Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GTJustin posted:

Picking wiz and doing G85s in 3 minutes with other lwiz and a zmonk

Real effort post, I would do the 65s till you have 66 gems, then do 70/75s etc. Swap to your support class and get carried by tryhards like DrSerrod to get gems past 80+

This is what I want is to find a goon who can power level me through greater rift 80s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Star Man posted:

The two most powerful builds in Diablo III are lightning wizard and hammersader.

We have invented nothing.

At least lightning doesn't have such a large damage range on it anymore, that was annoying.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Some hotfixes coming tomorrow. Nice little QoL change for the Rathma set there.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

I said come in! posted:

This is what I want is to find a goon who can power level me through greater rift 80s.

No reasonable player will be able to crush 85 in under 3 min solo, much less carry you through it. Players working together easily crush 85. Gear up a MH wiz or a shrine monk and start rolling in the gear and paragons

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

MMAgCh posted:

That change would actually have me consider playing that set.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Star Man posted:

The two most powerful builds in Diablo III are lightning wizard and hammersader.

We have invented nothing.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

the more things change the more they stay the same

i just wish Demon Hunter played a little more like Assassin

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

So when people say they run 6p Inarius and get 500m toughness, I assume you run other defensive items + a fuckton of paragon? I got the curse belt that grants defense, and am currently after that ammy that gives more Bone Armor stacks but even then I would not crack 500m.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Mindblast posted:

So when people say they run 6p Inarius and get 500m toughness, I assume you run other defensive items + a fuckton of paragon? I got the curse belt that grants defense, and am currently after that ammy that gives more Bone Armor stacks but even then I would not crack 500m.

You have Aquilas in the cube for another 50%, then the Compass set for 50% while moving, bone armor amulet in the cube for the extra stacks.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

You also have the Stand Alone passive (100% armor without pets) and the 100% armor rune on your Blood Rush. When you Decrepify things, they also then do 30% less damage. Then, you stack on all of the stuns from your armor, melee swings with curse rune, land of the dead, and you either have tons of mitigation for the damage you take or you just don't take it at all from some mobs as they are stunned and gunned. We'll see how much of the offense changes with today's hotfix though when the bonenado proc coefficient is no longer a 1. You'll still be tanky, but it may take a bit longer for your gems to melt things.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

euphronius posted:

I played a bunch of necro and I think it's too many buttons.

Too much to keep track of . It's like an advanced class.

Lol what, Inarius is literally Decrepify , then bone armor then profit

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
What gem are we going to use now that Mirinae is useless again?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Stricken or BotP are usually solid choices

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Carebearz posted:

Lol what, Inarius is literally Decrepify , then bone armor then profit

I don't have any sets yet

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Like does a klaxon bell go off at HQ if someone uses gems that don't start with Bane?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Is it literally nerfed to death or is just "great" instead of "tremendously OP"

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
I've seen people using Wreath of Lightning with Inarius for speedruns.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

euphronius posted:

Someone give this man some sets

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

euphronius posted:

Sounds like you're still in the phase where you can make most skill combos work. Can't you just switch it up to something less focus demanding?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

MMAgCh posted:

Called it. I knew Inarius was just too much fun not to get nerfed. Wish they said how bad they nerfed it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

That's only one way to play Inarius though, and it doesn't touch any other aspects besides just the very obviously unintended Miranae proc rate. I haven't even been using that gem because I knew there was no way it could stand.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

new phone who dis posted:

At least lightning doesn't have such a large damage range on it anymore, that was annoying.

My favorite part of lightning damage in Diablo 2 was the damage range! Do 1 damage the first hit then do 10 Million the next.

ChickenSuit
Apr 2, 2002

"You know I love you back."

exquisite tea posted:

That's only one way to play Inarius though, and it doesn't touch any other aspects besides just the very obviously unintended Miranae proc rate. I haven't even been using that gem because I knew there was no way it could stand.

What are you using instead? Bane and Pain are my other two. Can't decide on what to switch to. Guessing Efficacious Toxin?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Lightning was for trapsins, Meteorb Sorc for life.

Now that I think about it the visuals for MH Archon and trapsin are very similar, with the exception being that the Wiz herself is the trap.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

ChickenSuit posted:

What are you using instead? Bane and Pain are my other two. Can't decide on what to switch to. Guessing Efficacious Toxin?

Right now my Necro is CE so I use ESO to stand in the monster poop and live. If you're doing Lance then Zei's could be pretty great too.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Sorry if I missed it in the OP, but do we have a discord? I'm trying to get back into this after not playing since Crusader came out, and then I only played about a week. Some friends have it on console and it's a bunch of fun playing with people.

I play exclusively hardcore if anyone else does also.

