Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I hope I don't get banned for smacking around my fellow Councillors so I have a better chance of getting away when Freddy Kruger shows up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Danaru posted:

I know I shouldn't be surprised, and I shouldn't even go there, but hoo man is the subreddit for this game rallying behind the right to sling around homophobic slurs, and just :cripes:

I should have known they would because it's reddit, but :cripes:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
"This guy gets banned for using sexist and homophobic slurs, yet this other person here was teamkilling and they didn't get banned? Is this a double-standard or what?"

-a dumb gently caress

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
copy pasting reddit comments will probably get me in to trouble

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Gay Horney posted:

Nah, everyone can just eat poo poo.

Agreed, gamers can eat poo poo.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Actually it's Gamer CultureŽ to use racist and homophobic slurs against people, so really maybe YOU'RE the bigot here for oppressing us slur users :smugdog:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
:reddit:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
This is gonna be cool if they can sort out the legal stuff

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh that would be really goddamn cool

She's one of the more memorable people too, just due to her look

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

I haven't wanted to bring it up because I didn't want to start a derail, but I'm extremely happy with Gun's stance against racism and homophobia in their ToS, and the response I've seen from other people in the game. Twice now I've heard people call other players on it, once for racism, and once for homophobia. In both instances, once one person said something about it, several others joined in and supported the person calling out the bad behavior (including, but not limited to me, I broke my "no small talk with randos" rule in this instance). One time it went about as you'd expect, the guy using homophobic language just got worse and everyone ended up muting him. The other time, the guy using racist language actually apologized (half-assed, but still the word "sorry" was used), and the game continued without any further incident.

I realize two personal anecdotes don't necessarily indicate a trend, and it's still just a small drop of decency in an ocean of poo poo, but in 20+ years of online gaming, I don't think I've ever heard random people come together and let other people know that racism and homophobia isn't cool. At the very least, these instances have encouraged me to stop just ignoring and muting assholes and to let them know that their behavior is unacceptable (i.e. "Hey, cut that poo poo out, you little gently caress-stain.") before I mute them.

Progressive ideals rearing their heads in a game about murder, loving amazing.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

cerebral posted:

I haven't wanted to bring it up because I didn't want to start a derail, but I'm extremely happy with Gun's stance against racism and homophobia in their ToS, and the response I've seen from other people in the game. Twice now I've heard people call other players on it, once for racism, and once for homophobia. In both instances, once one person said something about it, several others joined in and supported the person calling out the bad behavior (including, but not limited to me, I broke my "no small talk with randos" rule in this instance). One time it went about as you'd expect, the guy using homophobic language just got worse and everyone ended up muting him. The other time, the guy using racist language actually apologized (half-assed, but still the word "sorry" was used), and the game continued without any further incident.

I realize two personal anecdotes don't necessarily indicate a trend, and it's still just a small drop of decency in an ocean of poo poo, but in 20+ years of online gaming, I don't think I've ever heard random people come together and let other people know that racism and homophobia isn't cool. At the very least, these instances have encouraged me to stop just ignoring and muting assholes and to let them know that their behavior is unacceptable (i.e. "Hey, cut that poo poo out, you little gently caress-stain.") before I mute them.

Progressive ideals rearing their heads in a game about murder, loving amazing.

I think part of the reason this stuff is less prevalent in F13 is that there are only eight people maximum in each match, so often there aren't enough shitlords that they can band together. Also, because you're relying on communication and help from the other counselors, if you piss everyone off, you're probably going to die really quickly.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Burkion posted:

Oh that would be really goddamn cool

She's one of the more memorable people too, just due to her look

Plus we need a cool Girl Bruiser.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Plus we need a cool Girl Bruiser.

smdh if you don't fear vanessa with an axe

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I love the games where you stop caring about surviving/killing because another player keeps making you laugh. Played a game with a guy named Piano Man who played LaChappa and ran over all the counsellors in the 4 door while blasting Katy Perry's Fireworks over voice chat. It was really dumb, but it made me laugh a lot.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Yardbomb posted:

Haha, so on the topic of the ban stuff, this is the top review on the game right now, saw it from elsewhere and then went to check myself.

Now knowing hokey rear end stories like this from 100 different places, I looked into it some because he sounds full of it. Like 3 pages into the discussion and you get this gem.

And a whole one more page comes up with this.

