Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

vOv posted:

Are the WHM 45 bottoms equally skimpy on male casters? IIRC the DRG AF set is the only one that actually has a noticeable difference.

They're a pair of shorts. Far from the skimpiest male outfit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

vOv posted:

Are the WHM 45 bottoms equally skimpy on male casters? IIRC the DRG AF set is the only one that actually has a noticeable difference.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Just another reason Swolelander is the best choice.

Just gimmie a pair of boxing gloves!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

panda clue
May 23, 2014

what in the world

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Lost power today because of construction next to apt. Come back to find out I have to redownload 22g of patches. Seems there is no fix from squeenix after googling it (ps4).

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Thumbtacks posted:

Wait how did you get your hair like that?

There is a bug in the character creator, I've already made a bug report and opened a ticket about it for Square.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Die Sexmonster! posted:

The end of the MSQ is pretty fun, but everyone has it on farm status. Decide if you want to watch cutscenes OR fight bosses before The Praetorium.

Alternately, ask goons to go with you so you can watch cutscenes and fight bosses. There's no guarantee everyone will drop what they're doing, but a lot of goons are very pro-cutscene and think people deserve to enjoy that instance without being screamed at by pubbies.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Sinteres posted:

Alternately, ask goons to go with you so you can watch cutscenes and fight bosses. There's no guarantee everyone will drop what they're doing, but a lot of goons are very pro-cutscene and think people deserve to enjoy that instance without being screamed at by pubbies.

A single level 60 paladin can solo all of prae, so you only need to get one or two people.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I just did five straight SusEX using the raid finder and had 0 wipes. Apparently much better players use the RF for extreme trials, or at least players who are confident in the fights. PF you get the people who are learning the fight / looking to get carried.

panda clue posted:

what in the world

Yeah I've literally never seen that happen before.

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

What would cause tanks to get one-shot killed against Susano Ex? I was seeing it on rare occasions in PF groups but I haven't got a tank above 35 yet so I'm not sure if there's some sort of telegraphed attack that requires a tank skill or something. It's not the everybody-stack attack

I learned tonight that Stormsplitter can crit! It normally hits me for 35k~ unmitigated, but I went down to a 49,650 crit Stormsplitter (I have 48k max HP) because I didn't bother mitigating because "We have this on farm it's easy".

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

I just did five straight SusEX using the raid finder and had 0 wipes. Apparently much better players use the RF for extreme trials, or at least players who are confident in the fights. PF you get the people who are learning the fight / looking to get carried.

Yeah I've literally never seen that happen before.

I learned tonight that Stormsplitter can crit! It normally hits me for 35k~ unmitigated, but I went down to a 49,650 crit Stormsplitter (I have 48k max HP) because I didn't bother mitigating because "We have this on farm it's easy".

Oh hey are you Wolfgang Hirsch? I think I was in your RF.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Sinteres posted:

Astroniomix posted:

A single level 60 paladin can solo all of prae, so you only need to get one or two people.

Oh poo poo, forgot you can do that. I'd be happy to solo Prae, be sure to ask in the FC when you get there!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

vOv posted:

I am! Who were you? Also, thanks for the fantastic DPS work, whoever you were.

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

vOv posted:

I swear to god if you were that lead-footed BLM...

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Cythereal posted:

I don't mind fanservice as long as it's tasteful, but this is just shameless and makes me much less comfortable with the game. Laughing at bikini sets is one thing when there's ready access to transmog to hide it.

It's not even really fanservice because that would imply intent. You're simply in a coincidental segment where they didn't particularly think about the order in which you receive gear because gently caress it it's levelling gear, and because everyone gets their signature AF Job gear in pieces this means White Mages wind up looking GOOFY AS HELL.

I mean, most Jobs look goofy as hell at this stage the difference is that only White Mage has pants that are boxers or panties because their robes cover their entire torso anyway.

None of it will matter soon because you're coming up on Glamour. Learn to laugh off White Mage 40-45, looking like half naked hobo idiots is a rite of passage for male and female WHMs alike at that level. The gear situation is exactly as silly for both genders.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

lemon king is the worst poster in the thread because he has all these cool character creator tricks and doesnt share them

Cythereal posted:

I don't mind fanservice as long as it's tasteful, but this is just shameless and makes me much less comfortable with the game. Laughing at bikini sets is one thing when there's ready access to transmog to hide it.

you are being extremely weird and making it weirder than it has to be.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I still remember back in my WoW days when Lemon King was making mods to troll pubbies with lucky charms.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It would be really cool if the challenge log could give you something useful like tomestones at the level cap.

Kakesu
Nov 4, 2005

ETHICAL.

Countblanc posted:

Is any of Susano's damage magical? I toss out Addle for the second Uzemi or whatever it's called but I'm not actually sure if it's helping.

Turns out from looking at ACT, other than Stormsplitter and auto-attacks, pretty much everything he does is magic damage. The only other thing that isn't is Assail, which appears to be the heavy hitter he does early in the fight.

