Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

There's a map that has all of the overworld enemy encounters for the merged world. That might be useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

I'm doing a normal upgrade run and am a bit before the Earth Crystal. I got Monk (got everything but the HP buffs), then Time Mage (that was fun to grind to !Time 6) and now I have Ninja. I assume I want to get that final job ability on Ninja, so full grind on that before Earth Crystal? Also very curious to see what the Earth Crystal will bring me for final party silliness.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

You don't have to call your crystals as soon as you get them in Upgrade, specifically to prevent what you describe (grinding out expensive abilities in world one).

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

Kyrosiris posted:

You don't have to call your crystals as soon as you get them in Upgrade, specifically to prevent what you describe (grinding out expensive abilities in world one).

Ah, sorry, yes, I understand that, bad phrasing on my part. I mean that getting the full Ninja skillset before moving on to my Earth Crystal job is a good idea, ya?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Yeah. Dual-wield is one of the best skills in the game.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

ultrafilter posted:

Yeah. Dual-wield is one of the best skills in the game.

Sweet, thanks. I have to say that doing an upgrade run has made me have to plan and think things through in ways I never had about the game. Glad I decided to throw it on, even though I haven't played the game in about a decade. Not being able to steal stuff kind of sucks, and my healing right now really sucks. I assume at some point getting my hands on something like the Fire (Flame?) Ring for everyone, and just throwing a fire scroll at myself will be a good way to handle healing as I progress with the game?

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

TaintedBalance posted:

Sweet, thanks. I have to say that doing an upgrade run has made me have to plan and think things through in ways I never had about the game. Glad I decided to throw it on, even though I haven't played the game in about a decade. Not being able to steal stuff kind of sucks, and my healing right now really sucks. I assume at some point getting my hands on something like the Fire (Flame?) Ring for everyone, and just throwing a fire scroll at myself will be a good way to handle healing as I progress with the game?

There are also a lot of places to farm for elixirs, if you're really desperate. One of the best places is the map room in the ship graveyard.

It's also worth it to max out monk, for stat bonuses. It is also better to apply !barehanded to a time mage instead of dual wielding if you're going to be attacking with them, since time mage weapons kinda suck. this is kinda unneccessary by the time you get comet, though.

It's also worth maxing out all your jobs anyway. It improves the stat bonus you get from the secondary commands. The monk +30% hp skill is worth more than just the 30% hp in a lot of cases, because it also increases the base hp per level you get because monks have a huge stamina (aka vitality) bonus. It can turn your time mage from an easy target to someone actually surprisingly meaty.

Monks have the highest stamina in the game, a whopping 26, while time mages have one of the lowest scores at a -3 stamina mod.

HP = (Stamina/32+1) * (HP Mult)

HP mult varies by level between 20 at 1 and 3950 at 99.

Base vitality varies by character but I think is between 25-30.

Long story short, +30% hp will give a weak caster more than double hit points.

Also vitality gear doesn't improve your max hp but will let the character be healed a little more efficiently.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

It's also worth it to max out monk, for stat bonuses.

[...]

It's also worth maxing out all your jobs anyway. It improves the stat bonus you get from the secondary commands.

I don't think either of these things are true. Mastering a class only provides stat bonus to the Freelancer and Mime jobs.

All other stat bonuses come from what command or ability you have equipped, and those are the same regardless of if you have or haven't mastered a job.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Schwarzwald posted:

I don't think either of these things are true. Mastering a class only provides stat bonus to the Freelancer and Mime jobs.

All other stat bonuses come from what command or ability you have equipped, and those are the same regardless of if you have or haven't mastered a job.

I thought it was like a -2 penalty to the high stat for each job level away from mastery it was?

Maybe that's just for spellcasters. But regardless, +30% hp is still better than +10% or +20% hp, and can make your mages over twice as tanky.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I thought it was like a -2 penalty to the high stat for each job level away from mastery it was?

Maybe that's just for spellcasters. But regardless, +30% hp is still better than +10% or +20% hp, and can make your mages over twice as tanky.

HP +30% doesn't pass vit. Nothing does.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

That may be true, but it's the first I've heard it. Granted, I'm still learning new things about this game

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Maybe that's just for spellcasters.

