Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

PostNouveau posted:

I have a burning question that has yet to be answered by any advance media that I've seen.

What happens when Mario jumps on one of those regular-rear end people in New Donk City? Is it as nightmarish as I'm imagining?

They have extreme trauma and explode in a shower of gibs and blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

They have extreme trauma and explode in a shower of gibs and blood.

Yeah, do they squish all the way down like a Goomba?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, do they squish all the way down like a Goomba?

Not exactly, they are fully destroyed and only a small puddle of blood and entrails are left behind.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Not exactly, they are fully destroyed and only a small puddle of blood and entrails are left behind.

I guess that's not so bad as long as there's no Cronenberg body horror kind of stuff. Good on Nintendo for finally getting Mario that M rating.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lanning lays at the mercy of Shigeru Miyamoto. Miyamoto presses his foot to Lanning's throat and grasps his spear tightly.

Miyamoto: You're not a man. Men are brave.

Lanning: Please... Oddyssey.

Miyamoto: What?

Lanning: You're letting them kill... Oddyssey!

Miyamoto looks around confused, he raises his foot and steps back, staggered.

Miyamoto: Why did you say that name!? WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME!?

He points his spear back at Lanning, flashing back to Cappy and Pauline. His hands begin shaking as he rears back. Yves Guillermot arrives and places himself between the two.

Yves: It's his game series! Oddyssey is the name of his game series!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol at Lanning though complaining that a game that previously was released on every single platform in the universe, including a run as a PS Plus game, didn't get the royal treatment on WiiU. who the gently caress cares about Oddworld, I'm glad the WiiU promoted poo poo like Shovel Knight or Shantae instead.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If I haven't played Shovel Knight should I get the Treasure Trove or just the Specter of Torment

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The trove.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If I haven't played Shovel Knight should I get the Treasure Trove or just the Specter of Torment

Treasure Trove. It's all good.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Treasure Trove

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

eberyone should get Trove if they haven't played it, but on a similar note everyone with a Switch should also own Blaster Master Zero which is way better than I expected, especially knowing that when I beat it I can replay it with so many different characters.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
You reminded me that Shovel Knight and Shantae are free DLC right now for Blaster Master. Better get on that.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You reminded me that Shovel Knight and Shantae are free DLC right now for Blaster Master. Better get on that.

Just Shantae for now. Shovel Knight is out on August 3rd.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Has anyone played Shephy?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

PostNouveau posted:

I have a burning question that has yet to be answered by any advance media that I've seen.

What happens when Mario jumps on one of those regular-rear end people in New Donk City? Is it as nightmarish as I'm imagining?

They become short and that's how we have Midgets Little People in real life like Wee man and Mini Me

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm in the mood for something chill from my backlog. Should I play Bowsers Inside Story or Paper Mario Color Splash? I'm gonna play both eventually.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Bowser's Inside Story

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Spacebump posted:

Another week without NBA Playgrounds getting online or even communication from the dev. lol I wouldn't be shocked if free Shaq Fu and online never happen.

Pages old post, but apparently (via destructoid) playgrounds was coded so badly they can't fit the update in the size restriction nintendo has for updates.

incoherent fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jul 8, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2F-nBYWWTE

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Lodin posted:

I loving hate the lobster shirt. Oh cool, I can replay Windwaker but now I have to look like a lemon.

Lobster Link sucks.

Take that back.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I would like to be able to swap the jump and recentre camera buttons thank you Nintendo

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I haven't played Switch since early June. It spent my whole vacation in my suitcase.

Did I miss the release of must-play games like Super Mario World/Sunshine / Metroid Prime?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Source: http://phillip-bankss.tumblr.com/post/161800389039/super-mario-odyssey-baby

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Lodin posted:

I loving hate the lobster shirt. Oh cool, I can replay Windwaker but now I have to look like a lemon.

Lobster Link sucks.

The Lobster posted:

Take that back.

Yeah!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

when Mario jumps on someone in New Donk City, the same thing as when he jumps on any other NPC happens. They squish down slightly and then shoot back up as he gains height.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
i went to buy something on the eshop today and it wouldnt accept my debit card info and i had to end up using a credit card
I have used that debit card for all eshop purchases up to this point just fine
Anyone else encounter an issue like this??

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

AfroGunsou posted:

i went to buy something on the eshop today and it wouldnt accept my debit card info and i had to end up using a credit card

Sounds weird

PM me your debit card details so I can check it it's working or not

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Sounds weird

PM me your debit card details so I can check it it's working or not

Sure thing

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

unrelated but your av should be this thread's gang tag instead of that snipperclips one

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

AfroGunsou posted:

Someone posted a bit ago that their stored card on eShop stopped working, they deleted the stored one and re-added the same card and then it was fine. Try that?

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

less than three posted:

Someone posted a bit ago that their stored card on eShop stopped working, they deleted the stored one and re-added the same card and then it was fine. Try that?

It was never stored, i enter it every time

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Anyone else had the battery jump up after putting their switch in the dock? I went from 5% to 59% in 2 minutes :tinfoil:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Anidav posted:

With each piece of new Marina fan art, her breasts get larger.

Is this some sort of theory of fandom boob sliders?

Meanwhile Pearl remains untouched and superior

http://imgur.com/a/hUIZu

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Nintendo apparently had their shareholder meeting a couple of weeks back, and the translated Q&A session was published earlier this week.

Lots of questions about.. stuff, but the second question about possible PC ports is shot down quickly. You want "unique experience" Nintendo games, you buy Nintendo consoles. That said, they're going to double their efforts on the mobile front.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

AfroGunsou posted:

Yes, I had the same thing happen to me when I bought the Breath of the Wild DLC. Tried using the same debt card that I've used for the Wii U and 3DS eshops and it kept saying "verify card details" every time I popped them in and hit add funds. It finally worked when I used a credit card. I checked my debt card statement the next day and saw that it had charged me three times and then credited me back the same amount three times. So I dunno, it's something on their end.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You probably somehow tripped some mysterious fraud prevention thing on their end, the same thing happens on PSN with greater frequency.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Stan Taylor posted:

unrelated but your av should be this thread's gang tag instead of that snipperclips one

Would look baller, needs tidying up though.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Blazing Zero posted:

i dont understand what he said was lovely, can you explain

Iwata died of cancer. Blaming it and scapegoating it by saying the things you don't like about Nintendo gave him cancer and killed him is both incredibly over dramatic and very wrong and also quite lovely

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Rexroom posted:

Nintendo apparently had their shareholder meeting a couple of weeks back, and the translated Q&A session was published earlier this week.

Lots of questions about.. stuff, but the second question about possible PC ports is shot down quickly. You want "unique experience" Nintendo games, you buy Nintendo consoles. That said, they're going to double their efforts on the mobile front.

That's sucks because their mobile ports have been unfun garbage so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What mobile ports? They haven't made any

• Locked thread