Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Diamonds being rare is the greatest racket ever. Although the colored diamonds are legitimately more rare. My mom used to run a jewelry store and they used to go bananas for the colored diamonds. If I remember it's the full reds are the rarest and go for crazy bucks, I wanna say something like a million dollars a carat but that sounds a bit crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

We have evidence that a credible threat exists on Jupiter. They have a tremendous stockpile of toxic gases that could be weaponized into a chemical WMD. Given a complete lack of diplomatic response on Jupiter's side we will be invading tomorrow.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

tastefully arranged labia posted:

We have evidence that a credible threat exists on Jupiter. They have a tremendous stockpile of toxic gases that could be weaponized into a chemical WMD. Given a complete lack of diplomatic response on Jupiter's side we will be invading tomorrow.

Just in time for the Space Corps to have their first mission.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

This mission is about hearts and minds. Therefore Cheney IIXX will be leading the reconstruction efforts in conjunction with Halley Burton Inc.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

What are we going to do about satellite territories of the jovian empire, such as Europa?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

orange juche posted:

What are we going to do about satellite territories of the jovian empire, such as Europa?
Ice them all.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I think it was the 2010 book that talked about the core of jupiter being a diamond the size of earth or something crazy.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

orange juche posted:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

I think it was the 2010 book that talked about the core of jupiter being a diamond the size of earth or something crazy.

It's a GAS GIANT gosh don't you know ANYTHING?!?!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

ded posted:

It's a GAS GIANT gosh don't you know ANYTHING?!?!

YOURE THE GAS GIANT

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

orange juche posted:

As a member of the Federation, Ganymede has agreed to be the host nation for our expedition. Other moons will be interdicted by Kessler Bombs. The exception will be Metis, which as a distinct celestial object in the northern (top down) sector will be allowed to form the new nation of Metistan.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ya I won't marry a girl that wants some 3x salary poo poo whatever

I'd rather have a bomb honeymoon or just do a bunch of traveling in general 🤷🏽‍♀️ then just get something that looks nice for $500-1,000?

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 7, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ahahahahahahaha

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Sorry for the dude

Chick idk $2k tops for me

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

my wedding was like $5k

my sister took out another mortgage for hers

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

spent two grand on the wife's ring, she was legitimately pissed i didn't spend that money on something useful, like a dog

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

redneck nazgul posted:

spent two grand on the wife's ring, she was legitimately pissed i didn't spend that money on something useful, like a dog

a true unicorn

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
My wedding cost like $85 or something.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Speedycop does it again: https://jalopnik.com/lemons-bonkers-car-building-legend-speedycop-will-race-1796713600

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5u6iUxwzlI

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Spent about $2k on rings out of $5k I spent on my wedding.

Didn't get near the same mileage out of it I got out of my divorce costs.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The fiancee loves morganite and rose gold and hates blood diamonds. sub-$300 ring :whatup:

Also trying to keep the wedding and reception low but gently caress, feeding and boozing 60-100 people adds up quick.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I'm going to Kauai for my honeymoon, that's already established.

What do you guys think about weddings abroad? Dick move? Making people shell out for a ticket and all? Good because you force them to take a vacation?

Having a mainland thing and then a small one there with close family might seem ideal

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

on a scale of gently caress me to alright, how bad is it that I want to buy a used jeep wrangler?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ElMaligno posted:

on a scale of gently caress me to alright, how bad is it that I want to buy a used jeep wrangler?

Depending on how abused it is, it's probably trending more towards "gently caress me" than "alright", mainly because Daimler-Chrysler is hot loving garbage with build quality.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

tastefully arranged labia posted:

OYE TUMANG

THE OPA REPRESENT JUPITER AND ALL BELTALOWDA BERATNAS

on the flip side

WHO WILL FLATTEN EARTH'S CITIES AND DRINK THEIR OCEANS DRY

MARS

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I'm going to Kauai for my honeymoon, that's already established.

What do you guys think about weddings abroad? Dick move? Making people shell out for a ticket and all? Good because you force them to take a vacation?