It is.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
First time playing FFV and just passed the Earth crystal - Summoner / Bard / Berzerker / Ninja on a Popular run. This is a lot more fun than I'd expected! I signed up for Fifth Job, but I'm confused about it: when Krile joins I'm no longer allowed to use any Ninja skills as well as being locked out of the job? Is that correct?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

free Trapt CD posted:

First time playing FFV and just passed the Earth crystal - Summoner / Bard / Berzerker / Ninja on a Popular run. This is a lot more fun than I'd expected! I signed up for Fifth Job, but I'm confused about it: when Krile joins I'm no longer allowed to use any Ninja skills as well as being locked out of the job? Is that correct?

Yep. You basically have to pretend you never had Ninja at all.

That said, you have Summoner and Bard, which basically lets you tear the game wide open, so it's not the biggest loss. :)

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Can we still raise money by showing our butts?

Captain Vittles
Feb 12, 2008

I'm not a nerd! I'm a video game enthusiast.
I finished a Pure Chaos run with a triple crown, I even kept my Brave Blade powered up (which sucks, now I remember why I only ever did it once before). No funny names, sorry - I didn't want to go through the slow opening again so I stuck to my starter save.

Party: Bard, Chemist, Knight, Berserker

http://imgur.com/OxXzUK4 - Omega
http://imgur.com/9CeVjCQ - Shinryu
http://imgur.com/LkrCupo - NED
http://imgur.com/QHWOwwO - Brave Blade

Next run... I don't know. Probably Pure Chaos again, just trying to decide if I want a modifier.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Is it possible to beat Omega with Bard/Time Mage/White Mage/Mime? Even with double-sing, he doesn't stay locked down for hardly any time at all, and I haven't found anything that can really hurt him.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Nemo2342 posted:

Is it possible to beat Omega with Bard/Time Mage/White Mage/Mime? Even with double-sing, he doesn't stay locked down for hardly any time at all, and I haven't found anything that can really hurt him.

Time Mage lets you Quick Sap him. Basically, enter the fight with someone wearing a reflect ring, then cast quick. With the first action, break a poison rod on the reflected person and just wait. Dont use your second action. Omega will be frozen but he will have the sap status on him for as long as you're still in the second quick turn and he'll be taking the damage. Wait long enough and he will die.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Note that "long enough" means 2+ hours, so you might want to go and do something else during that time.

Two Bards with Hermes Sandals should definitely be able to stunlock Omega if you space out their turns though. You could even go with three Bards to make it easier. But yeah, this team is seriously lacking in good ways to damage the thing. Even Meteor will do nothing most of the time.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
Jesus, it's been, what, a week since I've made ANY progress on my 2nd run? Maybe two? I need to get back on this poo poo.

On the downside, I'm just getting to Regole in world 2 and only now realized that I forgot to grab the Toad spell. Figures it would slip my mind on the rare run where it could actually be useful (I've got Red Mage as one of my classes). I have a savestate back just before hopping into the meteorite-powered portal, but I can't decide if it would be worth redoing a few hours' worth of progress.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Bufuman posted:

Jesus, it's been, what, a week since I've made ANY progress on my 2nd run? Maybe two? I need to get back on this poo poo.

On the downside, I'm just getting to Regole in world 2 and only now realized that I forgot to grab the Toad spell. Figures it would slip my mind on the rare run where it could actually be useful (I've got Red Mage as one of my classes). I have a savestate back just before hopping into the meteorite-powered portal, but I can't decide if it would be worth redoing a few hours' worth of progress.

The only bosses where I feel like it's relevant are Apanda, Halicarnassus, and maybe Twintania. Most things in W2 are immune to it, afaik. More importantly, if you missed it in Istory, Phantom Village's non-secret magic shop has it, Mini, Float, Teleport, Speed, and the Lv1 summons. In other words, the stuff you're actually at risk of missing.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

KataraniSword posted:

The only bosses where I feel like it's relevant are Apanda, Halicarnassus, and maybe Twintania. Most things in W2 are immune to it, afaik. More importantly, if you missed it in Istory, Phantom Village's non-secret magic shop has it, Mini, Float, Teleport, Speed, and the Lv1 summons. In other words, the stuff you're actually at risk of missing.

