Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I went in for printed versions of all 3 books because i'm bad with money and also because they'll be sweet as hell.

EDIT: Every RPG system should be required to have the flowcharts FE does though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
X-Case, a modular transport and display case for minis, is back on Kickstarter after failing to hit their goal the last time. I saw their cases at ReaperCon, and they seemed pretty cool. They seem to be doing better this time, so hopefully it funds.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Anyone who has purchased dwarven forge terrain have a review? Looking at backing their existing KS.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Huh. My bank is now telling me that they can't process my payment to the Fragged Empires Kickstarter because it's in Australia and that's a "banned destination" for reasons the person I spoke to could not explain.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
It's not a game (yet) but Simon Stålenhag's new project is up. You may remember him from Tales from the Loop/Tales from the Flood which got made into the rpg of the same name, no idea if this will get made into one as well but at the very least it looks very gameable if you want inspiration.

Rand Brittain posted:

Huh. My bank is now telling me that they can't process my payment to the Fragged Empires Kickstarter because it's in Australia and that's a "banned destination" for reasons the person I spoke to could not explain.

Some people can't let that whole "settled by convicts" thing go I guess?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Rand Brittain posted:

Weird. He did say that he could take PayPal payments instead of CC, you'd just have to get ahold of him and have him send you his paypal email.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Rand Brittain posted:

What bank do you use? Some local establishment, or a major institution?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Mr.Trifecta posted:

Anyone who has purchased dwarven forge terrain have a review? Looking at backing their existing KS.

My DM uses it and it is quality for square layouts. Anything organic is hopeless and you are better off with grid squares.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Rand Brittain posted:

I successfully backed Fragged Empires, and my bank is a subsidiary of St. George and Westpac, the person you spoke to is immensely full of poo poo and trying badly to cover up some kind of mistake.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Anyone know anything about this 'Soul Drive' system?

This looks like someone's take on Shadowrun, but the visual design on all this is killer. They don't talk much about the system, though.

E: looks like it's class-based, tho

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jul 6, 2017

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Got the book for the Ki Khanga kickstarter last night. I assumed it was going to be a Dungeon World sized book but it's full sized.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I hopped on for the 3 physical Fragged Empires books, the settings seemed great and my usual group was anxious to give them a shot (should serve as a nice reprieve after Starfinder this Fall). Am I right in my understanding that I'll need to also pick up the Fragged Empires CRB?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Agrias120 posted:

I hopped on for the 3 physical Fragged Empires books, the settings seemed great and my usual group was anxious to give them a shot (should serve as a nice reprieve after Starfinder this Fall). Am I right in my understanding that I'll need to also pick up the Fragged Empires CRB?
Yes you are. You can probably add it on once the BackerKit comes out.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

poo poo. I didn't back because I couldn't find the option for a physical core book.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

moths posted:

poo poo. I didn't back because I couldn't find the option for a physical core book.

You could try contacting Wade through KS? He's a pretty nice guy; back when I bought the physical core book, he hooked me up with the PDF when all I asked about was an errata document.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I'm hoping to check out a physical copy of FE at Gencon. Here's hoping someone has it since they don't have a booth.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world

Cat Face Joe posted:

Got the book for the Ki Khanga kickstarter last night. I assumed it was going to be a Dungeon World sized book but it's full sized.

Oooo I really wanted that, but couldn't back it at the time. What are your first impressions?

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Last day for me to pledge my dosh for Rising Sun, my brother keeps pestering me to do it. Telling me to get all the upgrades, that he'll pay half of the 211 total, but we've haven't squeezed the life out of Kemet yet. The chrome calls to me but I'm still fence sitting.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

Quixotic1 posted:

Last day for me to pledge my dosh for Rising Sun, my brother keeps pestering me to do it. Telling me to get all the upgrades, that he'll pay half of the 211 total, but we've haven't squeezed the life out of Kemet yet. The chrome calls to me but I'm still fence sitting.

Blood Rage completely replaced Kemet for my group. With Rising Sun being Blood Rage 2.0 I decided to back it, but no way I'm getting those metal coins. Plenty of other options.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

djfooboo posted:

I'm hoping to check out a physical copy of FE at Gencon. Here's hoping someone has it since they don't have a booth.

Indie Press Revolution should hopefully have the corebook, at least.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

BioTech posted:

no way I'm getting those metal coins. Plenty of other options.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAPAN-5-YEN...ZcAAMXQ-3NRmqMv

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Not a bad racket, buy 500 yen from a bank for $4 and turn around and sell it for $17.50..

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Not a bad racket, buy 500 yen from a bank for $4 and turn around and sell it for $17.50..

Yeah, but when get it from the bank, it's just worthless change. When you get it from the Internet, it's a craft good!

