Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Skip the Sargon episode and double back and listen to Jeff Evans & Bud Brutsman (Again). God drat what an episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

well why not posted:

Fun experiment is to mentally replace this guy's British accent with that of a stereotypical idiot of your choice and see how what he says sounds.

I tried this fun experiment and rofl replacing his accent with a stereotypical idiot voice in fact DOES make him sound stupid !! :xd:

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
It's crazy how an accent can change how you perceive someone. Check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUGT30gGtiI

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

not really

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

[quote="“Slotducks”" post="“473817492”"]
Skip the Sargon episode and double back and listen to Jeff Evans & Bud Brutsman (Again). God drat what an episode.
[/quote]

I saw Jeff Evans speak at a work convention back in I think 2011, and I got an autographed copy of his book. He came off as more of a Boy Scout during his speech, which I guess makes sense while being a motivational speaker at a corporate event. He has some interesting stories, but it was cool hearing him talk as a normal person during the Rogan episode after hearing his prepared routine at the convention.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Slotducks posted:

I'm an hour into it and working through it. So good

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Josh Barnett on for some nuanced discussion on economic systems, how soccer is gay and living under the tyranny of the SJW.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Are you suggesting soccer isn't gay or something? Mods?

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Is the recent Chris D'Elia episode good?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

hot sauce posted:

Is the recent Chris D'Elia episode good?

Actually yea I liked it a lot and I really don't have an opinion on delia. One of the better comedian episodes in awhile imo.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
who is gonna be on episode 1000? hopefully brian callen and his big oaf retard sidekick

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Brian redban

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Donald Trump

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

lol yeah

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Pocket Billiards posted:

Josh Barnett on for some nuanced discussion on economic systems, how soccer is gay and living under the tyranny of the SJW.

he's right

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe

Redban was terrible but I'd welcome this just for the aww gently caress factor.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Mods???

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

mike tyson will be on 1000

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Tyranny of the SJW is Joe's MO

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I realize it could never happen, but a 1000th episode of McGregor and Mayweather getting stoned as hell and talking poo poo for three hours would be the greatest moment in entertainment history

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Joe had someone on yesterday who poo poo on his supplements quackery and he gets pissed. This is some good stuff.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
On the Moshe and Natasha episode, it's interesting to me that Joe's understanding of current events is usually informed by the alt-right interpretation of facts. Like the dumb reddit WWE meme guy being a 15 year old when we know that's confirmed fake (he did have some obfuscatory details in there) and also omitting that the controversy about the reddit dude was more about his history of anti-semitism and the president drawing from those fever swamps and not the WWE video per se. He also pushed back on Moshe's objectively true correction that the dude wasn't 15 with no factual basis.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

KyloWinter posted:

Joe had someone on yesterday who poo poo on his supplements quackery and he gets pissed. This is some good stuff.

Timestamp on that part?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I poo poo my pants when she said, about Gwyneth Paltrow's vagina egg things, "if you want to strengthen your vagina just do some kegels on a dick. It's a win for everyone."

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice

Piquai Souban posted:

Timestamp on that part?

Two hours in and I haven't gotten to it yet so I'm starting to assume he meant the part earlier in where the guest respectfully tells Joe that she doesn't have enough information to comment and they move on without incident

Kiger_Soze
Feb 1, 2005

KyloWinter posted:

I like how he fails to mention his double blind placebo controlled study involved around 20 people and a few dropped out.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Kiger_Soze posted:

I like how he fails to mention his double blind placebo controlled study involved around 20 people and a few dropped out.

Or that apparently theyve changed the formula since the controlled study happened.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Have any of you actually bought any Alpha Brain?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWUHjkZHfv-/?taken-by=joerogan

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

toggle posted:

Nobody make fun of this I want to know how many goons have wasted money on magic brain pills

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I chew alpha brain before I post

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I vacuum alpha brain up my rear end in a top hat

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Piquai Souban posted:

On the Moshe and Natasha episode, it's interesting to me that Joe's understanding of current events is usually informed by the alt-right interpretation of facts.

Every time Gamergate has come up Joe mentions journalistic ethics.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I've been taking Alpha Brain, New Mood, and Shroom Tech for some time now, and have evolved my primate body and mind such that I no longer desire to needlessly shitpost.

Good luck to the puny monkeys who've posted above. 🙊

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Wasnt Redban a frequent Alpha Brain user? More than the alleged studies, a useful data point.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Grey market boner pills

Dirt
May 26, 2003

The only thing I ever bought because of Joe Rogan was a Vitamix blender.

I regret nothing. Kale shakes are cool.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Dirt posted:

The only thing I ever bought because of Joe Rogan was a Vitamix blender.

I regret nothing. Kale shakes are cool.

Same here, and you can tell a lot about a JRE fan's vintage from whether or not they have a Vitamix or a Blendtec.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

toggle posted:

The funny thing is in one of the earlier podcasts he mentions what he used to take before Onnit existed, but they are like 1/4 the cost of Alpha Brain. I tried the cheap version and I don't notice a difference even though they are almost identical ingredients. It's me, I'm the sucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

My favorite part is how on the Onnit page for Alpha Brain it says "Clinically studied to help healthy individuals support memory, focus, and processing speed." and you have to scroll literally for thirty seconds to get to the bottom of the page where it says " This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA."