Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Demon Of The Fall posted:

can someone link a brother to this Hugh stuff? must have missed that

I was in love with a guy with autism and he treated me horribly and I put up with it for over 10 years, even past the point of utter absurdity. That is ultimately the story.

It actually sort of reminds me of that story not from r/r, but from here (?) about the woman whose husband was super obsessed with M:TG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

When in doubt, remember men are scum and care only about sex. You think, "but without me, he'll be eating out of trash cans and pooping in tins". He doesn't care. As long as he can get his wiener in ~special holes~ that is his only metric for quality of life. At some point he'll dump her and the kids and go ruin their lives for someone else whose life he'll ruin. It's the circle of life.

frankly we can get off better just masturbating too, we're only humoring you

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
dudes in this thread: "no poo poo he was cheating on her, no man would ever go 7 months without loving something even if they hate the thing they're loving"
other ppl in the thread: "yeah definitely, i was thinking that same thing"

pick: "dudes are obsessed with their dicks and can't go without loving whatever random hole"
other ppl in the thread: "that's completely wrong and hosed up"

I don't think the first statement is really all that different from the second...

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

InediblePenguin posted:

dudes in this thread: "no poo poo he was cheating on her, no man would ever go 7 months without loving something even if they hate the thing they're loving"

pick: "dudes are obsessed with their dicks and can't go without loving whatever random hole"

I don't think the first statement is really all that different from the second...

man other ppl in the thread's post history sounds like a riot that guy is craaaazy

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

man other ppl in the thread's post history sounds like a riot

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

We are, all of us, flawed, and just looking in our very imperfect ways for comfort and connection.

Me [22M] with my GF [19F] 6 years. wants me to get a "real" job.Relationships

quote:

Ji An and I have been together since she was in middle school, and I was in high school. She is the best friend of my little sister and I have known her since elementary school pretty much.
I have always been in love with music. When I turned 18, i got booked to DJ at a skating ring in town. Ji An supported me like crazy. for the next few years, she came to listen to my sets no matter where i was currently booked at.
Her parents, on the other hand, havent been quite so supportive. They think that i am wasting my life, and that I am not, and never have been good enough for her. at one point, they forced her to go out on dates with other guys. They have been trying to separate us forever.
Things changed after Ji An graduated, and started University. I have been getting more and more gigs, playing at bigger clubs. People have started to recognize me. I feel that my time is finally coming.
Ji An isnt happy for me anymore though. She doesnt even come to listen anymore. She always complains about money, she complains that being a musician wont be enough to take care of our future children. She says that i cant take care of her this way.
Last night, Ji An finally said it. She said that it was time for me to grow up, and get a real job. She wants me to go and work for her fathers kbbq resturaunt.
Her saying this, just tells me that her parents finally got to her. They have finally turned her against me. She knows that this has been my dream forever. I support the fact that she wants to go to college, get into crippling debt, and try to become a Vet. She should support me to right?
BTW. my genre is EDM. I do play other types of music if i get booked for a wedding or a quince or something.
How do i convince her that my dream is valid, and even though I am barely scraping by, with hard work i can build a life for us both with my music.
tl;dr: My girlfriend thinks its time i quit EDM, and get a real job, at a Kbbq place.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

InediblePenguin posted:

Yet I've been willingly celibate for a decade or whatever despite possessing a libido. :shrug:

I think they're all wrong in general. Obviously I'm just too good for garbage cans or whatever. :rolleyes:

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Pick posted:

When in doubt, remember men are scum and care only about sex. You think, "but without me, he'll be eating out of trash cans and pooping in tins". He doesn't care. As long as he can get his wiener in ~special holes~ that is his only metric for quality of life. At some point he'll dump her and the kids and go ruin their lives for someone else whose life he'll ruin. It's the circle of life.

Good old Pick. You should see what I have to go through to get my boyfriend interested in sex instead of hobbies sometimes.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pvt.Scott posted:

Yet I've been willingly celibate for a decade or whatever despite possessing a libido. :shrug:

I think they're all wrong in general. Obviously I'm just too good for garbage cans or whatever. :rolleyes:

Stick you're weiner in a garbage can! :catstare:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Sometimes in a "get a load of these turds" threads you make generalizations for joke/observation reasons, like that the guy obviously trying to get with his 21 y/o sister in law right in front of his wife might not be a faithful, disciplined and powerful VolCel like forums poster Pvt.Scott or someone too busy collecting stamps to get busy collecting humps like timefly's fellah. God bless.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

We are, all of us, flawed, and just looking in our very imperfect ways for comfort and connection.

Me [22M] with my GF [19F] 6 years. wants me to get a "real" job.Relationships
The update post. :catstare:

quote:

I know this is a fast update, but alot has happened.

So after work last Saturday night, I was talking to some of the club security about my problem. This guy Jose, said that i could come and work with him at his job. He is a painter, and he said that his company is in need of helpers. the schedule works with my DJ schedule too.

its mon-fri 6am-230pm, sat 5am-11am. The work wasnt too hard. It was mostly just standing around, holding on to a hose, mixing paint, and cleaning brushes. sometimes i would hold onto a ladder or something. The job comes with health+dental+vision 40% co-pay. also 401k, 4% all-in, i am not sure what that means, but its 401k.

I took a picture of myself in my new uniform, orange rubber work boots, white coveralls, orange rubber gloves, and a respirator. I sent the picture to Ji An, saying check out my new uniform.

I didnt expect her to respond at 6am, but she did. She didnt believe me at 1st, and when she finally did she told me that i needed to come to her house directly after work, because there was something important that we needed to talk about.

So after work, I went to see Ji An(her family went out for breakfast to give us time to talk). She congratulated me on the job. She said that she knew that i could do it, and she loved me. She also apologized for her attitude the past couple of months. She said she needed to tell me something. She has wanted to tell me for a while, but she was too afraid. Working as a DJ is amazing she said. She said that she knows that I am very talented, and given enough time, i could be huge. The problem is, there isnt enough time anymore.

Then she told me. She is pregnant. At this point she starts crying. She is sobbing so hard, that i can hardly understand her. She says to me that she is so sorry. She must have missed a day taking birth control. She didnt realize it until it was too late. I asked her was she sure. She said yes. She has been to a doctor, it wasnt a false positive. I tried to hug her, to tell her its going to be ok. I tell her there are "options". She cries even harder. She pretty much screams NO in my ear. she is going to keep the baby.

She just stayed in my arms, sobbing for a little while. I was the 1st person she told. she had been dealing with this all on her own for months. I thought she had just put on a little weight, i didnt want to mention it. I had been blaming her for changing on me, and trying to change me into something i am not. I felt like a massive dick.

After Ji An calmed down, she explained a little more. She said was going to leave school. She would work in her dad's restaurant until she had the baby, in order to save money. Then we could get a place together(since my place is too small for 2 people and a baby). She wanted me to come with her when she broke the news to her family. She would come with me when i told mine.

She said she is proud of me that i got a dayjob(with benefits). And she apologized to me again for ruining everything. I tried to tell her that it isnt her fault, and everything would be fine. I can tell though that she is really blaming herself.

last night we had dinner with ALL of the parents together. We told them everything. about the baby, about my job, about her deciding to quit school. My parents took things ok. They have always loved Ji An. They wanted us to have children together one day. they expressed disappointment that we made a mistake like this right now, and they know it will be hard, but they think that we can handle it. Ji An's parents were not so understanding. They berated her for being so irresponsible. Her father said that she is disgraceful. I could tell that she wanted to cry, but she held it in, and only apologized more for our mistake. Her father said that they would not support her anymore. He gave her until the baby is born to move out. As of right then though, she wouldnt receive 1 single dime that she didnt work for herself. It seemed like her mother was going to say something different, but he shushed her with a sideways glance.

Things are going to be harder than ever for me. I will be working harder than I ever have in my life, but I at least have a reason. I still refuse to give up my music though.

