Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

spog posted:

To the fuckwit from Portsmouth or someone else?
A local (seemingly) non-fuckwit who actually came and looked at the loving thing first.

spog posted:

I don't really want to do that: it seems a horrible bodge and I can't help but think it will end up with my greasy dishwasher draining into my freshly laundered shirts.
Uhh... It shouldn't be able to do that, there shouldn't be a siphon effect from one to the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Any sub $100 tablet suggestions? (Is the fire hd the only option)

I have a kindle fire hd8 that is hosed. Keeps turning off even after a hard reset, so it is a hardware issue.
Warranty is only 3 goddamn months, tablet is 6 months old. A bunch of bullshit.
Amazon will give me $20 off a new one, but I dunno that I want to reward bullshit again.
Use is only browsing the internet and watching netflix/hulu/amazon.

Guess I shoulda bought the extended warranty, I didn't realize this only had a 3 month warranty.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Smoked 2 pork shoulders and they are so good, cant believe it's been over a year since i have made it

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

BraveUlysses posted:

Smoked 2 pork shoulders and they are so good, cant believe it's been over a year since i have made it

Were you in a coma or in prison? Why would you wait that long? I am generally trying to find reasons to smoke pork shoulders more than twice a month. Understand that the in between weeks are spent smoking ribs/steak/chicken.

I smoked a pot roast a few weeks ago and just thinking about the gravy makes me tear up it was that beautiful.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I took a Michigan left and my car sputtered out and died, wouldn't turn over. Got it to start after about fifteen minutes of looking at everything and I smelled a lot of petrol in the exhaust as I walked around the car letting it sit running for a second

Did it somehow get flooded and it's fine or did I bend a rod and it's about to blow up? Guess I'll have to take it to the mechanic and have him tell me

I lost all power and managed to turn it into a car park so either it misfired or flooded or something glaringly simple like that but good thing my brother is going to Mexico this week for business so I can let it sit for a while

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Yes, fuel injected cars can still flood. No telling from over the internet why it cut off, its probably electrical, although during a sharp turn is a classic symptom of water in the gas tank.

If you suspect it of flooding, hold the pedal all the way to the floor and crank. Most every car has a "clear flood mode" that will shut down the injectors.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Can personally confirm that the Ion (which he also has) does have a flood clear mode - I use it every time I do an oil change to try and get the oil moving before letting it fire up (I crank it for about 15 seconds, then let go of the throttle and it starts up). But he said it wouldn't turn over at all?

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jul 10, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nm posted:

I have a kindle fire hd8 that is hosed. Keeps turning off even after a hard reset, so it is a hardware issue.
Amazon will give me $20 off a new one, but I dunno that I want to reward bullshit again.

Guess I shoulda bought the extended warranty, I didn't realize this only had a 3 month warranty.

I have a standard non Kindle Fire and it's held up great over the last year. Battery life could be better but it works great for all the stuff you listed and I think it was $35 during a Lightning deal.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

What's a "standard non kindle fire"? :confused:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

What's a "standard non kindle fire"? :confused:

A tablet that's Fire-branded without the "Kindle" branding.

This is what I have
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TSUGXKE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I mean you can use it as an e-reader but it doesn't do the e-ink thing.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Huh. I guess they just dropped the Kindle part of the Kindle Fire name?

fake edit: yup

Shows how long it's been since I bought a tablet. I have the original first gen Kindle Fire.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I took a Michigan left and my car sputtered out and died, wouldn't turn over. Got it to start after about fifteen minutes of looking at everything and I smelled a lot of petrol in the exhaust as I walked around the car letting it sit running for a second

Did it somehow get flooded and it's fine or did I bend a rod and it's about to blow up? Guess I'll have to take it to the mechanic and have him tell me

I lost all power and managed to turn it into a car park so either it misfired or flooded or something glaringly simple like that but good thing my brother is going to Mexico this week for business so I can let it sit for a while

Possible fuel filter issue? My Volvo 240 would stall taking a right at anything above a grandma pace because the fuel filter in the tank was 20 years old and clogged. I mean, unless I accelerated while turning, then it was fine :pcgaming:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I floored it in second gear when it gave out which is why I at first thought I blew my engine up so blech

It was probably flooded

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

nm posted:

Don't know how much they cost over your way but the wife and I have different variants of the Lenovo tab3 10". Both cost £100 and apart from a brightness bug which is fixed by installing an app, turning a setting off and removing the app, pretty good.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I took a Michigan left and my car sputtered out and died, wouldn't turn over.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I floored it in second gear when it gave out which is why I at first thought I blew my engine up so blech

It was probably flooded

It was the universe punishing you for driving like a dick.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Were you in a coma or in prison? Why would you wait that long? I am generally trying to find reasons to smoke pork shoulders more than twice a month. Understand that the in between weeks are spent smoking ribs/steak/chicken.