Edit: Found the hardcore thread. Joining the guild. No discord though?

TheFonz fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jul 7, 2017

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

exquisite tea posted:

Now that I think about it the visuals for MH Archon and trapsin are very similar, with the exception being that the Wiz herself is the trap.

You'll have to pry my Frozen Orb out of my cold, Frostburn covered hands.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

exquisite tea posted:

Nah. If you wantes to mix elements, it was always better to go Lightning Orb because there were way fewer enemies with lightning immunity than fire immunity. And even then, once you're using a wand with Lower Resistance charges or giving an Infinity polearm on your mercenary, it's so much easier to just stick with a single element.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Finished the DLC campaign and about to hit 70 with my Necromancer and I'm wondering where to go from here. This is my 1st character to hit 70 so whatever I've found along the way this playthrough is the best of my equipment.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Shyfted One posted:

Finished the DLC campaign and about to hit 70 with my Necromancer and I'm wondering where to go from here. This is my 1st character to hit 70 so whatever I've found along the way this playthrough is the best of my equipment.

Your next goal is to clear a Greater Rift - 70. Get at it!

(Start playing in "Adventure Mode". Run nephalem rifts, greater rifts, and act bounties to get more loot/better loot. Find Kanai's Cube!)

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
So Trag'oul's is the new best Necro set, already starting to dominate the leaderboards for solo GR pushes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72LEHAhD3H4

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Mr Scumbag posted:

So Trag'oul's is the new best Necro set, already starting to dominate the leaderboards for solo GR pushes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72LEHAhD3H4

Thank god I didn't augment any of my gear. Also gently caress blizzard for not banning cheaters.

I went digging, apparently this was the issue.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20757656102

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 8, 2017

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

MMAgCh posted:

Scratch that, delayed until Monday. :lol:

That sad, I have been having fun with the Rathma set. Admittedly I don't go in for GR pushing, but compared to most of my other characters the build deals some pretty impressive damage. Fairly squishy though.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

veedubfreak posted:

Thank god I didn't augment any of my gear. Also gently caress blizzard for not banning cheaters.

I went digging, apparently this was the issue.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20757656102

Since that screen is apparently a pvp kill, heres one from the same thread of a GR Boss kill.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

veedubfreak posted:

Called it. I knew Inarius was just too much fun not to get nerfed. Wish they said how bad they nerfed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w5mDN0q3Fk

Travis Day did mention that they wanted to add some sort of compensation, so maybe buffing the 6pc damage is how they will do it. I don't think we'll find out until the week of S11, assuming they even get a lot of those changes done by then. If not, S12 PTR.

E:

Mr Scumbag posted:

Yea, the build is very strong, but it relies on using two 2-minute cooldowns to burst down an elite or two and then survive until they're available again. I wasn't a fan of the playstyle, despite it being extremely strong, but being able to kill elites with one 10-second cycle at like GR100+ is crazy good.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jul 8, 2017

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

DrSeRRoD posted:

Yea, the build is very strong, but it relies on using two 2-minute cooldowns to burst down an elite or two and then survive until they're available again. I wasn't a fan of the playstyle, despite it being extremely strong, but being able to kill elites with one 10-second cycle at like GR100+ is crazy good.

It's not too bad once you've got maxed out CDR, and with the passive that reduces cooldowns, it ends up syncing up almost perfectly, moving from elite pack to elite pack. Plus, you can spend the time grouping up packs for after you one shot the elite

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

:negative:

Inverted Sphere
Aug 19, 2013
So now that it's had time to be out for a little bit, what's the overall nutshelled verdict on Necromancers? I know pet builds aren't all that viable or are otherwise finicky, and I know the class was generally undertuned on purpose and is probably going to get better over time, but is it still fun to play as-is? Got a few extra hours at work so I'm considering dropping the 15 and treating myself a little.

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014
I had a lot of fun trying our the sets and enjoying broken inarius, and am confident I'll at least alt necromancer every season for a while. plus stash tabs.

it's worth, it's one of the more basically "fun" classes to me (tho I like em all for the most part), next to monk

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
As a casual player who only recently turned 70, I've enjoyed Necromancer. Haven't been able to try out the sets yet, but otherwise the class feels fun and I look forward to them tuning it further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
I got my 6pc Inarius last night due to some very nice goons who let me leech their T13 runs, and even not optimized and without that special gem, the scythe, etc. it's a lot of fun. I soloed GR25 which was amazing for how bad I am at the game, so I hope they don't nerf the set too much overall. I don't plan to push GR hard or anything but for casual poo poo I like it.

I have a good start on Trag'oul and Rathma too, so just in case! Not sure if I'm gonna necro for season, but I'm enjoying it.