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Rand Brittain posted:

I had that issue trying to buy ebooks from games workshop/black library in the UK and trying to become a patron of Secret World Legends (Norway). My bank told me they were banned due to too many scams coming out of those countries. When I argued they told me they could give me a pin number that makes it usable only if I fly to that country to pay in person...

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm actually running a game for my IRL group. We're only like two sessions in, though.

If you're willing, I'd be interested in a progress report once you're far enough in to feel comfortable doing one. I'm hoping to run a game once my schedule frees up, and it would be nice to get thoughts from people actually running campaigns.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Oooo I really wanted that, but couldn't back it at the time. What are your first impressions?

All I've done is crack it to a random page and then take this photo. I might have a chance to sit down with it this weekend.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
The One Shot Podcast network is producing a live-streamed campaign of PvP sessions called The Dungeon Dome, and just launched a campaign to buy the performers' and producers' time: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oneshotpodcast/dungeon-dome-season-1

Retweets and Facebook shares will get James to give his dog a treat and tell him he's a very good boy.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Mors Rattus posted:

Anyone know anything about this 'Soul Drive' system?

This looks like someone's take on Shadowrun, but the visual design on all this is killer. They don't talk much about the system, though.

E: looks like it's class-based, tho

quote:

. I work in my local game store, write short stories, and for the last five years I have worked full time as a game master. I have created over 15 campaigns, all using a mixture of the cyberpunk and fantasy genres.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Vikings: Great Hall Burning (28mm tabletop wargaming)

I can't speak for the game, but I have some of their terrain and minis, and Acheson makes really good stuff

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Covok posted:

Say it with me, folks: Heartbreakers are here again! Praise 5e!

D&D really does break people's brains, and I'm not sure how or why it does this. I know plenty of people (myself included) who started with D&D and then moved on to greener pastures. But then you have Kickstarters like this for a fantasy heartbreaker, and it's clear that it's still breaking brains in TYOOL 2017.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

LuiCypher posted:

D&D really does break people's brains, and I'm not sure how or why it does this. I know plenty of people (myself included) who started with D&D and then moved on to greener pastures. But then you have Kickstarters like this for a fantasy heartbreaker, and it's clear that it's still breaking brains in TYOOL 2017.
:agreed:
My friends and I moved on to Gloomhaven for the best D&D dungeon crawling experience. I'd kill for some Gloomhaven reskins scifi heartbreakers

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

LuiCypher posted:

I've gotten a few groups into rollplaying over the years and the problem is everyone WANTS to start with D&D. Its what they've heard of and they want to be a elf wizard and chuck a D20. Its annoying because I like the fun group story telling over arrow counting.

I'm trying a thing now, where the D&D wizards are going to quantum leap them into other realities and run some one shots in different systems as a secret introduction to dice light and rules lite systems. Then you get to play all the wacky crazy you have been 'collecting'

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I've been curious for a while, but where does the term heartbreaker come from?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

GrandpaPants posted:

http://www.indie-rpgs.com/articles/9/

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

GrandpaPants posted:

An article by the creator of Sorcerer and Trollbabe, Ron Edwards, where he uses the term to refer to games that have good ideas but are constrained by their inability to escape D&D's design principles and design a game that isn't just D&D.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

Chill la Chill posted:

:agreed:
My friends and I moved on to Gloomhaven for the best D&D dungeon crawling experience. I'd kill for some Gloomhaven reskins scifi heartbreakers

Mantic has Star Saga scheduled for release this fall, a sci-fi take on their Dungeon Saga game.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

darnon posted:

Mantic has Star Saga scheduled for release this fall, a sci-fi take on their Dungeon Saga game.

Does it promise to be a better game or is it just based reskin?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Mojo Jojo posted:

Does it promise to be a better game or is it just based reskin?

It'll be a based on feedback and experience 2.0 of the original rules, that people hope get backported to the first game

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
I backed Star Saga hoping on improvement, but our table of players thought Dungeon Saga was just dreadful and we gave up on playing it anymore after about six scenarios. Hopefully Star Saga makes substantial improvements, and hopefully those improvements can make Dungeon Saga better by proxy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

GaistHeidegger posted:

I backed Star Saga hoping on improvement, but our table of players thought Dungeon Saga was just dreadful and we gave up on playing it anymore after about six scenarios. Hopefully Star Saga makes substantial improvements, and hopefully those improvements can make Dungeon Saga better by proxy.

Yeah I played the first couple of tutorial maps which were incredibly tedious then I looked at the full rules and was gobsmacked at how half arsed they were.

That said the tiles and minis are the major expense, so they should be able to start from scratch to make something fun and sell a few decks of cards and a book