Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

tweet my meat posted:

Question about anarchist, when you have the lose 50% hp for 100% armor and the 50% hp for 120% armor perks, do they stack or does it just take the highest one?
Highest one. First one is 115* health for 115* armour, last one is 115* health for 138* armour.

*Minimum. Please enjoy the bullshit health boosting effects of Crew Chief and Partners in Crime.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jul 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
I tried a dodge build for the first time and its pretty fun. I got SMGs with crits and I just run around like Neo doing flips off walls and poo poo.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
drat, I would have enjoyed running around with like 12.5% health and like 1000% armor, but that definitely makes more sense.

I've been running a ITCV and suppressed LMG build and it's fun as poo poo being the guy who pretty much carries combat.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Man, was framing frame solo stealth always this difficult? loving day 3 and its invisible items.

Either way I am loving glad I did that. Sweet, sweet +25% experience bonus

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

FalloutGod posted:

I tried a dodge build for the first time and its pretty fun. I got SMGs with crits and I just run around like Neo doing flips off walls and poo poo.

Suit/LBV is amazing to feel after playing a lot of ICTV. I highly recommend trying a dodge (I usually use Crook or suit Anarchist) shotgun build - flying around at warp speed and obliterating entire spawn groups with an IZHMA barrage is an awesome feeling.

(Though my go-to lazy build is Anarchist LBV/silenced JP36 for infinite ammo spray 'n' pray while nearly invincible.)

EorayMel posted:

Man, was framing frame solo stealth always this difficult? loving day 3 and its invisible items.

Day 3 is super easy, though? It's all about patience. Kill four guards, wait on the roof for about 5m so the patroller leaves and boom. You've only got two guards left on the map. Use sensor tripmines and you'll know where they are almost 100% of the time. I think they may have even fixed that auto-fail state with the camera watching the one bookcase.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

FalloutGod posted:

So what are the pro perk decks? I'm sticking to overkill until infamy 5 and hitman on overkill makes everything a breeze but no one else seems to like it. I feel like I'm constantly being chip damaged to death so having that guaranteed armor refill is the bees knees. I rarely go down.

The last 3 sections are devoted entirely to perk decks. Hitman's VERY strong on overkill but comes up short on higher difficulties where the answer to the question "can cops blow through all my hp in the 1.5s it takes my armor to regen?" changes from "gently caress no" to "easily."

Yakuza's probably the only perk deck that's outright bad, although Ex-Pres is also pretty bad and Hitman definitely suffers beyond Overkill, but otherwise there's a lot of good options with reasonable variety in playstyles supported.

If you're sticking to overkill for a bit yet, another "very strong on overkill" choice that starts to lose some of its shine in higher diffs is Grinder, which regens hp based on dealing damage. On low difficulties (Mayhem and below) the hp returned is quite generous compared to the damage dealt by cops and can similarly make you feel outright invulnerable. Ex-Pres is a slight variation on the idea that gets scaled out of relevance sooner.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

EorayMel posted:

Either way I am loving glad I did that. Sweet, sweet +25% experience bonus

Framing Frame used to be easy as gently caress. Back in my day we had guards who didn't alert on broken cameras, and they didn't have fifth guard appear after you killed a certain number. Knock out four of them and dominate the fifth with no pager activation, then you just do the rest of the map and toss out a random group call "hey I've got FF day 3 done I just need people to help me move gold". The items have always been poo poo to find though.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Went to see Baby Driver last night, my ears perked up when they went to see a gun dealer named The Butcher, but was disappointed when it turned out to be a scrawny french dude.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

chairface posted:

The last 3 sections are devoted entirely to perk decks. Hitman's VERY strong on overkill but comes up short on higher difficulties where the answer to the question "can cops blow through all my hp in the 1.5s it takes my armor to regen?" changes from "gently caress no" to "easily."

Yakuza's probably the only perk deck that's outright bad, although Ex-Pres is also pretty bad and Hitman definitely suffers beyond Overkill, but otherwise there's a lot of good options with reasonable variety in playstyles supported.

Hitman is viable on Deathwish these days, rather than being the complete waste of time that it was previously. Use ICTV to tank shots, take cover where needed, and devastate the enemy with armour-piercing akimbo SMGs with Aced Body Expertise. Odd as that might sound, it's a perk deck that makes you a glass cannon in heavy armour.