I didnt tell her that I saved up 5k in the last few years for an engagement ring. Maybe i should use what i have, and get her a ring. I really doubt she will say no now.

tl;dr: I got a "real" job. Turns out that my GF is pregnant, thats why she got all judgmental. She wants to keep the baby, we told our parents. they were not happy. I am thinking about asking her to marry me.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Haifisch posted:

Oh wow I missed that. I mean if it's all true the dude un-turded himself really admirably. Shame about his ladygal's parents.

Don't spend 5 large on a bauble in your situation though, my dude!

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Don't spend 5 large on a bauble in your situation though, my dude!

I'd call this a solid success story if he avoids dropping cash on a ring instead of hanging onto it for baby expenses.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I bet if they marry and he keeps working his 9-5 and being a stand up dude, the gal's parents will probably eventually soften somewhat at least for the sake of seeing the grandchild. As lovely they are being in the immediate wake of their daughter's "dishonor."

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Sometimes in a "get a load of these turds" threads you make generalizations for joke/observation reasons, like that the guy obviously trying to get with his 21 y/o sister in law right in front of his wife might not be a faithful, disciplined and powerful VolCel like forums poster Pvt.Scott or someone too busy collecting stamps to get busy collecting humps like timefly's fellah. God bless.

Dude's trying to hump the sister-in-law, no doubt.

My fluids are precious.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Haifisch posted:

my girlfriend is being disowned by her parents because she wants to keep her baby, and we're going to have to move to a new place together in preparation for this human life. also, I'm thinking of spending my savings on a trinket? thoughts?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I know were all pumped for this dude to get a real job but seriously that girl is a trainwreck he shouldnt marry.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

timefly posted:

Good old Pick. You should see what I have to go through to get my boyfriend interested in sex instead of hobbies sometimes.

Dress up as Winston Churchill?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Pick posted:

I was in love with a guy with autism and he treated me horribly and I put up with it for over 10 years, even past the point of utter absurdity. That is ultimately the story.

It actually sort of reminds me of that story not from r/r, but from here (?) about the woman whose husband was super obsessed with M:TG.

leave GBS and go to reddit where you obviously belong

thanks

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

We shall go on to the end. We shall gently caress in France, we shall gently caress on the seas and oceans, we shall gently caress with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall gently caress on the beaches, we shall gently caress on the landing grounds, we shall gently caress in the fields and in the streets, we shall gently caress in the hills; we shall never surrender,

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Barudak posted:

I know were all pumped for this dude to get a real job but seriously that girl is a trainwreck he shouldnt marry.
Its always the people who clearly shouldn't have kids that get teen pregnant.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

Its always the people who clearly shouldn't have kids that get teen pregnant.

Except Mary, Mother of God and Queen of Heaven, of course.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

There's a reason why "I like to travel and go on adventures" is a bigger dating site red flag than "I like animals more than people", although beware either one.

Wait, maybe I've been shooting myself in the foot. Why exactly is this a red flag?

(Back in grad school I had to fly a lot and used to really play up the world traveling scientist thing)

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
edit: double post

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

P. confident saying no man hates his wife quite enough to inflict a 7-month dry spell on himself so if he wasn't eating out of his bowl, he was definitely tipping over garbage cans-

:drat: did you make that one up yourself? Because that's as sick as it is savage. :nice:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
My [26M] friend of 2 years [23F] accidentally let a 3 foot python loose in my house.

quote:

I don't really know how to put all of the relevant info in a logical order so I hope this doesn't end up a mess. I'll start with my friend.

So my friend, who we'll call Liz, is very impulsive and has several times in the past done things she has already been told not to do. My house is usually where we hang out and I usually have around 4 or 5 friends over at a time. She will take food out of my fridge without permission until told specifically to stop. Telling her that she shouldn't or that it's rude is often not enough. I finally told her "No" in clear strong words and she has not taken food without permission since. She also likes reptiles, she has a pet gecko and is obsessed with touching snakes and lizards.

My housemate [23F], we'll call Kim, has a 3 foot long python. She likes to spend most of the summer at her parents house so my roommate checks in on the snake every day or so.

