Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
As commando, I used to think that up close I'm out of luck against big baddies, but for my playstyle at least, the LMG fixes that. With full armor, I'll even save a buddy by jumping inbetween and unloading into heads.

I love the Stoner, and it makes mowing down hallways a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
The Stoner is retardedly fun, I just wish it didn't cost so much and it wasn't so weak.

You kind of have to perk yourself a certain way to "maximize" Stoner use its but its fun regardless. We need more LMGs.

Support needs a backpack fed minigun.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Double XP til July 11th!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Foreskin Problems posted:

Double XP til July 11th!

I wish for people with maxed perks, they would make it Double Drops since we can't really do anything with XP anymore.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
There is also double drops!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Foreskin Problems posted:

There is also double drops!

Sweet!

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Maybe they should add an Overwatch-like system after you level a perk to max where you can get bonus drops every time you fill up an extra XP bar.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Skoll posted:

The Stoner is retardedly fun, I just wish it didn't cost so much and it wasn't so weak.

You kind of have to perk yourself a certain way to "maximize" Stoner use its but its fun regardless. We need more LMGs.

Support needs a backpack fed minigun.

They buffed the Stoner's damage and it's not anything to sneeze at anymore. You can kill a Fleshpound in a one-clip.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Theta Zero posted:

They buffed the Stoner's damage and it's not anything to sneeze at anymore. You can kill a Fleshpound in a one-clip.

Isn't that, like, 150 bullets?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
laughing at the idea that the FP will even let you hit it with all 75 rounds or whatever before raging and punching you into next year. The Stoner is a fun thing to try but don't bother with that thing on higher difficulties. AK/medrifle works wonders, though.

Mechanically, Commando is Headshot All Day. A weak per shot gun with so-so irons just isn't going to be the best use of that weight/dosh regardless of how big the mag is. Meanwhile every other perk gun worth talking about does more damage per shot (and significantly, have lower total shots-to-kill) as well as superior optics and a reload time not measured in months.

I don't want to discount fun, especially if you find the Stoner fun enough to invest time to get good in it. That's cool. Just be aware of what you're choosing.

Psion fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jul 8, 2017

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I feel like the upside of more consistent zedtime extensions with the Stoner outweighs the low damage per shot. With the SCAR and MedAR I'm always running out of ammo or mid reload at the worst time.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I haven't used the SCAR in forever because it honestly is not enough of a upgrade to justify taking it over the AK. About the only thing I wish is the AK had the SCAR's aimpoint on it but that's neither here nor there.

SCAR doesn't do enough damage to justify taking it over the AK, it doesn't hold as much ammo overall, and feeding it is more expensive. the AK's low ROF means you can single shot with it just as well as a SCAR and ohh buy so what if you have to use one extra bullet to kill zeds larger than a Siren?

the AK-12 also looks cooler.

FatalT
Sep 11, 2001

I'm BLUE da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee...

drrockso20 posted:

They haven't been added to PS4 yet since we haven't gotten the summer update there yet

Thank you for this. I've been playing the hell out of it on PS4 and ended up getting all the collectibles on the 15 maps for the trophies. Disappointed that you don't get anything for doing that though but eh.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

FatalT posted:

Thank you for this. I've been playing the hell out of it on PS4 and ended up getting all the collectibles on the 15 maps for the trophies. Disappointed that you don't get anything for doing that though but eh.

I've started making a habit out of doing this every single match out of boredom. I figure if I rack up trophies for other people online it'll be something they appreciate.

I mean, I play offline solo 99% of the time, but it's the thought that counts, right? :v:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
If nothing else this week's event is great for powerleveling Sharpshooter. I went from lv8 to 13 in a couple of games last night. My aim is so bad it takes something like this to make SS fun for me :negative:

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Dewgy posted:

I've started making a habit out of doing this every single match out of boredom. I figure if I rack up trophies for other people online it'll be something they appreciate.

I mean, I play offline solo 99% of the time, but it's the thought that counts, right? :v:

You're my kind of hero because I end up on a PS4 map I'm unfamiliar with and a few minutes later a trophy leprechaun will bestow me with gift. I wish there was a Thanks quick emote.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Ape Agitator posted:

You're my kind of hero because I end up on a PS4 map I'm unfamiliar with and a few minutes later a trophy leprechaun will bestow me with gift. I wish there was a Thanks quick emote.

:yeah:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Takes No Damage posted:

If nothing else this week's event is great for powerleveling Sharpshooter. I went from lv8 to 13 in a couple of games last night. My aim is so bad it takes something like this to make SS fun for me :negative:

There's some finagling in the input.ini file to make aiming easier and more consistent if you're struggling.

Tripwire confirmed that the Summer event ends for PC on Tuesday, and people have been saying that Tripwire said at one point that consoles will get it after the PC's event ends, so look forward to Tuesday if you're on PS4.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
This Tuesday? I thought there were like three weekly challenges left.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Takes No Damage posted:

I finally got Zerk to level 25 and decided to level Survivalist in HoE on Grooveyard. Went from level 0 to level 9 in one game. Also, keep practicing your aim, SS is tons of fun, the Centerfire is great.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

drat I should have discovered this fun as hell game 9 years ago.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Elysiume posted:

This Tuesday? I thought there were like three weekly challenges left.

