Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Fister Roboto posted:

If they weren't so adamant against the idea of healers dpsing, they could give white mages a mechanic where damage spells enhance their healing abilities in some way to fit with this theme. That would be a lot more exciting than lilies.

gently caress just make Stone generate lilies at a 20% chance and Holy or Aero 3 generate confessions boom job fixed

Countblanc posted:

It doesn't matter what procs lilies until they make Lilies actually good instead of bad

You need lilies to cast Divine Benison, and Divine Benison is Cool and Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Mordiceius posted:

If I don't want to spend 2 million on a bunch of Halgai Mane and Manzasiri Hair, is my best bet to just wait on my retainers to level up?

Even after your retainers are leveled, if you've got the time it'll still be faster to just farm them. Retainers will start off getting 10 per hour I think.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Skaw posted:

Even after your retainers are leveled, if you've got the time it'll still be faster to just farm them.

Ugh. I need about 100 of each and they're still 8k+ on the MB.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
It was a few pages back, but I wanted to say the Rogue 1-30 class line is pretty good. I liked the NIN stuff too. I haven't gotten into the PLD 60-70 stuff yet, but the 50-60 stuff was dreadful, so I have no hope. SMN was pretty neat all the way through. I remember a smooth gently caress all about ACN 1-30, so that must not've been all that hot.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Since I'm new and levelling I haven't really noticed yet, but up near the higher levels why are tanks somehow so much more in demand than healers?

I would've thought tanks would be more common since it's not particularly difficult and you still have a feeling that you're contributing to damage and winning the fight, while healer would be less popular as you need to keep all the chuckleheads alive, especially if you have a crappy tank. I also assume doing solo content on a healer class is more boring than for any other role.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Probably the feeling of responsibility, though that isn't especially any higher or lower than when you are a healer.

Solo'ing stuff on a Healer is a bit rough early in expansion life because you're not hitting super hard, but heals have interesting attack spells to use so it's not awful.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
you have a pretty generous definition of "interesting" if "spammable spell with no effect" and "a dot" qualify

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

SonicRulez posted:

It was a few pages back, but I wanted to say the Rogue 1-30 class line is pretty good. I liked the NIN stuff too. I haven't gotten into the PLD 60-70 stuff yet, but the 50-60 stuff was dreadful, so I have no hope. SMN was pretty neat all the way through. I remember a smooth gently caress all about ACN 1-30, so that must not've been all that hot.

ACN 1-30 is about spergy cats and beating up a pirate slaver.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Healer attack spells are the opposite of interesting, but they have them. The basic healer minigame is to spend as little time healing as possible.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
Healers, not tanks, have been the bottleneck in most of the PF parties I've been in since Stormblood came out, especially the extreme primals. Not sure how to square this with tanks getting the In Need bonus in roulettes but it's definitely been the case.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
whm really, really doesn't need more buffs to its efficiency right now

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Getting a cracked cluster for queuing as a tank seems pretty fantastic.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Well it'll probably flip to healer in need pretty quickly I suspect. :v: But yeah I've been leveling PLD anyway, so hey free bonus.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Asimo posted:

Well it'll probably flip to healer in need pretty quickly I suspect. :v: But yeah I've been leveling PLD anyway, so hey free bonus.

Wait, it counts for sub-70 too? Time to level my WAR to 70!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

nuru posted:

60+, yes

Kobata
Oct 11, 2012

nuru posted:

Lv60+, Levelling Roulette only.

It's was flopping between Healer and Tank every refresh earlier.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've had my SAM at 70 for a while no and am slowly leveling my white mage through roulettes and maybe a dungeon run or two every day. It's been fine up till yesterday when I hit level 65 and figured I might as well do some runs of Bardam’s Mettle. I had full level 64 hq left side gear, but there were times when all I could do to keep the tank alive was Cure2 spamming in between other cooldowns. This happened on two different runs, but in both cases the tanks were still using the augmented shire gear.

All my Shisui runs were mostly healing with Tetra, Regen and Assize, but that doesn't seem to cut it anymore. Is this just the point where the base defense on the SB gear is just so much better that people still using the Shire gear get smashed?

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Freaksaus posted:

I've had my SAM at 70 for a while no and am slowly leveling my white mage through roulettes and maybe a dungeon run or two every day. It's been fine up till yesterday when I hit level 65 and figured I might as well do some runs of Bardam’s Mettle. I had full level 64 hq left side gear, but there were times when all I could do to keep the tank alive was Cure2 spamming in between other cooldowns. This happened on two different runs, but in both cases the tanks were still using the augmented shire gear.