Now to the event: my friends and I were carpooling to the theater last night to see the new spider-man movie (it was good) so we all met at my house. Liz needed to use the restroom before we left but my roommate was in ours so I told her she could use Kim's bathroom, she has allowed us to do this in the past so it was with her permission. Liz asked if the snake was still in the room and I knew that meant she wanted to touch it. I told her in strong clear words to not touch the snake unless given explicit permission from its owner and she went to use the rest room.

Well sure enough 10 minutes later she come out with a very minor bite mark on her arm, a warning from the snake. She tried to hold someone else' python and got bit. I told her she was no longer allowed in that room and she said that was fair. I didn't think to ask if she closed the cage and I didn't look to see myself. I mistakenly thought she was smart enough to close a reptile cage seeing as she owns one.

So we go see the movie and have a good night and after I go home and go to sleep. It was not until the next morning that I go into Kim's room to close the window to turn on the AC that I notice the cage is empty and the door is open.

At this point I should add that I am not a fan of snakes, I have no problem with them when in a cage but a loose python is a whole different story. We also have a cat in the house who could have killed or been killed by the snake if they met. Luckily nothing bad came of it. Kim came home and found the snake coiled around her shower curtain rod (no idea how it got up there).

As it stands I have banned Liz from coming into my house again. I just don't know if I want to stay friends with her at all. I'm trying to think of things that I like about her and all I could come up with is that she's usually available to hang out when I am. I still care about her and don't want to hurt her but I'm just so done with her having no respect for me or anyone else in my home. Do you think I am handling this fairly?

tl;dr: My friend's lack of regard for my instructions resulted in a 3 foot python being set loose in my house.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
edit: nevermind

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Drunk Nerds posted:

:drat: did you make that one up yourself? Because that's as sick as it is savage. :nice:

Paraphrased it from an addage I've heard about keeping your man happy/not withholding sex as a weapon lest he become unfaithful: "a well-fed dog won't root through the trash."

Probably not true of dogs but the metaphorical intent is clear.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

maskenfreiheit posted:

Wait, maybe I've been shooting myself in the foot. Why exactly is this a red flag?

(Back in grad school I had to fly a lot and used to really play up the world traveling scientist thing)

Because most of the people who put that on their dating profile don't know what an adventure actually is. Their interpretation typically boils down to "went to the mall on the other side of town instead of the one close by" or "tried a new restaurant"

The travel part is fine, imo.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Haifisch posted:

My [26M] friend of 2 years [23F] accidentally let a 3 foot python loose in my house.

Oh no, that poor snake! :ohdear:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Travel people are often pretty vapid about it tho, like they just hit the tourist traps and talk about how enlightening the experience is (for their instagram) and are looking for someone who can fund said lifestyle. Not to say enjoying travel is inherently bad or anything, just that I find the people who put it in their profiles are often the kind of people who include 'live, love, laugh".

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You have to travel for a reason. When I went to Amsterdam I was the only person in the Oude Kerk even though they were testing the organ :(. But the Oude Kerk itself is surrounded by sex shops and weed. You can sex shops and weed at home you assholes! :argh:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

I Was The Fury posted:

Because most of the people who put that on their dating profile don't know what an adventure actually is. Their interpretation typically boils down to "went to the mall on the other side of town instead of the one close by" or "tried a new restaurant"

The travel part is fine, imo.

oh ok.

maybe i should clarify i mean things like breaking into abandon east german amusement parks, not like, eating indian food

ArbitraryC posted:

Travel people are often pretty vapid about it tho, like they just hit the tourist traps and talk about how enlightening the experience is (for their instagram) and are looking for someone who can fund said lifestyle. Not to say enjoying travel is inherently bad or anything, just that I find the people who put it in their profiles are often the kind of people who include 'live, love, laugh".

travel isn't actually that expensive, especially if you do it right and stay in hostels or take night trains. only thing i'll miss about grad school is the side trips.

Pick posted:

You have to travel for a reason. When I went to Amsterdam I was the only person in the Oude Kerk even though they were testing the organ :(. But the Oude Kerk itself is surrounded by sex shops and weed. You can sex shops and weed at home you assholes! :argh:

their weed is actually kind of bad compared to denver's anyways

otoh their musuems are awesome (except the ann frank house, which is overrated)

and did you go to vondelpark? vondelpark is the best.

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jul 8, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
No, didn't have time. I thought the Rijksmuseum would take less time since it was being fixed up at the time but it turns out they still had a lot of loving great art on display so that happened

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
I [26M] masturbated at the same time as my best friend [27M] and my SO [23F] of 1.5 years says I cheated.

quote:

My SO is currently in South America on vacation and I'm staying with my best friend of 13+ years in his studio apartment, taking advantage of some down time before I start grad school. Mostly we have been on our computers just playing games, watching movies, etc. Until at one point, my friend, in a fit of boredom, puts on some porn.

I saw he was getting into it, but that he didn't want to just start jacking it in front of me. I figured "Hey! Im a sex positive person," and told him not to mind me and jerk off if he wanted. He did.

After giving it a couple of minutes of watching the same porn I figured "Eh! What the hell, when in Rome." Masturbated myself, came in about 15 seconds and went back to computer stuff. We did not touch each other, did not make eye contact, did not even make noise. After cumming, I even found it comical.

Anyways, the very next day I tell my girlfriend about the experience thinking she might find it funny like me or even erotic. She reacts with confusion, uncertainty and ultimately asserts that she considers this cheating (which I didn't even think about). She takes issue with the fact I was thoughtless. She said she's unsure if she can ever forgive me or trust me again.

And to me. . . it was just a wank. There was no thrill associated with infidelity or a sexual bond with another person. I suppose just want to hear what Reddit thinks about this (especially any women so I can get my GF's perspective). Did I cheat? Is there any way I can explain this better to my Girlfriend? Any other advice to help me empathize with my GF.

And just to answer some complicating factors. I identify as heterosexual (this is the most homosexual thing I've ever done) and my friend identifies as a heterosexual. Furthermore, me and my girlfriend are liberal and atheist, so we do not subscribe to any rigid or conservative ethical doctrines.

tldr; Masturbated to porn at the same time as a heterosexual friend in the same room. Girlfriend says I cheated, doesn't feel like I did. What do?

Edit: Thanks for the honest advice everyone. I now see why I was in the wrong. My SO got to a hostel and I expressed my apologies. She has forgiven me and we will try to move past this. At least I dont have to worry about this kind of thing happening again. (It was pretty not hot, haha)
Just two bros masturbating alongside each other, as bros do.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Pick posted:

lmao it's not that, arts and crafts mostly

:(

At least he doesn't play video games or use the Internet recreationally, which is sexy as hell

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

timefly posted:

lmao it's not that, arts and crafts mostly

:(

At least he doesn't play video games or use the Internet recreationally, which is sexy as hell

Yeah, that's a big upshot. Keep him if you can, with arts and crafts he's less likely to develop fetishes dangerous to your health. Good luck.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Haifisch posted:

This is no different than opening the door and shooing someone's indoor cat outside. :murder:

Most pythons are pretty mellow - she had to have done something incredibly stupid to have gotten bitten. Forget banning them from the house - someone who doesn't understand/respect boundaries shouldn't be your friend.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

maskenfreiheit posted:

travel isn't actually that expensive, especially if you do it right and stay in hostels or take night trains. only thing i'll miss about grad school is the side trips.
yeah if you do it that way, I'm just saying the venn diagram here doesn't have a lot of overlap. I've got nothing against travel as a hobby but I do have plenty of mediocre experiences with people who really milk their tourist trip to spain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

quote:

[–]Sunfl00 -117 points 1 year ago

Unlike a lot of people questioning your sexuality here, I just want to affirm that straight guys sometimes jerk off around each other. In fact, "circle jerks" and stuff like that used to be pretty common. Anyway, as a woman, I wouldn't consider this cheating, or be upset by it. But that's mainly because I have an open relationship and I'm not very jealous. I could see why she upset, as she thinks you crossed a boundary that you didn't know existed. Apologize profusely, promise to never do it again, and don't.

[–]Zykium 158 points 1 year ago

No way are circle jerks or being jack off buddies regular occurrences.

[–]yuudachi 75 points 1 year ago

They are a normal thing. I know because it happens in all the gay porn I watch.