GUYS IT'S SUCH AN INJUSTICE THAT A BIG SEXIST rear end in a top hat GOT BANNED, HE JUST WANTED TO CALL PEOPLE FAGS :qq:

Apparently people have gone full beserk over this, stating that its the Devs abusing their power - especially because of this quote:

Because people cannot parse the difference between 'Working with Jason to kill someone being a piece of poo poo' and 'Working with Jason because you are a piece of poo poo'

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

It's hilarious that somehow people are so thoroughly against this concept suddenly, momentary teaming up with Jason to kill a shitbird, when that's otherwise been one of the most celebrated silly things people do sometimes.

But you know, there's some :females: to light the torches about this time.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

It makes me really sad to see so many people opposing the devs on this :smith:

You'd think that banning worthless racists/homophobes/sexists wouldn't even be slightly controversial but I guess we still have a long way to go.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

At least they aren't complaining about not having Savini Jason :shrug:

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Queering Wheel posted:

It makes me really sad to see so many people opposing the devs on this :smith:

So many of them claim to not have the game even. "I am definitely not buying this now!" It makes me wonder if its just people dogpiling on from another similar game reddit.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I have a feeling that the majority of the people whining about this voted for Trump. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jul 7, 2017

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
it's almost like people are complete poo poo and deserve nothing better than nuclear annihilation

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Apparently people have gone full beserk over this, stating that its the Devs abusing their power - especially because of this quote:

Because people cannot parse the difference between 'Working with Jason to kill someone being a piece of poo poo' and 'Working with Jason because you are a piece of poo poo'

I hope people don't get too zealous with this because sometimes it's fun to dick around as Jason with a counselor. If someone's being particularly funny I'll start playing along as Jason, like a Tommy I was chasing who kept getting his car stuck in trees, or this teenage girl who was laughing and yelling over the mic while she was by herself. I stopped chasing her outright and just kind of jogged along behind her while she casually bullshitted about whatever.

Apple2o
Mar 25, 2009

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 9 years!)

VolticSurge posted:

I have a feeling that the majority of the people whining about this voted for Trump. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Butthurt liberals always bringing up politics in completely unrelated situations. This thread is supposed to be for bitching about how terrible this game is.

This game is awful and only "good" if you play with friends or strangers with mics and that is pretty much every game ever so it doesn't get points for that.

Otherwise it's a buggy, laggy, unbalanced, grief-prone mess. So many random teamkillers combined with gamebreaking bugs; like being literally invincible in the car if you are driving in the opposite direction as Jason (cause for some reason you can only slam on hoods if they are driving towards you, makes sense!).

If I didn't make so much money id feel robbed of that 40 bucks :smuggo:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Apple2o posted:

Butthurt liberals always bringing up politics in completely unrelated situations. This thread is supposed to be for bitching about how terrible this game is.

This game is awful and only "good" if you play with friends or strangers with mics and that is pretty much every game ever so it doesn't get points for that.

Otherwise it's a buggy, laggy, unbalanced, grief-prone mess. So many random teamkillers combined with gamebreaking bugs; like being literally invincible in the car if you are driving in the opposite direction as Jason (cause for some reason you can only slam on hoods if they are driving towards you, makes sense!).

If I didn't make so much money id feel robbed of that 40 bucks :smuggo:

Okay dude.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Shemp the Stooge posted:

So many of them claim to not have the game even. "I am definitely not buying this now!" It makes me wonder if its just people dogpiling on from another similar game reddit.

Good, gently caress them and their impotent tears. Sorry kiddies, you act like a loving idiot and you get punished.

I'm completely behind Gun on this. Playing with squeakers is one thing, and even talking some poo poo during or after a game is fine but being a giant piece of poo poo deserves a ban, and also why are these idiots rallying behind someone who called a kid a human being?

Did I miss a memo about video games that I should be outraged about really dumb poo poo and anything involving :females: or something?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

joylessdivision posted:

Good, gently caress them and their impotent tears. Sorry kiddies, you act like a loving idiot and you get punished.

I'm completely behind Gun on this. Playing with squeakers is one thing, and even talking some poo poo during or after a game is fine but being a giant piece of poo poo deserves a ban, and also why are these idiots rallying behind someone who called a kid a human being?

Did I miss a memo about video games that I should be outraged about really dumb poo poo and anything involving :females: or something?

The people buying into this are just loonies looking for another place to grandstand about how they're so under attack if they can't let fly with slurs.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Apple2o posted:

like being literally invincible in the car if you are driving in the opposite direction as Jason (cause for some reason you can only slam on hoods if they are driving towards you, makes sense!).

