Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Sekenr posted:

I don't know what you mean by going back. When you complete a mission your "old" mission will pop back where you left off. I've been to orochi camp yesterday with no problems and there was also about 5 people screwing around there as well.

Unrelated question: how do you remove glyph from a weapon? Or can I just put in another glyph and it will overwrite the old one?

Usually when I've paused a quest before I have to go back to where I got it to unpause it. I figured going back to the laptop in the camp would've worked but apparently not.

And with the glyphs, I had an option to remove at the cost of some marks when I popped one in some gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siddhartha Glutamate
Oct 3, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
So here is a dumb question. do items (such as weapons) become character bound when you fuse them together? I've been leveling up Rifles, Swords, and stuff I cannot use figuring I would sell them on the AH when they hit blue but I just noticed that they are all character bound. Which, uh, makes me think they've always been character bound and I wasted a lot of time and ingame money...

I am bad at video games.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

Siddhartha Glutamate posted:

So here is a dumb question. do items (such as weapons) become character bound when you fuse them together? I've been leveling up Rifles, Swords, and stuff I cannot use figuring I would sell them on the AH when they hit blue but I just noticed that they are all character bound. Which, uh, makes me think they've always been character bound and I wasted a lot of time and ingame money...

I am bad at video games.

Empowering or equipping an item makes it character bound.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Let me just mention here that the end game story dungeons are bugged to poo poo. Facility for example has a bug that the second to last boss puts a dot on you that lasts until you die. Same goes for the last boss but for the entire party. Our healer tried to keep us up but everybody constantly taking a hundred damage every second for no drat reason got us eventually. For gently caress's sake did anybody actually play test anything? I've been getting bugs in this I've never seen in my years of playing classic.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Morglon posted:

Let me just mention here that the end game story dungeons are bugged to poo poo. Facility for example has a bug that the second to last boss puts a dot on you that lasts until you die. Same goes for the last boss but for the entire party. Our healer tried to keep us up but everybody constantly taking a hundred damage every second for no drat reason got us eventually. For gently caress's sake did anybody actually play test anything? I've been getting bugs in this I've never seen in my years of playing classic.

Welp. Kind of glad I'm not at your progression yet - only just killed the unbound.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Have you progression-minded folks done all the quests in all the zones, or did you just zoom to the top of the level charts? (I'm just starting Blue Mountain, and I'm level 30; can't tell if that's high or not.)

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
No i filled out all the quests before moving on. And it's not that hard to get to 50 and be confined to the last three dungeons, I hit 50 mid Egypt. And my point still stands, I encountered pretty much no bugs in classic and I've run into a hand full here. It's pretty baffling is all.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Whoa, the voice of Sarge (military guy you meet at the start of Blue Mountain) is M1-4X from SWTOR. :neckbeard:

Siddhartha Glutamate
Oct 3, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Meallan posted:

Empowering or equipping an item makes it character bound.

*sigh* Thanks... I guess I can spend some coin which I've yet to do and buy some stuff from the AH to dump into my shotgun and stuff.

prefect posted:

Whoa, the voice of Sarge (military guy you meet at the start of Blue Mountain) is M1-4X from SWTOR. :neckbeard:

Tim Russ, of Star Trek Voyager fame, is one of the voice actors in Kingsmouth (not to mention Jeffrey Combs in Innsmouth, though I assume everyone recognized his voice.)

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
"No running in the halls, please! They are very slick with gore..."

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Was it ever determined if the +HP and stuff bubbles in passive are active regardless of weapon equipped? They appear to be, but I'm worried I'm missing something. If that's the case would there really be any downside to grabbing the cheap ones for each weapon type?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I had never played far in tsw (stopped at savage coast) so I'm 100%ing all the zones as I go. That includes doing every investigation mission without a guide. Some of these are loving ridiculous.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

Richard M Nixon posted:

I had never played far in tsw (stopped at savage coast) so I'm 100%ing all the zones as I go. That includes doing every investigation mission without a guide. Some of these are loving ridiculous.

