Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Donnerberg posted:

And that attitude is why people don't learn Sombra.

I mean that and the 40%-ish winrate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
The most frustrating thing about Sombra is I'm awful at her but her dance emote is the best dance emote.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Wildtortilla posted:

The most frustrating thing about Sombra is I'm awful at her but her dance emote is the best dance emote.

She also has bar none the best/most clever highlight intro, but you'll never see it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Kai Tave posted:

I mean that and the 40%-ish winrate.

DOTA frequently has the best heroes in the game have the lowest public winrates the more difficult they are

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun
Doomfist has a big rear end hitbox. It might actually be larger than Zarya. Hanzo is pretty good against him thanks to scatter, as are Sombra, Pharah, Mei, and every single tank. Doomfist feels really tuned around bursting down 200 HP heroes, but against a D.Va he either has to bail or use all his cooldowns and sorta flail with a really bad gun and die.

For what it's worth, Doomfist's primary appears to do 6x11=66 damage, and does not appear to have range falloff, though it is ineffective at range thanks to shotgun spread. It appears to fire somewhere around 3.33 rounds per second, then reload at about 1.33 rounds per second. His gun is okay for doing what he needs it to (poking or finishing off a target that he's stunned away from himself).

He might still be a touch overtuned and I don't like his ultimate. It feels... bad. Not like it's not powerful though it really isn't that great. It's like a Hanzo ult, you might be able to get a kill or two but on its own it should mostly zone once people figure out what the giant target means. It's the fact that he can basically just bail out and become invulnerable for a few seconds. In some sense his ult almost makes the most sense as an escape move.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I feel that tracer might clown all over doomfist as well. All his attacks are well telegraphed, and she can clip 200 damage into him at a decent range to keep out of his kill zone.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

from everything I've seen and heard, it's the opposite

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

The Blue Caboose posted:

It's the fact that he can basically just bail out and become invulnerable for a few seconds. In some sense his ult almost makes the most sense as an escape move.

You could use it that way, but it's probably the same as Zen's ult where you're better off dying instead the majority of the time. The only time I ever use transcendence to keep myself alive is in dire situations where the rest of the team has wiped and we lose immediately unless someone gets on the point.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

You could use it that way, but it's probably the same as Zen's ult where you're better off dying instead the majority of the time. The only time I ever use transcendence to keep myself alive is in dire situations where the rest of the team has wiped and we lose immediately unless someone gets on the point.

Except Zen's ult can and should be used to neutralize some of the strongest ultimates in the game and the threat of Transcendence is frequently enough to stave off a nanoblade or a Graviton. Doomfist's ult... does not do that.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
From what i'm seeing if you're good you can meteor a dragonblade pretty regularly.

I'm seeing doomfist as "strong" just because on a solid hit he murders folks and its not that difficult to land a solid hit. I'll find out more when he's live, but i honestly cannot wait

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
If the numbers I'm seeing bandied about are accurate Meteor Strike does 300 damage at the center and falls off the further you get. That makes it one of the weakest DPS ults in the game in terms of sheer damage output...pulse bomb, death blossom, dragonblade, even tacvisor technically allows Soldier to put out higher raw damage numbers for its duration. In that sense I think I'm fine with his ult also doubling as a form of escape for him since he's trading raw kill potential out for something that's more flexible.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

The Blue Caboose posted:

Except Zen's ult can and should be used to neutralize some of the strongest ultimates in the game and the threat of Transcendence is frequently enough to stave off a nanoblade or a Graviton. Doomfist's ult... does not do that.

I wasn't saying it did? Doomfist's ult doesn't seem that great to me either, but I don't agree that becoming temporarily invincible and then doing AOE damage in a large area is the sort of thing that should primarily be used to escape from a lost fight. Better to just die and then make proper use of it once the rest of your team has respawned and you can go in together. Even if you can't combo it with a Zarya ult, it seems like a good way to initiate a fight once your team has decided to go in.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Another factor to consider is how quickly Doomfist's ult charges. Again, numbers with a grain of salt, but according to what's being reported it requires the same amount of "charge" as Genji's ult (1500 points). Tracer by contrast takes 1125 points to charge hers while Pharah is around 1800 and Soldier takes 2000 (though Soldier also gains ult charge for healing with the biotic field as well as damage).

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

berenzen posted:

I feel that tracer might clown all over doomfist as well. All his attacks are well telegraphed, and she can clip 200 damage into him at a decent range to keep out of his kill zone.
this is more or less my impression, but his rocket punch is still scary for her. He doesn't even need full charge to instagib her.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Rocket punch is very telegraphed though, the sound it makes is pretty unmistakable. Just from futzing around it feels like Tracer should dominate him but it's early.

Doomfist seems like a hard counter to deathball, so lookout dive, your day is coming (in a couple months maybe)

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hell is a reddit front page covered with dozens of "how 2 play domfist gide for pros" posts by idiots.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Best highlight intros by character, go.

