Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
the guy moving to ukraine is now the coolest person itt sry to the rest of you chumps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Ferremit posted:

Is the red reservoir on the intake manifold the the coolant overflow tank or something else?

Well some would say SSS is rignt but it's actually my emergency tea holder.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

rdb posted:

Wow, I live in the middle of nowhere Indiana, and I just had someone come to my door and ask if I knew where stuff was buried on the property and where I want the fiber run. loving sweet. Love my rural telephone co-op all the sudden.

Meanwhile, Cox is implementing overage charges on the order of 2000% in metro Phoenix. :argh:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

fridge corn posted:

the guy moving to ukraine is now the coolest person itt sry to the rest of you chumps

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

IOwnCalculus posted:

Meanwhile, Cox is implementing overage charges on the order of 2000% in metro Phoenix. :argh:

That pisses me off SO MUCH

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

That pisses me off SO MUCH

"But you can go to CenturyLi-hahaahaha"

I've seriously contemplated figuring out how much it would cost to get a pair of dark fiber from home to work. Probably $toodamnmuch.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

rdb posted:

Wow, I live in the middle of nowhere Indiana, and I just had someone come to my door and ask if I knew where stuff was buried on the property and where I want the fiber run. loving sweet. Love my rural telephone co-op all the sudden.

Yup, same here, very rural SC with a telco co-op. No fiber on my road yet yet but it's coming. They've already rolled it through all the more populated areas and subdivisions, and I've been seeing the crews father out.

No complaints about my service either. I had cable tv via their TVIP service and was happy with it until the price kept creeping up. I pay for 15/1 and I just tested it at 14.6/.7/ 9ms ping while my daughter watched YouTube on the tablet at the same time.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

fridge corn posted:

it's gonna be putin's russia soon enough

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Ether Frenzy posted:

I hope the first thing you do is define 'makerspace' because that sounds like the Bay Area equivalent of 'a machine shop' to me. :v:

I know that this is probably just a joke, but in case you are serious: a maker space usually has tools for all sorts of things, not just metal. Metal, wood, auto, electronics. They usually work like a gym membership where you pay a monthly fee for access to the space, and you can use whatever tools you need to work on your own projects. There is a lot of tool overlap with a commercial machine shop, but the way it's run is pretty different.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

IOwnCalculus posted:

"But you can go to CenturyLi-hahaahaha"

I've seriously contemplated figuring out how much it would cost to get a pair of dark fiber from home to work. Probably $toodamnmuch.

As someone that was trapped by Cunterylink (that was an honest typo but I'm leaving it because it is perfect) for the last 5 years because they were the only goddamn internet provider in my area; Centurylink can get hosed to death by a rabid bear, also the bear is on fire.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Raluek posted:

I know that this is probably just a joke, but in case you are serious: a maker space usually has tools for all sorts of things, not just metal. Metal, wood, auto, electronics. They usually work like a gym membership where you pay a monthly fee for access to the space, and you can use whatever tools you need to work on your own projects. There is a lot of tool overlap with a commercial machine shop, but the way it's run is pretty different.

Yeah, it was a joke, but it's definitely a newish concept that's unfamiliar to some because they don't live in cities/are old/whatever. Thanks for your answer though, it's considerably more concise than the half-assed one I gave my mom when she asked me a month or two ago. Someone's building one in my home town in one of the newly renovated riverside warehouses and she was curious what it was all about.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

IOwnCalculus posted:

At least they set the bandwidth limit to a point that very few people will hit. At least for now.

RE: Centurylink - My brother dumped Cox because they refused to give him any sort of decent rate for internet (I fight with them every 2 years but somehow manage to end up with a decent plan/price) and got Centurylink DSL. They brought two lines to his house to get him a 40mb connection.. for $30/mo. Unless you need high upload speeds, seems like a decent deal to me, and I'll consider seeing what they can deliver the next time my Cox pricing runs out and they try to double up my bill.

The Locator fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jul 9, 2017

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The Locator posted:

At least they set the bandwidth limit to a point that very few people will hit. At least for now.

While this may be true, 1TB on a 300/30 connection is really easy to burn through. Stream some movies, install some games from Steam / XBox Live marketplace, send backups of all of that to Crashplan...

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
My new apartment has ATT gigafiber 1000 down for $80 a month. I’ll take it. Hope it’s half as fast as it says.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We got the rest of our engagement photos back. They're pretty gross.

http://i.imgur.com/KGJymLc.jpg

ewwwwwwww.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
JFC

edit: House chat

Who wants to loan me $1.25 million?

It has a lift!

edit2:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1133-8th-Ave-Sacramento-CA-95818/25795594_zpid/

They do a pretty good of hiding that your neighbors across the street are a kind crappy apartment complex and a gas station, but it is in one of two nicest neighborhoods in the city. The end of the photos show what you can do with an 8 car garage.

nm fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 9, 2017

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
And a urinal

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

nm posted:

JFC

edit: House chat

Who wants to loan me $1.25 million?

