Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Ask me about how to assemble $1300 of ikea furniture in 4 hours :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ate bad Thai food last night. I'm dying now.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Woof Blitzer posted:

Goes a lot faster when you get a bit the same size as the allen key and use a power drill.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
A sixpack of beer is pretty much essential for IKEA assembly. Not because it's as complicated as people make it seem, but you somehow end up "in the zone" of DIY furniture assembly.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Speaking of bad life decisions, Monday is "Prime Day". Not that I'm planning on buying anything as long as I'm looking at a trip home in a month, but yeah...deals and bargains and such

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Speaking of bad life decisions, Monday is "Prime Day". Not that I'm planning on buying anything as long as I'm looking at a trip home in a month, but yeah...deals and bargains and such

Yeah, but do you really need to buy a 55 gallon drum full of soda can pop tabs?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
That euphemism is way too complicated.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I haven't bought anything the past two Prime Days because there's been nothing good either time.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Yep. It's the biggest cocktease "sale" I've ever seen.

Unfortunately I do kind of need to replace my tv.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Godholio posted:

Look at Vizio. I've got a 2017 M-Series 4k tv from them. It's pretty terrific. Bought it on sale for 699.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Casimir Radon posted:

I haven't bought anything the past two Prime Days because there's been nothing good either time.

The coffee thread shared this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X9K1EDK/?tag=dreldarion-20 and even though I've got a warranty on mine, I was tempted to get another at that price. It's hands down the best pourover coffee maker I've ever run across. $20 off coupon, ironically not prime day.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

cowboy elvis posted:

Look at Vizio. I've got a 2017 M-Series 4k tv from them. It's pretty terrific. Bought it on sale for 699.

Confirming that the M series TVs are loving awesome. I've got an M55-D0 and it has awesome picture quality.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Just got back from taking my son shooting. I need to drag my dad out next time too.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Thunderstorm blew out the fuses in my building, and apparently killed the cable-based internet in Flagstaff.

RIP Internet.

Gonna be a chill evening with my Kindle and a movie. Thank gently caress I figured out how to navigate the FireTV stick when the home screen is on strike

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Godholio posted:

Costco.

Woof Blitzer posted:

That's actually a pretty admirable clip.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Wife has a subscription to Prime and has been trying to get me to watch their shows. I'm still catching up on Netflix after two and a half weeks of rebuilding my desktop in between work days. Castlevania was awesome, looking forward to more of that. Glow is next, Agents of Shield to catch up on. Once I'm done, what's good on Prime?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

bird food bathtub posted:

Wife has a subscription to Prime and has been trying to get me to watch their shows. I'm still catching up on Netflix after two and a half weeks of rebuilding my desktop in between work days. Castlevania was awesome, looking forward to more of that. Glow is next, Agents of Shield to catch up on. Once I'm done, what's good on Prime?

The Man in the High Castle and Bosch are both good

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
I really liked Patriot on prime but it may be hard to recommend. It's a really dry comedy about a CIA contractor who gets tortured and copes with his ptsd by writing/performing folk music about his classified work. It's slow, but I could not stop watching and finished 10 episodes in like a single weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZJbwkYa4pk

beanieson fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jul 9, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Rad Lieutenant posted:

I really liked Patriot on prime but it may be hard to recommend. It's a really dry comedy about a CIA contractor who gets tortured and copes with his ptsd by writing/performing folk music about his classified work. It's slow, but I could not stop watching and finished 10 episodes in like a single weekend.

dang i watched the trailer and it looked good

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Oh yeah and The Grand Tour

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

grand tour takes like 3 or 4 episodes to find it's groove

after that its aces

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
wait theres a castlevania tv show :wtc:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

just came out

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

My movie choice tonight ended up being Split, because I like James MacAvoy. Thought it was gonna be some thriller comedy from a clip I saw with him acting like some wacky psycho, but then in the opening, I see it's a M.Night. Shyamalan movie, and go "awwww maaan, I thought this was gonna be a good movie".

But what a cool movie, holy poo poo.

And the ending...Jesus loving Christ on a bike.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Anya Taylor-Joy is also stupid hot

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

if you want a good mcavoy film you should watch the last king of scotland

spoiler alert: it ain't about a scottish king

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Netflix, and I rather liked it. They took the "hey, we're not broadcast TV" thing and loving ran with it. Lots of neat little call outs to the video games if you've played through them too.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Two Finger posted:

if you want a good mcavoy film you should watch the last king of scotland

spoiler alert: it ain't about a scottish king

And one scene will make you wonder if David Cronenberg directed.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

tastefully arranged labia posted:

And one scene will make you wonder if David Cronenberg directed.

genuinely one of the most hosed up things i've seen in a film

pretty sure it was based on reality too

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

bird food bathtub posted:

Netflix, and I rather liked it. They took the "hey, we're not broadcast TV" thing and loving ran with it. Lots of neat little call outs to the video games if you've played through them too.

what a horrible night to have a curse

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i hope the dude spends like 10 minutes of one episode just throwing holy water at walls to find secrets

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Rad Lieutenant posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZJbwkYa4pk

Patriot is fantastic. The first ten minutes hooked me for the whole season. And Bosch is also really good. It's also cool to see the main character playing a good guy as opposed to his usual evil henchman.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the new spiderman movie is amazing. Michael Keaton is the first bad guy with believable motivations

PookBear fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 9, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Might go see that today.

On the other hand, I meant to rewatch GoT last week but forgot, so I've gotta cram.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Anybody know of a decent free GIF editor that will let me downsize a GIF and add a pixelization censor graphic to it? Photoshop seems to be the only thing that consistently comes back in my Google searches.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dude you don't need to downsize your micropenis.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Reverand maynard posted:

the new spiderman movie is amazing. Michael Keaton is the first bad guy with believable motivations

Did you see that in 3D?

Only seen one movie in 3D so far, and I dint really have any I interest in seeing action movies in 3D unless they're really "meant" to be watched in 3D

Might go see it tomorrow morning if the internet is still out by then

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Finally got a chance to use my cell phone sized battery pack that can jump a car, worked a treat

Not sure how it'd work for bigger vehicles, but I didn't even have to wait to turn the ignition

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Oh my god I made some bombass chicken pizza. Slow cooked some breasts over the day with some tumeric, garlic, lime, salt, and pepper. Shredded them, put them on some Naan bread w/ pizza sauce, cheese, and red pepper. So loving good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Finally got a chance to use my cell phone sized battery pack that can jump a car, worked a treat

Not sure how it'd work for bigger vehicles, but I didn't even have to wait to turn the ignition

How many CCA?

• Locked thread