Yeah, I knew it was buyable later in the game, but I didn't know if anything nasty in W2/early-W3 was vulnerable to it, and you answered that question, so thanks!

Also, quick question to Can of Worms about his FFV Balance Mod: Would it be possible to simply add the 4th level Black/White spells to !Red instead of just giving them Black4 and White4? As it is they have to lose their extra ability slot to gain access to 3 more spells, which is still an improvement, but I fear would still leave them behind other classes in the endgame. Allowing !Red to go up to level 4 would give Reds more options while still letting them keep their extra ability slot for something like Dualcast. Mind you, I don't know if !Red can be changed in such a way (I know next to nothing about what can be done with mods, but I figure this change is at least possible), but I figured I'd make the suggestion anyway.

I hope CoW hasn't been asked that kind of thing several times in the last dozen or so pages that I've skipped over after not keeping up with this thread for a couple weeks, thus pissing him off when I asked it again. :sweatdrop:

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

FreeKillB posted:

The one thing that comes to mind that Beastmaster gets you that can't be replicated is a source of Berserk for Shinryu. If you catch a Mammon (tree enemy in Moore forest, also a rare encounter at the roof level of the castle in the Rift) and release it, it will cast Berserk on a random party member. However, if this party member has a Reflect Ring then Shinryu will be berserked instead.

Something I've been wondering about : why are we Berserking Shinryu? Doesn't that make it faster and stronger?

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Because instead of his powerful party wide spells all he can do is his normal attack.

It still hits like a truck, but he can only kill one person at a time, and at that point you can just throw phoenix downs to deal with him.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

JerikTelorian posted:

Something I've been wondering about : why are we Berserking Shinryu? Doesn't that make it faster and stronger?

Berserk doesn't make it faster either. Chemist has a !mix that causes haste blink and berserk and bypasses all resitances, but since Shinryu isn't immune to berserk you don't use that, so Shinryu only gets stronger.

If you use that mix to Berserk, say, omega though, then you're in for a treat.

And yeah, berserk shinryu for the reason derra said. Regular physical attacks can also be negated in a whole lot of ways Tidal Wave and Snowstorm can't.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Once you get access to the Hermes Sandals, single-target attacks cease to be a threat because you can easily outpace the enemy. The only dangerous bosses in World 3 are the ones using MT-moves.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
I'm slowly playing through with Geo/Zer/Ker/Blue. Is it possible to triple crown with this team?

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Yet another Can I Beat Omega question: can my Black/Time/Dragoon/Samurai team beat Omega without quickleaking him? I tried using Flame Rings with one Reflect Ring for Firaga healing, but he's just been too fast to keep up. Also I somehow forgot to buy Quick and am in favor of being lazy.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

I'm slowly playing through with Geo/Zer/Ker/Blue. Is it possible to triple crown with this team?

Not realistically.

jaclynhyde posted:

Yet another Can I Beat Omega question: can my Black/Time/Dragoon/Samurai team beat Omega without quickleaking him? I tried using Flame Rings with one Reflect Ring for Firaga healing, but he's just been too fast to keep up. Also I somehow forgot to buy Quick and am in favor of being lazy.

Yes. Equip 3 reflect rings on your party and Diamond armor of some type is recommended on the 4th. Reflect Thundaga on your party. As long as one person on your team gets hit with Thundaga Omega won't counter the damage. Other 3 people toss Elixirs to heal. Cast Haste and Masamune on Omega to get your Reflected people hasted if healing is not required.

derra fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 7, 2017

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Man with Hat posted:

Berserk doesn't make it faster either. Chemist has a !mix that causes haste blink and berserk and bypasses all resitances, but since Shinryu isn't immune to berserk you don't use that, so Shinryu only gets stronger.

If you use that mix to Berserk, say, omega though, then you're in for a treat.

On the plus side, Omega's physicals hit for a far more reasonable ~2000 compared to Shinryu's 8000+ damage bullshit. Apply Protect and sit in the back row, and Omega's down to 500 damage per hit, which is pretty manageable since you can also Mix Goliath's Tonics. Admittedly base 76 speed PLUS Haste means he's getting 2 or 3 attacks for every one each of your characters get, but I'll take that over his normal, BRUTAL repertoire.

