Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i mean, mch is just in the position right now of providing both less dps and less utility than brd, but if you enjoy the playstyle, you should play whatever you find fun. you're going to be better at playing a class you enjoy more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
Do Omega goons do scheduled Primal EX runs as well? Sick of hitting enrage with pubbies despite healing without hitch.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

dogsicle posted:

e: Also as a BRD, I can tell you the job really falls into some boring periods in its rotation, while I get the impression MCH is much more lively on top of having sicknasty animations like backflips.

Yeah, Ballad on Single Target is pretty drat boring. It's not like it's useless by any stretch of the imagination, but it's definitely the least interesting if you've ever played bard pre-4.0 and experienced River of Blood procs. Paeon at least means more opportunities for Refulgent Arrow, on top of your GCD DPS ramping up 16%. Ballad is easily the 20-30 seconds of song rotation I'm not too hot on outside of AoE, really don't care if it's River of Blood But Better. Minuet doesn't have that problem despite being the best Single Target song, since Pitch Perfect in AoE still feels really good, especially when it hits the point where you've always got 3 Repetoire and are waiting on PP itself to come off cooldown.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jul 8, 2017

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

MCH was looking like it might be fun at 64 but now you've got me all downcast :smith:
MCH is absolutely, positively fun.

It's just not good right now. :smith:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If MCH's low numbers bother you just put it on the backburner right now and see what happens in 4.05.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
These super great for the level WHM panties would be less insulting if the entire point of the quest hadn't been about assembling ceremonial vestments and I got amazing level 45 blue gear for everything except the chest.

Learned holy at the end, but I'd rather have a robe.

Nicaden
Feb 17, 2012
After a few runs at Susano EX, I heard my party members talking about the enrage timer and how close we were cutting it each attempt. I was wondering if there was a way to keep track of when a boss will enrage? My teammates seem to know exactly when the boss will enrage, and I was hoping to find out how they know.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Nicaden posted:

After a few runs at Susano EX, I heard my party members talking about the enrage timer and how close we were cutting it each attempt. I was wondering if there was a way to keep track of when a boss will enrage? My teammates seem to know exactly when the boss will enrage, and I was hoping to find out how they know.

It's a timer counting down from initial aggro. IIRC Susano EX is 12 minutes.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
They're almost certainly using ACT

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Asimo posted:

MCH is absolutely, positively fun.

It's just not good right now. :smith:

always play what you find the most fun, numbers balance will change patch to patch. unless you're doing savage content it doesn't matter anyways.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cythereal posted:

These super great for the level WHM panties would be less insulting if the entire point of the quest hadn't been about assembling ceremonial vestments and I got amazing level 45 blue gear for everything except the chest.

You just have to lean into it and go where the game leads you.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

MCH was looking like it might be fun at 64 but now you've got me all downcast :smith:

MCH plays like somebody on the dev side suddenly discovered the old Mechwarriors. Instead of a set rotation or spinning plates you're building heat past 50 to upgrade all your normals to super versions with cool new effects that do more damage, and then keeping it under 90 so you can time your ammo and gcds and wildfires together to do really big booms right after you push yourself into overheat mode, and then once you put your gauss barrel back on you do it all again.

It's pretty fun and very different from the other dps classes I've played. More about management and attention than following loops.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Nicaden posted:

All of the mechanics in Susano happen based on time, not HP. The enrage happens just after the third Gaol phase. So it's pretty easy to judge how close you were.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

After a few months of grinding, I finally have the Archon Throne.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lemon King posted:

That's some quality FF14 glamour, right there.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Lemon King posted:

You and your loving hacker hair. :argh:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FactsAreUseless posted:

You just have to lean into it and go where the game leads you.

I don't mind fanservice as long as it's tasteful, but this is just shameless and makes me much less comfortable with the game. Laughing at bikini sets is one thing when there's ready access to transmog to hide it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Cythereal posted:

I don't mind fanservice as long as it's tasteful, but this is just shameless and makes me much less comfortable with the game. Laughing at bikini sets is one thing when there's ready access to transmog to hide it.