Having a mainland thing and then a small one there with close family might seem ideal

Depends on how rich your friends and family are and how obnoxious people are about attending things.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

ElMaligno posted:

What generation

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

ElMaligno posted:

Did you miss all of my posts about how poo poo the brand new one I had was? I never even broke 25k miles on it and had to sink over 6k in repairs and the transmission was starting to pop out of 1st gear on starting to move from a red light.

I'm glad I was able to get 11.5k for it on a trade-in because I'm sure if I tried to sell it bluebook price of ~15k to a regular person they would have told me to gently caress right off.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

orange juche posted:

Depending on how abused it is, it's probably trending more towards "gently caress me" than "alright", mainly because Daimler-Chrysler is hot loving garbage with build quality.

Penfed has used car buying services, also they offer free carfax reports.

TBeats posted:

What generation

Latest, 2014 upwards with 40k miles or less.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Same thing I think about people wanting to have a wedding halfway across the US. Good for you, but don't be offended if people don't show.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ElMaligno posted:

Latest, 2014 upwards with 40k miles or less.

Hot loving garbage. They moved their manufacturing plants from the US to Mexico sometime in the mid 2000s and the build quality since then is dog poo poo. It wasn't amazing before but now it's pretty loving terrible. Don't expect to get more than 150k out of it before it falls apart from frame rust or other terminal ailments, and expect to spend a lot in repairs on the way there.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
What the gently caress. I've been telling friends and family for probably 6 months now that I'm going to get a new Focus hatch, so of course when I'm like less than a month out from pulling the trigger suddenly people are bringing up the auto transmission issues. I knew about the issues with earlier models that seemed to be ironed out for the most part by the '17, but I can't mention the car now without someone acting like the entire drivetrain is going to seize up and drop out of the bottom of the car without warning.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
SBNation came out with this pretty rad article about what Football will be like in the future. It's a good read. Just make sure to read it to the end. https://www.sbnation.com/a/17776-football

If you've already read this don't spoil it!!

Time Crisis Actor fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jul 7, 2017

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Same thing I think about people wanting to have a wedding halfway across the US. Good for you, but don't be offended if people don't show.

I went halfway across the US to get married because I was active duty and all of our friends and family lived halfway across the US and I'm not an rear end in a top hat who makes people buy plane tickets and get hotel rooms for the privilege of honoring me.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

What the gently caress. I've been telling friends and family for probably 6 months now that I'm going to get a new Focus hatch, so of course when I'm like less than a month out from pulling the trigger suddenly people are bringing up the auto transmission issues. I knew about the issues with earlier models that seemed to be ironed out for the most part by the '17, but I can't mention the car now without someone acting like the entire drivetrain is going to seize up and drop out of the bottom of the car without warning.

Personally I guess I got lucky when I bought my 2016 Miata, because I went against my gut and bought the auto version because when I test drove it, it actually didn't feel like a slushbox and was really quick shifting and didn't slip like autos always do. 2 weeks after I purchased it, there was a TSB issued for the 6MT mulching 1st through 4th within 500 miles. Apparently a bunch of bad gears got through QC and almost every 2016 MX-5 with a manual is having their transmissions implode.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Depends on how rich your friends and family are and how obnoxious people are about attending things.

It's a nice way to tell people not to come to your wedding

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Don't buy a Jeep without a 4.0L I-6. They killed it a decade ago, so 2005-06 is probably the last years of "good" jeeps.

gently caress Chrysler for still using fusible links.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

gently caress jeeps and lol if you pay for one

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Deathy McDeath posted:

SBNation came out with this pretty rad article about what Football will be like in the future. It's a good read. Just make sure to read it to the end. https://www.sbnation.com/a/17776-football

If you've already read this don't spoil it!!

That was...cool?

I have no idea what I just read, and it was kinda cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Don't buy a Jeep without a 4.0L I-6. They killed it a decade ago, so 2005-06 is probably the last years of "good" jeeps.

gently caress Chrysler for still using fusible links.

Yeah I asked what gen because I had an 04 for a while and loved it.

• Locked thread