All my Shisui runs were mostly healing with Tetra, Regen and Assize, but that doesn't seem to cut it anymore. Is this just the point where the base defense on the SB gear is just so much better that people still using the Shire gear get smashed?

Yeah, Shire gear starts to show its age at 64.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
1-15 ARC quests made me bleed out of my eyeballs.

I think you kill more creatures in those sets of quests then you do every other starting level 1 quest combined. For no apparent reason.

It gets better when an actual story starts to happen.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

On Aether right now a DPS leveling queue is sub 5 minutes.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
Has anyone found Y'shtola or Krile in the world somewhere after the Stormblood MSQ? I found Alphinaud and Alisaie in The Barber in Rhalgr's Reach (and Alisaie has an excellent line of dialogue there), and Lyse is in the command tent in NE Rhalgr's Reach.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
[quote="“Fister Roboto”" post="“474117911”"]
If they weren’t so adamant against the idea of healers dpsing, they could give white mages a mechanic where damage spells enhance their healing abilities in some way to fit with this theme. That would be a lot more exciting than lilies.
[/quote]

:thunk:

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

It was... Difficult to decide to buy this game after all reviews bashed 1.x, but I gave it a try anyway. A lone and frankly lost youth first coming off the cart to Gridania. Lance in hand and no idea what to do but all the excitement in the world to compensate. Little by little fighting off the primal menace and the garleans that threatened this world I slowely found myself making a second home in of sorts. Sure, there were plenty of rude people on the way but I made more friends than I could count on my journies. Many have gone but many more stay and accompany me. Through Heavensward we all continued. Aiding Ishgard and fighting off the dragon hordes that threatened that happy ending with a play of pure agony and dispair. But we fought. And eventually we reached Ala'Mhigo. I forgave the first day bugs. It was expected and of course any MMO has its issues, especially at the first day of a big expansion.

But that forgiveness has run out. Beginning with the power outages that cause me to re-download 22gb of data whenever they happen. A claimed Sony issue, though it never happens to any other game and it never happened before Stormblood. Then the random disconnect issues. Some ''fixes'' came out but nothing got fixed. I tried, though. Even waiting eagerly to try my hand at Omega... And when that day arrived I was one of many to log on right after maintanence to tackle this new raid. We entered... ANd I Disconnected. Come back, play a little all is good. Go again, disconnected. I could never even pass the first mob (If I got that far.) -- Oh. Ok they're adding some hot fixes. Log on after, disconnect at the second mob. Gonna try again... Oh hey. I actually managed to complete it and unlock the first bit of the Omega raid. But before I try this, let me do a random dungeon and make sure everythings ok. I entered Shisui... Disconnected before the first boss.

My ps4 games all (Except for ffxiv) appear to run fine. Online mode is as well as can be expected. I've been playing this game for awhile. Bought the early access stormblood. Waited and suffered through the issues because the game was amazing. THe stormblood story was so good as well, no disappointments there. But this? 2 weeks since stormblood released, 3 if we're counting early access. And Im paying for a game I can't play. I'd LOVE to do Omega. Pass the EX trials. Grind the dungeons for levels and gear on my alt classes. But I cannot. The powers that be Enix won't let me. I'm not mad. The "WTF's" and fits ended. Now it's just a resigned "Figures". No surprise, no expectations of a fix, since every fix that comes fixes nothing for me personally. Just wanted to let out a bit of frustration.

Sincerely- A warrior of light no more.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Just picked up botany, can I (eventually) make good money with this

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Pikavangelist posted:

It was... Difficult to decide to buy this game after all reviews bashed 1.x, but I gave it a try anyway. A lone and frankly lost youth first coming off the cart to Gridania. Lance in hand and no idea what to do but all the excitement in the world to compensate. Little by little fighting off the primal menace and the garleans that threatened this world I slowely found myself making a second home in of sorts. Sure, there were plenty of rude people on the way but I made more friends than I could count on my journies. Many have gone but many more stay and accompany me. Through Heavensward we all continued. Aiding Ishgard and fighting off the dragon hordes that threatened that happy ending with a play of pure agony and dispair. But we fought. And eventually we reached Ala'Mhigo. I forgave the first day bugs. It was expected and of course any MMO has its issues, especially at the first day of a big expansion.

