Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

yea ok posted:

Bix trying to gotcha JR on twitter today is pretty embarrassing

I mean JR has the format sheet. Now he knows when to throw it to break. This changes everything.

Spermgod posted:

they should hire that guy that did Slammiversary since apparently TNA isn't planning on using him regularly

Good luck. Flores has a full time gig with MLB and NHL as a host and commentator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hot Topic will stock more New Japan stuff in August, including the classic Lion Mark shirt, a Bullet Club hoodie, shirts for Hangman Page and G.O.D., and the red Los Ingobernables de Japon shirt

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

During the big moments, I felt JR was pretty good. It was when he was trying to fill air that he was terrible. And Barnett acted like someone with no interest in being there, which was actively worse to me than JR.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Hot Topic will stock more New Japan stuff in August, including the classic Lion Mark shirt, a Bullet Club hoodie, shirts for Hangman Page and G.O.D., and the red Los Ingobernables de Japon shirt

This is still just PWTees stuff and not straight from Japan merch though right

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Getting the LiJ shirt is a big step and I hope it's official New Japan merch

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

I think so

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I tend to tune out commentary most of the time but nothing on the G1 Special seemed *really* horrible to me. It wasn't great and I don't think the commentary heightened anything at any point, but it wasn't like listening to Josh Matthews and Elijah Burke or something.

I will say I really enjoyed Cyrus the last time I heard him, but I still ultimately prefer the Japanese commentators even though I don't have a drat clue as to what they're saying. They're excitement is infectious.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Spermgod posted:

they should hire that guy that did Slammiversary since apparently TNA isn't planning on using him regularly

I know you mean the other guy, but I want Don West calling NJPW matches, he might not be technically perfect, but he buys in and is believably into the action

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Troxartas posted:

I know you mean the other guy, but I want Don West calling NJPW matches, he might not be technically perfect, but he buys in and is believably into the action

I want him doing ads for NJPW merch

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
pete harshnish

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Phenix Rising posted:

I will say I really enjoyed Cyrus the last time I heard him, but I still ultimately prefer the Japanese commentators even though I don't have a drat clue as to what they're saying. They're excitement is infectious.

Yeah, I'll often listen to Kelly and Cyrus during the undercard but once the main attraction matches start I'll switch over to Japanese because they're just absolutely losing their minds and it's cool as hell to listen to. That said I'll slip back post-match though because sometimes the English commentary is giving some kind of feedback to whatever promo is being done in the ring, and it's nice to get a sense of what is being said/going on.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Subtitled Japanese commentary would be nice though I know it wouldn't work on many levels

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Is Hot Topic the same company as Spencer's Gifts? I got a gift card for that place about four years ago that might have a use now

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

checksin posted:

Is Hot Topic the same company as Spencer's Gifts? I got a gift card for that place about four years ago that might have a use now
Most malls have both but they're separate

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

checksin posted:

No

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
They should bring back todd pettingill to do english NJPW commentary in the future.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

hahahahahahahahaha

EDIT so my post isn't basically just an emptyquote

KungFu Grip posted:

PWTees claims to be "the official US distributor for New Japan Pro Wrestling", is there any truth to that? I want LIJ stuff but I don't want to pay for some fake knockoff stuff when NJPW deserves my hard-earned money.

dromal phrenia fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 9, 2017

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

dromal phrenia posted:

hahahahahahahahaha

EDIT so my post isn't basically just an emptyquote

PWTees claims to be "the official US distributor for New Japan Pro Wrestling", is there any truth to that? I want LIJ stuff but I don't want to pay for some fake knockoff stuff when NJPW deserves my hard-earned money.

Yes they are. Especially if you want shirts in not Japanese sizes.

Edit: Also, as far as I know, Hot Topic is only stocking Bullet Club shirts and those are ProWrestlingTees merch (peep the tag).

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 9, 2017

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Yes they are. Especially if you want shirts in not Japanese sizes.

Edit: Also, as far as I know, Hot Topic is only stocking Bullet Club shirts and those are ProWrestlingTees merch.