But if just sticking to Overkill, even Yakuza is viable on Overkill.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
What are some of the most fun and slightly gimmicky missions? I really love birth of sky and mallcrasher when I'm getting burned out on grinding murky station or the bank heists and I just wanna parachute out of a plane or blow up a mall. I could use a few more suggestions to add to my list of gently caress around missions.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
HLM works for that, between blowing up a gas station and cooking meth because gently caress you that's why. beneath the mountain is also good for much the same reason birth of sky is.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Goat Simulator is the gimmickiest, seeing how some of the baggable loot on Day 1 will kick you in the face... but you said fun.

Stealing Xmas has you actually steal Christmas at the end.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Biker Heist Day 1 can be annoying, but Day 2 is a rapid sprint through a moving train filled with enemies to steal top secret military hardware.

Meltdown has you steal nuclear warheads, and it's fun until driving section at the end.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Biker Heist day 2 would be an awesome one day low stakes heist. The first day is definitely a little annoying though. I still really enjoyed it though.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Tempest_56 posted:

I think they may have even fixed that auto-fail state with the camera watching the one bookcase.

Yeah, it's fixed. There's very little significant gameplay-harming bugs left in payday 2. Aside from, you know, the design.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Is 25 detection rate the breakpoint I need to hit for dodge builds? I think the crit chance and sneaky bastard both cap out at 25 detection but are there any others that benefit from going even lower?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

tweet my meat posted:

Is 25 detection rate the breakpoint I need to hit for dodge builds? I think the crit chance and sneaky bastard both cap out at 25 detection but are there any others that benefit from going even lower?
The only benefit of going even lower still is not spending 14 points on getting those skills aced.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

yeah, so mathematically the breakpoints are 25 and 5, however because payday, those detection numbers don't actually exist, instead changing the breakpoints to 23 and 4. Personally I recommend going all the way down to 4 and thus saving the skill points you'd otherwise have to spend acing SB & LB. 4 is easily achievable with very competent weapons loadouts thanks to the existence of the 5/7; a handgun that pierces like a sniping rifle. With the 5/7 to cover counter-sniper and anti-shield duties, the primary slot's got tons of good options capable of getting you down to 4 detection. Silenced izhma, silenced car-4 and silenced akimbo handguns are the three options I tend towards. Crits make any weapon a whole lot better, and notably with akimbo chimano compacts and a 5/7, you can get down to 4 detection in HBV allowing hilarious Hitman and Crook builds.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Car-4 can get you down to 4 conceal without the silencer conceal boost skill too if you want to save the most points

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Ok so I spent a couple dollars on safes during the summer sale trying (and succeeding to some degree) to get a particular skin for my Car-4. As such I have a handful of skins I have no interest in. So as not to clog up this thread message me on steam and tell me which one you want because I want to clean up my inventory and I can't be bothered to try to flip the things.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/juliuspringle/

THE JUDGE SHOTGUN | Dynamite, Broken-In
THE JUDGE SHOTGUN | Dynamite, Battle-Worn
PEACEMAKER .45 REVOLVER | Engraving, Well-Used (I have TWO of this one)
COMPACT-5 SUBMACHINE GUN | Failsafe, Lightly-Marked
ARBITER GRENADE LAUNCHER | Last Man Standing, Lightly-Marked
ARBITER GRENADE LAUNCHER | Last Man Standing, Well-Used
ARBITER GRENADE LAUNCHER | Last Man Standing, Battle-Worn (TWO of these as well)
LIGHT CROSSBOW | Modernized, Mint-Condition
LIGHT CROSSBOW | Modernized, Broken-In
CONTRACTOR .308 SNIPER RIFLE | Frenzy, Well-Used
THANATOS .50 CAL SNIPER RIFLE | Greed, Mint-Condition, Stat Boost (Stat Boost: +4 Stability)
THANATOS .50 CAL SNIPER RIFLE | Greed, Lightly-Marked (TWO of these)
THANATOS .50 CAL SNIPER RIFLE | Greed, Battle-Worn
KROSS VERTEX SUBMACHINE GUN | Crescent, Well-Used, Stat Boost (Stat Boost: +4 Accuracy)
STEAKOUT 12G SHOTGUN | Powerhouse, Lightly-Marked, Stat Boost (Stat Boost: -4 Accuracy)GONE

juliuspringle fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jul 12, 2017

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

juliuspringle posted:

Ok so I spent a couple dollars on safes during the summer sale trying (and succeeding to some degree) to get a particular skin for my Car-4. As such I have a handful of skins I have no interest in. So as not to clog up this thread message me on steam and tell me which one you want because I want to clean up my inventory and I can't be bothered to try to flip the things.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/juliuspringle/

