Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I got in early on DTV Now and I have the Go Big package for $35. It owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Bert is now a dad at age 47 :psyduck:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

He looks like he's in his late fifties

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

vyst posted:

I got in early on DTV Now and I have the Go Big package for $35. It owns

Same :hfive:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/SBNationCFB/status/883864632989024256

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

You tell 'em, Coach :3:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

I thought this was going to be some "kids these days are too sensitive :smug:" thing.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Pakled posted:

I thought this was going to be some "kids these days are too sensitive :smug:" thing.
Two players face off in a circle of their teammates, an anime virgin yells "SNOWFLAKE NEEDS A SAFE SPACE" and whoever doesn't murder him is the winner.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Crotch Bat posted:

Bert is now a dad at age 47 :psyduck:

I know it's bad to wish these things on people but I read this as Bert is now dead at 47 at first and now I'm kind of disappointed.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I can't believe it's less than 2 months to kickoff. I'm almost at peak antsiness

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

buddhanc posted:

I can't believe it's less than 2 months to kickoff. I'm almost at peak antsiness

In exactly two months I'll be at the Ohio State - Oklahoma game. In the nosebleed seats, but still technically there.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
FSU should be competitive with Alabama at least. :yaycloud:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Part of me wants to see UGA beat Notre Dame 17 to 10 again, just for the nostalgia factor

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

All of me wants to see App State beat UGA.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Don't you put that into the universe

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Hell, same

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Kirby Smart never gained control of UGA Football

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
http://www.goiowaawesome.com/iowa-hawkeyes-football/2017/07/1522/rest-in-peace-bob-elliott

Nice article about Bob Elliot, the son of former crappy Michigan coach/amazing Iowa athletic director Bump Elliot, and a long time excellent assistant coach in the Fry/Snyder coaching tree. He just passed away after almost two decades of battling cancer. He had recently accepted a job coaching safeties at Nebraska under his former player Bob Diaco.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Randaconda posted:

FSU should be competitive with Alabama at least. :yaycloud:

as if bama will lose two straight games lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The gently caress? We're opening with Maryland and San Jose State? Weird. No Rice again this year :(

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

PostNouveau posted:

The gently caress? We're opening with Maryland and San Jose State? Weird. No Rice again this year :(

Also no A&M. Because the world is a lovely place with terrible people living in it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
So my friends and I have been working for a while on a podcast about Big Ten football. After dealing with some technical issues and a rough editing process we finally got episode 1 out! We're going through each program and talking a bit about their history, our predictions for this season and our general opinions on them, starting with Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State. I'm the first voice you hear.
https://soundcloud.com/bigdumbten

Any constructive criticism is gladly appreciated (besides "you guys talk over each other too much." We're well aware of it). I'll definitely be scouring TFF for content this season.

We also have a Twitter:
https://twitter.com/BigDumbTen

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jul 10, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Henchman of Santa posted:

So my friends and I have been working for a while on a podcast about Big Ten football. After dealing with some technical issues and a rough editing process we finally got episode 1 out! We're going through each program and talking a bit about their history, our predictions for this season and our general opinions on them, starting with Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State. I'm the first voice you hear.
https://soundcloud.com/bigdumbten

Any constructive criticism is gladly appreciated (besides "you guys talk over each other too much." We're well aware of it). I'll definitely be scouring TFF for content this season.

I would like to reserve the right to yell and you and call you dumb whenever you get to Iowa

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MourningView posted:

http://www.goiowaawesome.com/iowa-hawkeyes-football/2017/07/1522/rest-in-peace-bob-elliott

Nice article about Bob Elliot, the son of former crappy Michigan coach/amazing Iowa athletic director Bump Elliot, and a long time excellent assistant coach in the Fry/Snyder coaching tree. He just passed away after almost two decades of battling cancer. He had recently accepted a job coaching safeties at Nebraska under his former player Bob Diaco.

That's a fantastic read. I remember hearing Nebraska moved him to an analyst position a couple weeks ago and figured it was his health. A couple of our local reporters saw him in the Notre Dame offices when they ran stories on Deshone Kiser and said it was kinda nuts to hear he'd just be around the offices and sitting in meetings all hooked up to his dialysis like it was the most natural thing. That guy was tough as hell.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

I would like to reserve the right to yell and you and call you dumb whenever you get to Iowa

We recorded that part yesterday, actually. I didn't lead that discussion but I did start calling the state terrible during it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Henchman of Santa posted:

We recorded that part yesterday, actually. I didn't lead that discussion but I did start calling the state terrible during it.

I reserve the right to yell at MV and call him dumb if he complains about you calling the state of Iowa terrible.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It's not great right now, I left and broke it, whoops

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Here's a compilation of SEC media guides for 2017.

Missouri 2017: "gently caress it."

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Both Mizzou and Auburn put in the most minimum of effort.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

D.N. Nation posted:

We're a basketball school now. At least until basketball season actually starts.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

vandy embracing being the nerd school is so great

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Kentucky posted:

This is Kentucky. This is our HOME. We're here to make the commonwealth PROUD. HARD WORK is the only way we know."

Seems a bit lengthy guys

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

They use small sentences so the Kentucky community can read it

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

D.N. Nation posted:

For having a good stratcom department, that is really bad. Most of our other sports graphic design things are really good.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

vyst posted:

They use small sentences so the Kentucky community can read it

That font treatment looks like a PSA against child abuse.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I really like the Vols one. Whoever does their graphic/social media etc are really good.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Went to visit friends up in Madison last week and got to check out Camp Randall Stadium. Nice place, looks a lot more compact than something that is twice the size of TDECU Stadium which I guess is a good thing during some late seasons games there.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Korranus posted:

Went to visit friends up in Madison last week and got to check out Camp Randall Stadium. Nice place, looks a lot more compact than something that is twice the size of TDECU Stadium which I guess is a good thing during some late seasons games there.

Yeah, it's a good stadium. Haven't been there in a while (read: a few years), it's a bit... dunno, old fashioned? At least compared to the other two major outdoor stadiums in Wisconsin (Lambeau and Miller). Not bad mind you, just older.

e: Camp Randall is especially old compared to the Kohl Center, which honestly you could use for NBA or NHL if you really, really wanted to. It's a drat good arena.

iospace fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 10, 2017

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

I really like the Vols one. Whoever does their graphic/social media etc are really good.

"Use the angles of the state of Tennessee's shape when forming letters/words" sounds like it'd get real old real quick, but kudos to them that they make it look neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah Camp Randall is in great shape for as old as it is

• Locked thread