EDIT: No, wait, he hits for around 4000 to start with and gets dropped to 900-1000 from back row + Protect. Still perfectly manageable, just not completely neutered. In my defense, it HAS been a year since the only time I used the Berserk Immunity Override to beat him.

Bufuman fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 7, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Can we still raise money by showing our butts?

Yup!

ZiegeDame posted:

Behold, the bravest of butts.

derra posted:

Dunno if there are still slots available, but my wife finished a butt run.

https://twitter.com/Angelise001/status/882071751097819136

*Edit* Damnit, only Bards on Adamantoise : (

Nasgate posted:

And finally a picture of me dunking NED into the dumbster.

Between haste, dragon defense, dragon kiss, and Goliath tonic I was reminded of the excalipoor Gilgamesh fight.

And speaking of Gilgamesh and Excalipoor, I think I beat him too fast with my hasted black magic spam. I never got Excalipoor and Gilgamesh never showed up in the void to fight or help me against Necron.

I'm thinking maybe a no750 run next since I think I peaked in terms of good 750 jobs.

Another Butt for the Butt pile!

FreeKillB posted:

Another butt for the butt throne!

grancheater posted:

Don't believe Ondore's lies, a butt yet lives.

TC of course but I'm not gonna post some quickleak pics.

First time I finish a run with summoner and dang Syldra is really good, also got a Shoat proc on the Almagest part :c00lbert:

2 more butt spots to go!

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

derra posted:

Yes. Equip 3 reflect rings on your party and Diamond armor of some type is recommended on the 4th. Reflect Thundaga on your party. As long as one person on your team gets hit with Thundaga Omega won't counter the damage. Other 3 people toss Elixirs to heal. Cast Haste and Masamune on Omega to get your Reflected people hasted if healing is not required.

Thank you! Let me tell you, Iainuki makes grinding for Elixirs infinitely easier.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009

Well, that was a thing.

Some non-Omega notes:
-Beastmaster is god's gift to late w1/w2 xp grinding. Prototypes and shield dragons are nuts.
-I mentioned it before but I could have saved myself a bit of pain by using !Control on Puroboros rather than roughing it.
-Thief is not great as an Earth crystal job if you're using #fifthjob. The only relevant steal I got was a couple spare Gale bows for plinking at Exdeath.
-Beastmaster gives you some very nice finishers. I used a magic dragon to skip half of the dangerous phase of world 2 exdeath, and having two releases for Neo Exdeath allowed me to be lazy and not count damage, since I basically only needed to be within 20k. There's also a good sense of accomplishment for using a Sting Eagle and Mammon you caught in world 2 to chump Catastrophe and Shinryu, respectively.
-Dancer is unreliable trash garbage, up to the point where you get the chicken knife and sword dance up gear, at which point they become killdozers. Most of the Rift bosses got owned really really quickly. The one thing I will note is that even with the booster, Sword Dance adds enough RNG to be absolutely infuriating if you're using the already RNG-dependent mage masher + wall ring strats for the rugwizard.
-Ranger continues to own, although X-Fight was again not worth grinding pre-Omega. Darkness bows are great, and you also get mileage out of killer bows, gale bows, and Yoichi's bow.
-I'm a scrub and just grinded faris/butz up to level 41 vs Shield Dragons instead of learning the timing for Almagest jumps. Next time I'm not going to chicken out (at least make the attempts before doing w3 xp grinding).