Yeah. Investigation missions are often the most praised parts of TSW but they can be pretty uneven. When they are well done though, it's honestly really incredible. I'm not far on my replay so I can't give too many specifics but some that come to mind are the ones that the priest in kingsmouth gives you.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Meallan posted:

Yeah. Investigation missions are often the most praised parts of TSW but they can be pretty uneven. When they are well done though, it's honestly really incredible. I'm not far on my replay so I can't give too many specifics but some that come to mind are the ones that the priest in kingsmouth gives you.

I did the orochi investigation mission in BM yesterday (win-win) and while it didn't have me running all around and tracking down clues out of the game, doing nothing but solving "what comes next" math problems was loving annoying. Some of them took a stupid amount of time to come up with, like taking cube roots of things.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I will never forget the text adventure investigation mission that refused to take obvious descriptors and syntaxes

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Richard M Nixon posted:

I did the orochi investigation mission in BM yesterday (win-win) and while it didn't have me running all around and tracking down clues out of the game, doing nothing but solving "what comes next" math problems was loving annoying. Some of them took a stupid amount of time to come up with, like taking cube roots of things.
Starting with the second console in Win-Win you can choose the "command line" option and follow the prompts to hack your way through and skip the puzzles.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Pilchenstein posted:

Starting with the second console in Win-Win you can choose the "command line" option and follow the prompts to hack your way through and skip the puzzles.

gently caress I only was able to do that on the last tier where it was just pressing 1 over and over until I got the notes.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

I honestly think their customer service people at illiterate. I mention having ONLY the killer chipmunk costume's mask and they somehow think that was the part I was missing.

The wardrobe stuff is never getting fixed, is it?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

xanthan posted:

I honestly think their customer service people at illiterate. I mention having ONLY the killer chipmunk costume's mask and they somehow think that was the part I was missing.

The wardrobe stuff is never getting fixed, is it?

There's definitely some wonky poo poo going on. Case in point, My sub's up around February and this morning I get multiple emails saying my payment didn't go through. I check everything and sub's still due February and I'm not showing any failed charges on my card, I'm still a Member/Patron so who knows what's going on.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I'm still missing my red-white Cat Ears.

The issue is that the items are still connected to you. Customer service can't do anything.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Pilchenstein posted:

I only did a cursory attempt at the hacking before figuring it was a red herring, bummer.

Win-win and short circuiting the amusement park are the only investigations I straight up cheated through (doesn't take an investigation to tell which subjects I hated in high school.) compsci was fun though, I may redo win-win at some point.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I've made it to the Savage Coast and the League of Monster Slayers is amazing.

I'm worried I don't understand gear: what I think is that each kind of gear has a both general stats (like damage) that increase with weapon level (gained by feeding trash weapons into them) and a passive ability, and that what distinguishes, say, different kinds of shotguns; these passive abilities are just set for each gun. In the case of armor the "passive ability" is what stats the armor boots.

So what I'm doing, is I grind up weapons and items I don't want to level my current gear, and then I switch items if I find a new piece gear that has a higher tier passive ability than my current gear.

Functionally this means soon after unlocking a gear slot I've looted a version with a passive ability set I like, and I grind up everything else until a higher tier version of that passive ability comes along.

I've done that for a bit under 20 levels so far, and I'm doing this wrong I'd rather find out now than later.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Jack B Nimble posted:

I'm worried I don't understand gear: what I think is that each kind of gear has a both general stats (like damage) that increase with weapon level (gained by feeding trash weapons into them) and a passive ability, and that what distinguishes, say, different kinds of shotguns; these passive abilities are just set for each gun. In the case of armor the "passive ability" is what stats the armor boots.

So what I'm doing, is I grind up weapons and items I don't want to level my current gear, and then I switch items if I find a new piece gear that has a higher tier passive ability than my current gear.

Functionally this means soon after unlocking a gear slot I've looted a version with a passive ability set I like, and I grind up everything else until a higher tier version of that passive ability comes along.

I've done that for a bit under 20 levels so far, and I'm doing this wrong I'd rather find out now than later.

If it makes you feel better I can almost guarantee that just like TSW you won't need to be a min/max sperg in SWL so long term it shouldn't matter.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Jack B Nimble posted:

Gear has two parts: inherent stats and affixes. Items always have phys/magic resistance and a 3rd stat (dmg, heal, or hp) which relate to the 3 parts of the class trinity and define the name of the weapon. Those stats scale based on the item lv (level and color) and will always go up.

