Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Is there a "fresh 70, no gear" necro build? I looked on Diablo Fans and the first five pages have nothing matching 70 other than "GR70" type titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
YES!
Devouring Aura, Command Skeletons, Bone Spikes ~ Impact, Skeleton Mages ~Singularity, Frailty and I used bloodrush metabolism, I was aceing T1 with no gear.

Use skeletons and bone spikes to stun folks, dump all essence into singularity mages and they will melt elites.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jul 9, 2017

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Icy-veins should have one and verbiage on how to prioritize and asses upgrades.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Bust Rodd posted:

YES!
Devouring Aura, Command Skeletons, Bone Spikes ~ Impact, Skeleton Mages ~Singularity, Frailty and I used bloodrush metabolism, I was aceing T1 with no gear.

Use skeletons and bone spikes to stun folks, dump all essence into singularity mages and they will melt elites.

Thanks. I wish more people would publish builds for poors. Having max gear is great and all, but I need a build to get that gear.

xarg
Sep 17, 2008

IF A MAN DRINK LIKE THAT AND HE DONT EAT HE IS GOING TO DIE
I just basically threw something together from the builds I'd seen online, then once you start getting set bonuses for a set build around that and follow one of the high level builds.

I'm having loads of fun currently playing Trag'Ouls with pets and clearing GR67 while still being a few items short of finished.

It has a bit of a ramp up but I've found it by far the most fun and satisfying necromancer style build to play.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
What's Hagrid's gift going to be for necros this season?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Bones of Rathma.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I hadn't played this game in a loooong time. Necro was kinda eh but I decided to give the other classes a run as I had heard they made some good changes. Having a ton of fun on a WD, got some Helltooth running and having a blast, and decided to try to level up a gem of ease for another character. Slapped it in an Ancient weapon that has a chance to restore 20% of primary resource on kill and gave it to my old level 19 Wizard.

She was level 46 in about 30 seconds, it was pretty hilarious. The EXP bonus is just nuts, so I spent 10 minutes running around holding down disintegrate and spinning in a circle and now she's level 60. Pretty fun - but I'm kinda looking forward to the season to actually play the game.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

What the gently caress am I looking at here?

Also, I've been having a hard time with the community LLJK chat, not sure what the gently caress is up. Over the last few days I've seen some poo poo saying clan stuff is disabled, then it randomly enabling ten minutes later. Now I'm not seeing dick in terms of conversation on the LLJK chat panel.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Pastry Mistakes posted:

What the gently caress am I looking at here?
Primal Pox Faulds drop, which is not an item most people (if anybody) ever use.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Primal Ancient Fart Pants

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
They're pretty common LoN pants because few builds have a real option.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

George posted:

They're pretty common LoN pants because few builds have a real option.

You're thinking of depth diggers. Every LoN build uses either depth diggers or Swampland

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

DD are useless if your build doesn't use primaries.

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
Crappy primal plus 25 gem of ease equals nice leveling gear, though.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBhNoM4wumE

looks pretty rad

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I never warmed up to skele mages, but I got 70 and found some decent gear which summons 2 at once. Combined with the life support rune and the + time passive, they last for a respectable duration. Those guys dish out some pain when you have 10 out. I jumped from T1 to T4 no problem.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I just realized I can play from work with my phone. This improved my quality of life immensely.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

exquisite tea posted:

DD are useless if your build doesn't use primaries.

Yes, very good, that's what it says on the item itself. Anyways, no LoN build calls for pox faulds

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

People have finally seen the light I see. Trag'Ouls was always the superior set and Inarius sucks Azmodan's testes. :drac:

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
My friend has never played any diablo game ever. We're going to run a character through normal before taking it to the Real Game mode: HC. He has the RoS expansion, I quit playing before the necro update. Should we both get that or see if he likes the game (he probably will) before getting it?

Sorc for the first diablo character someone plays?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Guilty posted:

Yes, very good, that's what it says on the item itself. Anyways, no LoN build calls for pox faulds

Ancient Pox Faulds as bad as they are would be better for any single LoN build that does not use a primary.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

My friend has never played any diablo game ever. We're going to run a character through normal before taking it to the Real Game mode: HC. He has the RoS expansion, I quit playing before the necro update. Should we both get that or see if he likes the game (he probably will) before getting it?

Aww man, don't subject a fresh player to hardcore. He'll end up hating the game.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
And would one shot anything during leveling making them as someone said an IDEAL pwr leveling item.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jul 9, 2017

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Watching someone who has never played these games at all before play for the first time it's amazing

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

For fifteen bucks, Necro doesn't add a lot for casual players, other than the two extra stash tabs. There's no new mechanics or anything.