It has a lift!

Oh cool. My brother lives on 10th ave. East of 99.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I burned a vacation day to go to a car show happening on the main drag in the party area of tampa tomorrow with a friend. Its forcasted to rain tomorrow almost exactly from the time the show opens till it closes, and if it doesn't we're looking at 6 hours of car show in 100°F 70-80% humidity weather. gently caress that poo poo, I'm staying home with the a/c.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Wish us luck. I have to replace a failed node in our storage cluster at 8AM, drive 3 hours to Seattle, pickup 1 car. Drive 1.5h to Olympia, drop off car. Drive BACK to Seattle, pickup 2nd car. Drive home. And the A/C compressor is howling in the truck. I've got a spare non A/C belt and tensioner with me. Let's see if I can get home by 10pm.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Rhyno posted:

ewwwwwwww.

Look at that fuckin nerd :3:

I gotta say, you're a lot less goony than I was expecting.

And, once again, grats!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Raluek posted:

Look at that fuckin nerd :3:

I gotta say, you're a lot less goony than I was expecting.

And, once again, grats!

I did recently lose 35 pounds. So that helps.

Also thanks! My best buddy came to visit this weekend and I officially asked him to be my final groomsmen and everything is good to go now!

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Seminal Flu posted:

Am I missing the operative part of your question?
It was more of a rant which is why I posted in the chat thread. I knew I hosed up by getting degreaser on the rubber mount, which caused it to swell and stuff everything up. I was also pissed off because I wasted 3.5hrs and ended up with a bodge.
Today I did the left side with no problems and in under 2hrs inc replacing all the control arms and ball joints on that side. Strut was easy because I rigged up a stand with a milkcrate and bricks. It's the kind of job where you do it once and it's like you've done it a thousand times, but the first time is lots of drama.

I'll replace the rubbers later as next I've got to build some type of ramp with scrap 4"x1" planks so I can get some room under to tighten everything to torque with full body weight on the car.
E: Then I've got to do the rear subframe and links and also a wheel bearing which I'm not looking forward to.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jul 9, 2017

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Your loving avatar distracts me every time I see you post, I have to watch it through at least a loop or two.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I didn't even notice it was a GIF until you mentioned that.

:argh:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I do, too. It's okay. Let yourself be pulled in.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

fridge corn posted:

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

beep-beep car is go posted:

gently caress YES ITS CHERRY PICKIN SEASON

5lbs of sweet, 5lbs of sour.

This, also get some goddamn peaches y'all (paraguayos/flat peaches is a pro buy).

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Some realtor's assistant is getting loving fired.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/7022-Laver-Ln_Westerville_OH_43082_M48109-37228

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Looks like he's about due for a new driver's license anyway.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Thank christ there weren't any nudes.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

I hate plumbing.

This is under my kitchen sink:

I want to add an additional appliance drain for a dishwasher. Imagine my joy when I found the perfect bit of piping to add in:

All I have to do is replace that 'J' piping with the new one and I have my additional drain connector.

Except...When I connect the horizontal connector, the vertical pipe is exactly 0.5" too long and won't fit under the existing vertical. 0.5" feckin' inches.

I can't trim it down (flanged ends), so I am going to have to saw through the vertical waste pipe behind all that, hope that I get the cut straight and that I don't lose too much, then make up a whole new right angle piece to connect the existing waste with the new J piece.

At least the solvent will make the experience a trippy one.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Ka sold, paid for and gone. :byewhore:

Awww, lookit the doggie :3:

spog posted:

Thank christ there weren't any nudes.
Did you try the "request private showing" button?

spog posted:

I hate plumbing.

This is under my kitchen sink:

I want to add an additional appliance drain for a dishwasher.
Tee off the existing one?

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 9, 2017

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

fridge corn posted:

That weird time of the month when fridge corn is right. CSB this all sound really fascinating! I look forward to hearing more about your adventures.

Rhyno posted:

This is adorable. You guys look great!

spog
Aug 7, 2004

InitialDave posted:

Ka sold, paid for and gone. :byewhore:
To the fuckwit from Portsmouth or someone else?

InitialDave posted:

Tee off the existing one?

I don't really want to do that: it seems a horrible bodge and I can't help but think it will end up with my greasy dishwasher draining into my freshly laundered shirts.

...and i am already feeling guilty about splitting the water inlet using one of these:

rather than converting the existing single outlet into a double one with a T-piece and multiple valves. My conscience will only let me bodge so far...

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
They fixed it, whatever it was. You have a print screen button.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Goddangit why do I miss everything

What happened in the realtor link

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Pictures of someones drivers license, adp pay stub, passport, personal photos, pretty much nothing to do with the house.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

rdb posted:

Pictures of someones drivers license, adp pay stub, passport, personal photos, pretty much nothing to do with the house.

And grandma dying in the hospital.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

nm posted:

nm posted:

Yup, and I'd be banned for posting it directly. It's changed now, show's over. But drat, I've never seen a fuckup that bad published publicly.

• Locked thread