Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

willroc7 posted:

How are you guys recording your games?

edit: also LOL what was the guy in the UAZ thinking?

I just use the nvida geforce experience. ALT+Z and either record the entire match or have it set to save an amount of my previous game from when I click save.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Alternatively I use OBS and now that I've had a chance to optimize my settings it works amazingly well. It's more complicated but also a little more versatile. For being a built in part of Nvidia cards, Shadow play works surprisingly great though.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I use shadowplay as well and it works great.

A mate and I had the weirdest duo game ever, we landed in prison (crater), got two easy kills each and took it over. However, we got poo poo for guns and almost no medical items at all (I think one first aid kit and a few bandages). The zone spawns on georgopol so we start heading west - with no cars near the prison or along the road it's a long run. Anyway the blue overtakes us as we pass the warehouse thing in the fields near prison, and we hear gunshots as these two dudes plow a buggy into another duo. They win the fight easily and we NEED their car at this point so we run up and start shooting them. My friend goes down - twice - and the guys eventually just decide to ignore us and drive away. At this point the blue has nearly met the white and we've got like half the map to cover, so we're resigned to death.

I went to check the bodies of the duo buggy-dudes killed and sure enough there is enough medical to keep us alive for another few minutes and maybe we could find a car...when suddenly, what do I hear but THE SAME BUGGY with the SAME DUO in it come back and roll up on us. We loving mince these guys as they drove directly at us, grab their car and...

Immediately flip it and die to the blue zone anyway

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

5 stars would play again

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
lol so my coworker bought his first computer a few months ago basically to play hearthstone, and wanted to get into pubg after hearing me talk about it

he'd tell me about his play and it's mostly the usual like dying from jumping out of a moving car, or getting his first kill, but he'd also make kinda weird comments like how he can't really see anybody outside and "full screen is bugged"

well it turns out his computer doesn't have a gpu card and he's been playing in a tiny window using Intel HD Graphics, and even then it lags like a bitch :lol:

so yeah at the lowest mmr games these are the kind of players you face. anyway i gave him my old gtx 750 ti, which isn't fast, but will probably let him play at full screen 30-40 fps at least (his cpu is alright and has 8gb ram)

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
I finally had time to play a game today, first since the big patch a week or two ago. God drat it runs so much better now with a 6600k and 1070. I got to #3 after a drop in Pochinki and I'm in love all over again.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Some major lag going on for me tonight. Every game has been laggy, with doors opening and then not being able to go through, then the door closes after 20 seconds before I can open it and go through. Really sucks for gun fights.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
https://clips.twitch.tv/CarefulUninterestedTofuMrDestructoid

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
This has been my entire night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_UI9ifO_ZQ

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Zo posted:

lol so my coworker bought his first computer a few months ago basically to play hearthstone, and wanted to get into pubg after hearing me talk about it

he'd tell me about his play and it's mostly the usual like dying from jumping out of a moving car, or getting his first kill, but he'd also make kinda weird comments like how he can't really see anybody outside and "full screen is bugged"

well it turns out his computer doesn't have a gpu card and he's been playing in a tiny window using Intel HD Graphics, and even then it lags like a bitch :lol:

so yeah at the lowest mmr games these are the kind of players you face. anyway i gave him my old gtx 750 ti, which isn't fast, but will probably let him play at full screen 30-40 fps at least (his cpu is alright and has 8gb ram)

i was playing all sorts of poo poo on an integrated gpu until a few months ago. you'd be surprised the amount of poo poo that will run with no video card, it'll be unplayable but it'll run

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

This sums up my entire PUBG experience accurately

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Try this one weird trick to make bullets go straighter:

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Rexxed posted:

Yeah I use shift but forget about it sometimes.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Rexxed posted:

this has been the hardest thing for me to learn

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Ever since Grimmz started landing at the school all the time, every game I see 20+ people go for it.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Theres no downsides to turning draw distance to minimum right? It doesn't effect player rendering?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

DrNutt posted:

Playing with goons is on a whole different level of fun than solo games. Here's some dumb bullshit from a game today. Apologies for the crappy video quality, I'm still messing around with some settings to try and maximize quality without impacting muh precious frames.

https://youtu.be/BZjnBGnQ1Gc

Oh my god use your Alt key

Tokubetsu posted:

popped my chicken dinner finally, solo with no ammo for my m16. all hail patience and the vector

https://streamable.com/w6n9h

Oh my god same

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

underage at the vape shop posted:

Theres no downsides to turning draw distance to minimum right? It doesn't effect player rendering?