Your entire post is wrong, but this part is literally, provably wrong. Jason can stop cars that back into him, there are just a bunch of bad Jasons who can't seem to figure this very simple thing out and just try impotently strutting towards the car instead of trying to shift-block it as it backs up.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

King Vidiot posted:

Your entire post is wrong, but this part is literally, provably wrong. Jason can stop cars that back into him, there are just a bunch of bad Jasons who can't seem to figure this very simple thing out and just try impotently strutting towards the car instead of trying to shift-block it as it backs up.

being factually incorrect never stopped anyone from whining about butthurt liberals before, why start now

i mean we literally watched this happen repeatedly just last night, i even mentioned how funny it is that the engine blows up when Jason smashes the car's rear

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Phyresis posted:

I mean we literally watched this happen repeatedly just last night, i even mentioned how funny it is that the engine blows up when Jason smashes the car's rear

The sheer force transferred from hitting any part of Jason too quickly is a dangerous thing man, it's a wonder your arms don't fly off when you swing that bat against him too hard.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

It's actually pretty standard video game logic that any strike to a car from any side will gently caress up the engine, if not make the car blow up outright.

I'm just wondering where I can get one of those cars from the game, I mean you can beat the everloving poo poo out of them and they'll still start every time.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Yardbomb posted:

It's hilarious that somehow people are so thoroughly against this concept suddenly, momentary teaming up with Jason to kill a shitbird, when that's otherwise been one of the most celebrated silly things people do sometimes.

But you know, there's some :females: to light the torches about this time.

During a game last month someone teamed up with Jason and actually ended up killing me after I escaped his grasp 5 times.

I came back as Tommy and immediately shot him in the face, and ended up being the only survivor.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

King Vidiot posted:

It's actually pretty standard video game logic that any strike to a car from any side will gently caress up the engine, if not make the car blow up outright.

I'm just wondering where I can get one of those cars from the game, I mean you can beat the everloving poo poo out of them and they'll still start every time.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

I came back as Tommy and immediately shot him in the face, and ended up being the only survivor.

There's no revenge like Tommy revenge. :getin:

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

King Vidiot posted:

It's even easier to do than a forward stop too. It's automatic, doesn't end your shift and you don't have to bother with the animation before moving to grab the driver. Driving backwards is usually only good for baiting out a morph behind you so you can drive forwards again.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

imweasel09 posted:

It's even easier to do than a forward stop too. It's automatic, doesn't end your shift and you don't have to bother with the animation before moving to grab the driver. Driving backwards is usually only good for baiting out a morph behind you so you can drive forwards again.

Also the car is moving slower, giving even Jason II / VII an opportunity to catch it.

Stalk - morph - shift is the best for stopping cars. A lot of people will begin swerving / off-roading if they hear the music.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I assume a good strategy though is to immediately reverse direction if the screen does the VHS tracking thing, because you're probably about to get Shifted.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

King Vidiot posted:

I assume a good strategy though is to immediately reverse direction if the screen does the VHS tracking thing, because you're probably about to get Shifted.

That's usually a morph, but yes.

If he's shifting, you want to continue the direction of travel and try to outrun / juke him. If you reverse direction during a shift it will allow him to catch up more easily.

Fun strategy as Jason: If they're playing this gently caress-gently caress game with the car in reverse, use morph to try and get them to switch direction. But don't morph behind them, morph right on top of yourself and then immediately shift. :grin:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

No joke, Car Chicken is one of the most fun things I've ever done in the game as Jason. Hearing people's "poo poo poo poo SHIIIIIT" reactions over the mic is priceless too :allears:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

If he's shifting, you want to continue the direction of travel and try to outrun / juke him. If you reverse direction during a shift it will allow him to catch up more easily.

I don't know how often you can hear me when I'm in the car and you're Jason, but this has been my advice to anyone driving at any point when Jason just vanishes.

No one ever listens to me. JUST GO FORWARD loving CHRIST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

King Vidiot posted:

The car is a 1979 Chevrolet Chevette, as confirmed in the game files. Since the game takes place in the summer, it can't possibly be an 80 (Crystal Lake map is in 79; new model years don't come out until the fall). By the way? Actually pretty reliable. Easy to work on. The 80s models anyway, I had a neighbor who had one, in yellow even, and it always ran really well. It's parked now, but they bought a Jeep.

I almost want to ask if they want to sell it. Fill the backseat with camping gear and perma-lock the doors. Slap a Crystal Lake bumper sticker on it. Dress as Chad. See if anyone gets it.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jul 7, 2017

• Locked thread