I don't think weekly challenges are tied to the Summer event, they just launched them at the same time. AFAIK weekly gimmicks will continue for the foreseeable future.

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Also, keep practicing your aim, SS is tons of fun, the Centerfire is great.

We're all getting double XP right now so that helps too. And being able to consistently headshot stuff was pretty great, felt good to erase clots, crawlers and even gorefasts with a single click. My loadout was LAR and the Centerfire, maybe a second 9mm for unloading on things at the end of waves.

I may just break down and turn on the crosshairs when I play SS. I feel like things bob and weave around enough that that isn't completely OP like it would have been in the first game.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
XP weekend combined with the recent sale led to a good chunk of my steam buddies picking the game back up. Still fun as ever.

That said, I really hope Tripwire continues to add more content to keep the zed-killing from getting stale. New weapons are always nice, and with the implementation of cross-class benefits there are plenty of concepts the devs could use to fill out the more sparse perks.

M202 FLASH

A four-chambered incendiary rocket launcher most recognizable from the movie Commando, the m202 would be a perfect fit for an alternate tier 4 Demolitionist/Firebug weapon. Cousin to the RPG, it could feature a larger clip size (duh) and wide-spread burning effects, at the cost of being less effective at dishing out damage from impact/detonation.

Micro Uzi 9mm

Hilariously-tiny, yet packing a whopping 1700 rpm rate-of-fire, the Micro Uzi is closer to a pistol in size. wielded akimbo, they'd be a shoe-in for a tier-2 spot in the gunslinger/SWAT inventory. Give it low damage, but a silly firerate so players have the option to empty their clip in two seconds to mulch high-threat, early-wave targets.

Some kind of sci-fi medical...gauntlet thing?

Has no basis in reality, but I don't care; the Medic sorely needs more toys to play with, and his high speed and armor value could make for a viable melee role, while giving the Berserker a team-supporting option besides "hit stuff more." (also we need an excuse for fisticuff animations). Healing could come in the form of a souped-up version of the needle requiring the user to get close to his patient. No idea where on the tier it would fall, but seeing as the medic still has no alternate weapons at any level, I'd just be happy with any new options.

What terrible weapon ideas do you have, goons?

/edit: also bring back the chainsaw. Set it on fire or whatever if you have to. I just want to swing around something sharp and mechanical.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

ChickenHeart posted:

XP weekend combined with the recent sale led to a good chunk of my steam buddies picking the game back up. Still fun as ever.

That said, I really hope Tripwire continues to add more content to keep the zed-killing from getting stale. New weapons are always nice, and with the implementation of cross-class benefits there are plenty of concepts the devs could use to fill out the more sparse perks.

M202 FLASH

A four-chambered incendiary rocket launcher most recognizable from the movie Commando, the m202 would be a perfect fit for an alternate tier 4 Demolitionist/Firebug weapon. Cousin to the RPG, it could feature a larger clip size (duh) and wide-spread burning effects, at the cost of being less effective at dishing out damage from impact/detonation.

Micro Uzi 9mm

Hilariously-tiny, yet packing a whopping 1700 rpm rate-of-fire, the Micro Uzi is closer to a pistol in size. wielded akimbo, they'd be a shoe-in for a tier-2 spot in the gunslinger/SWAT inventory. Give it low damage, but a silly firerate so players have the option to empty their clip in two seconds to mulch high-threat, early-wave targets.

Some kind of sci-fi medical...gauntlet thing?

Has no basis in reality, but I don't care; the Medic sorely needs more toys to play with, and his high speed and armor value could make for a viable melee role, while giving the Berserker a team-supporting option besides "hit stuff more." (also we need an excuse for fisticuff animations). Healing could come in the form of a souped-up version of the needle requiring the user to get close to his patient. No idea where on the tier it would fall, but seeing as the medic still has no alternate weapons at any level, I'd just be happy with any new options.

What terrible weapon ideas do you have, goons?

/edit: also bring back the chainsaw. Set it on fire or whatever if you have to. I just want to swing around something sharp and mechanical.

Well besides the M202 FLASH and that shotgun they added recently, I'm having a hard time thinking of anything to suggest that wasn't in the first game, best thing I can think of would be the Chiappa Triple Threat for Support, thinking it'd be more of a long range shotgun, either with a very tight spread or using slug rounds

Actually just thought of two new Medic guns;

1) Tier 2 gun, is basically a slightly stronger LAR in function, cross perks with Sharpshooter

2) Tier 3 launcher, shoots weaker versions of the Medic grenade that have a smaller AOE and deal less damage and healing over time than the regular grenade, but gives a stronger initial burst of healing and damage, doesn't have Medic darts though, cross perks with Demolitionist

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I just want a MGL for the demolitionist.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
MGL with heal/incendiary/whatever attribute to make it a cross-perk item could definitely work as an m79 rival. In addition, a small-in-weight, tier 2 proximity/tripwire/ mine would make for a fantastic "loadout filler" weapon. Alternatively, they could give those features to the C-4 and make it more worthwhile to spend money on.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

