Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If only there was a way to avoid that, like if you could play it in the original language for instance....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015

Pungry posted:

I'm going to buy it for $40 on the 3DS and you can't stop me.

I also don't want to be a buzzkill but like the original ds version is available on eBay for also around 16 bux. I just don't understand

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Cory Parsnipson posted:

I also don't want to be a buzzkill but like the original ds version is available on eBay for also around 16 bux. I just don't understand

Older games tend to be cheaper than newer ones, hope that helps

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cory Parsnipson posted:

What

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
E: woah cowboys i got the wrong thread, no wonder you all said $40 and not $30

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

We need Lady Layton to solve this mystery

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015

Oh poo poo, I was still hung up on Apollo Justice. Sorry, wrong game!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's the first English trailer for Lady Layton Mystery Journey:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXVXG00QgKo

i'm the dog anus

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

BoyBlunder posted:

Just got a new 3DS, with the following games:

Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
New SMB 2
Ocarina of Time

Any game recommendations? I normally like side scrollers/Metroid-vania so I'm all ears.

Also, any must have accessories?

Pretty excited! Maybe now I can sell my Vita or let it continue to collect dust.

final fantasy tactics advance 2 is the best nintendo 3ds game available on the market today

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Oh poo poo, they finally made a rerelease that fixes the crippling lag whenever the AI has to act and the dumb thing where it takes forever for some classes to get enough A-Abilities to unlock the more advanced ones?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Does Ever Oasis have any post game stuff?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Giving SMT IV a try after I've had it installed for like two years. I'm maybe 6 hours in and not sure if I'm gonna stick with it or bounce off.

When I fuse demons, do I want to grind them up first so they learn all their skills so I can pass them on? Or does that generally not matter and they'll learn better skills later? Trying to figure out how much grinding is involved here.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

Giving SMT IV a try after I've had it installed for like two years. I'm maybe 6 hours in and not sure if I'm gonna stick with it or bounce off.

When I fuse demons, do I want to grind them up first so they learn all their skills so I can pass them on? Or does that generally not matter and they'll learn better skills later? Trying to figure out how much grinding is involved here.

There is absolutely no need to grind in SMT IV

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Andrast posted:

There is absolutely no need to grind in SMT IV

So like, if I want to make a dude with a centaur, I should just catch a level 1 centaur and Fuse him, instead of leveling him up to get bufo and then fusing him?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The main reason to take a demon to the point where they earn all their skills is because that triggers demon whispering where you get to use their powers. I reached that point naturally without having to grind.

The start of the game is way different than the rest though, you may need to fuse folks earlier to get past tough parts.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Tender Bender posted:

So like, if I want to make a dude with a centaur, I should just catch a level 1 centaur and Fuse him, instead of leveling him up to get bufo and then fusing him?

Yes, none of that will matter 20 hours in.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Cool, thanks! Gonna keep giving this a try... I can see glimmers of something very cool and addictive, but it's not quite landing for me yet.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/Kirby25thJP/status/883158663724007424

Each one of them are thinking about someone close to them that they lost.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Does Ever Oasis have any post game stuff?

Yes, more residents to recruit and more of the randomly generated labyrinths, if that's your thing.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/Kirby25thJP/status/883158663724007424

Each one of them are thinking about someone close to them that they lost.

Kirby never got over the great Squeak Squad tragedy. :allears:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I still can't believe that outside of Metroid, Kirby is the one Nintendo franchise that has anything resembling tight continuity.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
What's a reasonably decent racing game that isn't Mario Kart?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Croccers posted:

There's a 3DS version of Sonic All-Stars Racing: Transformed, I think?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's probably not what you're looking for at all but try the demo of the horse racing solitaire game (Pocket Card Jockey) because it is extremely good

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Croccers posted:

Ridge Racer 3DS is totally adequate and can be found used for $3 to $5.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's a 3DS version of Sonic All-Stars Racing: Transformed, I think?
Ugh, the AI in the PC version was insufferable enough.

Help Im Alive posted:

It's probably not what you're looking for at all but try the demo of the horse racing solitaire game (Pocket Card Jockey) because it is extremely good
Already have it.

Spoderman posted:

Ridge Racer 3DS is totally adequate and can be found used for $3 to $5.
Sounds like a plan!

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Croccers posted:

If you somehow don't have 3D Out Run, that one's a big recommendation for short bursts of fun arcade racing.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zat posted:

If you somehow don't have 3D Out Run, that one's a big recommendation for short bursts of fun arcade racing.

Seconding this. Get Outrun and then all the other Sega 3D Classics.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Aussies, EB Games has Codename STEAM and New Art Academy for $4 each:

https://ebgames.com.au/3ds-157955-Code-Name-STEAM-Nintendo-3DS

https://ebgames.com.au/3ds-158363-New-Art-Academy-Nintendo-3DS

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

Cool, thanks! Gonna keep giving this a try... I can see glimmers of something very cool and addictive, but it's not quite landing for me yet.

SMT IV is real good ya'll

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Tender Bender posted:

Once you get into it and get the hang of recruitment and fusing, it's a ton of fun.

Last night I was playing Picross 3D 2, I was feeling in the zone so I went back to try some puzzles which I'd previously been stuck on despite numerous attempts. They were 2 from the first "Ambitious Builds" book - the Royal Parade one. I got them both, no Strikes and with Great times. :getin:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Once you get into it and get the hang of recruitment and fusing, it's a ton of fun.

The antagonists seem to be using populist rhetoric to turn the working class into demons so I'm 100% onboard.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

what's the difference between IV and IV apocalypse?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

queeb posted:

what's the difference between IV and IV apocalypse?
Apocalypse is kind of an improved side-story, it's largely the same but with some QOL improvements to the gameplay. Story-wise, it takes place during SMT IV's story.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Tender Bender posted:

I liked it, but then I got lost and now it's been so long that I don't remember where to go. :(

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I thought IV Apocalypse took place directly after the first's neutral ending.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

I thought IV Apocalypse took place directly after the first's neutral ending.

It takes place after the route split, following the neutral path, but goes off in a different direction

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

This week the 3DS eShop is getting Cursed Castilla, which is a 5 year old Steam game. :effort: It's been getting released on console platforms within the past year (first X-Box One, then PS4). It's kind of a Ghosts 'n' Goblins clone.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It only came out on Steam last year, until then it was a free game on the guy's website that was so good that people kept telling him to put it on Steam so he could make some money on it.

Give the man his tip, it's worth it.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Oh, my bad. I saw the release date was December 2012 and assumed that's when it went on Steam (guess I should have checked on Steam itself).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Apocalypse is an alternate universe from IV in which the main character fucks up the original game's resolution and has to find a different one.