Omega notes:
This is the first time I fought him properly. The other times I had mystic knight+ranger, which kills him ultradead, or something like chemist to just cheese him. Note to the above discussion about stoplocking him with bards: two is sufficient if they alternate but if their ATB fills differently (due to different agility/equip load) then they will desync and give him a turn. If you have 3 it's usually enough as long as you notice when everyone's turns clump together and delay actions appropriately.
Ranger, beastmaster, dragoon and dancer all offered options for actually damaging Omega, but each one of them had a pretty big downside
-A Great Dragon release does about 8k damage to Omega, which is not shabby but obviously you won't get more than 3-4 of these a fight, less if your encircle luck is bad.
-X-Fight with chicken knife was doing about 2k per hit using a level 51 Faris (beastmaster). This is respectable, but Omega gets to counter twice, so if you're lucky you'll eat 4 rocket punches and if you're unlucky you'll eat two encircles.
-Sword Dance with a level 61 Butz with Equip Lances and a trident also did about 8k. Here the downside is that 50% of the time you'd get jitterbug or mystery waltz instead, essentially a wasted turn in a fight where action economy is critical.
Grinding only slightly reduces the amount of RNG that you need to line up in this situation. Other than the marginal damage increase, the main benefits seemed to be having enough levels to facetank an atomic ray or even a mustard bomb (Butz and Faris could survive the former, and Butz was close to being able to survive the latter). Theoretically, quake is also something that levels can help you survive but I didn't get any data on that from my attempts. You need to toss loads of elixirs no matter what since Omega uses Surge Beam almost every other turn.
-When you have no AoE and no break blade grinding is a chore. I used the lamp spot in the Trench, which worked out ok but it took many hours.
-I should note my resistance setup. Before fighting Omega I ran from a random encounter with everyone loaded up with Rainbow Dresses and Ribbons. Then I switched equipment/jobs and saved before fighting Omega. Due to the phantom status immunity glitch this meant that I was basically immune to the relevant effects from Blaster, Rainbow Wind, Delta Attack, and Rocket punch. I couldn't have Ribbons on my non-Dancer in the actual fight since every ability spot was being reserved for catch or X-fight.
e: It was probably only a marginal edge but I went to North Mountain to control some kitties so that I could have float at the start of the fight. Quake didn't come up in any of the critical fights so I really don't know if this was worth it.

FreeKillB fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 7, 2017

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

2 more butt spots to go!

:tutbutt: :yosbutt: :c00lbutt: Triple butt crown!

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Well, that's the saddest dead Lenna I've ever seen.

The Brave Blade run was remarkably simple with agas, rods, and Iainuki. (I also managed to miss getting the Exdeath screenshot, but I had a save state in front of the tree version...)

I also triple crowned without Blue Mage/Mystic Knight/Bard/Chemist for ultrafilter's pledge.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

FreeKillB posted:

Well, that was a thing.

Some non-Omega notes:
-Beastmaster is god's gift to late w1/w2 xp grinding. Prototypes and shield dragons are nuts.
-I mentioned it before but I could have saved myself a bit of pain by using !Control on Puroboros rather than roughing it.
-Thief is not great as an Earth crystal job if you're using #fifthjob. The only relevant steal I got was a couple spare Gale bows for plinking at Exdeath.
-Beastmaster gives you some very nice finishers. I used a magic dragon to skip half of the dangerous phase of world 2 exdeath, and having two releases for Neo Exdeath allowed me to be lazy and not count damage, since I basically only needed to be within 20k. There's also a good sense of accomplishment for using a Sting Eagle and Mammon you caught in world 2 to chump Catastrophe and Shinryu, respectively.
-Dancer is unreliable trash garbage, up to the point where you get the chicken knife and sword dance up gear, at which point they become killdozers. Most of the Rift bosses got owned really really quickly. The one thing I will note is that even with the booster, Sword Dance adds enough RNG to be absolutely infuriating if you're using the already RNG-dependent mage masher + wall ring strats for the rugwizard.
-Ranger continues to own, although X-Fight was again not worth grinding pre-Omega. Darkness bows are great, and you also get mileage out of killer bows, gale bows, and Yoichi's bow.
-I'm a scrub and just grinded faris/butz up to level 41 vs Shield Dragons instead of learning the timing for Almagest jumps. Next time I'm not going to chicken out (at least make the attempts before doing w3 xp grinding).

Omega notes:
This is the first time I fought him properly. The other times I had mystic knight+ranger, which kills him ultradead, or something like chemist to just cheese him. Note to the above discussion about stoplocking him with bards: two is sufficient if they alternate but if their ATB fills differently (due to different agility/equip load) then they will desync and give him a turn. If you have 3 it's usually enough as long as you notice when everyone's turns clump together and delay actions appropriately.
Ranger, beastmaster, dragoon and dancer all offered options for actually damaging Omega, but each one of them had a pretty big downside
-A Great Dragon release does about 8k damage to Omega, which is not shabby but obviously you won't get more than 3-4 of these a fight, less if your encircle luck is bad.
-X-Fight with chicken knife was doing about 2k per hit using a level 51 Faris (beastmaster). This is respectable, but Omega gets to counter twice, so if you're lucky you'll eat 4 rocket punches and if you're unlucky you'll eat two encircles.
-Sword Dance with a level 61 Butz with Equip Lances and a trident also did about 8k. Here the downside is that 50% of the time you'd get jitterbug or mystery waltz instead, essentially a wasted turn in a fight where action economy is critical.
Grinding only slightly reduces the amount of RNG that you need to line up in this situation. Other than the marginal damage increase, the main benefits seemed to be having enough levels to facetank an atomic ray or even a mustard bomb (Butz and Faris could survive the former, and Butz was close to being able to survive the latter). Theoretically, quake is also something that levels can help you survive but I didn't get any data on that from my attempts. You need to toss loads of elixirs no matter what since Omega uses Surge Beam almost every other turn.
-When you have no AoE and no break blade grinding is a chore. I used the lamp spot in the Trench, which worked out ok but it took many hours.
-I should note my resistance setup. Before fighting Omega I ran from a random encounter with everyone loaded up with Rainbow Dresses and Ribbons. Then I switched equipment/jobs and saved before fighting Omega. Due to the phantom status immunity glitch this meant that I was basically immune to the relevant effects from Blaster, Rainbow Wind, Delta Attack, and Rocket punch. I couldn't have Ribbons on my non-Dancer in the actual fight since every ability spot was being reserved for catch or X-fight.
e: It was probably only a marginal edge but I went to North Mountain to control some kitties so that I could have float at the start of the fight. Quake didn't come up in any of the critical fights so I really don't know if this was worth it.

jaclynhyde posted:

Well, that's the saddest dead Lenna I've ever seen.

The Brave Blade run was remarkably simple with agas, rods, and Iainuki. (I also managed to miss getting the Exdeath screenshot, but I had a save state in front of the tree version...)

I also triple crowned without Blue Mage/Mystic Knight/Bard/Chemist for ultrafilter's pledge.

Got both of these.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Huzzah! posted:

Time Mage lets you Quick Sap him. Basically, enter the fight with someone wearing a reflect ring, then cast quick. With the first action, break a poison rod on the reflected person and just wait. Dont use your second action. Omega will be frozen but he will have the sap status on him for as long as you're still in the second quick turn and he'll be taking the damage. Wait long enough and he will die.

Samuel Clemens posted:

Note that "long enough" means 2+ hours, so you might want to go and do something else during that time.

Two Bards with Hermes Sandals should definitely be able to stunlock Omega if you space out their turns though. You could even go with three Bards to make it easier. But yeah, this team is seriously lacking in good ways to damage the thing. Even Meteor will do nothing most of the time.

My original issue was that my characters with sing would go back to back, which meant I wasn't able to lock him down. Eventually I just went with Quick Sap (thank Gilgabot for 400% speed emulators) so that Omega died while I was watching SGDQ on my second monitor.

I'm guessing I'll be doing this again when I hit Shinryu.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Nemo2342 posted:

My original issue was that my characters with sing would go back to back, which meant I wasn't able to lock him down. Eventually I just went with Quick Sap (thank Gilgabot for 400% speed emulators) so that Omega died while I was watching SGDQ on my second monitor.

I'm guessing I'll be doing this again when I hit Shinryu.

Then ... you just stagger them a bit. Don't have to enter the command instantly.

With Sing I setup two Romeos and a Swift Song. Eventually one Romeo is enough and then I hit him with a knife and switch to level / stat songs.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

God drat it. I was going for the Brave Blade so I haven't run from a fight all game. I finally get the damned thing, equip it, and it's got 149 attack. I was sure I hadn't ran once, but I guess I must have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
This has probably been my toughest Fiesta run. Having three Berserkers up until Krile has made things a bit of a slog. With Geo as my only other option, I was lacking in effective, controllable multi-target damage unless I got lucky with Wind Slashes in places where that is a thing.

I have Ranger now (thank you fifth job), which means I guess I can put a bow on my zerks and move them into the back row if I want. Also, if I grind to level 60 I'll at least have a shot at some healing with Unicorn.

Do Gaia or Animals screw up what's his nuts on the magic side of fork tower?

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jul 8, 2017

• Locked thread