I think it does but the minimum draw distance is still something like 2.5 kilometers anyway.

I turned it down to minimum and the only place where it makes a big visual difference is in the initial fly-in.

I guess if you go to one of the hills and have an 8x scope you might notice it as well but it's not like you're gonna engage people at those distances anyway.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Zo posted:

I mean that the perfect card since it's the one of the most powerful cards (if not THE most) that draws all the power it needs directly from the PCI socket. Who knows if his PSU could handle a better card.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Man, the two fuckups that get me killed the most:

Unloading into a windowsill because I was still crouched (but my reticle is over the sill..)

Not having guns in full auto when I need it. I really wish it would just save your preference, that recent vector and ump change still trips me up

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exDWFKf7zn4

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
anyone have problems not seeing people land with you? i swear i look all around and think im alone, but i always find people closer than i thought.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Pan is more powerful then we ever imagined.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

succ posted:

anyone have problems not seeing people land with you? i swear i look all around and think im alone, but i always find people closer than i thought.

Yeah, I think that not all player models load initially to reduce lag or some poo poo, I'm not even sure the plan can fit 100 players, I often see parachutes popping right next to my landing spot even though I've been free looking all the time to spot nearby players.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

succ posted:

Yeah I mean I'll drop early and watch the place I'm about to land. There are zero parachutes. I will then land and walk into a house and die instantly. It's pretty confusing.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Please don't patch this out.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

The Mash posted:

Oh my god use your Alt key

Oh my god same

I do use it when I'm trying to play carefully, I was just loving around because my whole squad died and I thought I was committing suicide.

Martin
Jan 17, 2004

All I know in life is how to pour whiskey and run my mouth off
Dinosaur Gum
I think I've played around 350 games of Battlegrounds.

I just this afternoon realized that you can hold shift when you're using ironsights/holo/reddot to zoom a tiny bit. Blew my mind.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Martin posted:

I think I've played around 350 games of Battlegrounds.

I just this afternoon realized that you can hold shift when you're using ironsights/holo/reddot to zoom a tiny bit. Blew my mind.

and it steadies your aim. drat using full auto must have been impossible?

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
I have never used the shift key but one thing I did notice is that this game punishes you INCREDIBLY hard for moving while shooting, especially if you're aiming down the sights. It's not even recoil, it's straight up induced inaccuracy like a lovely cone of fire system.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Shooting while moving is hard. That's why people usually don't do it.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Got the sks with a x8 and even got a care package. Only made it to top ten though, I didn't have a silencer so people hunted me down after I got a few kills

pastoboy
Jun 22, 2017

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Yeah I mean I'll drop early and watch the place I'm about to land. There are zero parachutes. I will then land and walk into a house and die instantly. It's pretty confusing.

Apologies if you already do this, but are you holding w and facing your camera directly up at the sky to reach your destination before you dive and pull your chute? The only time you should be coasting to your destination is if you took a line perpendicular to the flight path and travelled the full distance using the aforementioned method already.

Edit - nvm. Read the bit about dropping early.

pastoboy fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jul 7, 2017

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I also go straight down sometimes, see no chutes and bam there are people there. Someone on discord mentioned there was a bug where other players don't always spawn in until after you've landed

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Love it.

Just made top 2, so close yet so far of the chicken dinner.

And using only my UMP, prefer to have an UMP-sniper combo. Also the silencer is easier to find.

benzine fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jul 7, 2017

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Got the sks with a x8 and even got a care package. Only made it to top ten though, I didn't have a silencer so people hunted me down after I got a few kills

You gotta move after shooting, and if it's late in the game you're most likely better off by skipping looting bodies.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

You gotta move after shooting, and if it's late in the game you're most likely better off by skipping looting bodies.

Yeah I know but I was behind a hay bale and felt pinned down. I haven't figured out yet what to do if I think I'm in a kill zone. Also wasn't expecting three guys from outside the blue circle :negative:

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Yeah I know but I was behind a hay bale and felt pinned down. I haven't figured out yet what to do if I think I'm in a kill zone. Also wasn't expecting three guys from outside the blue circle :negative:

If there's one thing I've learned in this game it's to always expect people coming from blue.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

You'll get a feel for where to expect other players to gravitate into the circle as you gain experience, one example is making a mental note of where the airplane's drop path was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I was under the impression blue does damage faster later in the match. I guess I could test it.

• Locked thread