Even Ame No Murakumo, the big giant sword, is listed as Magic.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Amgard posted:

I'm Astra Zero, and I swear that one of my deaths wasn't my fault! :v: I still haven't quite memorized the timing of the fight so I tend to burn Triple/Swift at bad times.

vOv fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jul 8, 2017

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Lemon King posted:

There is a bug in the character creator, I've already made a bug report and opened a ticket about it for Square.

i don't suppose you'd be willing to share the bug

edit: i will paypal u $4

Thumbtacks fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jul 8, 2017

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

vOv posted:

I'm Astra Zero, and I swear that one of my deaths wasn't my fault! :v: I still haven't quite memorized the timing of the fight so I tend to burn Triple/Swift at bad times.

One of them was mine :v: Didn't get across the chasm fast enough. I was the DRK (Caskin Horne)

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Mordiceius posted:

I still remember back in my WoW days when Lemon King was making mods to troll pubbies with lucky charms.

Iconhell was the loving BEST.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Amgard posted:

The amount of times I've seen people thinking "I have time to finish this cast so I'll set off when it's out oh poo poo zapped everyone" is more than once, which is more times than it should be.

That and the other healer not stopping DPS to heal when I get Levin stunned or rocked. I'm a WHM and haven't joined groups with other WHMs so I was gravitating towards the main healer side of poo poo so when I was out of play, they'd be letting the tank just get cream crackered.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Thumbtacks posted:

Wait how did you get your hair like that?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823905&pagenumber=145&perpage=40#post473895458

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

CuddlyZombie posted:

Iconhell was the loving BEST.

if FFXIV ever adds addons I will enjoy the two weeks it takes for them to patch out the API using raid marks

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Wow, Dusk Vigil is a fast solo already in undersized party for 51-59 Dungeons in Woundrous Tails. 315 Bard, pulling 9~ minutes. Elephant loving sucks to fight though. You get stunned twice in a row.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jul 8, 2017

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Minrad posted:

if FFXIV ever adds addons I will enjoy the two weeks it takes for them to patch out the API using raid marks

I will look forward to sound mods that I will then make my static download so then everyone must hear the combine harvester song in full when I use battle voice.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Skaw posted:

Wow, Dusk Vigil [...] sucks

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Skaw posted:

Wow, Dusk Vigil loving sucks

Agreed!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Jinh posted:

I think they mention "even if you're not from here, one of your ancestors was" and that's it

late but the buuz saleswoman in Reunion also works your species into her salespitch if you're a Xaela

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/6lybit/if_youre_gonna_copy_whats_meta_do_your_research/

This is some next level bad.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jul 8, 2017

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Are gathering classes a way to make gil at higher levels reliably, or do you need to combine it with crafting disciplines to really make money? Currently I've been spamming BTN because it's kinda fun, inexplicably, but I'm not sure it's going to be worth maxing out.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Got to 64 on MCH tonight. Those heated shot animations are, uh, certainly something. :stare:

Now I need to decide if I want to continue with the class or not I guess. It's fun but there will always be that little voice at the back of my head saying "you could be doing like 1k more DPS as RDM~" :v:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is great.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Thumbtacks posted:

Are gathering classes a way to make gil at higher levels reliably, or do you need to combine it with crafting disciplines to really make money? Currently I've been spamming BTN because it's kinda fun, inexplicably, but I'm not sure it's going to be worth maxing out.

Yes and yes. Though gathering without crafting is at a disadvantage, maps and goods from folklore nodes (especially HQ) provide a steady income. Then you can pay attention to the market - what goods are constantly in demand by crafters who make more gil buying the components instead of harvesting themselves, what fish are used in leves and provisioning missions, what unique or rare mat suddenly became valuable (see: Mariner Cotton Cloth when 2.2 hit). It won't make you among the richest on any given server, but consistent activity and smart spending will add up. Hell, while I've never been into endgame overmelding, I can still afford a large plot when Shirogane opens.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I don't need to be rich, but it'd be nice to have a decent amount saved up so I can splurge on something if I want to. Crafting has been surprisingly fun and relaxing, and I've heard it gets more fun at 50+ so I'm looking forward to it.

Thumbtacks fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Jul 8, 2017

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Thumbtacks posted:

Yeah, although you can look forward to a slow steady stream with occasional hills and valleys rather than jackpots. Find some items that people buy reliably and frequently (leve turn-ins, stuff for potions and food, etc.) and make up for each piece selling for maybe a few thousand gil with volume. Although leveling up in crafting does help-- if you can reliably HQ materials that go into other stuff, you can, say, turn four plants worth 500-1k each into bolts of fabric worth 10-15k each that, just as importantly if you're as antsy and impatient as me, sell consistently and quickly.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
The Stormblood culinarian quests just giving me the ingredients I need is all I've ever wanted. Having to collect everything myself was incredibly tedious.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I'm a Botanist, is there anything specific I should be doing like making sure I fill out my gathering log, or am I fine to just power through leves and making sure I gather the HQ turn ins before I'm the level of the quest so I'm ready ahead of time?

I have no idea how you get the nice Ironworks gear, I'll figure that out eventually I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cythereal posted:

You're reading too much into it, and by a lot if this is what makes you uncomfortable. All job classes get everything but the chestpiece for their 45 quest, finishing the equipment set at 50. It's not a fanservice thing because, frankly, you'll know a real bikini armor situation when you see it. Besides, even at lvl 50, you'll want to grab some ishgard vendor whites (maybe off the MB) or Ironworks stuff from mor dhona instead.

Look at it this way, at least you're not wearing this: