Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Porstuve
Apr 4, 2015

Found a website from reddit that allows you to look at different armor combinations from the comfort of your browser.

http://www.fashionofthewild.com/ for all of your Hyrule runway needs :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
I wonder what the rationale was behind making mid-tier weapons break so quickly.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Well, the first Master Sword trial wasn't that bad. About like Eventide Island I'd say, especially ending with the Hinox. I think I'll go a'wandering again before trying the next one; also I should probably start with full health next time. :v:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

My favorite NPC is probably Pepp, the Korok who fears vegetarians eating his face

actually, all of Korok Forest is adorable beyond belief

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I'd forgotten how much it rains in this game and how annoying it makes climbing. Just ugh, why! I even made a campfire to wait until morning and it was still raining!

Aside from the specific challenge of getting through the Zora area it's a meaningless drag. Is there some item that makes you able to climb in the rain?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Best you can do is just jump to the top of things with Revali's Gale.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Porstuve posted:

Found a website from reddit that allows you to look at different armor combinations from the comfort of your browser.

http://www.fashionofthewild.com/ for all of your Hyrule runway needs :dance:

Sweet.

EnvyJ
May 4, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Trial of the sword makes me rage

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Master mode trial is rough

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

We play as Link in Champions' Ballad

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/883283238793482241

Also looks like we're getting more armor stuff too

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/883283823307497472

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
huh, looks like its set after the main game with the shrine glowing and that looks like riju?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Perhaps the DLC involves Link & Zelda travelling and trying to recruit new champions for the newly repaired divine beasts, as alluded to in the endgame cutscene

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i bet theres new shrines too so you can max out health and stamina.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So I'm doing the Trial of the Sword and I just got to the first non-combat room, with the 3 chests. At what point does it save? Or do you need to start from the first floor any time you do the Trial?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RCarr posted:

So I'm doing the Trial of the Sword and I just got to the first non-combat room, with the 3 chests. At what point does it save? Or do you need to start from the first floor any time you do the Trial?

There are three sets of trials. It saves at the end of each one, when you leave the trial and return to the real world.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Bloop posted:

There are three sets of trials. It saves at the end of each one, when you leave the trial and return to the real world.

Ok, cool. Any idea how many floors each trial consists of?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

RCarr posted:

Ok, cool. Any idea how many floors each trial consists of?

First set is 12, second set is 16, final set is 23 (this includes the rest floors)

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Do you have to beast through all 3 trials in one shot to get the sword powered up or can you do them separately?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

KKKLIP ART posted:

Do you have to beast through all 3 trials in one shot to get the sword powered up or can you do them separately?

Separately. And you actually get an incremental power up after each set. Your sword goes to 40 power after the Beginner Trials, 50 power after the Middle Trials, and then the full 60+sword beams don't take durability after the Final Trials.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Hell yeah, that seems actually reasonable.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Beating the trials and powering up the master sword makes it so it has the durability of fighting guardians and blights even when fighting regular rear end enemies right

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Hey I'm thinking of buying a Switch with BoTW. I am not really up to date with games consoles but this looks good enough to make me bite.

What the gently caress is with Amiibos though - are Nintendo selling house clutter which then gives in game advantages? Are any of them really necessary to experience the full functiinality of the game?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Clamps McGraw posted:

Hey I'm thinking of buying a Switch with BoTW. I am not really up to date with games consoles but this looks good enough to make me bite.

What the gently caress is with Amiibos though - are Nintendo selling house clutter which then gives in game advantages? Are any of them really necessary to experience the full functiinality of the game?

Not at all. They give you random ingredients and weapons, and some give you costumes and special weapons but nothing out of the ordinary
Except ssbb Zelda. She can give you a bow with high durability and unlimited explosive arrows

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Calaveron posted:

Except ssbb Zelda. She can give you a bow with high durability and unlimited explosive arrows
Which is cool but completely not necessary. I didn't get it until after I beat the game and was going for my last hundred koroks.

Nicaden
Feb 17, 2012

Clamps McGraw posted:

No, they're not needed to experience the full game. They're just collectibles that you can use to unlock stuff ingame like outfits. For example, the various Link amiibos unlock different tunics depending on which Link it's based off.Say you have the Smash Link Amiibo, you can unlock the Twilight Princess set and the Epona mount, and so on with th other Amiibos.

They're just used to unlock stuff like cosmetic DLC, and you won't have any content like quests locked behind them. The only one that has the biggest gameplay role I can think of is the Wolf Link Amiibo, which allows you to summon Wolf Link as a NPC companion.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Clamps McGraw posted:

Think of Amiibo as multi-game DLC. So your Link statue can be used in almost every game with Amiibo support, usually giving really minor benefits. For games starring Link it might give bigger stuff though, like in BOTW it unlocks a costume, or in Hyrule Warriors it unlocked a unique weapon.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Carlosologist posted:

My favorite NPC is probably Pepp, the Korok who fears vegetarians eating his face

actually, all of Korok Forest is adorable beyond belief

Mine is Robbie, who's divorce papers will surely cite the oven he's trying to gently caress as cause for dissolution of marriage.

In a game where everyone is trying to gently caress link, Robbie's just trying to gently caress his oven

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Mine is Robbie, who's divorce papers will surely cite the oven he's trying to gently caress as cause for dissolution of marriage.

In a game where everyone is trying to gently caress link, Robbie's just trying to gently caress his oven

*guitar riff*

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
If an item of clothing has a stat boost and you also get a +3 boost from food for the same stat do you have a +4 boost or does it max out at +3?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

snoremac posted:

If an item of clothing has a stat boost and you also get a +3 boost from food for the same stat do you have a +4 boost or does it max out at +3?

I think the 3 boosts from clothes and the 3 boosts from food all stack.

Maybe.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It only stacks up to a total of +3.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

First two trials complete, slightly worried about entering the last because it means the game is over again and that if I die on those lower floors it is a hell of a long way back.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Bongo Bill posted:

It only stacks up to a total of +3.

I believe it was said earlier in the thread that there are exceptions to this, like the armor set bonuses for ancient weapons or bone weapons.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

The Bloop posted:

I think the 3 boosts from clothes and the 3 boosts from food all stack.

Maybe.

There is a level of stacking from armor + power-ups

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xKlhmVgkao

Also unscientifically, if I go at a Lynel with Fierce Diety armor alone I kill it faster if I have an L3 Attack buff.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
More Mipha and Revali pre-orders up on Best Buy. 7/7 @ 6:05pm est

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Oh boy the two worst champions, no thanks

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
Just beat the beginner trials on Master Mode. The room before last is basically insane and impossible if you don't know what to do and just start fighting. You can stealth it but it requires literally no mistakes.

Now to start the next trial...

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Calaveron posted:

Oh boy the two worst champions, no thanks

But Mipha's grace and Revali's gale are the two better powers in the game.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FireMrshlBill posted:

But Mipha's grace and Revali's gale are the two better powers in the game.

Miss
Mipha's Grace is just a fairy, which are free. Urbosa's Fury is a goddamn EMP and it rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

The only amiibo worth getting is a 20 heart wolf link save just because then its a dog that won't die instantly when an enemy looks at it funny and I find the dog legit charming to have along. If you feel guilty, buy the amiibo then buy a card or make your own.