Yeah they're American sizes on Gildan brand tees for the most part, also won't have the njpw tag on the inside

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/bushi_njpw/status/883826439530758144

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Edit: Daryl needs a pic to sell too

I'm hoping New Japan world puts up the Rev Pro matches with their guys, including Riddle vs Ishii

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they almost certainly will, are there any collaboration shows with revpro they haven't previously put up?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Whoops wrong thread

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

exploded mummy posted:

I mean JR has the format sheet. Now he knows when to throw it to break. This changes everything
It's very obviously one of many pages in a binder. I know for a fact that AXS is sent notes with storyline details.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i kinda wish john pollock got the gig but kelly and callis are fine. kinda eh on josh and jr.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

japanese commentary for a japanese product. only way to keep it authentic.

anyway here's everyday Tanahashi:

https://twitter.com/tanahashi1_100/status/883591865085214720

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

coconono posted:

japanese commentary for a japanese product. only way to keep it authentic.

anyway here's everyday Tanahashi:

https://twitter.com/tanahashi1_100/status/883591865085214720

Japanese chain store Loft is doing a crossover with NJPW, I might go pick some stuff up. Tanahashi appeared as a promotion at the main Shibuya Loft location on Saturday.

online shopping list of the LOFT x NJPW goods

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Edit: Daryl needs a pic to sell too

I'm hoping New Japan world puts up the Rev Pro matches with their guys, including Riddle vs Ishii

They have in the past IIRC

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/EvanDeadlySinsW/status/883859917437898752

Would be a perfect fit for the 3 days he'd be there before being banned from the country for weed

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Troxartas posted:

Yeah they're American sizes on Gildan brand tees for the most part, also won't have the njpw tag on the inside

Ugh, Gildan is the worst. What are the Japanese shirts straight from NJPW like? I've read they size small for Americans, so if you wear a medium regularly you should order a large.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Troxartas posted:

Their prints are also worse quality than the official tagged shirts, and often only have one side printed or will make two different shirts out of one official shirt's front and back. They are legit in only the carniest wrestling way.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Phenix Rising posted:

Ugh, Gildan is the worst. What are the Japanese shirts straight from NJPW like? I've read they size small for Americans, so if you wear a medium regularly you should order a large.

They're very soft cotton but not as thin as an American apparel shirt. They do size small. They're really comfy though. I miss that twitter guy.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Yeah, I have a couple Japanese shirts with the NJPW tag and they're really nice. I usually wear a US L and the XL in them fits perfectly.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Phenix Rising posted:

The LIJ shirt I got was secondhand but a legit new Japan one. One size up should be fine, I'm a medium and large was fine. The sleeves on the large were a little shorter/tighter than an American medium though so if you have bigger arms that might be a problem

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Agree with going one size up. The authentic shirts are definitely higher quality and more comfortable which is part of the reason why a lot of us are constantly seeking them out instead of the PWT ones. It's a noticeable upgrade in quality.

Anyway G1 chat: So Naito is definitely winning huh or are we not sure.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/EvanDeadlySinsW/status/883859917437898752

Would be a perfect fit for the 3 days he'd be there before being banned from the country for weed

sydal got away with it for a while

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.

sigmachiev posted:

That was almost certainly the original plan. Some have suggested that they should switch course and stick with Okada/Omega considering how hot that feud's gotten, but I have a feeling that they're going to keep those two on separate paths for a while after the G-1 in order to establish Omega as the ace of the American expansion.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sigmachiev posted:

This was the route I felt they were going even before the Kenny/Okada time limit draw. Around the time Naito/Tana was being built as "if Naito retains he's auctioning the belt" it was pretty obvious Naito was losing the belt, which should have only ever been done if they were committed to him being in the full world title main event scene.

Kenny getting the US title definitely feels like a consolation prize thing to keep him away from that specific scene post-G1

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Regarding shirt size, can confirm Japanese sizes are smaller by one size. So if you normally fit a Large, Japanese XL will fit you fine. I spoke to the merch people at the G1 Special show and they confirmed it. Unfortunately since I'm a fat piece of poo poo smark, I'm limited to PWT shirts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think Naito wins but I wonder if Okada will be the champ. The next defense Okada has puts him a few days behind Hasimoto's 489 day reign and I wonder if they'll do a switch than to keep that record

• Locked thread