Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The two-door also looks a good deal like the 1971 Toyota Corolla used in Friday the 13th Part 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

The car is a 1979 Chevrolet Chevette, as confirmed in the game files. Since the game takes place in the summer, it can't possibly be an 80 (Crystal Lake map is in 79; new model years don't come out until the fall). By the way? Actually pretty reliable. Easy to work on. The 80s models anyway, I had a neighbor who had one, in yellow even, and it always ran really well. It's parked now, but they bought a Jeep.

I almost want to ask if they want to sell it. Fill the backseat with camping gear and perma-lock the doors. Slap a Crystal Lake bumper sticker on it. Dress as Chad. See if anyone gets it.

until you go camping with another man dressed as chad who steals your car

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Gunder posted:

I love the games where you stop caring about surviving/killing because another player keeps making you laugh. Played a game with a guy named Piano Man who played LaChappa and ran over all the counsellors in the 4 door while blasting Katy Perry's Fireworks over voice chat. It was really dumb, but it made me laugh a lot.

One of my first games me, a liar and a Korean guy were all walking up the paths together with our flashlights on drunkenly singing. Jason killed everyone else and then when (s)he mopped us up (s)he had a little song too!

It's what I like about the game. Nothing is too dumb to happen.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

chitoryu12 posted:

The two-door also looks a good deal like the 1971 Toyota Corolla used in Friday the 13th Part 2.

It's also a Chevette, and it's actually not a two door rather just two seats. The back seats are filled with stuff, hence why you can't get in.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Skunkrocker posted:

It's also a Chevette, and it's actually not a two door rather just two seats. The back seats are filled with stuff, hence why you can't get in.

Yeah I noticed that right away.

Oy, these lazy yobs reused the model I said to meself.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Skunkrocker posted:

It's still a two-door car, just the kind where it has a back seat that you need to push the front seats forward to get into. For obvious reasons, every video game that has those cars just treats them as two-seaters.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

That's really cool. It'll probably work out, but I can't imagine how that conversation will go.

"Hey you know your loved one that just passed away? We want to bring her back so she dies many times over again in our video game"

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Grem posted:

That's really cool. It'll probably work out, but I can't imagine how that conversation will go.

"Hey you know your loved one that just passed away? We want to bring her back so she dies many times over again in our video game"

I mean, real talk, that's likely going to be the biggest problem with bringing the Wheel Chair guy from Part 2 in.

He died a few years after Part 2, so his death in that movie is kind of uncomfortable for his family.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Apple2o posted:

If I didn't make so much money id feel robbed of that 40 bucks :smuggo:

:lol:

I'm super rich. My hobbies are playing video games I hate and then complaining about them on a message board. Also gently caress liberals.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Burkion posted:

He died a few years after Part 2, so his death in that movie is kind of uncomfortable for his family.

It was 14 years later, and died of AIDS complications, it's not like it was a violent death. I'd never presume to predict how a family is going to handle a tragedy like that, but I wouldn't think the death of a character he played in 1981 would be that much of an issue for them.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Apple2o posted:

Butthurt liberals always bringing up politics in completely unrelated situations. This thread is supposed to be for bitching about how terrible this game is.

This game is awful and only "good" if you play with friends or strangers with mics and that is pretty much every game ever so it doesn't get points for that.

Otherwise it's a buggy, laggy, unbalanced, grief-prone mess. So many random teamkillers combined with gamebreaking bugs; like being literally invincible in the car if you are driving in the opposite direction as Jason (cause for some reason you can only slam on hoods if they are driving towards you, makes sense!).

nice mini meltdown

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Apple2o posted:

Butthurt liberals always bringing up politics in completely unrelated situations. This thread is supposed to be for bitching about how terrible this game is.

This game is awful and only "good" if you play with friends or strangers with mics and that is pretty much every game ever so it doesn't get points for that.

Otherwise it's a buggy, laggy, unbalanced, grief-prone mess. So many random teamkillers combined with gamebreaking bugs; like being literally invincible in the car if you are driving in the opposite direction as Jason (cause for some reason you can only slam on hoods if they are driving towards you, makes sense!).

Hmm, a Trump supporter who's mad at the game and stating his incorrect assumptions as fact. Way to prove his point for him, idiot.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

It's still a two-door car, just the kind where it has a back seat that you need to push the front seats forward to get into. For obvious reasons, every video game that has those cars just treats them as two-seaters.

DENIED, SIT DOWN

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
"lachappa! Just take the boxes out of the back! It's a 4 seater."

"*wheezing * nah man just go." dies of early onset heart disease

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Those boxes contain the cure for cancer

You can't just throw them out

They're likely just Chubs' playboy collection. It was the 80s, people still collected those then

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
the box is full of empty medical spray cans and busted walkie-talkies

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

The box is Chad's. It's a small gas can, extra battery, and spare keys.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
It's Tiffany's industrial hair dryer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f5y1w7sZ0s

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Skunkrocker posted:

DENIED, SIT DOWN

Now that's just unfair.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I am prepared to endorse the suggestion that the boxes contain LaChappa's complete set of D&D manuals, because he is exactly the kind of person who would bring them with him when he went camping.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I saw a video where Kenny managed to glitch himself onto the hood of the car with a shotgun, and honestly that's what I'd do in real life if Jason was trashing my scene.

I mean, if I wasn't the first to die which is hilariously likely with my luck.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Wanderer posted:

I am prepared to endorse the suggestion that the boxes contain LaChappa's complete set of D&D manuals, because he is exactly the kind of person who would bring them with him when he went camping.

In TYOOL 1979-1984 Advanced Dungeons & Dragons was still in its first edition and only had a few rulebooks and supplements. A complete set would easily fit in a backpack.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Phyresis posted:

In TYOOL 1979-1984 Advanced Dungeons & Dragons was still in its first edition and only had a few rulebooks and supplements. A complete set would easily fit in a backpack.

He has extra PHBs to hand out to the table.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Phyresis posted:

Lachappa would bring 100s of character sheets, dry erase maps, figures, dice, foam maps, felt maps, costumes, and replica weapons.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
NEEEEEERRRRRRDDDDDDDDDSSSSS

it's me as adam

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

"Let's play campfire murder mystery, guys! I brought costumes for everyone, but I must ensure that the fit is correct, so Tiffany, if you would kindly step this way please,"

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I wonder if the dude who backed the game at the tier to be added as Lachappa feels any regret

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kelp Plankton posted:

I wonder if the dude who backed the game at the tier to be added as Lachappa feels any regret

If he does he is a fool

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

oh

my

God...

is that a dead BODY??? :staredog:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Kelp Plankton posted:

Something about Chad being the only male counselor who isn't a real person is too perfect.

Also I'd totally buy Brandon a beer for being my main IRL

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Queering Wheel posted:

It makes me really sad to see so many people opposing the devs on this :smith:

You'd think that banning worthless racists/homophobes/sexists wouldn't even be slightly controversial but I guess we still have a long way to go.

I hope all the ones that are against the devs quit, then we won't have to worry about people being ridiculous in voice chat if your picking up randoms from lfg.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I mean he is a solid character, a lot of people like him, sure jokes get made but jokes get made about everyone in the game. He should be proud.

Besides, I don't picture Eric as a dumpy nerd myself. I think of him more like Shelley. He's a goofball, the Chunk of the group. Enjoys light beer. And, if he is indeed a Kickstarter guy, probably likes those "video nasties" at Action Video 8.

Also, this is projecting, but I also like to think he's gay. I know a lot of nerdy bears and the only thing LaChappa is missing is a beard. :v:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Skunkrocker posted:

I mean he is a solid character, a lot of people like him, sure jokes get made but jokes get made about everyone in the game. He should be proud.

Besides, I don't picture Eric as a dumpy nerd myself. I think of him more like Shelley. He's a goofball, the Chunk of the group. Enjoys light beer. And, if he is indeed a Kickstarter guy, probably likes those "video nasties" at Action Video 8.

Also, this is projecting, but I also like to think he's gay. I know a lot of nerdy bears and the only thing LaChappa is missing is a beard. :v:

He does not have enough enough height or body hair to be a bear.

You will not besmirch that title with Chubs.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

He's working on it. Give him a few years.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

I feel bad for the guy who donated to be Kenny.

:) "I'm head counselor? Neat! What are my stats?"

:grin: "5 out of 10 in everything."

:(

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Yeah, he got kind of shafted.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
id say god shafted him harder by making him look like jontron

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

they should give him 6 in everything tbqh but more importantly they should remove thick skinned and give counselors built-in damage absorption as another balance axis

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Coolguye posted:

id say god shafted him harder by making him look like jontron

Jokes on us, it was Jontron that backed the game and he was based on.

loving Jontron why did you have to be a piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
nah in that case he got exactly what he deserved and the world makes sense tbh

• Locked thread