THE JUDGE SHOTGUN | Dynamite, Broken-In
THE JUDGE SHOTGUN | Dynamite, Battle-Worn
PEACEMAKER .45 REVOLVER | Engraving, Well-Used (I have TWO of this one)
COMPACT-5 SUBMACHINE GUN | Failsafe, Lightly-Marked
ARBITER GRENADE LAUNCHER | Last Man Standing, Lightly-Marked
ARBITER GRENADE LAUNCHER | Last Man Standing, Well-Used
ARBITER GRENADE LAUNCHER | Last Man Standing, Battle-Worn (TWO of these as well)
LIGHT CROSSBOW | Modernized, Mint-Condition
LIGHT CROSSBOW | Modernized, Broken-In
CONTRACTOR .308 SNIPER RIFLE | Frenzy, Well-Used
THANATOS .50 CAL SNIPER RIFLE | Greed, Mint-Condition, Stat Boost (Stat Boost: +4 Stability)
THANATOS .50 CAL SNIPER RIFLE | Greed, Lightly-Marked (TWO of these)
THANATOS .50 CAL SNIPER RIFLE | Greed, Battle-Worn
KROSS VERTEX SUBMACHINE GUN | Crescent, Well-Used, Stat Boost (Stat Boost: +4 Accuracy)
STEAKOUT 12G SHOTGUN | Powerhouse, Lightly-Marked, Stat Boost (Stat Boost: -4 Accuracy)

Were you getting an error after every safe that required you to back out and go back into Steam Inventory otherwise it failed opening the safe?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Malek posted:

Were you getting an error after every safe that required you to back out and go back into Steam Inventory otherwise it failed opening the safe?

If it played through the animation there's a good chance it opened anyway and the contents show up in your inventory. This error can also happen if you use a URL to bulk buy drills instead of buying them one at a time. :saddowns:

Also gonna echo the earlier sentiment that you should have just directly bought the one you wanted instead of gambling but it's cool you're giving your extras away.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

UnknownMercenary posted:

If it played through the animation there's a good chance it opened anyway and the contents show up in your inventory. This error can also happen if you use a URL to bulk buy drills instead of buying them one at a time. :saddowns:

Also gonna echo the earlier sentiment that you should have just directly bought the one you wanted instead of gambling but it's cool you're giving your extras away.

I just checked to give current info the Well Used Nitro Car 4 skin with stat boost I ended up getting (I just wanted some version I didn't care about condition or stat boosts) was $5 something minimum when I got it in a safe during the sale but now the cheapest Well Used stat boost one on the community marketplace is $8 something which is what I Mint Condition non stat boost started at during the sale. Figured there was probably someone that would get use out of my castoffs. Gambling seemed and turned out to be apparently cheaper. At one point I had a buy order for 6 Community Safe 3 at twenty cents each that surprisingly (to me at least) went through.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
edit:ok with a slightly cooler head now. I was essentially lagged out of the game. Other players saw me standing still off in the distance while playing aftershock but I was actually moving around. I couldn't interact with anything that required the interact button or throw anything but i could shoot run jump etc. Cops did not aggro me at all but I could kill them. I eventually got kicked after trying to communicate this but I don't think they could read my messages either.

Is this a known bug?

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jul 11, 2017

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

tweet my meat posted:

edit:ok with a slightly cooler head now. I was essentially lagged out of the game. Other players saw me standing still off in the distance while playing aftershock but I was actually moving around. I couldn't interact with anything that required the interact button or throw anything but i could shoot run jump etc. Cops did not aggro me at all but I could kill them. I eventually got kicked after trying to communicate this but I don't think they could read my messages either.

Is this a known bug?

It sounds like you got lagged out of the game due to a network hiccup or whatever.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
drat, does that happen often? Because I lost about 30 minutes of grueling pubbie play to that.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

tweet my meat posted:

drat, does that happen often? Because I lost about 30 minutes of grueling pubbie play to that.

Are you on console or PC? it could've happened on your end or the hosts & I have no idea how any of that works on console. Regardless, it sucks but it happens.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
PC. I would think the hosts end because I have a pretty solid connection, oh well there's always another terrible pubbie game to join.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

tweet my meat posted:

Is this a known bug?

I've had a very similar occurrence before, it's definitely a network related issue. Possibly not even on your end since Payday has some quirky networking - I think when I had it one of the others in my game was playing during a thunderstorm and my traffic was being routed through him, and everything was magically resolved when he got dropped.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I absolutely love light armor anarchist builds. It gives me a ton of freedom in weapon choice while still letting me be light on my feet. I went with bullseye/iron man/die hard to help boost the armor and armor gain from anarchist a bit more and body expertise/silencer skills to boost damage. I've been more than pulling my weight on very hard and even a few overkill games with this setup.