You don't have long to wait for that at least. It unlocks at 50, incidentally the same level that gives you a robe that covers your butt

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Cythereal posted:

Then wear a robe. There's a level 41 one that will easily carry you until you get your 50 AF gear.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I hope Koji Fox has inserted at least one line somewhere acknowledging the extremely ridiculous situation white mages are in from 45 to 49

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Just another reason Swolelander is the best choice.

Just gimmie a pair of boxing gloves!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Then wear a robe. There's a level 41 one that will easily carry you until you get your 50 AF gear.

Didn't see a 41 robe, but found a 36 robe off a vendor that wasn't much worse than my current shirt.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

How about this? An HQ version is competetive with the stripper top and its cheap on the marketboard.

http://xivdb.com/item/3178/woolen+bliaud

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

How about this? An HQ version is competetive with the stripper top and its cheap on the marketboard.

That's what I was wearing. The level 45 WHM quest awards really good for the level gloves, boots, helm, and "legs" that on a female PC are nothing but embroidered panties.

It bothered me enough that I posted about it here and eventually settled on downgrading my chest piece to get a robe model long enough to make me not embarrassed to play the character.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Lemon King posted:

It's a good mount but it would be even better if it played either gubal theme :argh:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Galaga Galaxian posted:

That one doesn't cover your butt

I remember being in the same situation and that one not working

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Cythereal posted:

That's what I was wearing. The level 45 WHM quest awards really good for the level gloves, boots, helm, and "legs" that on a female PC are nothing but embroidered panties.

It bothered me enough that I posted about it here and eventually settled on downgrading my chest piece to get a robe model long enough to make me not embarrassed to play the character.

A lot of the high level sets basically just have underwear for magic users' bottoms because the chestpiece covers it up.

However this leads to the problem you're having. If it makes you feel any better thats not really intended to be worn alone.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The caster chest from the level 69 dungeon is extremely cute

e: in case anyone is curious, the shoes are Adept's Thighboots, the level 58 crafter shoes which go with basically every skirt

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 8, 2017

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm guessing the healer set is that, but white? :negative:

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Drizvolta posted:

It's a good mount but it would be even better if it played either gubal theme :argh:

Turned on the music to hear and yeah it needs a different theme.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Mordiceius posted:

Its more like a creame, but yeah :sigh:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

cheetah7071 posted:

For the nerds in the audience, that's Catiua's outfit from Tactics Ogre, if she classes as a Dark Priest. The healer version is a white palette swap, as per every healer set in the game.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
ASTs aren't supposed to wear white! :argh:

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.

Mordiceius posted:

Because god forbid a healer set have colors in it.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Lemon King posted:

Wait how did you get your hair like that?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Gizmo Chicken posted:

Because god forbid a healer set have colors in it.

Wow that's so much worse

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Cythereal posted:

Doesn't matter, got Holy. Congratulations! You now have the best job ability in the game. It's an AOE stun, so your new goal is to use it ASAP in a fight.

Your gear woes are near an end, too - at 50 you can glamour anything you can wear atop your shame.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Doesn't matter, got Holy. Congratulations! You now have the best job ability in the game. It's an AOE stun, so your new goal is to use it ASAP in a fight.

Your gear woes are near an end, too - at 50 you can glamour anything you can wear atop your shame.

Yeah, at this point I'm considering whether I'm going to buy the expansion or not. Played the game for a couple weeks on the free trial to get up to 35, and now up to 46 after a bit less than a week. Rested xp is a hell of a thing - my main story quest I'm on is still only level 40.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Are the WHM 45 bottoms equally skimpy on male casters? IIRC the DRG AF set is the only one that actually has a noticeable difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Cythereal posted:

Yeah, at this point I'm considering whether I'm going to buy the expansion or not. Played the game for a couple weeks on the free trial to get up to 35, and now up to 46 after a bit less than a week. Rested xp is a hell of a thing - my main story quest I'm on is still only level 40.

The end of the MSQ is pretty fun, but everyone has it on farm status. Decide if you want to watch cutscenes OR fight bosses before The Praetorium.

After that, I recommend this before diving right back into the MSQ. https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/The_Rise_and_Fall_of_Gentlemen Then swap between as desired.