Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Grapplejack posted:

Them not having kids is also kind of a problem because they don't have the "but what about my kids" thing when they decide to gently caress everything up for their own personal gain. No kids = no worries about what they leave for those that follow; it's not like they have a personal connection at that point.

Believe it or not some people care about others outside of their own genetic lineage. It's this crazy thing called "Compassion".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

Them not having kids is also kind of a problem because they don't have the "but what about my kids" thing when they decide to gently caress everything up for their own personal gain. No kids = no worries about what they leave for those that follow; it's not like they have a personal connection at that point.

I have no children and I still care about the people that will be left on Earth after I'm gone.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Grapplejack posted:

That has never stopped anyone, they know that THEIR kids will be fine, becuase they'll have a ton of money

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
for example, John McCain has 7 kids and I dunno how many grandkids

but don't worry he's ~extremely concerned~

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/existentialfish/status/884200584265510916

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

I know that Seth is just trying to connect strings on a electronic corkboard, but poo poo, that certainly is something interesting.

Anyone remember if Trump actually delivered that speech? I vaguely recall a couple of times where he promised to give a speech like this, but kept pushing them back

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
sunday funday

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/884222071454281728

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Theoretically Trump could declare them classified retroactively.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Watch trump throw everything at him now. He has his excuse now

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

Next up: Nothing Comey says can be trusted because he couldn't resist leaving classified information out of his private memos.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Didn't he say that 2 of them contained classified info when he spoke to congress?

Also, I looked it up, the anti Hillary speech he promised on June 9th, to be given on monday (the 13th), magically got turned into a speech on national security instead.

I'm starting to remember this incident because at the time, a bunch of articles came out on the 9th about he was getting serious and trying to ~~pivot~~ into being a serious politician, then he hosed it up by promising this crazy attack on Hillary a few hours later.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Roman Mars did a good pod cast on it.

There is paperwork and an official way to do it but that is just book keeping and in the past presidents have just written signatures on the back of letters requesting pardons or just said it out loud and other totally informal stuff and the law hasn't changed so a tweet would be perfectly valid and there is also no way to take back a pardon so trump could tweet "all criminals past/present and future are pardoned" and there would just be the legal end of the US forever with no constitutional way to fix it.

I'm pretty sure the President can't actually pardon people for crimes they haven't committed yet, or at least not for crimes they won't commit until after he leaves office.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
please dont quote/post/read seth abramson tweets, they are always bullshit.
also ouch re: comey

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Spiffster posted:

Watch trump throw everything at him now. He has his excuse now

Mueller getting fired on Monday.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

awesmoe posted:

I mean, he posting news articles from the day of the meeting, which establish Trump's activities and actions on that day. He is throwing poo poo at a wall, but there might be some useful corn kernels in there

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

I'm the VERY SERIOUS MEN who sat the pissbaby president down this afternoon and explained that no, we could NOT in fact form a joint cyber committee with Russia to protect the American elections from Russian cyber interference.

:negative:

Dear transdimensonal super beings running our reality simulation, I hope this message reaches you: The farce dial on the simulation seems to have gotten stuck. Please adjust. Excessive farce levels causing simulated reality to begin to break down.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

awesmoe posted:

I think we can afford him the basic level of trust that when he is pointing out how dates wor, that they still work that way even though he said it.

CmdrRiker posted:

Jesus Christ, people. They're not loving back peddling anything. They don't want to be creatively tied up in the ongoing poo poo show of Trump's presidency that is already over saturating the media. Try to read beyond a purposely triggering headline and imagine people as complex human beings.

These people tried to blame people who were against racism and sexism for Trump getting elected, instead of taking any blame themselves. I don't think we've seen any grounds for them being complex human beings.

I see the left is still saying that refusing to fight Nazis because they just don't trust the Dems on their pet issues is a virtue.

"Listen, Captain America, the US isn't offering us enough to make fighting Hydra seem worthwhile."

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Democratic vets are the best. Partially because it's a good stance to take, but mostly so they can go up to warhawks and go "Um have YOU been SHOT before? Didn't think so."

It is amazing to me that the incumbent is a unabashed Birther and yet still got 58% of the vote.

Too high or too low?

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jul 10, 2017

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

awesmoe posted:

He already said some of the material was classified in the public hearing.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

I would be a bit skeptical of this one for now. This story was written by John Solomon, formerly the editor-in-chief of the Washington Times and current (I believe) executive with Circa, and has previously defended Mike Flynn.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Yeah, Comey:

- Already said some of the memos contained classified information

- Didn’t give them all to his friend at Columbia

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
lol of course:
https://twitter.com/AP/status/884223916541173761

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Data Graham posted:

So thread, what's the best riposte to have in my back pocket to use against someone who thinks

means "Trump is a huge ally to gays, he's the best president ever for LGBTs as a matter of fact" ?

a picture of mike pence

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

Any half educated person who willingly has children given the coming climate crisis is either a moron, a selfish monster or both.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Data Graham posted:

So thread, what's the best riposte to have in my back pocket to use against someone who thinks

means "Trump is a huge ally to gays, he's the best president ever for LGBTs as a matter of fact" ?

DeVos saying they're going to basically allow discrimination against LGBT people (and also anyone who isn't white) in schools is a pretty good one. Though yeah, Mike Pence and his desire to zap the gay out of kids is probably the biggest.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Lote posted:

Mueller getting fired on Monday.

if trump starts thinking they have even more poo poo(then the stuff we know now) he will fire him and probaly lose a bunch of his staff as well.

KilroyWasHere
Oct 22, 2005

The byline on that is John Solomon, strangely enough. Has he written for The Hill before?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._Solomon

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Data Graham posted:

He's done so much ill to the LGBTQ community, but the only thing I could really think of is Katilynn Jenner's video of her running at the camera feeling betrayed and asking Trump to call her. I forget what the outrage was, but it was when Republican Jenner got her trans wake up call.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Young Freud posted:

He's done so much ill to the LGBTQ community, but the only thing I could really think of is Katilynn Jenner's video of her running at the camera feeling betrayed and asking Trump to call her. I forget what the outrage was, but it was when Republican Jenner got her trans wake up call.

Rescinded Obama-era protections for trans government workers or something like that

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

KilroyWasHere posted:

The byline on that is John Solomon, strangely enough. Has he written for The Hill before?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._Solomon

Doesn't look like it. The only other time I found him mentioned on The Hill was in an article about Circa.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Young Freud posted:

I mean, dude employed Roy Cohn, that pretty much sums it up, right?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I think people are reading this wrong. He's trying to say "this cyber thing doesn't mean I admit that election hacking happened (because it totally didn't and I won bigly fair and square), but it could keep bad things from happening in the future just like our ceasefire in Syria"

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/884228164746174464

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/884230920823328768

Yes, please immediately start in fighting and turning on eachother

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

gregday posted:

Yeah, Comey:

I'd hope he didn't take those memos out of the SCI-FI then

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Start?

It's been like this since inauguration :getin:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

JosefStalinator posted:

Start?

It's been like this since inauguration :getin:

Amp up or ignite or something

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Oh poo poo, a peace sign, the scandal!

Seriously, what happened to all these people that got all pissed off over shirts and mustard and suit colors, and...oh, right....conservative ding-a-lings won, so now this poo poo and worse is ok again

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

gregday posted:

Yeah, Comey:

Blatantly lying about things has never stopped them before....

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Grapplejack posted:

Just like how atheist have no moral barometer.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/884235112208109568

Honestly they could have used a less flattering photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/funder/status/884065103888482304

• Locked thread