Well besides the M202 FLASH and that shotgun they added recently, I'm having a hard time thinking of anything to suggest that wasn't in the first game, best thing I can think of would be the Chiappa Triple Threat for Support, thinking it'd be more of a long range shotgun, either with a very tight spread or using slug rounds

Hell, you might also go balls-out with a Vierling combination gun. Two barrels loaded with shot, and two with chunky rifle rounds for some range. Could actually make for a support/sharpshooter multiperk T3 gun. :haw:

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

ChickenHeart posted:

KF1 had Mac10s that worked sort of like that; the twist was that they were loaded with incendiary ammo to be a Firebug perk weapon, much like the trench shotgun. Pretty much everyone I know loved the Macs, so presumably they're slated for return at some point.

The M202 FLASH is a good idea, I like the thought of a demo/firebug crossperk weapon.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Perestroika posted:

Hell, you might also go balls-out with a Vierling combination gun. Two barrels loaded with shot, and two with chunky rifle rounds for some range. Could actually make for a support/sharpshooter multiperk T3 gun. :haw:

I like that a lot. Give it stats like a slightly improved double barrel + LAR or Centerfire and charge 1100. Less ammo than the the M4 obviously, but it'd be a great T3 sidegrade to help you take care of Husks at range, or slow down/get the attention of big zeds.

Also a huge fan of the M202 FLASH and Micro Uzi.

This game's going in a much better direction than it was a year ago, wow. I hadn't picked it up for months because last time I played frankly wasn't very fun, but all perks seem more or less useful now, and the resistance system is toned way down.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

I wanted to play KF2 after a year of not touching it and take advantage of double XP, but I always lose connection to the server minute after joining. I already tried deleting the config files but it didn't do anything to the problem.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
How about a Cajun Spice Injector for medic where if you kill the zed with it the tasty chunks will heal. Mmm cannibalism

For Firebug Ground Fire, I can hear the sound cue when I think it's working - a very brief roasting sound. I seem to get that on shots at their knees as well as sometimes shots just below their feet. Are there degrees of effectiveness or if I hear the roasting sound, I'm doing the best I can?

I've been trying to tap and create lily pads of flame for them to step on versus burning their shins and it feels more effective but I'm still unsure.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Ape Agitator posted:

How about a Cajun Spice Injector for medic where if you kill the zed with it the tasty chunks will heal. Mmm cannibalism

For Firebug Ground Fire, I can hear the sound cue when I think it's working - a very brief roasting sound. I seem to get that on shots at their knees as well as sometimes shots just below their feet. Are there degrees of effectiveness or if I hear the roasting sound, I'm doing the best I can?

I've been trying to tap and create lily pads of flame for them to step on versus burning their shins and it feels more effective but I'm still unsure.

A syringe gun. If you fill a zed with enough Horzine Nanotech the zed swells up like a balloon and explodes upon death releasing a mini-medic grenade effect. Nearby zeds get poisoned, nearby players get healed. Effect is obviously relatively minor, but hilarious.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Alkydere posted:

A syringe gun. If you fill a zed with enough Horzine Nanotech the zed swells up like a balloon and explodes upon death releasing a mini-medic grenade effect. Nearby zeds get poisoned, nearby players get healed. Effect is obviously relatively minor, but hilarious.

Hell just make this a passive for the medic syringe anyway. They've even already got the swelling animation from the microwave gun. I wanna run around infecting poo poo Binding of Isaac style.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
They need to add the Thompson :colbert:

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I want the firebug Uzi back

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kris xK posted:

I want the firebug Uzi back

Seconding this. More Firebug SMGs in general.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

the medic gauntlet is a really cool idea. the medic definitely needs some new stuff. to begin with they felt like the class with the best selection cause they had access to basically every weapon type, but post-cross-class guns they only really have their own original stock.

also the #1 thing i want is a new player character that's either the infected guy from kf1 or a friendly clot. I don't care if its a paid dlc, just give me bud the zombie from day of the dead and i'll be happy. maybe horzine still has some zeds in the facilities they still control and are trying to repurpose them to fight the other zeds. idk. Just put a nice jacket on the clot model and reuse the clot sounds that are already in the game.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The biggest things I want are Harry Enfield and the Chickenator. Those two things, plus West London, might as well BE Killing Floor, far as I'm concerned. And maybe the old trader as a character. Let her bitch about Frenchzine's prices.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

juggalo baby coffin posted:

...also the #1 thing i want is a new player character that's either the infected guy from kf1 or a friendly clot. I don't care if its a paid dlc, just give me bud the zombie from day of the dead and i'll be happy. maybe horzine still has some zeds in the facilities they still control and are trying to repurpose them to fight the other zeds. idk. Just put a nice jacket on the clot model and reuse the clot sounds that are already in the game.

His callouts should be groans and moans with the odd word in there. "Wragh urgh ahhh scrake!" Or maybe he's on a first-name basis and calls him Derek?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

I want normal chicken man, pls no lame Chickenator.