Affixes are the things on weapons that give them some flavor, like +speed in combat, +incoming heals, whatever. Whatever numbers are in there are either fixed (don't change with item lv) or will scale based on your combat power.

The dots on an item will either change how much the stats grow (on talismans) or how powerful the affix is (for weapons).

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Man I hope they fix this bug. I did a doubletake.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

System Requ rements[sic posted:

]
Processor: 2.6 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD CPU
Memory: At least 2GB RAM for Windows XP / 3GB RAM for Windows Vista and Windows 7
Video Card: nVidia 8800 series 512 VRAM or better/Radeon HD3850 512MB or better
Hard Drive: At least 30GB of free space
DirectX 9.0c Compatible
Keyboard & Mouse
512 KBPS or faster Internet Connection

I can't wait to see their response when people start asking tech questions after the steam launch. I really hope it's better than "TSW does not support Win X" like it was before.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

Richard M Nixon posted:

Gear has two parts: inherent stats and affixes. Items always have phys/magic resistance and a 3rd stat (dmg, heal, or hp) which relate to the 3 parts of the class trinity and define the name of the weapon. Those stats scale based on the item lv (level and color) and will always go up.

Affixes are the things on weapons that give them some flavor, like +speed in combat, +incoming heals, whatever. Whatever numbers are in there are either fixed (don't change with item lv) or will scale based on your combat power.

The dots on an item will either change how much the stats grow (on talismans) or how powerful the affix is (for weapons).

There's a third part - the base item. There are variants on the normal items (e.g. Heavy pistols vs the normal dual pistols, or any of the special dungeon weapon / talisman variants) which usually give an extra minor thing (e.g. Extra damage of you hit something three times in a row). These variants have the normal stats and affixes as well.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
No, dungeon items are not special, they just have a signet built in which I guess is nice for now but signets will come down in price eventually and having a dungeon item instead of a free form may severely limit you in the long run unless it's something like my sword that gives extra chi on crit which will probably remain best in slot forever.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Morglon posted:

No, dungeon items are not special, they just have a signet built in which I guess is nice for now but signets will come down in price eventually and having a dungeon item instead of a free form may severely limit you in the long run unless it's something like my sword that gives extra chi on crit which will probably remain best in slot forever.

Dungeon items are always 1-dot too I think? At least all my drops are so far.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Morglon posted:

What kind of healer doesn't have a cleanse? Purges and Cleanses are super important. I did see that the Regeneration cleanse is not working but the ability is still the most powerful elite skill in the game hands down. With Regeneration you can clear everything in the game without issue. Hell I soloed four of the region bosses and a handful of lair mobs because of it.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Morglon posted:

Dungeon items can't slot signets? Hmmmm

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Richard M Nixon posted:

Man I hope they fix this bug. I did a doubletake.

I had a few sub-1000 items mysteriously sell for 1,337 the other day, and I received the marks and everything.

I couldn't even begin to guess what's going on behind the scenes.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Morglon posted:

Capntastic posted:

We talked about this in guild chat today and it turns out that dungeon items DO also get a signet slot, so they are strictly better than normal items. Someone linked a purple and a yellow item that were both dungeon loot w/ signet slots.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
So it's just my sword then? loving hell. But still chi on crit is really good.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Space Skeleton posted:

Dungeon items are always 1-dot too I think? At least all my drops are so far.

Right after I posted this I finally got a 2-dot dungeon drop. So I guess it's just rare.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Capntastic posted:

That's incorrect. They can.

Dungeon talismen are strictly better.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Morglon posted:

So it's just my sword then? loving hell. But still chi on crit is really good.
Your sword should get a signet slot as well but they don't show up until an item is purple, as far as I'm aware.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
It is purple. No slot.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jul 10, 2017

Dralun
May 22, 2012

Richard M Nixon posted:

We talked about this in guild chat today and it turns out that dungeon items DO also get a signet slot, so they are strictly better than normal items. Someone linked a purple and a yellow item that were both dungeon loot w/ signet slots.

How big a difference in base stats is there between 2 pip dungeon and 3 pip regular? Enough to make a difference? I'm assuming dungeon stuff doesn't drop with 3 pips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I do not think weapons get signets at all, actually...

Has anyone seen a weapon with one?