For Fun & Profit

Jewelry Store/Ukrainian Job OD
Diamond Store OD
Election Day OD (the payoff's meh but the +20% stealth bonus to a Diamond Store or subsequent loud heist is worthwhile)
Firestarter is a loud day and two solo-stealthable ones.
Murky Station OD
Shadow Raid OD (reward's poo poo for the time investment)
Harvest & Trustee bank heists OD
Car Shop :v: (no, don't actually do this)

Don't forget Mallcrasher OD!

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

gently caress Car Shop.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
The Car Shop escape is literally the developers being dicks just for the hell of it. After doing the hardest parts of the heist, in order to complete it you need to park in a container with lovely controls and then get out and go to the escape van. There is absolutely every chance that you can still fail despite having perfectly completed the actual stealth portions of the heist.

Just end it when players reach the docks, after all they have already stolen the loving cars and this isn't a car parking simulator.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
What gets to me about Car Shop is how much better the rationale could have been for its failure state: make the time limit count down to when the car's ignition deactivates. The cars are very clearly protected by GenSec, so they would logically have some kind of remote disabling system.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Yeah but on the other hand GenSec's keyboards are all one time use. Logical rationale is clearly not their forte.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

juliuspringle posted:

gently caress Car Shop.

I disagree, when I play that and to a greater extent goat simulator day 2 I get to fully reenact this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvonsFvHPp4&t=636s

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Rest in peace stealth flamethrower, we hardly knew ye.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Me: *Kills 290 policemen in 15 minutes on the way to completing DW The Diamond*

Random pubby (50 kills) at exp screen: That wasn't so hard.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
So what are the pro perk decks? I'm sticking to overkill until infamy 5 and hitman on overkill makes everything a breeze but no one else seems to like it. I feel like I'm constantly being chip damaged to death so having that guaranteed armor refill is the bees knees. I rarely go down.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

FalloutGod posted:

So what are the pro perk decks? I'm sticking to overkill until infamy 5 and hitman on overkill makes everything a breeze but no one else seems to like it. I feel like I'm constantly being chip damaged to death so having that guaranteed armor refill is the bees knees. I rarely go down.

Not Hitman. (Some people can make Hitman work but it's really not good for the average player.) Most stuff will work if you build properly for it, though a few decks are sub-par/inferior to another similar deck. Super short overview:

Easy But Good:
- Muscle is simple, good and easy to use. Basically the perfect newbie deck and still decent enough at higher levels.
- Anarchist is great for turning ICTV into a near-literal tank, but really shines with a suit/LBV so you're running around at crazy speeds with ICTV-level armor.
- Grinder is strictly light armor only, but it's solid for keeping you alive for doing things you were going to be anyway.
- Burglar is the best for stealth, but really only good for stealth.

Harder But Still Good:
- Crook and Sicario are both great for dodge with a ballistic vest (LBV or HBV) and really shine with Hostage Taker and Sneaky Bastard. I think Sicario's better these days, but it needs a bit more care in smart use of the smoke grenade.
- Infiltrator is a great tanky deck for close-range heists but loses a lot when caught in the open/long range
- Crew Chief can be good, but you need to build for it and really succeeds best with a team made to work with it.
- Gambler is a little dicey at times to use - it's a huge help for the team and can keep you going fine, but the need to run out into fire to get ammo pickups to not die can bite you in the rear end at times.
- Biker is kind of a heavy armor Grinder. Requires a bit more care in building and is a bit weaker, but it works as a carry deck since it gives you health and armor off the whole team's murder sprees.
- Kingpin is Muscle+. It needs a fair bit more care with timing, but you can get amazing results if you're smart with it.

So-So:
- Rogue is kinda generally worse than Crook/Sicario since you get a marginal dodge increase for significantly less armor. Slightly better odds for less margin of error, and it isn't a great tradeoff. Still strong on One Down, but that's because One Down is weird.
- Armorer is kinda a slightly worse Anarchist. Can be better in specific circumstances, but generally not as good.
- Sociopath, like Infiltrator, works best at close ranges. The downside is that it relies on you personally killing things at a fairly brisk pace and so drops off as you hit difficulties where fast killing is a problem. The panic is great, however.
- Ex-President is basically Grinder but worse. More likely to get you killed and more likely to waste the healing. Basically mandatory to pair with Bullseye and Sneaky Bastard.
- Maniac scales really poorly. 30 to 40-ish damage absorption is crazy powerful at mid-difficulties (and has great synergy with some other decks) but has issues at high level without assistance.

Meh:
- Hitman is functional. Basically demands Hostage Taker for higher difficulties and still isn't amazing then. Is far, far better than it used to be.

Trash:
- Yakuza is bad. Straight up bad.

Chairface Tier:
- Insert Crew Chief/Gambler/Maniac/* hype here. His setup does amazing things, but it's not really what you're asking for.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

FalloutGod posted:

It depends on your build. I'm not up to speed on what the current hotness is, but Armorer is always a solid choice, Anarchist (used to) have some pro builds around it - but kind of a glass cannon if you ever lost armor. Dodge builds have a couple different ones, but I think recent changes affected those, anything I said would be speculation.

Really though, for playing on OK, with a good squad or once you get used to the game pretty much any perk deck is viable. It's more a matter of understanding the various intricacies of each heist, knowing where cops are likely to spawn, and killing as fast as possible. Are you playing with bots, pubs, or goons?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Can somebody give me a rundown on the revolvers? I love my bronco for pocket sniping and I tried out the castigo, but I can't hit poo poo with it and the reload sucks. Haven't tried the mateba yet. Played around with the peacemaker and I get great results for it... until I need to spend ages to reload. The longer reload times on those things are really painful for me and I don't notice any new thresholds being broken using the higher powered guns. I want to like them but... I can't.

Although this is coming from a dude whose main playstyle is this with a minigun without any skills in pumping up pistols :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvonsFvHPp4&t=636s

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Bronco's better if you don't care about conceal because it's 8ish accuracy and 20ish better stability, if you want conceal at all costs you can mod the bronco to have like 70 accuracy and zero stab but 33 conceal. However of your good with like 98 accuracy and 32 stab with 28 conceal the Castigo shines.

Don't use the Matver

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

matever can put on a laser sight. also the reload is cool, but much longer than the bronco.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Man Hoxout day 1 on One Down really is something. It's really just a series of shouting Inspire revives, Swan Songing, and placing Doctor Bags at crucial points all while moving the drat truck along. :suicide:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

TopHatGenius posted:

Man Hoxout day 1 on One Down really is something. It's really just a series of shouting Inspire revives, Swan Songing, and placing Doctor Bags at crucial points all while moving the drat truck along. :suicide:

Get jokers immediately. They make all the difference in the world.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

TopHatGenius posted:

Sounds like a perfect replica of Hoxton Breakout on Deathwish back in the day.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Discendo Vox posted:

Get jokers immediately. They make all the difference in the world.

I know but god drat soo many tasers. I can't count how many times I've tried to convert a cop just to get tased and instantly kill my hostage.

And now I ALMOST beat day 1 but then I crashed. :suicide::suicide:

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
So what's the deal with perk decks? What are the good ones for various playstyles and are there any really fun gimmick ones?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

tweet my meat posted:

So what's the deal with perk decks? What are the good ones for various playstyles and are there any really fun gimmick ones?
Scroll up like seven, maybe eight, posts.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Wow I don't know how I missed that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Question about anarchist, when you have the lose 50% hp for 100% armor and the 50% hp for 120% armor perks, do they stack or does it just take the highest one?