It also works with CTV or HBV if I feel like swapping out for a heavier loadout for a defense based mission like safe house raid, though I held off on acing iron man to save points to make the build a bit more general purpose, so no ICTV. Honestly an ICTV would just be overkill on this thing.

Why do people use decks other than anarchist again?

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

tweet my meat posted:

Why do people use decks other than anarchist again?

Because other decks are objectively better?

I used to be big on anarchist frenzy which is still viable but it's not the end all solution.

Muscle, especially for OD is more viable with the health regeneration and threat and I use the grinder deck for my crit fire build. Just no point in it with anarchist.

Anarchist is good for an armor gimmick but unless you have someone with cupcakes or gambler, hovering at the low health point isn't helpful. Plus the lack of a full armor regeneration doesn't help either. In OD, you will get chewed up easily and it will take ten plus minutes to get your armor up so you can take just a single bullet.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Malek posted:

I use the grinder deck for my crit fire build. Just no point in it with anarchist.

My Flames of Love keep the cops warm at night.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Malek posted:

Because other decks are objectively better?

I used to be big on anarchist frenzy which is still viable but it's not the end all solution.

Muscle, especially for OD is more viable with the health regeneration and threat and I use the grinder deck for my crit fire build. Just no point in it with anarchist.

Anarchist is good for an armor gimmick but unless you have someone with cupcakes or gambler, hovering at the low health point isn't helpful. Plus the lack of a full armor regeneration doesn't help either. In OD, you will get chewed up easily and it will take ten plus minutes to get your armor up so you can take just a single bullet.

Fair enough, I mostly play on overkill or very hard and I can see how armor builds would get destroyed with the ridiculous amounts of damage on OD. It's definitely still my favorite deck of what I've played.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I don't see how muscle or grinder works on one down when cops do so much damage so often.

I can see it working on deathwish but on one down that's a DPS race I could never see going in your favour.

And first aid kits are the most counter productive deployable to bring with anarchist builds. A good defense is a good offense: frenzerk that poo poo, gently caress first aid because they'll always be third rate compared to doctor bags.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

UnknownMercenary posted:

I don't see how muscle or grinder works on one down when cops do so much damage so often.
For Grinder: 6 turrets, 3 bots, 2 converts, Dragon's Breath, a ground floor laboratory and the bathroom.

It didn't so much work as I survived long enough. Most of the turrets have a different story to tell.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
my hot take: muscle can work ok on one down but there are better options

those options require me to know more about the game than i'm willing to pick up at this juncture tho

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Malek posted:

Hey sorry I misinterpreted what you said before. I had change from some cards so I bought a few more cheap safes (actually got one I liked so started dicking around with akimbo deagles and some skill tweaks but that's all unimportant) and one time I did try to open a second one without backing out today and it failed to open. The other day I just kept backing out to steam inventory because I thought you had to. It seems to work fine as long as you go back to the inventory between safes to click the little thing acknowledging what you got from the safe.

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

Can one of you folks post a loud build that I can give to my idiot friends to shoot cops/level up with? I am level 60 with some shotgun + the fancy armor suit but I still don't know what the heck so I just put them on the road to the really big armor suit + armor/health perk decks.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Jbz posted:

Can one of you folks post a loud build that I can give to my idiot friends to shoot cops/level up with? I am level 60 with some shotgun + the fancy armor suit but I still don't know what the heck so I just put them on the road to the really big armor suit + armor/health perk decks.
I don't know what level your idiot friends are or what weapons they're using so...

Here's a level 40 thing: http://pd2tools.com/l/e1f3591497405da2175f37f7e732722d
Level 50: http://pd2tools.com/l/5a2a9c0ccd3500ef0c1bfa0d83b5ccb1
Level 64: http://pd2tools.com/l/8cefaca5af230316242d0b3c3994b04f
Level 74: http://pd2tools.com/l/3f2c05abcb3e9bd27dfe6b9e598d3a11
...let's just finish this
Level 100: http://pd2tools.com/l/c76f132b0b313018d698c2ebd5d5ae4a

It's just ICTV and two ammo (not completely upgraded) bags and the assumption of using assault rifles and SMGs. It gets converting cops, drill skills and better ammo bags along the way. It uses Muscle, because of course it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Tell your friends to hop on the anarchist express with me all the way to 100.