Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Two Finger posted:

Jesus that's worse than when I did 8 hours on/off in fishing

Most of my underway time was 9 on 9 off because sonar was always undermanned till we did westpac. It really fucks poo poo up because the meals are every 6hrs so you have to work poo poo out with the cooks and put a little bit of an extra burden on them for it. We actually tried to do 6 on 6 off but after 4 days everyone was so loving drained it was impossible.

edit : the regular 18hr thing is actually pretty good unless you're doing drills and getting woken up every 1-2hrs. On westpac since I was fully qualified on everything up to sonar supervisor (needed the board that they would not give an E-4) so I slept. A lot. Made the 53 days on station go a lot faster.

ded fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jul 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Once every week or month I can't remember on last deployment once a week a group (FCPOA, JOPA, Chiefs, etc) would take over the kitchen and do a meal.

Saturdays were always wings and pizza, though.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/RickyRawls/status/883105598832873473

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Once every week or month I can't remember on last deployment once a week a group (FCPOA, JOPA, Chiefs, etc) would take over the kitchen and do a meal.

Saturdays were always wings and pizza, though.

Yeah, lots of folks do this and surface ships will make the nub JO's crank for it a lot of times too. Additionally the Wardroom and Chiefs' Mess will cook for steel beach picnics too.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
She's on gear yo

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

who cares if she's hitting the roids

gat dam

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
or its a man

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Or a crossfitter

Actually nah, too much rear end for a crossfitter.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

If that's a man, I'm gay as gently caress!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
She looks like a cyclist more than a crossfitter.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

If that's a man, I'm gay as gently caress!

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

MA-Horus posted:

Or a crossfitter

Actually nah, too much rear end for a crossfitter.

And too many non-herniated vertebrae.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Triggered by lack of trigger discipline.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

ManMythLegend posted:

Triggered by lack of trigger discipline.

You're looking at the wrong gun.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

mlmp08 posted:

She looks like a cyclist more than a crossfitter.

Negative. No legit cyclist would ever have that much upper body.

Trust me, cycling 300+ miles a week and I still don't have body builder legs. These things are ripped AF but they aren't swole by any means. Women cyclists get some sexy legs from biking but they get the "skinny fat" upper body, sad...

Either way that butt makes my hospital scrubs fit *cuz they're loose usually*

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

guys speaking of cycling I have a 100 miler race tomorrow and i've drank a few beers and had a shot of whiskey

Should only take me 4 and a half hours to finish 100 miles hung over because I'm a cardio douche who can't bench press his own weight but has amazing glutes

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Why the gently caress is finding a comfortable bike seat such a pain in the rear end?

Pun intended, because wtf, seriously.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC3G6tO1Ue4

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Godholio posted:

Why the gently caress is finding a comfortable bike seat such a pain in the rear end?

Pun intended, because wtf, seriously.

No such thing. Get a seat that fits you and buy some sexy padded shorts. If you can't hang with spandex baggies are pretty comfy.

Seats can't be comfortable because they can cause all kinds of weird chafing and sores and stuff if they are too squishy. If you are only riding around the neighborhood or whatever then just go to Wally World and buy the squishiest most padded seat you can find, but if you plan on rising more than five miles at a time you will regret it.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Not posting this in the dogge thread for reasons that will probably make you angry:

Deadspin: "I Can’t Get Enough of This Batshit Crazy [She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named] Dog Story"

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

bengy81 posted:

No such thing. Get a seat that fits you and buy some sexy padded shorts. If you can't hang with spandex baggies are pretty comfy.

Seats can't be comfortable because they can cause all kinds of weird chafing and sores and stuff if they are too squishy. If you are only riding around the neighborhood or whatever then just go to Wally World and buy the squishiest most padded seat you can find, but if you plan on rising more than five miles at a time you will regret it.

That's frankly the best advice I've found yet.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Naked Bear posted:

Not posting this in the dogge thread for reasons that will probably make you angry:

Deadspin: "I Can’t Get Enough of This Batshit Crazy [She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named] Dog Story"

gently caress that oval office.

(Not you, Whip)

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Godholio posted:

That's frankly the best advice I've found yet.

Get mountain bike shorts. They come with the gel menstrual pad shorts insert in some cargo shorts or whatever so you don't look like a Lance Armstrong wannabe

Speaking of mtb, picking up a Rockhopper tomorrow, hope to use it more than twice a year.

Edit 2: oh man that Cole story in war machine :(

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jul 8, 2017

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

MurderBot posted:

Negative. No legit cyclist would ever have that much upper body.

Trust me, cycling 300+ miles a week and I still don't have body builder legs. These things are ripped AF but they aren't swole by any means. Women cyclists get some sexy legs from biking but they get the "skinny fat" upper body, sad...

Either way that butt makes my hospital scrubs fit *cuz they're loose usually*

I was mostly joking about people like this:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

if society ever breaks down I'm gonna track down that dude and kill him and get two finger to smoke those hams

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Reverand maynard posted:

if society ever breaks down I'm gonna track down that dude and kill him and get two finger to smoke those hams

Why wait, be the change you want to see in the world.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Not all of us have a convenient backyard disposal site patio.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Reverand maynard posted:

Not a lot of fat on them but we'll just wrap 'em in bacon or something. Better to find like a powerlifter with a layer of fat over their muscle.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

mlmp08 posted:

I was mostly joking about people like this:

Now we know where all those skipped leg days went. :ms:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

:black101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhOhGhq0e54

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxnlJGbgmC8

If I ever came across a couple of slender blonde twins playing a harp, I'd be using all of my Witcher 3 lore to figure out what kind of unholy horror had a grip on me.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Some of these translate really well to a harp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPb20fK0R94

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGK8l9iVO9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvI5oy25QO4

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'd like to get into the technical aspects, but the fact that one of them keeps making eyes at the other in every video is just waaaaayyy too creepy for me.

I'll stick to this for my cute girl on harp needs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UcyJtRZ5RI&t=52s

her faces are so weird during play in a very endearing way.

Here her facial ticks are on full display:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbdAVoIJzIk

tl;dr Joanna Newsom has a weird-rear end singing voice but makes really good music and married funny person Andy Samberg.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

holly bloop you need to reveal your trickery

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

I'd like to get into the technical aspects, but the fact that one of them keeps making eyes at the other in every video is just waaaaayyy too creepy for me.
I assume it's actually to help keep them in sync. There's a whole section in Fear of the Dark where they each glance at the other at the exact same time. You'll see other people do this sometimes when performing, especially in duets.

e: last one, I promise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKYghtd5FQk

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

We pulled a Snapchat lens before a summer campaign because the effect looked too much like the product was cumming in people's faces.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Post that 16 page insert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhPdDvT3wHk

• Locked thread