Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Here are some bad phone pics I took from G1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

:catstare:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

if that was the actual :daryl: I could see that price being fair

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I got mine for like 20 bucks.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dollar really dropped against the Yen I see

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://www.strapya-world.com/products/81432.html

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

4.5 star Cody

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Baron Corbyn posted:

4.5 star Cody

What the gently caress

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:stare:

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
I posted about this elsewhere, but was there live and I agree with that, even if the internet is already making GBS threads itself over it. I value the different vibe Cody brought more than most I guess.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

4.5 star Cody

lol I loving love Dave

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
I had it at 4 live, but I loathed his Memphis-esque poo poo at the beginning of the match.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I had at 4 so I'm not gonna quibble and I guess for now Cody can say he's better than Fale

drat Okada is so good

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Glossing over Jim Ross drinking on air is worse.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dave also rightly called the Ishii/ZSJ the best rope break spot of the year and it's so drat true.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

That looks like a Google Translate failure to me.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Dave also rightly called the Ishii/ZSJ the best rope break spot of the year and it's so drat true.

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/881677476350570499

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I don't think I've ever bit so hard on a rope break tease. I was certain that Ishii would struggle but just get too tangled to escape.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

is that the truman show from hiromu in the vid

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

rovert posted:

I mean the poor guy has had a pretty loving bad few months.

Then again, it makes me wonder if that whole thing where he claimed he wasn't drinking and got fired because he was tired and had a BP flareup was just really sad

edit: it WAS an absolutely horrible announcing job though. Or, I don't know, maybe sad rather than out and out bad work.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

handsome only face posted:

is that the truman show from hiromu in the vid

You loving know it.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Platypus Farm posted:

edit: it WAS an absolutely horrible announcing job though. Or, I don't know, maybe sad rather than out and out bad work.

I watched the shows back in english specifically to see what a disaster it was and I really didn't think it was that bad? He missed some calls and got confused on a few guys, and yes those are errors that shouldn't happen. I actually thought on Night 2 his passion during the Kenny/Ishii match was better than it has been in a while. Like he kind of got his fastball back a bit for that match.

Still want Cyrus calling all Kenny matches, and I generally prefer Kevin Kelly for this product as the PBP guy.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
AXS is re-airing the Long Beach show tonight

I already miss RPG Vice :smith:

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Benne posted:

AXS is re-airing the Long Beach show tonight

I already miss RPG Vice :smith:

Although RPG Vice are ended, I'm just glad they didn't go down the violent breakup road. Really refreshing and ended it on a high note.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

sigmachiev posted:

I watched the shows back in english specifically to see what a disaster it was and I really didn't think it was that bad? He missed some calls and got confused on a few guys, and yes those are errors that shouldn't happen. I actually thought on Night 2 his passion during the Kenny/Ishii match was better than it has been in a while. Like he kind of got his fastball back a bit for that match.

Still want Cyrus calling all Kenny matches, and I generally prefer Kevin Kelly for this product as the PBP guy.

I haven't had time to sit down and watch night 2 yet but I probably will tonight.

What struck me the most as someone who grew up listening to Jim announce NWA--->WCW and then WWF was just how off the mark he was. Calling people wrong names or whatever doesn't bother me, because what the hell, everyone fucks up. What got me was that he just sounded like he was phoning it in and absolutely didn't give a poo poo. I have no idea if that's true, but I imagine that age, BP and probably drinking too much didn't help.

I DO really appreciate that he still calls it like a sports event though, so really I'm just nitpicking.

edit: okay so I -finally- subscribed to NJPW world to see the long beach stuff, and have been going back and catching up on things. what are some can't miss things, no matter the time period? I like old stuff, I like new stuff. I've seen WK10 and 11, and this year's dominion because of the kenny omega/okada hype and loved those, but I'm really just kind of lost with choice.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Doesn't Jim Ross get all annoyed when people kick out of superplexes and DDTs? Maybe he had trouble calling the match when his eyes were constantly rolling to the back of his head.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Platypus Farm posted:

edit: okay so I -finally- subscribed to NJPW world to see the long beach stuff, and have been going back and catching up on things. what are some can't miss things, no matter the time period? I like old stuff, I like new stuff. I've seen WK10 and 11, and this year's dominion because of the kenny omega/okada hype and loved those, but I'm really just kind of lost with choice.

there's a spreadsheet in the OP with a lot of direct links to good matches with really good poo poo highlighted.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
*man's father dies after a sudden cancer diagnosis during wrestling event and still hits deadline*

rovert posted:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Back in the day, the super j cup was recommended as the first show to watch if you're new to puro. If that is still on njpw world, I recommend watching that.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

mariooncrack posted:

Back in the day, the super j cup was recommended as the first show to watch if you're new to puro. If that is still on njpw world, I recommend watching that.

The 1994 one specifically or was there another crazy awesome year?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ElTimeBomb/status/883362968691408896
https://twitter.com/DestinoDeJapon/status/883363637473234944
https://twitter.com/ElTimeBomb/status/883367125808762883

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 8, 2017

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Mercury Crusader posted:

Doesn't Jim Ross get all annoyed when people kick out of superplexes and DDTs? Maybe he had trouble calling the match when his eyes were constantly rolling to the back of his head.

Barnett was burying poo poo all weekend too. I think the bucks just gave an interview saying they don't like his commentary because he clearly doesn't like certain styles of wrestling so he'll just sit there and bury it rather than try and put it over.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Demtor posted:

The 1994 one specifically or was there another crazy awesome year?

94 and 95 are both really good. 95 was hosted by WAR so I don't know if that would be on njpw world.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

In the Rovert Was Right dept.:

https://twitter.com/Tama_Tonga/status/883498889923493892

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I thought JR was solid in the back half of each show, where he seemed to struggle was in the multi-man events, especially the really fast-paced stuff. Those certainly weren't helped by him not having everybody's name down/needing a cheat sheet.

I love these two so much :allears:

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I haven't liked any of the English commentary I've heard on NJPW shows yet. The two idiots at Dominion were pretty bad as well

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
lol they edited off Ricochet's promo on the AXS replay

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Benne posted:

lol they edited off Ricochet's promo on the AXS replay

i think it happened during the commercial break technically

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

KungFu Grip posted:

Nah, they cut from the match finish straight to RPG Vice breaking up with nothing in between. You wouldn't even know Ricochet was on the show if you didn't watch on Sunday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

KungFu Grip posted:

Isn't he not allowed on US tv still

• Locked thread