I smoked a pot roast a few weeks ago and just thinking about the gravy makes me tear up it was that beautiful.

Yeah, did a nice shoulder starting Saturday night for supper yesterday.
gently caress drat she was good, even if I wasn't feeling 100% Saturday so my rub game was weaksauce.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Just had a new CNC delivered at work. Apparently no-one measured the height of the factory roof vs the gantry loader mechanism movement path.

Yaaaay. :toot:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Seminal Flu posted:

Wish it would punish you for being such a sanctimonious rear end in a top hat all the time.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
y'all need jesus

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

InitialDave posted:

Just had a new CNC delivered at work. Apparently no-one measured the height of the factory roof vs the gantry loader mechanism movement path.

Self clearancing?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

InitialDave posted:

CNC's need skylights.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
It was suggested.

Looks like they're going with moving it around to put that end under the higher clearance point, though.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

If anyone has telegram I've got a car group chat rollin. Hit me up with your username or however the gently caress that works.

Also slack channel is at automotiveinsanity.slack.com

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Adiabatic posted:

If anyone has telegram I've got a car group chat rollin. Hit me up with your username or however the gently caress that works.

Also slack channel is at automotiveinsanity.slack.com
I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about. Telegram?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

It's a chat app like GroupMe or WhatsApp

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
can confirm, both are legit..until you realize I'm included in the conversation there, and that as a result, it is poo poo.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Terrible Robot posted:

Wish it would punish you for being such a sanctimonious rear end in a top hat all the time.

Because not yielding right of way and turning in front of oncoming traffic is such a laudable action? :bravo:

I may be an rear end in a top hat, but I'll admit when I'm wrong. :wink:

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jul 10, 2017

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Terrible Robot posted:

:vince:

Seminal Flu posted:

Because not yielding right of way and turning in front of oncoming traffic is such a laudable action? :bravo:

Not sure how you got that from his words. Do you know what a Michigan left is?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Seminal Flu posted:

it was an empty highway with a 55mph speedlimit so why not??? :thunk:

there was no oncoming traffic and obv i yielded.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Larrymer posted:

:vince:

Not sure how you got that from his words. Do you know what a Michigan left is?

Nope, I'm a dumbass. I assumed it was an appropriation of the Pittsburgh Left colloquialism!

Sorry, TT!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

it was an empty highway with a 55mph speedlimit so why not??? :thunk:

there was no oncoming traffic and obv i yielded.

See above, sorry TT!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Somewhat Heroic posted:

IDK really I guess i only buy pork shoulder when i see it on sale at 99c/lb

I prefer ribs TBH but these shoulders were great

i did a salt and pepper rub on one of them and it was extremely good, haven't ever done a pork butt without a full type of rub.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

y'all need jesus

The Spanish gardener?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Seminal Flu posted:

Nope, I'm a dumbass. I assumed it was an appropriation of the Pittsburgh Left colloquialism!

Sorry, TT!

See above, sorry TT!

ah no worries then :)

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I am also very angry about this conversation

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull

Somewhat Heroic posted:

You're making me feel better about my decision to build a balls out gravity feed cabinet smoker for my next smoker.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
AI Dads/Moms how nervous should I be since my wife is due any time now.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Wrar posted:

Why be nervous? It'll happen when it happens. :)

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Wrar posted:

rip wrar's social life

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

Wrar posted:

Hopefully you stocked up on sleep beforehand. Also RIP social life indeed.

On the plus side I've found most breweries to be baby friendly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Wrar posted:

Quick: go out for a nice meal in a nice restaurant and have a relaxing time.

You won't be doing that again for the next 25 years, so enjoy your last chance.

• Locked thread