But that forgiveness has run out. Beginning with the power outages that cause me to re-download 22gb of data whenever they happen. A claimed Sony issue, though it never happens to any other game and it never happened before Stormblood. Then the random disconnect issues. Some ''fixes'' came out but nothing got fixed. I tried, though. Even waiting eagerly to try my hand at Omega... And when that day arrived I was one of many to log on right after maintanence to tackle this new raid. We entered... ANd I Disconnected. Come back, play a little all is good. Go again, disconnected. I could never even pass the first mob (If I got that far.) -- Oh. Ok they're adding some hot fixes. Log on after, disconnect at the second mob. Gonna try again... Oh hey. I actually managed to complete it and unlock the first bit of the Omega raid. But before I try this, let me do a random dungeon and make sure everythings ok. I entered Shisui... Disconnected before the first boss.

My ps4 games all (Except for ffxiv) appear to run fine. Online mode is as well as can be expected. I've been playing this game for awhile. Bought the early access stormblood. Waited and suffered through the issues because the game was amazing. THe stormblood story was so good as well, no disappointments there. But this? 2 weeks since stormblood released, 3 if we're counting early access. And Im paying for a game I can't play. I'd LOVE to do Omega. Pass the EX trials. Grind the dungeons for levels and gear on my alt classes. But I cannot. The powers that be Enix won't let me. I'm not mad. The "WTF's" and fits ended. Now it's just a resigned "Figures". No surprise, no expectations of a fix, since every fix that comes fixes nothing for me personally. Just wanted to let out a bit of frustration.

Sincerely- A warrior of light no more.

oh noooooooo

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Sounds like somebody should get better internet imo

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

End PS4 support, problem solved.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Oh wow cracked cluster for levelling roulette as tank or healer depending is pretty great. Time for me to learn how to play my Paladin and White Mage which I haven't touched since about a year ago!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Sucks it only applies if you're 60+, or else it might get me to level up ast, drk, and pld.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Considering adapting the Susano fight to D&D 5th ed for the group that I'm DMing for. Any good ideas of how to do it? I'm considering making the blade block an endurance check that gets harder over time, but everything else is kinda up in the air. I don't even know if this is the right thread for it or if the D&D thread is better. :v:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Just make sure there's a part where the players have to use protractors and do some jump rope.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Ibblebibble posted:

Considering adapting the Susano fight to D&D 5th ed for the group that I'm DMing for. Any good ideas of how to do it? I'm considering making the blade block an endurance check that gets harder over time, but everything else is kinda up in the air. I don't even know if this is the right thread for it or if the D&D thread is better. :v:

Incorporate a tank swap mechanic somehow so you don't have one player spending endless turns doing nothing but blade block because your only option being to roll an endurance check while everyone else gets to gently caress about would get old imo. Have Susano obviously target a particular player for each block maybe?

E: also get good at the cup swap thing and do it for real right there on the table

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Incorporate a tank swap mechanic somehow so you don't have one player spending endless turns doing nothing but blade block because your only option being to roll an endurance check while everyone else gets to gently caress about would get old imo. Have Susano obviously target a particular player for each block maybe?

E: also get good at the cup swap thing and do it for real right there on the table

I was thinking of putting in the EX debuff so if the same guy tries to block the second blade he just gets wafflestomped.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Can I just say that (Omega spoilers) that moment when you finish the instance before you start O1 and Omega is all like "hmm yes you pass you are now in the scrub division" and your character looks at the camera all pissed off is probably my favourite moment of SB so far.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

So are all these blue scrip tokens I have going to just rot in my inventory forever or is there a way to turn them into red scrip tokens? (I know you can turn actual blue scrips into red scrips).

Since I didn't see an actual answer to this yet; you can exchange blue scrips for red scrips (1:1) at the scrip vendor in Ildylshire (however the gently caress you spell it).

Edit: I can't read.

In Omega token drop opinions; here is my strategy. I did my 1 clear and I'm not going back because gently caress the loot system.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
wtf is a cracked cluster

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Cracked clusters randomly drop on hunts, and they're the materia 6 version of mhachi matter.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Ibblebibble posted:

I was thinking of putting in the EX debuff so if the same guy tries to block the second blade he just gets wafflestomped.

Yeah, sounds good. Tell the player "the effort expended has exhausted you, and all strength rolls in the immediate future will suffer disadvantage" or something. You're not explicitly telling them how the fight mechanics work, but within the context of the story they've got a drat good reason not to try blocking that again.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Jesus I just want to finish the 2.0 MSQ why I do keep getting level-locked.

I'm now at level 43 with like a third of a bar to go for 44 and doing Garuda (I assume) and I have no idea what the most efficient way to do it is. Unlike the early quests there's not yet a 40+ 'quest hub'.

Earlier I caught up because I realised I entirely forgot to do guildhests and so that caught me up a bit but I've run out of those apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Have you been doing some fates? Queued for a dungeon or two? Hunt logs? Deep dungeon in Quarrymill, even?