But it is pretty fun for casual players also. I'd say start without it and wait and see how much you like the game.

exquisite tea posted:

Ancient Pox Faulds as bad as they are would be better for any single LoN build that does not use a primary.

Not true at all. If you're not using DD, you want Swampland Waders.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Guilty posted:

For fifteen bucks, Necro doesn't add a lot for casual players, other than the two extra stash tabs. There's no new mechanics or anything.

But it is pretty fun for casual players also. I'd say start without it and wait and see how much you like the game.

Not true at all. If you're not using DD, you want Swampland Waders.

The original post was in response to "what can I do with these primal ancient pox faulds" on a Crusader that almost certainly doesn't have ancient Swampland Waders.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

The original post was in response to "what can I do with these primal ancient pox faulds" on a Crusader that almost certainly doesn't have ancient Swampland Waders.

Get a pair of Swampland Waders???? Team up with a witch doctor, have him loot you a pair, and then reroll it for your LoN build that doesn't even need it because Bombardment uses Yan pants??? Roll a witch doctor alt, and just loot it and transfer it through your stash?

It's not hard to get.

Pox Faulds are completely useless unless maybe you're power leveling a fresh 1-70

Vvvvvvv: nice. Keep fighting for those pox faulds. Maybe some day you'll be right

Guilty fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 9, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

You're kind of dumb, Guilty.

naughty_penguin
Oct 9, 2005
Fun Shoe
I just picked things back up for the first time since RoS, and I guess I'm running into the same problem I always do with this game - the odds of getting the loot I want just seem so ridiculous. Am I missing something? I've basically been running tl3 rifts/greater rifts and gambling or cubing, and I feel like I've hit a wall with the gear I have, so I need to upgrade, but I'm just not getting anything good.

So how do you guys get these sets so quickly? I feel like necro has only been out for a few weeks but everybody already has all the sets and all the stuff.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

naughty_penguin posted:

So how do you guys get these sets so quickly? I feel like necro has only been out for a few weeks but everybody already has all the sets and all the stuff.

Play with friends, or zip through public games for quick loot vacuums. Figure out what specific items you want, grab a bunch of yellows that fit the bill, then use upgrade rare in Kanai's Cube til ya get it. Also, if you're trying to fill out a set, hang on to doubles of every set item you come across and then use convert set item in the cube to make it into something useful.

Baba Yaga Fanboy fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jul 9, 2017

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Also most of us have between 1-50 Puzzle Rings in our non-season stash and just went ham. I probably ran near 40 vaults in the two days after Necro dropped, and by then I had the resources to kit myself out.

Also a lot of us have like 800+ paragon so it makes it so we can force ourselves through harder content earlier.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I really loving wish Dayntee's Binding worked for curses other than Decrepify.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
That's very likely going to be one of the changes in the patch a week and a half from now.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

PathAsc posted:

I just realized I can play from work with my phone. This improved my quality of life immensely.

Most if not all mmos and online rpgs can play over phone data

It owns

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Primal Fox Paulds are great, they're worth 15 shards.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Guilty posted:

Get a pair of Swampland Waders???? Team up with a witch doctor, have him loot you a pair, and then reroll it for your LoN build that doesn't even need it because Bombardment uses Yan pants??? Roll a witch doctor alt, and just loot it and transfer it through your stash?

It's not hard to get.

Pox Faulds are completely useless unless maybe you're power leveling a fresh 1-70

Vvvvvvv: nice. Keep fighting for those pox faulds. Maybe some day you'll be right

Lol nobody ever suggested they were part of a build or a super endgame item. Yeah if you're rolling a generator you want DD, and Hexing Pants are going to be great for some builds. If you want to use SLW you'd better hope you use the right elements or they'll always have the wrong stats, and even then they're onerous as gently caress to get.

I'm really not sure why you're upset at us for calling those pants usable for LoN builds.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

:suicide:

Gonna hang on to it for now because I have more souls than I know what to do with anyway, and for all anyone knows the changes in the upcoming patch will totally make this a BiS item!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Actually my Roland Sweep farm build is so OP on TXIII I can cube RoRG and throw on my fart pants and drop deuces the whole neph rift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003

George posted:

Lol nobody ever suggested they were part of a build or a super endgame item. Yeah if you're rolling a generator you want DD, and Hexing Pants are going to be great for some builds. If you want to use SLW you'd better hope you use the right elements or they'll always have the wrong stats, and even then they're onerous as gently caress to get.

I'm really not sure why you're upset at us for calling those pants usable for LoN builds.

Just trying to correct bad advice. Sorry, I'll let you continue with your garbage builds