Genji: Punkin
McCree: Bamf
Pharah: Three point landing
Reaper: Help I'm stuck in a coffin
Soldier: 76: Helix Rockets I guess
Sombra: Hacked (best in game)
Tracer: Puffed up then gigle
Bastion: Ganymede Frands
Hanzo: Who cares maybe your girlfriend's husband who mains Hanzo?
Junkrat: Ouch my balls
Mei: Ghostbot boo
Torbjörn: Turret ride
Widowmaker : Mistletoe

D.Va: Selfie
Orisa: lol who cares
Reinhardt: Throwing his old man back
Roadhog: Asleepiness
Winston: the glasses one
Zarya: Deadlift

Ana: Shhh!
Lúcio: DJ scratch
Mercy: Staffy-spin-gun
Symmetra: Camera OCD
Zenyatta: IDK the one with the ghost arms maybe?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
They should swap hero intros for the next anniversary. Things like Roadhog doing Tracer's lunar new year and junkrat reclining with bubble gum.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

How can you not put the Chinese New Year one in instead :psyduck:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Doesn't doompynch have a thing where he hovers in the air for a bit? Unironic widowmaker here we go.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

No Safe Word posted:

How can you not put the Chinese New Year one in instead :psyduck:

It's pretty good but sometimes life is about the simple things.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

Roadhog should do bonus damage on a headshot with an un-exploded right click. You're nailing them in the face with a ball of bastion/meka/orisa parts you swept up off the ground for gently caress's sake.

He does though, kinda. If you headshot them at the range at which the right click bask would explode, it does full shrapnel damage to the inside of their head and instant kills a big chunk of the heroes.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I mean technically you can 1hko with it but it's not that easy nowadays

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I wasn't saying it did? Doomfist's ult doesn't seem that great to me either, but I don't agree that becoming temporarily invincible and then doing AOE damage in a large area is the sort of thing that should primarily be used to escape from a lost fight. Better to just die and then make proper use of it once the rest of your team has respawned and you can go in together. Even if you can't combo it with a Zarya ult, it seems like a good way to initiate a fight once your team has decided to go in.

It's mostly that the delay is such that unless Doomfist is comboing, everyone should be able to get clear of the blast pretty much every time, and it doesn't actually do that much damage to begin with.

I'm not saying it should be used to escape a lost team fight, but if Doomfist gets in too deep when trying to get picks, it might make sense to use the ult to try and reposition closer to his line.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Whelp if that video is to be believed he seems overpowered.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

The new upside down one is cool.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

No Wave posted:

They should swap hero intros for the next anniversary. Things like Roadhog doing Tracer's lunar new year and junkrat reclining with bubble gum.

Hanzo getting hit in the nuts with spread arrow. Junkrat doing an effortless backflip.

D.Va falling asleep in a heap of fake doritos. Hog exploding.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

FWIW, I have set all to random except D.VA (Selfie) and Sombra (Hacked)

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Genji: Punkin
McCree: Bamf
Pharah: Three point landing
Reaper: Help I'm stuck in a coffin
Soldier: 76: Helix Rockets I guess
Sombra: Hacked (best in game)
Bastion: Ganymede Frands
Hanzo: Who cares maybe your girlfriend's husband who mains Hanzo?
Junkrat: Ouch my balls
Mei: Ghostbot boo
Torbjörn: Turret ride
Widowmaker : Mistletoe

D.Va: Selfie
Orisa: lol who cares
Reinhardt: Throwing his old man back
Roadhog: Asleepiness
Winston: the glasses one
Zarya: Deadlift

Ana: Shhh!
Lúcio: DJ scratch
Mercy: Staffy-spin-gun
Symmetra: Camera OCD

Roadhog's blowjob one is better

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
Tank VS Meteor

I really think meteor strike needs something to make it a little more counterable.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Arsonide posted:

Tank VS Meteor

I really think meteor strike needs something to make it a little more counterable.

That Bastion was below half health when he got hit, if you're half dead already and you get hit with an offensive character's ult you should probably definitely be dead yo

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
let's maybe let the character exist for more than a few days before deciding he's OP and needs to be gutted for daring to deal real damage

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Damage? In MY OVerwatch??? I don't loving think so. *begins typing up a Battle.net thread entitled "PLS buff Ana"*

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Lets be real, what doesn't kill bastions ult?

I was in mystery heroes yesterday and jumped on an ulting bastion as winston, shocked him for a bit and finished him off with a punch. It's bastions ult, nobody is scared of it!

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Damage? In MY OVerwatch??? I don't loving think so. *begins typing up a Battle.net thread entitled "PLS buff Ana"*

It's not so much damage as instant and uncounterable damage. If you watch the footage and have any idea what I could have done there to not die, I'd like to hear it. Even on foot, Bastion would not have had enough time to run out of that circle. The only way to avoid it is to hear him moving around, but he'd entered his ultimate state milliseconds after charging into my field of vision, and ended the ultimate milliseconds after that.

Didn't tank form use to give Bastion a bit of armor at some point? When I recorded this I assumed his ultimate just burned through the armor, but watching it now, I notice that I didn't get poo poo. Haven't played Bastion in a while.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah bastions ult doesn't give armour anymore and is straight up worse now.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
not everything needs to have reactive counterplay

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
As many things as humanly possible do though.

wit
Jul 26, 2011
What happens if he ults down onto a junkrat mine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

dogstile posted:

From what i'm seeing if you're good you can meteor hook a dragonblade pretty regularly.

I'm seeing doomfist pre-nerf Roadhog as "strong" just because on a solid hit he murders folks and its not that difficult to land a solid hit. I'll find out more when he's live un-nerfed, but i honestly cannot wait
I'm not bitter or anything, though. :nallears: